|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
*Destroy all artifacts.
*Destroy all enchantments.
*Destroy all creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less.
*Destroy all creatures with converted mana cost 4 or greater.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||bakunet , Roadhog , rebelteddybear , angesoir , jwitzleben , Sparky41 , killstars , Xunfor6iv3nX , CampbellStev , mazrimtaim , Azdranax , jstn.mrrtt , Swamy , MattN7498 , mziter501 , Epochalyptik|
|Want (12)||pskinn01 , TheAlmostHero , JeremyTheMiner , samuelianstorm , BetaTest , Spinalripper , Doom_of_Valyria , Suns_Champion , Xikitten123 , http404error , rakdos24 , Big-Foot|
Austere Command Discussion
1 day ago
since your mono colored and your angels require a lot of white mana, you might want to consider Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for high mana plays. Otherwise, consider cards like Land Tax, Tithe, or Weathered Wayfarer like one person recommended above.
Considering the low amount of equipment and auras, you might want to consider taking out Sigarda's Aid, as there is surely something more synergistic for that spot.
Good luck :)
2 days ago
I often have at least an Equipment or a tutor in the opening hand. A second Equipment or tutor in the opener or off the top within the first few turns is not uncommon. Equipmentless hands happen, but that's what mulligans are for.
Kemba would need a similar amount of Equipment a this deck. Maybe go up to 18. I see too many lists jam an excessive amount of Equipment expecting Kemba to be suited up with everything and take over the board immediately.
An unchecked Kemba making 1-2 tokens a turn with an active anthem is plenty of pressure. No need to get blown out by a sweeper from overextending.
Austere Command is in my deck. It's the shiny Amonkhet Invocation print too!
Mass Calcify costs too much mana for a creature-only sweeper. Not killing White creatures is also a concern when against other White decks.
3 days ago
Thanks for posting this comment; you reminded me to update my primer! I've actually removed Kindred Dominance from my list and replaced it with Austere Command. I've been testing tons of different alternatives for Kindred Dominance for the past month and Austere Command just because of how flexible it is.
Harsh Mercy is definitely a great alternative for Kindred Dominance, however there are too many tribal decks in my meta to make it worthwhile.
5 days ago
Austere Command has also been a pet-favorite of mine lately..
on Oloro Stuff
1 week ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
1 week ago
I made some reverses and added some cards in,
I took out the untap spells, Settle the Wreckage , and Desertion
I added in Austere Command which I conveniently already have, Spell Crumple as a counter that completely destroys decks that are reliant on there commander, and an Ojutai's Command because it is versatile and I do not have money for a Mystic Confluence yet, but it is a placeholder for it for now and I also conveniently already have and added a land back
1 week ago
Mindbreak Trap: I suppose you have to just cross your fingers on the first two spells not being too important, otherwise I like Summary Dismissal more or just something else that's cheaper.
Desertion: has it ever happened that this turned into a five mana cancel? I can imagine it could. This is also the only card in your deck that takes things from opponents, so its not neccesarily on theme either.
Djeru's Resolve/Tidal Bore: I debated Untap spells with my Ojutai deck as well, ultimately I decided against it. It runs counter intuitive to a vigilance themed deck in my mind, and I can picture quite a many scenario where a counter would do the job more cleanly. You are not wrong saying they are like counters, but I think they are deceptively narrow counters that at times will not help at all because Ojutai will not need to tap.
Ghostly Prison- I've generally only see this paired with propaganda, it's odd to run one and not the other. I'd say that if you only want one you're probably better not running either. It's a both or neither kind of card pairing in my view.
Settle the Wreckage: This card I am very on the fence about. 4 mana gets into AEtherspouts territory, and one can argue the latter has less downside, but isn't exactly a great card either. Exiling creatures without targeting them is sweet. However, the stipulation that they must be attacking is irksome, and won't help at all against decks that don't win through combat. Not to mention the cases where you could end up ramping out all the basic lands an opponent has. That all being said, if its good removal for your meta then keep it in. Just another card that could prove of less value when other options are considered. Like Austere Command for instance.
On a sidenote, I am somewhat amazed at how few lands you run with a 5 CMC commander. Our respective decks have a close average Cmc, should I be running fewer lands? Do you just always hit ramp? You don't run a particularly large amount of ramp cards, though you do have some powerful ones. Feel like I am missing something.
1 week ago
Hey! daNoodalz thank you very much for looking this over. My main reason for not having a whole lot of protection for the alignment piece is that it comes with hexproof. I never really see any modern decks run mass enchantment removal, the only ones that come to mind are Oblivion Stone (which if that goes off I'm probably already dead) and maybe Austere Command. A lot of the removal I see mainboard are usually to deal with creatures, even things that spread into non-land permanents (abrupt decay and maelstrom pulse), require targets, which the alignment is protected from. Even sideboard people usually run mass anti-artifact rather than mass anti-enchantment. People do run wear/tear and such, but those need targets. Not to mention that the alignment gets sided out game 2 so those people that do run the mass anti-enchantments will just be having dead draws. I actually do like the Renegade's Getaway but I don't feel has the most synergy with the deck since most of my creatures I'm okay with dying and if someone is going to waste an anti-enchantment on my vessel then so be it.
Thank you once again for looking at this but I don't feel it needs to much protection since mass anti-enchantments aren't common in modern, if they do become common then the getaway and Heroic Intervention will definitely be looked at.