Choose two Destroy all artifacts; or destroy all enchantments; or destroy all creatures with converted mana cost 3 or less; or destroy all creatures with converted mana cost 4 or greater.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Austere Command Discussion
23 hours ago
Alright so one last update for today. I've finally decided to take your advice BrotherofTarmogoyf and added Phyrexian Arena to the main deck in place of Austere Command. There is some anti-synergy with Enduring Ideal and Luminarch Ascension, but the synergy with Solitary Confinement and the potential quickening of the early game with some card draw outweighs this significantly. I've also decided to switch out Maze of Ith for Kor Haven in the main deck. It sucks a little bit to pay 2 extra mana for basically the same effect, but it's not such a big deal once Enduring Ideal is cast. I also really like that you can tap it for mana because the deck was a little bit light on lands as it was. Maze of Ith might work its way back into the main deck, but probably not at the expense of another land. Need to do some more testing with these changes.
1 day ago
2 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
4 days ago
Aura of Silence and Blind Obedience are artifact hate and fit into the enchantment theme you have, Karmic Justice wards off any destruction or wipes. Besides Aura of Silence I don't know to many more Austere Command is one of the most versatile board wipes in white and can hit artifacts. I like the direction you're taking this deck it's much better than mine when I attempted it.
1 week ago
I have a few more suggestions you may be interested in. I'll try to point out cards to swap for them where I can.
Duelist's Heritage is a fantastic card. Not only does it give double strike to an attacking creature on your turn, you can also give it to opponents attacking creatures on their turn, to incentivize them attacking other opponents, or simply maximize their damage when they do. Because it is a global enchantment, as opposed to an aura, it isn't destroyed when your creature is, and you can change who it benefits each turn. Possibly use it to replace Battle Mastery
Steel of the Godhead is just a fantastic enchantment to throw onto your commander. +2/+2, lifelink, and unblockable.
Austere Command could be fantastic removal for your deck, especially considering that your commander falls below the 3cmc division line.
Some cards I'd suggest removing:
Door of Destinies. You are heavily divided among your creature types, so it won't give you that much benefit. Furthermore, it doesn't benefit your commander whatsoever. Also, bear in mind that it only activates on cast triggers, so his angel tokens do it no good.
Coat of Arms. Like above, it's a big card for a small buff. It would likely never confir more than a +3 bonus, and if it did, then your field would already be so populated as to not need it. And worse still, your opponents could greatly benefit from it. If you happen to encounter a human, elf, or goblin deck, (all 3 having very prominent commanders atm), then this card will surely do you in.
1 week ago
Okay, let's do this! cracks knuckles I love the snarky tone of the description, btw :)
The stax elements of this deck seem strong, mostly. You're missing Winter Orb though. I would normally suggest Crackdown and Meekstone and Moat, but they interfere with Alesha :( Perhaps Smoke or Mudslide? I don't personally like Chalice of the Void in EDH, though, there's just too much variance in the mana cost of powerful cards. And since you're reanimating things anyway, might as well play Big Daddy Smokestack!
However, the land base seems...a little off. 29 mana-producing lands is REALLY really low, doubly so since you will have to pay some of your own "taxes". I know that the Karoo lands help a bit, but I still wouldn't trust this mana base without SIGNIFICANT testing. You might also find the Filterlands useful to mana fix (Rugged Prairie, Fetid Heath, Graven Cairns). I also never leave home without Reflecting Pool, City of Brass, Mana Confluence, etc. Basically, look at Lilbrudder's Leovold mana base and color-shift it XD
I'm actually not really a fan of Nahiri, the Harbinger in EDH. Is she just there for utility, or are you planning to use her ult? If the former is true, there are better ways to get card filtering. If the latter is true, what's your finisher?
That being said, planeswalkers can generally be really good in stax decks. You might get away with including some other walkers that play more into your gameplan, possibly Sorin Markov to reset lifetotals? :)
No Necropotence? :( I guess maybe the card is too much color commitment in tri-color.
If you're going to run Mox Opal with only 18 artifacts, I'd try and include the three on-color artifact lands as well.
False Prophet seems odd here, since you have the ability to reanimate creatures with relative ease.
Yes or no on Mox Diamond? Your land count is already low, but it's so good...
I hope that helps a bit! :) I'll leave more comments if I think of them, and happy deckbuilding!
1 week ago
yeah anytime! I go through different builds of karametra every couple of months/yr, this time around Im not playing that many wrath spells, but my normal wrath's are Wrath of God, Akroma's Vengeance, Phyrexian Rebirth Catastrophe and Austere Command. This is the typical mana curve you want you wrath spells to be at generally, Idk if this helps or not! Let me know how it goes and if you need any help!
1 week ago
Oh A good one is also Catastrophe, once you have avacyn out, thats just mean, but it'll win you the game if/when it resolves. there is also Akroma's Vengeance though its high on the CMC it does a shit ton depending on how controlly your friends are. theres also Planar Cleansing Final Judgement Phyrexian Rebirth (this is a good one aswell as it nets you a pretty huge x/x) A one sided wipe is Mass Calcify, which is a hit or miss depending on the other commander's colors' there's also Fated Retribution, for token generators some good ones are March of Souls and Martial Coup Solar Tide is a good one too, its a bit like Austere Command in a sense if give multiple uses which can be good, but thats up to you and your meta. Although its not a sorcery card, I cam upon Magus of the Disk could be nice since he's a creature and can have a lot of synergies, but thats up to you and how you built/build your deck. Divine Reckoning, is nice cause it has flashback. I hope these suggestions help!