|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search target opponent's library for a creature card and put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||NobleSlay3r , Metaphisyk , itheoryz , rockleemyhero , Roadhog , Vasbear1 , Benniator ,|
|Want (31)||AwesomeOctopus , Willis1994 , eralebus , psoliver , Mousemke , Ssserra , ryuzaki32667 , CastleSiege , Donktor_Jcon , uhore , MisterRoach , MasterRoach117 , No1HanSolo , Va1mar , afeuling , eleventhend , Syram , spike1395 , Rathe , Lokotor , chucklebot , Enkki , essex0619 , xpsychovampx , cainanunes , noobhammer , georgehades , theilluminaire , Amazements , MoJoMiXuP , SlickWizard|
7 hours ago
4 days ago
I played her a long time, but in my playinggroup, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight often gets Bribery'ed, so i build more themespecific and less around big hitter like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight or Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite.
but thanks for the recommendation!
3 weeks ago
Not to be too cheeky zjepsen, but if you are adding blue, Cyclonic Rift, various counterspells like Mana Drain and Cryptic Command, various Clone effcts especially like Stunt Double and Clever Impersonator, and steal effects like Control Magic and Bribery all top the list. Also check out Domineering Will, Energy Field with Rest in Peace, and especially Curse of Verbosity. Your list is pretty good, but I would not really be interested in Isperia, Supreme Judge. For that much mana you should either win the game of become immortal, not just provide a mild deterrent to attacking you. I would play Platinum Angel over it.
RobotCowhand, you should unpack that a bit. Grand Abolisher is awesome, and is a pretty frequent add when I am ditching a card for some reason. It has been in and out of the deck probably close to a dozen times. It is awesome against counterspells and permanent answers that have to be answered in the moment, but it can be played around, and I never feel like I have to have it to win, even if I feel safer when I have it. I frequently win at instant speed and on their turn, and when I don't it is pretty frequent that it is with non-Hasted creatures, so the only thing Grand Abolisher stops is counterspells. What situations do you find yourelf in that would require it over something else the deck has? What decks beat you, and how do they keep you from winning? How does Grand Abolisher stop that? I would love to learn about situations I don't really encounter.
1 month ago
@TheNocholas, I don't like Hellkite Tyrant in case of Bribery , Mirage Mirror is a good call, i like it but i already need to cut 3 cards for this list, But damn cloning a threat or one of my bombs for a single turn seems good!
1 month ago
Here are some flavourful card ideas:
If you like some of the cards and want some help looking at what to swap, just ask, I'd be happy to help.
1 month ago
Nicolascolau, if you want to drop a land I'd drop the basic swamp, unless you REALLY need it in your meta (tons of Blood Moon and Back to Basics in every game). The swamp is kind of redundant with Urborg, and urborg is generally better (although it gets worse if you're not running tabernacle). Also you need fewer lands if you're not likely to run into Stony Silence and Null Rod. If you're not generally under mana pressure from Stax decks then I'd drop a land and go for 30-mana producing lands.
crstisalie ... oh man, what are you playing against that you want LLawan for? Some kind of merfolk aggro? :) OTOH, Bribery is probably playable if your opponents have stuff worth taking (reanimation targets or conc sphinx or fatties or some jank).
1 month ago
Alright so I'm going to list a bunch of cards to cut but before I do... Mizzix is a deck that you either want to combo out in, or burn people's faces into oblivion; you don't want to make a bunch of tokens and swing with them because if you get boardwiped you probably can't get those token producers back. Also 90% of this deck you should be able to reduce cost for, and if you can't that card better make one hell of an impact. That said here is my list of cuts for you.
- Blustersquall: Turnabout is just a better card than this, it also can be your win con with Reiterate and is just more flexible
- Commit//Memory: I tried running this but it just never seemed good. I don't want my hand anywhere but in my hand, and if I counter something I'd rather it be gone.
- Counterflux: You can't reduce cost. More importantly you have to have both your colors and that can be a struggle sometimes.
- Dragonshift: You should only have 2-3 creatures at most for the majority of the game.
- Fall of the titans: I ran this for awhile but it ended up being a dead card in my hand 70% of the time.
- Fateful Showdown: Again, in this deck you should want every card in your hand, because a good portion of this deck is holding up mana.
- Izzet Charm: Not enough value.
- Prophetic Bolt: I recently cut Prophetic Bolt and to be honest I haven't missed it at all, just doesn't have enough value.
- Spellbook: Run Thought Vessel and/or Reliquary Tower in its place, its just not enough value to take a card slot. Pro tip, Reliquary Tower should be in EVERY EDH deck, same thing with Sol Ring
- Ral Zarek: You can't reduce cost. I get wanting a walker in the deck because value every turn for free is great BUT in this deck it's not really value because cost reduction.
- Pore Over The Pages: Ugin's Insight is just better, but I'd consider Mystic Speculation instead; still card advantage but you can play it over and over for more experience.
- Mizzium Mortars: If you are going to play a card like this, Blasphemous Act is just better.
- Devastation Tide: Cyclonic Rift is just worlds better.
- Call the Skybreaker: #NotYourWinCon
- Blatant Thievery: Great card honestly, but I think Bribery is just better and less expensive.
- Blast of Genius: Not enough value.
- Curious Homunculus: I tried running this card and honestly on turn two would you rather hold up man to counter a spell or play a guy who only produces colorless mana, not red, your other color?
- Docent of Perfection: You don't care about tokens, and you don't have enough Wizards to make it worth your while.
- Enigma Drake: I think this card slot is just better occupied elsewhere.
- Goblin Electromancer: Baral, Chief of Compliance is a better card in everyway.
- Guttersnipe: I get how useful it could be, but in my experience it's targeted right away.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon: You can't reduce cost, and the value just isn't there.
- Niv-Mizzet, the firemind: You can't reduce cost.
- Talrand, sky summoner: You don't care about tokens.
Now that I'm done with cuts, and hopefully not making an ass out of myself here are some suggestions of really good cards that have lots of value!
- Pact of Negation & Force of Will I know they are expensive but... then when your opponent thinks they are safe you can still break them.
- Disallow You can reduce cost and it counters EVERYTHING!
- Mindswipe Counter and burn in one fell swoop, use it late game with a bunch of EXP and that's a good chunk of damage.
- Syncopate Permanently get rid of that dumb card you hate.
- Blue Sun's Zenith The card that just keeps on giving right? Also this card says 'Target Player' so you can mill a player out with this.
- Aetherflux Reservoir Jesus this card has saved my ass SOOOO many times, can't speak enough good about this card.
- Meekstone This is great if there's a lot of creature aggro in your meta, it crushes my play group
- Pyromancer's Goggles All aboard the value train...
- Inexorable Tide All of the EXPs!
- Leyline of Anticipation & Rhystic Study These are a MUST HAVE in ANY blue deck or deck playing blue. Your playgroup will hate you for it because 'Do you pay the one?' gets old but it's all value.
- Torrential Gearhulk Shit who cares about Snapcaster when you got this winner!
- Bonus Round & Spellseeker They just came out of battlebond but... I have high hopes for them in this deck.