Each nonland card in your graveyard has escape. The escape cost is equal to the card's mana cost plus exile three other cards from your graveyard. (You may cast cards from your graveyard for their escape cost.)
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Underworld Breach.
Printings View all
|Theros Beyond Death (THB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Altar of Dementia + Dockside Extortionist + Underworld Breach
- Lion's Eye Diamond + Underworld Breach
- Gitaxian Probe + Golgari Grave-Troll + Underworld Breach
- Demonic Tutor + Underworld Breach
- Hall of Heliod's Generosity + Underworld Breach
- Sundial of the Infinite + Underworld Breach
- Smothering Tithe + Underworld Breach + Wheel of Fortune
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Underworld Breach Discussion
22 hours ago
Damn, dongerlord. Thanks for the thourough analysis. You are clearly going very competitive with your list (don't forget Extract!) where I'm trying to build ... an on theme 75%? I don't know what my list is but I like it. It's fun.
Underworld Breach fits under Sun Titan and grants massive utility. In.
Narset of the Ancient Way look at my list again and look at all three abilities. Fits the theme.
I'm a huge fan of Surveyor's Scope but that exile clause... Needs Karn to make it viable.
The rest of the stuff was for a different style of play and direction of control.
1 day ago
Oh sorry I forgot to mention that Underworld Breach + Mana Geyser + Wheel of Fortune is also a wincon. Its a 'budget' version of the Lion's Eye Diamond + Underworld Breach + Wheel of Fortune combo, but it actually works better in your deck because it combos with your existing burn cards to burn everyone out.
1 day ago
It seems like you're running burn as your wincon.
Here are some cards that might help.
Since these are symmetrical burn, you could also run Glacial Chasm and stall it out. This is also the most important land card to run with these mono red sorcery finishers. Your Pariah is also a god level card with this setup. You might also consider Heartless Hidetsugu as a combo with these 2 cards.
For more drastic changes, you can fix around your landbase to cut a lot of nonbasics and add basics with a load of fetchlands, such as Fabled Passage, Prismatic Vista, , Ash Barrens, Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds, Myriad Landscape, Warped Landscape, some Panorama fetches, and keeping Flooded Strand + Scalding Tarn + Arid Mesa. I have this landbase in another of my burn decks and its fully sufficient for tri-colour commanders. In white, you get access to Land Tax as well so it helps further fix your mana - although in my experience with this landbase I would say its not even necessary.
With a basic land landbase, it opens you up to more burn, such as Price of Progress, Burning Earth. It also opens you up to hard stax cards if you have a vendetta against someone: Magus of the Moon, Blood Moon, Back to Basics.
An alternative package you can consider with your wheels is Narset, Parter of Veils and Alms Collector to discard their entire hand. You already have Smothering Tithe as well. Psychic Possession is also insane with wheels as it lets you draw 14 off a single wheel.
I would also just add Underworld Breach because its straight up insane.
You can also try Mana Geyser for a super explosive turn by recasting it from the graveyard again.
Dack Fayden is both a ramp card and a way to dump cards into your graveyard.
Some cards I see that you could also try cutting/changing are:
Land Tax - you can run ramp artifacts instead, such as Surveyor's Scope. Surveyor's Scope is an excellent card with many fetchlands as you can tap them to sac as a cost, then activate Surveyor's Scope for up to 3 basics untapped since your fetchland is no longer on the field. Or basically any other 2 mana rock will do.
I would consider Ral, Izzet Viceroy a bit too slow.
Long live our Overlord Sevinne
1 day ago
Wow. I love this decklist. Imma make my own based off this list, with the exception of the more expensive mana rocks, a few of the creatures, and add Underworld Breach because it seems busted. I would love to see an updated list AlexRuzhyo!
1 day ago
5 days ago
I like Rielle at the helm but I'm not looking at putting it in the 98/99 anywhere. That is a very real combo but I don't like LED in this list. So far Underworld Breach seems pretty good at pulling wins out of thin air without the extra slot. I like it a LOT in Grixis Storm.
6 days ago
How do you feel about Rielle, the Everwise ? Do you think it will make the cut with all the wheels? Also, what about the combo with Wheel of Fortune, Lion's Eye Diamond, and Underworld Breach? I think it is a really good combo
1 week ago
Thanks for the update!
Some questions and comments on card choices below.
- First, you have two Scheming Symmetry in the list (one foil, one non-foil). This is great since it means you have another slot ;)
- Phantasmal Image - is this a general utility slot or am I missing a key combo?
- No Dark Confidant? Bob seems great to play on turn 1.
- Land count and selected lands: is 29 enough considering you have Tabernacle? Maybe 29 mana producing lands would be good? Also a bit hesitant to include Prismatic Vista with only 3 basics, but I suppose you tested this. I would consider including Cavern of Souls for when you have to push through Circu for the win.
- Have you considered Winds of Rebuke? It has synergy with the Lantern effects and is a pretty solid card anyway.
- How has Brain Freeze performed for you? You tend to see this card in grixis storm for the synergy with Underworld Breach, but here it might be a bit win-more since your commander is a storm outlet.
- Not sure if it's needed, but I was considering including Sigil Tracer as a backup for Isochron Scepter. Your commander is a wizard, so it will generate infinite storm with Dramatic Reversal, but might be a bit too niche and expensive.
- I was hoping to find room for Muddle the Mixture (finds both parts of IsoRev) and/or Spellseeker (finds Reversal), but maybe they're too expensive or slow? I like muddle before wishclaw I think, which is really only usable on the combo turn.
I'll do a more extensive review and some goldfishing later!