Untap all nonland permanents you control.
|Have (2)||Smokingclays ,|
|Want (2)||Xylode , Nankotsu|
Printings View all
|Game Night 2019 (GN2)||Common|
Combos Browse all
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + Power Artifact
- Dramatic Reversal + Sol Ring
- Basalt Monolith + Dramatic Reversal
- Dramatic Reversal + Gilded Lotus + Isochron Scepter
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + Mana Vault
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + Thran Dynamo
- Basalt Monolith + Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter
- Dramatic Reversal + Walking Atlas
- Dramatic Reversal + Gilded Lotus
- Dramatic Reversal + Panoptic Mirror
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dramatic Reversal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
UR (Izzet): 0.49%
UBR (Grixis): 0.52%
Dramatic Reversal Discussion
2 days ago
Lol I love Persistent Petitioners! You probably have a lot too much land for a deck with only two drops. I would drop down to maybe 33 or 34. Maybe play the following cards: Dramatic Reversal,Counterspell,Thrumming Stone,Minister of Inquiries, and Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage.
+1 Good Luck!
2 days ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.
2 days ago
@eisgnom09: I am in the process of upgrading the deck and the scepter will be going in. But Dramatic Reversal does not need the scepter to be good in this deck. Often times you will have 5+ mana rocks which will net you extra mana to keep on digging. I used to run Thousand-Year Storm and Primal Amulet Flip too, and often won the game with a flashback of Devil's Play with huge amounts of mana from Dramatic Reversal copied a bunch of times.
4 days ago
Very good question! At first hand this would probably seem like a problem, but then we remember that we have an insane draw-engine on the field. We can just play the disruptive game-plan until we have pieced together a Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter combo along with enough interaction to back up a secondary wincon (such as Mesmeric Orb + Staff of Domination -combo or a more intricate line with Timetwister + either Swan Song or Brain Freeze).
I have not played/ brewed any budget/ more casual build of Emry unfortunetly so I redirected your question to the nice people at the Emry discord ( https://discord.gg/NeMwgTG )!
4 days ago
By the way Dramatic Reversal goes infinite with isochron and urza
1 week ago
My recommendations :
I think most people will tell you that Oloro offers little competitive advantage to you compared to other esper commander like Zur (who can fetch Necropotence into play) or even Aminatou (who is a combo piece in the command zone). I think upsides for Oloro would be that he can do larger ad nauseam and possibly can even run Humility which few decks can win while it is on the board.
MANA COST TOO HIGH
I would first add better ramp, better draw, potential Stax, tutors and then other win cons.
Verity Circle (good against dorks)
Plunge into Darkness (a good Impulse)
CONSULT COMBO Demonic Consultation
AD NAUSEAM COMBO Angel's Grace
Ad Nauseam (draw whole deck, can Windfall and make everyone die while AG means you can't lose
Heliod Walking Ballista
Rocks that produce at least three mana total (outlet is extort with blind obedience or crypt ghast) If have pristine Talisman gain infinite life, which is infinite draw with commander
Didn't look at landbase
1 week ago
1 week ago
So, one glaring thing I see that's missing is Dramatic Reversal and Isochron Scepter. Additionally, Priest of Titania may not generate blue for the activation of your commander but it's one of the best dorks ever printed and would give you easy infinite green mana with everything else you got going on here. Great start!