|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Untap all nonland permanents you control.
|Have (8)||anonymausguy , mlouden03 , awalloftext , mymanpotsandpans , Kvothe1115 , mentor6 , MrCrazzyc , ironax|
|Want (44)||joshw335 , athix , coadster , Liquicitizen , Flame213 , snoopywashere , Tomasaa , CryAll , mgoodwi5 , Fullmetalmage , Commonomicon , MasterRoach117 , mtgtim , Chabert , itskevinmiller , bryanmochi , SupremeRNB , eleventhend , Korevana , zephyrmoth , dontjudgemyusername , XVicarious , colorfulsnailboy , Xz0mb13x91 , Vukodlak , obitus , kovellen , jkdhfgui , MstrbtnManatee , guimuave , chucklebot , Skydra2 , Schwiggity , Cunningcrow , Animale , jbriedis , Elphane , zomburs , tristanishappy , Dragonsound , THP88 , klokwurk , dtfer , kungfurabbi|
Dramatic Reversal Discussion
1 day ago
Here's an example I just thought of. It's pretty absurd.
- Play Prototype Portal and imprint Isochron Scepter . (Actually, you only need two Isochron Scepters, so you can copy it however you want.)
- Make two copies of Isochron Scepter. Imprint one with Dramatic Reversal and another with Reward the Faithful
- Add some mana rocks to the mix, then cast Dramatic Reversal and Reward the Faithful infinite times, causing all players to gain infinite life. Alternatively, target only the players willing to grouphug.
- Smirk and insist that everybody agree to a draw.
2 days ago
I haven't considered trying it out yet as that's 7 total CMC and definitely hurts the Ad Nauseam curve. If I were to try something similar I would go along Winds of Rebuke as I can go use that as a secondary line with Isochron Scepter / Copy Artifact / Dramatic Reversal line.
Maybe in a different build but not my current one atm~
3 days ago
If you're running Guile in a stax deck, you should be running Dovescape .
With Grand Arbiter+Pili-Pala combo, you should probably run some X draw spells. Blue Sun's Zenith , Sphinx's Revelation , and Pull from Tomorrow are your friends. If you want to make that a central part of your game plan, Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal is an easy one to run, and Muddle the Mixture is a good budget tutor for both pieces that has utility, as well as being able to get Pili-Pala and Pull From Tomorrow. You can then win on that turn with Approach of the Second Sun.
If you're going to run a bunch of Armageddon effects, I would also run Faith's Reward .
4 days ago
It was there in the original deck list I had but was cut when I moved towards the mid-range build. Since I am mostly controlling the game nowadays, I found that Aetherflux Reservoir was more of a dead card in my hand if I didn't get Isochron Scepter / Dramatic Reversal to go infinite storm. It's still a flex card but I haven't entirely missed it at all. I am pretty much only running two lines of winning atm and it has served me well in my meta currently. Cutting out the dead card for more reaction helped me quite a bit more, hope that answers your question :3
5 days ago
Yo DavePeachtree there are plenty of ways to go infinite mana in dimir colors, i'll list a couple for ya.
- Isochron Scepter / Dramatic Reversal - Essentially when you have enough mana rocks producing mana you will be able to make infinite copies of Dramatic Reversal which leads into infinite mana. If you have color mana within those rocks, you can go infinite colored mana.
- Rings of Brighthearth / Basalt Monolith - Infinite colorless mana, requires mana before you can start to copy the untap effect of Basalt Monolith.
- Rings of Brighthearth + Cabal Coffers + Deserted Temple - Requires 6 Swamps to start netting mana, copy the untap effect of Deserted Temple to go infinite black mana.
- Grim Monolith / Basalt Monolith + Power Artifact - Infinite Colorless Mana.
- Grand Architect / Pili-Pala - Infinite Blue Mana.
- Dark Ritual / Cabal Ritual + Isochron Scepter + Paradox Engine - Infinite Black Mana.
- Cloudstone Curio + Cloud of Faeries / Peregrine Drake / Palinchron / Great Whale + Land that taps for ~2 mana - Infinite Mana.
That's just a small list from the top of my head but there are plenty of infinite mana combos that synergizes with each other. Hope that helps!
5 days ago
In addition you can consider adding in the lines for Isochron Scepter / Dramatic Reversal since you are running quite a bit of rocks to go infinite mana, and then from there cast the spells on your target player.
Additional counterspell packages can include Delay , Swan Song , Counterspell , Arcane Denial , Remand , Snap , Mental Misstep . With the protection package as well I am a fan of Capsize for Sen Triplet decks as you will be able to play the lands you bounce back or even permanents that they resolve before your turn.
Some cheap spells that are considered highly are also Silence and Orim's Chant , Render Silent is also a great way to stall for more plays. Allowing you to essentailly time walk over them. If your looking for more protection spells, you can look into Imp's Mischief or Rebuff the Wicked for more protection.
Sen Triplets used to be one of my favorite decks to play hope this gives you some helpful ideas!
1 week ago
Here are a couple suggestions for cards:
Smothering Tithe is a fairly awesome new card, particularly in multiplayer games.
Ethersworn Canonist is a great little card that slows down your opponents while leaving your artifact-heavy deck relatively unscathed.
Fabricate is a great card in artifact decks, allowing you to find whatever you need (such as Ashnods alter for a relatively low cost. Cards like Demonic Tutor and Enlightened Tutor would also be strong picks.
Cyclonic Rift is one of the best Blue cards in the format, serving as early game removal and a late-game one-sided wrath.
Purphoros, God of the Forge could be decent given your thopter generation.
Sphinx's Revelation is a good card to put you ahead and capitalize on infinite mana.
Paradox Engine is a lovely card combined with Artifact ramp.
Isochron Scepter and Dramatic Reversal are another way to provide infinite mana alongside mana rocks. You can even Isochron Scepter a Counterspell or card draw (the later allowing you to draw your deck and generate significant mana if Paradox Engine is in play).
Hope some of this helps!
1 week ago
No trouble! Also, I forgot to mention Gilded Lotus . If you only take one of my suggestions, it would be the Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal plan. I noticed that you can loop Contagion Engine and Contagion Clasp with colorless mana rocks, but you'll need a blue rock to power Viral Drake . That would also allow you to run Capsize , as well. Good luck!
Dramatic Reversal occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
U/R (Izzet): 0.23%
G/U (Simic): 0.13%
U/B (Dimir): 0.15%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.1%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0.23%
BUG (Sultai): 0.14%