Creature — Human Cleric
As Sanctum Prelate enters the battlefield, choose a number.
Noncreature spells with converted mana cost equal to the chosen number can't be cast.
|Have (2)||sonnet666 , PostContact|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sanctum Prelate occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Sanctum Prelate Discussion
2 weeks ago
Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of Chalice of the Void for starters, but I think this design is acceptable and fair. I don't believe it brings much joy to the game though.
1 month ago
Not really into cEDH (other than by watching the Spike Feeders & Playing With Power MTG) so take my thoughts with a pinch of salt:
Sanctum Prelate another flexible stax piece
Reliquary Monk some more flexible ETB item removal (tbh not really a fan of those; seems like a kinda puny Winota reward)
I feel the Auratouched Conscription combo to be gimmicky, esp. since you won't benefit from annihilator until the next turn
1 month ago
I looked up a few utility creatures that you might want to consider.
- Collector Ouphe: Green is the one color without creature-boardwipes, but also the only color with land ramp. Every other color has to relies on artifacts (mostly) to have a form of acceleration. The Ouphe is always greeted with eye rolling and sighs as he usually slows down at least half the decks on the table. Many greenless decks are completely screwed and can't do anything but sit there and wait to draw another land.
- Kataki, War's Wage: Does basically the same, shuts down all mana rocks.
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben: Makes not only all boardwipes cost more, but also slows down all acceleration except for dorks (witch are all green). Not sure, if it conflicts with this deck's high number of own non-creature spells.
- Vryn Wingmare: If Thalia works really well, there is another.
- Sanctum Prelate: If you know your meta well, you might be able to turn off almost all boardwipes. The stats are quite bad tho.
- Leonin Arbiter: Definitely better in more competitive metas. Shuts down fetchlands (also your own!), ruins all fast combo decks and prevents tutoring for boardwipes.
- Aven Mindcensor: Same thing.
- Deathrite Shaman: I know this card used to be in the deck, but I think this is one of the best cards in commander, period. Depending on your meta (the amount of fetches), it always produces meta. You could also max out on your own fetches. But the most important thing is: Many decks straight up can't attempt to pull of their combo, against instant speed graveyard hate.
- Anafenza, the Foremost: I really think this card should be in the deck. Great stats, a nice attack trigger and a passive ability that cripples lots of decks just added on top (also prevents lots of combos).
- Selfless Spirit: Not a hatebear, but I don't know why this card is not in the deck.
- Dauntless Escort: Slightly worse.
4 months ago
Bastion Protector is an awesome addition. Sanctum Prelate is also definitely a must-have for a Haktos deck, as is Embercleave. You can customize the CMC with its special text, you'll just have to cast it before the Prelate. Also, Imperial Recruiter and Recruiter of the Guard can tutor for both Bastion Protector and Sanctum Prelate.
Blinding Flare is great for when your opponent has some lucky CMC creatures out to block Haktos.
4 months ago
0-3 na Versus dia 7/1/20:
0-1 Izzet Delver (0-2): Delver é um match difícil. Dessa vez fui com Shifting Ceratops no deck e mesmo parecendo melhor contra Delver, não adiantou. Tomei um pau de Dreadhorde Arcanist , que é mais forte do que eu imaginei: junto com um Raio ele dá 6 de dano pré-block, tira qualquer criatura do campo. É um match em que 10 criaturas do oponente são terríveis.
No segundo jogo desci um Temple Garden virado e tomei um Daze por causa disso. Mereci. Comprei 3 Chokes seguidos porque não embaralhei eles direito no deck.
0-2 Izzet Delver (1-2): Fui confiante para a segunda partida, porque achei que estava pronto para esse matchup. Primeiro jogo comprei todos os hates, ganhei sem problemas. No segundo jogo apanhei de um TNN antes de comprar um Council's Judgemente. Jogo 3 perdi para um Delver sem poder usar um Path que tinha na mão porque tinha Prelate para 1 no campo. Joguei um pouco melhor, mas perdi do mesmo jeito.
0-3 D&t (0-2): Primeira vez que joguei contra o Xu. Ele é melhor que eu com o deck, mas o match é favorável para mim, com cartas mais fortes para o late game. Na primeira partida larguei uma mão com 6 cartas boa, mas sem básicas, fiquei com medo de sair da partida logo. Minha mão com 5 tinha Stoneforge e dois equipamentos, mandei os artefatos para o fundo e achei que tinha chance contra ele, com 4 cartas na mão. Ele equipou a Thalia com Jitte mais rápido que eu e o jogo saiu de mão rapidinho.
Jogo dois chegamos a uma situação de empate, eu com um KotR na mesa, e ele com um Revoker travando meu cavaleiro. Ele conseguiu melhores cartas com Recruiter e Flickerwhisp, eu só comprei terrenos, fim de jogo.
Conversei com o Heitor depois do jogo e disse que tem usado dois Sanctum Prelate , e parece uma boa contra decks azuis, no geral. Vi a lista dele e percebi que ele joga sem Ramunap Excavator e sem Tireless Tracker , que são cartas que não tem aparecido mesmo nas listas. Com tantas básicas, Ramunap parece ruim, e Tracker é ok. As duas cartas geram valor com o tempo, mas não são tão efetivas como um hatebear. Vou tirar Ramunap, Tracker talvez.
Ceratops pareceu bom, vou continuar com ele, e a Thalia, Heretic Cathar não pareceu muita coisa, mas vou testar mais um pouco.
4 months ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi hello! Thanks for the upvotes!
He's an interesting design, and a tricky commander to work with. I haven't decided if I'll build him, but I assume I'll cave in eventually :P
How would I build him? First off, no equipment or auras. Not worth the risk. Plus:
702.16d "A permanent with protection can’t be equipped by Equipment that have the stated quality or fortified by Fortifications that have the stated quality. Such Equipment or Fortifications become unattached from that permanent as a state-based action, but remain on the battlefield. "
I'm pretty sure this means anything that's the wrong CMC would just fall off.
If I were to build him, I'd have two key things: haste enablers like Fervor and Crashing Drawbridge , and anthems like Crusade , Glory of Warfare , and Always Watching . Bloodsworn Steward does both. That gets him on the 3-turn clock on turn 4ish.
Next, I'd have ways to shore up his weaknesses. Bastion Protector , Chalice of the Void , and Sanctum Prelate . Then other indestructible effects to protect against board wipes. Boros Charm and Unbreakable Formation .
If you have a bunch of slots to fill after that, I'd suggest going wide because of the anthems and Boros Charms. Concerted Effort might be fun.
I'd also be careful with the RRWW mana cost. Keep the utility lands to a minimum. No colorless mana rocks, I might even not do sol ring, but it wouldn't be a bad choice.
That's what I would, and might, do. I'd love to see your list.
5 months ago
Hey peeps, I have some new wants from recent sets for some leegacy decks. Looking for:
Brazen Borrower (showcase)
Questing Beast (low priority)
Narset, Parter of Veils (Japanese anime version)
Also, some older stuff:
mother of runes (original only)
Here’s my binder for looks, it’s about 95% up to date. Thanks for looking and hit me up with any questions or offers!