|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Azorius Chancery enters the battlefield tapped.
When Azorius Chancery enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||ZombieFood , xXThormentXx , Friedrice24 , Grantley91 , angesoir , ibraJG84 , Xikitten123 , bakunet , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , killstars , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Reliva , MoJoMiXuP , MattN7498|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , Jose_Arrogantio|
Azorius Chancery Discussion
on Oloro Stuff
4 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
1 week ago
Archaeomancer doesnt have enough targets to be worthwhile, which makes Eerie Interlude and Ghostly Flicker seem less viable as they only get one use. Reveillark also has too few targets. master of waves loses his creatures every time he bounces unless there is a pump spell in play like Angel of Invention or Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite. cut Magus of the Moat, yur flyers aren't enough to win the game. i cut Peregrine Drake for Cloud of Faeries in my deck, i found it did a lot more for me to drop it earlier on, especially with Azorius Chancery, Temple of the False God and Coral Atoll. Darksteel Mutation is worse than Journey to Nowhere or Oblivion Ring as they can really lock out opponents' commanders by getting repeatedly bounced. not a lot of colourless sources for Eldrazi Displacer - cut it or add mana rocks. I would add about 4 lands (40 lands minus one per 2 mana rocks 2 mana or less is a good general rule).
Other than that, there are a lot of high-costed cards - I would have a lower curve, with game-winners at the top.
Lastly, figure out what your win condition is. Your deck should go all in on that. My guess is you want to produce a bunch of tokens and have them beat face. If you can pump them, that would help a lot. I would get a tutor for Cathars' Crusade (something like Idyllic Tutor or Long-Term Plans) and if I had one card to suggest it would be Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite.
Hope this helps!
2 weeks ago
Exchange New Benalia for Temple of Enlightenment - I think it's strictly better. Also, avoid bouncelands (like Azorius Chancery). They are really bad, unless you have a plan for them, and that plan includes Amulet of Vigor. Just try and see what happens to your mana, if you play it turn 2, and it is then destroyed.
Jace, the Mind Sculptor is a great card. It is actually so great, that it is banned in modern. For some reason, this doesn't show up as a "deck illegal" notice here, but... sry mate, it's banned.
In my opinion you have too high costed cards compared to lands. Sure, Everflowing Chalice helps, but with just 20 lands, and many of those entering the battlefield tapped, it'll take forever until you can do anything, and you don't really have the control pieces to keep going for that long. You could send cards like Meddling Mage and Witchbane Orb of to the sidboard, since playing the mage without knowing what to target isn't particularly good, and the orb is useful only in some matches.
Not a fan of Mistmeadow Witch. If you hold back mana to protectively blink a creature of yours, those 4 mana are locked up not unlike what happens to control decks that play overpriced counterspells. Have you considered playing Restoration Angel instead? It also works as a beater and a fairly decent blocker...
3 weeks ago
I think that you definitely need some more creatures/artifacts to balance out the bounce. Because you're playing with Brago, there's not a big need to play with a bunch of creatures that bounce. Usually, in my Brago deck, I'll just run Eldrazi Displacer, but beyond that, the main reason Brago's in the deck is for his ability. That being said, I'd like to suggest the following cards:
Peregrine Drake is broken with any bounce ability.
If you want any other suggestions, lemme know. These are just a few.
3 weeks ago
If you want, I can trim your deck for free. You'll be the talk of the town with your shiny foiled cards!
Moving on to deck advice, to start, what are you trying to do with your deck? It seems to be a bit all over the place. You have domination spells, cards that add counters, and cards that tap down your opponents. I can try to provide more useful advice once I know what your goal is.
If you are going to increase your budget, the best thing you can do is fix your mana base. Lands that entered tapped, particularly the bounce lands like Azorius Chancery, are slow and inefficient. Check lands, like Hinterland Harbor are a strong budget choice--you are running a decent number of basics, so they will usually enter untapped. The Odyssey filter lands, such as Skycloud Expanse are also passable, and tend to be relatively inexpensive. I am also a big fan of of the rainbow lands. City of Brass, Exotic Orchard, Mana Confluence, Meteor Crater, and Reflecting Pool are all very useful.
4 weeks ago
Not sure if you want the bigger body, but Lone Missionary does the same thing as Inspiring Cleric but for one less mana. It might be nice to have a better curve as to Lone Missionary, Vampire Nighthawk then to Herald of War.
Also, lands like Orzhov Basilica and Azorius Chancery are terrible lands in modern (with the exception of one deck that utilizes their bounce effect). If you're looking for other budget options (because this deck looks budgeted) you could look into Forsaken Sanctuary, Isolated Chapel, Choked Estuary, Drowned Catacomb, and Sunken Hollow. With all of the angels you play, you could also look into Seraph Sanctuary.
1 month ago
Might want to try out Blood Sun in the deck. Gets rid of the draw back on lands like Azorius Chancery, they just enter and tap for X/Y colors. Gives your deck a nice edge against decks that are running fetchlands also and any Ghost Quarter type lands.
1 month ago
I really should, I have been on and off of getting a Stoneforge Mystic almost a year. Soon I will get one, soon.
As for Fireshrieker I fully agree, I haven't seen the card before that is why it isn't in the deck. As for Azorius Chancery, I will probably replace it with a cheap dual land till I can get a Flooded Strand or another quality land.
My LGS sells one and recently started a points system, so I will pick up a mystic ASAP.