|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth (DDI)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Azorius Chancery enters the battlefield tapped.
When Azorius Chancery enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
|Have (3)||, GeminiSpartanX , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (5)||Quija , Txport , metalriders , rotusq , greywanderer13|
Azorius Chancery Discussion
1 month ago
Hey, man! I looked into your deck and I would probably go with a decklist that is a little more consistent. My primary deck is Azorius artifact-control, so this is up my alley.
Essentially, it looks like you are trying to hit infinite mana ASAP. I bumped up your Isochron Scepter 's to max, and dropped all your Sol Ring s in favor of Basalt Monolith s. While at face value the monoliths look lesser, they go infinite on their own with Isochron and Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth are a complicated, but instant two-card-combo.
Azorius is awesome at control, but can run a little slow compared to some other color combos. A little stax/pillow fort components like Propaganda and Ghostly Prison should keep people from swinging at you as often and you have mana for days.
I trimmed down your creature base so that you had a higher probability of going infinite and added two Palladium Myr s to help that process along. Render Silent and Supreme Verdict can save you from other control decks, and you shouldn't have consistency issues at all, so I pulled a few copies of Tinker .
Your win cons are Infinite Mana + Sands of Delirium , swinging with a Metalwork Colossus , or just hitting that 0 button on Tezzeret, Cruel Machinist and swinging for lethal. I know you are put against mill semi-frequently, so I tossed in a Leyline of Sanctity (which is being re-printed in M20!) and I pumped up your land-base to just below the standard for a 60 card deck (24 lands).
I did not go through and hyperlink everything, just new cards I have added.
- 4x Isochron Scepter
- 1x Prototype Portal
- 1x Rings of Brighthearth
- 4x Sands of Delirium
- 1x Sensei's Divining Top
- 4x Basalt Monolith
- 2x Azorius Signet
- 1x Mystic Speculation
- 1x Tinker
- 1x Supreme Verdict
- 1x Academy Ruins
- 7x Ancient Den
- 1x Inventors' Fair
- 8x Seat of the Synod
- 1x Tolarian Academy
- 1x Temple of Enlightenment
- 1x Azorius Chancery
- 1x Reliquary Tower
- 1x Buried Ruin
- 1x Maze of Ith
- 2x Metalwork Colossus
- 1x Urza, Lord High Artificer
- 2x Palladium Myr
1 month ago
One last quick question for you: what do you think of bounce lands (i.e. Azorius Chancery )? I like the fact that they act as land-based ramp, but maybe 3 are too many given how slow they are.
Thanks in advance!
1 month ago
You may play around Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis 's ability. Tatyova, Benthic Druid will give you extra card draw whenever you get a land on the field. Reliquary Tower is cheap now, and works wonders. You surely will have 5 lands on turn 4, so Temple of the False God is really good.
You should also consider Azorius Chancery , Boros Garrison , Gruul Turf , Selesnya Sanctuary , Simic Growth Chamber , Izzet Boilerworks . You play your untapped land for the turn normally, then play one of those with K&T's ability. You get ahead of mana since these lands tap for 2 mana.
I suggest removing Azorius Guildgate , Blossoming Sands , Boros Guildgate , Gruul Guildgate , Izzet Guildgate , Simic Guildgate , Tranquil Cove , Vivid Grove , Haunted Fengraf and Unstable Frontier for the lands above.
Do you want to see chaos happen? Hive Mind , Knowledge Pool , Thousand-Year Storm , Eye of the Storm , Shared Fate , Gate to the AEther , Possibility Storm , Ruhan of the Fomori , Perplexing Chimera , Dictate of the Twin Gods , Furnace of Rath , Gratuitous Violence , Mind's Dilation , Sunbird's Invocation .
Do you want to give more resources to them? Eladamri's Vineyard , Dictate of Karametra , Zhur-Taa Ancient , Heartbeat of Spring , Heartwood Storyteller , Intellectual Offering , Keeper of Progenitus , Well of Ideas , Rites of Flourishing , Ghirapur Orrery . Zendikar Resurgent and Mirari's Wake .
1 month ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
2 months ago
2 months ago
Alright, so- here's some tips for building now that you have a fitting commander. Definitely focus on repeatable life-gain more than sorceries or instants. Riot Control though is an good card against aggressive, creature-based decks going for the kill.
Blue/White lifegain is a little harder to build, as Blue rarely has life-based synergy. But its doable, especially due to white. The Soul Sisters ( Soul Warden , Soul's Attendant , and Suture Priest gain you life as you get more creatures. This synergies well with any tokens you make.
Dual lands are great for getting the right colors out. You don't necessarily need the expensive ones to build a fun deck. Meandering River , Azorius Chancery , Tranquil Cove , Irrigated Farmland , Boreal Shelf , and Coastal Tower are all cheap dual lands. Cheap means entering tapped though, just to warn you. But it can be better than basic lands at times due to either color of mana as needed. And oh, speaking of mana- Azorius Signet , Azorius Locket , Azorius Keyrune , and Azorius Cluestone are great artifacts for ramping up to bigger spells. White and Blue lack a lot of ramp, so its something to think about.
2 months ago
Hey hkhssweiss! Sorry I've been taking so long to reply, I had some tests I had to study for. Anyway, I edited my deck again and here are the cards I took out:
- Platinum Angel
- Darksteel Forge
- Norn's Annex
- Venser's Journal
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Isolated Chapel
- Forbidden Orchard
- Evolving Wilds
- Dimir Aqueduct
- Azorius Chancery
Cards I put in:
- Expedition Map
- Voltaic Key
- Whispersilk Cloak (To combo with Blightsteel Colossus for a guaranteed hit to someone.)
- Mana Confluence
- Reflecting Pool
- City of Brass
- Hallowed Fountain
- Godless Shrine
- Watery Grave
Hopefully that's good, I'm not exactly sure. I think the mana base is pretty much finished, but I could add in a Rogue's Passage to let my Blightsteel Colossus through, as that is one of the only two win conditions in the deck besides taking their stuff. Is the deck finished, or would it be good to add in things like Mystical Tutor , Cryptic Command , Authority of the Consuls , or Copy Enchantment ?
3 months ago
I LOVE THE DECK. I'm actually trying to make a Persistent Petitioners Reanimator deck right now, but I wasn't able to figure out what to target with reanimation spells. You figured it out though.
1) Take out Thrumming Stone , yes the card can do broken things, but I don't know how beneficial it will actually be in this deck. Also the decks that it is used in are very straight forward ones with no set up ( Relentless Rats and Rat Colony ), not things that need set up ( Shadowborn Apostle ).
2) Take out Avacyn, Angel of Hope , yes she is a great card, but when she's the only big body in a deck the body itself won't do much the same way mill doesn't do much to a group of 3 opponents. Also what in this deck would your opponents want to blow up on your battlefield? In the end she is just a defensive card in this deck that will take way too much set up to benefit from.
4) The mana base, before I get into my suggestions on the mana base I will just say any base can benefit from a ton of fetchlands and other things like that and I'm not gonna sit here and just tell you to add in every fetchland in your colors. Now to my suggestions, cut all taplands they hurt a deck much more than you may think.
Cuts in the Land Base:
J) As far as I can tell you don't seem like you'll be going to combat much and if you're not then Glacial Chasm would be great.
BTW, when I finish designing my deck list I'll let you know what it is in the comments here so you can take a look at if you want.
Azorius Chancery occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
WU (Azorius): 2.74%
WUB (Esper): 0.77%
GWU (Bant): 1.41%