|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for any three cards and reveal them. Target opponent chooses one. Put that card into your hand and the rest into your graveyard. Then shuffle your library.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Hey Zarrox. Muldrotha is an amazing commander and there are so many directions you can take with her. You can have recurring value over and over again, you can go for a lands matter build, or a reanimator deck. But you want to focus on one. I notice you have cards like Ramunap Excavator and The Gitrog Monster . These cards should be in a deck that is a lands matter build and that doesn't really seem like your deck. Muldrotha isn't really the best lands matter commander but you can still go that route and the deck will be decent. I would say recurring value over and over with her is the best option.
I think Ravenous Chupacabra is pretty underwhelming. There are much better 4 drops you want to Birthing Pod into like Meren of Clan Nel Toth . I playtested with Doom Whisperer and I found it pretty awful. Paying 2 life to put 2 cards into your graveyard is not very good and the effect is very redundant. One more thing about Muldrotha is you want to reduce the number of instants/sorceries as much as possible. Because you can play your permanents from your graveyard, you want permanents that affect the board, not spells. I know it is tempting to play countermagic because you are in blue but Muldrotha isn't really the commander for that. There will always be an annoying blue commander at the table and spells will just sit in your graveyard. The only sorceries/ instants I recommend are Intuition , Cyclonic Rift , and Demonic Tutor usually to go find Birthing Pod .
I know you want budget cards but you should consider a proxy Lion's Eye Diamond because that card is busted in this deck. You can get 3 mana to cast Muldrotha then play it again from your graveyard to cast something else. Also, there is an infinite combo with Animate Dead , Lion's Eye Diamond , and Phantasmal Image to put all your permanents from your graveyard onto the battlefield. So those 3 cards are great to Intuition for.
Anyway, hope this helped, I can share my list with you if you want but I think you are off to a good start! +1 From me
3 weeks ago
You have countermagic in form of Siren Stormtamer and Glen Elendra Archmage to counter nasty stuff. Boardwipes are often in your favor because you can recover much faster than your opponents. For tutors you have stuff like Sidisi, Undead Vizier that can sacrifice itself and tutor every round, every card you want. And Intuition to tutor 3 cards. Demonic tutor is the best tutor ever printed, but testings has shown it doesn’t work that well in this deck. Any permanent based tutor works much better. Test it by yourself and I bet you will come to the same conclusion. Non-permanents are often dead cards in your graveyard.
1 month ago
Fabricate and or Transmute Artifact to find your Scroll Rack . And Spellseeker to tutor for things, even if you can't get an extra turn spell. Finally, might want to consider Academy Ruins and/or Buried Ruin to ensure you have access to Scroll Rack (and it combos with Intuition ).
Looks like it should run kinda like CVT.
1 month ago
What are you planning to Intuition for here? Three identical extra turn spells, or some more specific package?
1 month ago
1 month ago
King_C_Waffa Thank you for your input! You're correct in assuming I'm pretty new to cEDH, although I have probably 7 other decks IRL that already have all snow lands and Extraplanar Lens . I don't feel it's necessary for this deck though. I don't play EDH competitively very often because in my area all the cEDH players are insufferable assholes, plus I tend to play more for fun usually. However, I just had to take a stab at this deck. So let's get down to the suggestions:
- Intuition is great. I knew it felt like I was missing some powerful tutor. It is definitely being added.
- Paradigm Shift seemed decent, which was why it was in the maybeboard, but I've had a day to think about it and I agree it should be in here.
- I'm not sure I need Windfall . I did consider it, but I think most of the time Tolarian Winds is going to be better since the odds are that I won't draw it until I'm comboing off anyway.
- I have multiple back up win conditions in the deck already, and although I was being cute with the Charbelcher combo with Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter I'll probably swap that over to an Aetherflux Reservoir . Paradox Engine might find its way in
- Panharmonicon is in because I have a strong feeling I'll need to rebuild many times, and this helps me do so. But you know what? Let's go more defensive. This is going to be a Defense Grid .
- Mox Amber is terrible in commander, usually. I play it none of my other decks. I think it's perfectly fine in this deck since I'm only trying to get to 6 mana and Fblthp should be in play most of the time.
- Daze is probably fine to cut, I agree.
- I also do not know what the point of Paradoxical Outcome was. When I built this list at work, I first settled on a number of lands to run and then all I did was add cards until I had exactly 100, and the maybeboard cards on here were all cards I thought of afterward. Up until now, I haven't touched the list since I made it. I think I had some dumb idea with it originally but never followed up with whatever it was, so yeah it needs to change.
So all in all, I think the current changes are as follows:
1 month ago
My initial thoughts after seeing this list is that there have to be better cards for this deck than those in the vein of Lost in a Labyrinth or Shadowfeed that do very little outside of your combo turn. I'm pretty sure that Bolas's Citadel allows you to cast spells that don't have a mana cost without needing to jump through suspend hoops, which I think makes both Ancestral Vision and Lotus Bloom attractive during both your combo turns and your setup turns.
I'd also strongly consider finding space for Yawgmoth's Will , Intuition , Impulse , Plunge into Darkness , Tainted Pact (this would require a different land setup), Mishra's Workshop , Lake of the Dead and Demonic Consultation .
Intuition occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%