|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for any three cards and reveal them. Target opponent chooses one. Put that card into your hand and the rest into your graveyard. Then shuffle your library.
6 days ago
hkhssweiss Thanks for your compliments and inputs. Am glad you like the deck. It is a rather complex deck to pilot and even as the creator of the deck, I find the the myriad of decisions to make and the endless combinations of mana to float, mind boggling.
I'm currently running 15 Tutor spells and Conflux , at , may be a bit too clunky to use.
This deck is build to function without Ramos in play. In fact, majority of the games I won with this deck, didn't see Ramos hit the battlefield even once! My personal take is that Conflux would be more suitable in a deck that focuses on putting +1/+1 counters on Ramos en-route to victory and isn't running as many tutors as I do.
The hidden MVP in this deck, is actually Intuition . Being an instant, I can cast it at the end of opponent's turn, the turn before I plan to combo off. I often tutor for the following cards, which regardless of what card the opponent chose to give me, will usually result in the same outcome:
Any of the Wincon cards if I'm searching for the finisher.
Let me know what you think and keep the suggestions flowing pal! Cheers.
3 weeks ago
Both cards have special functions for this deck
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept : There are some very useful artifacts in this deck, it's another way to get them back from the graveyard. The 2/2 body with deathtouch can force an opponent not to attack (you).
- Death Wish : In my playgroup we play with a wishboard. That means, that you have up to 15 cards in exile (like the sideboard). In the current commander rules no wishboard allowed, but as always this is something you have to clear this specific rule with your friedns and opponents before the game. You may change this card with any other of the listed Maybeboard or any other card.
I see that this deck is in a budget view really expensive and I unterstand to switch some cards due budget reasons. To your specific question I recommend the following:
- Intuition This card is hard to replace by a cheaper card, but you may put in some drawing cards like Frantic Search or Fact or Fiction
- Mission Briefing : If you need a recursion you may play Flood of Recollection or Archaeomancer .
- Price of Fame : I like Ashes to Ashes , but any other destroy effect does the same as Price of Fame . I've this card in the deck because it can easy destroy any commander creature and has the "Surveil"-ability.
- Sinister Sabotage : Okay, put in any other counter spell like Forbid
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor : Easy to replace, because this planeswalker card isn't very important. If you really want to play a planeswalker Jace Beleren is a playable option.
- Death Wish : My flexible card, you may switch this one for a card that helps you against specific strategies. For example if many of your opponents play green think of Perish . Or if Token-strategies are common, than AEther Snap is fantastic. Take a look on my listed Maybeboard, I'm sure you may find a reasonable card
- Academy Ruins : You may put a basic land instead of this card, also consider Strip Mine or Cephalid Coliseum
1 month ago
Lily of the veil is a great card, but in commander it doesn’t do much. This toolbox type of play is exactly what my Muldrotha does. Controlling the board and hands of my opponents, using my well filled graveyard as a 2nd Hand with like 30-50 cards to chose from. This way you can answer everything.
If you want to spend some money, Lion's Eye Diamond really pushes the deck to the next level. I play 2 tutors just for this card. That’s how good it is here. Also Intuition is Great. This card enables combos on its own if you want to, or gives you 3 tools from your library. Take some time reading my deck description and you will see why I love some cards so much here :-)
1 month ago
1 month ago
Are you not playing Scapeshift because you don't like 1-card combos? If you've got the money, you could probably do with Intuition since it's basically a Realms Uncharted you can grab Life From the Loam with.
1 month ago
Try pairing card selection with your mill to get more value out of those spots. Fact or Fiction , Search for Azcanta Flip, Sphinx of Uthuun , Patient Rebuilding , Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, Forbidden Alchemy , Extract from Darkness , Taigam, Sidisi's Hand , Tunnel Vision , and Intuition , can help with that.
Intuition occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%