Each player draws three cards, then discards three cards at random.
|Want (2)||Cactusman , JazzCrimes|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Burning Inquiry occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Burning Inquiry Discussion
1 day ago
Looks good so far. You might like these: Merfolk Looter, Thought Courier, Glint-Horn Buccaneer, Frantic Search, Burning Inquiry, Brainstorm, Desperate Ravings, Spark Double, King of the Pride, Shared Animosity, Kindred Discovery, Mercurial Chemister, Archivist, Jeskai Ascendancy, Silver Myr, Iron Myr
3 days ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.
5 days ago
1 week ago
Looks good so far. You might like these: Bag of Holding, Glint-Horn Buccaneer, Well of Lost Dreams, Drogskol Reaver, Curiosity, Tandem Lookout, Ophidian Eye, Sigil of Sleep, Cauldron of Souls, Teferi's Ageless Insight, Knollspine Dragon, Jace's Archivist, Magus of the Bazaar, Burning Inquiry, Merfolk Looter, Thought Courier
1 week ago
This is something I've wanted to build for a long time, so seeing it makes me happy. I can see a turn 3 win. It doesn't look reliable though for a couple of reasons. 1. Only footsteps to reanimate and 2. no way of getting hulk into your hand to discard. In a nutshell you're playing reanimator, so getting hulk into the yard/play needs to be a big part of the plan. If you want to focus on getting him to the graveyard more then, then you'll probably want more looting type effects. Consider these: Insolent Neonate, Goblin Lore, Thrill of Possibility, Burning Inquiry.
If you can work a few more discard outlets into the deck, then you probably need another reanimate spell or two to get hulk into play more often. You don't get the best option in Goryo's Vengeance because hulk isn't legendary so maybe Zombify?
Another option you could try to solve both problems at once would be to cheat it into play from your hand. Through the Breach doesn't seem to be very popular at the moment and might be able to steal a few wins here and there.
A third option you could consider to solve the finding hulk problem and getting it into play is Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast. With a disciple or viscera seer in play your pretty much guaranteed to hit hulk on the -2 ability. Even the + ability is relevant given your high creature count.
The only other things I feel like you should consider for the deck is more interaction and cutting out lands that come in tapped. Modern is a very fast format and letting your opponents do whatever they want could be very dangerous. The simple suggestion is Lightning Bolt and either more shocklands/basics. The basics would work with your blood moons in the side.
But these are my thoughts and hope they help. Good luck in hulking out.
3 weeks ago
This deck isn't actually my idea. The point (at least, of my deck) is to cast a bunch of really aggressive card draw/cycling to get a Conscription in the yard (fairly easy given Goblin Lore, Burning Inquiry, and Cathartic Reunion all draw 3+ cards and the cycling on Street Wraith is practically free). After that you cast a Hollow One for probably free and a Storm Herald for 3 (this is not a great cost, I may add some Simian Spirit Guides to make it a little easier), bringing the Conscription back into play attached to the Hollow One or even Flameblade Adept if it's gotten big enough. Because of this it isn't actually that difficult to get an ideal hand; the only things necessary are a card draw piece and some type of way to hold off your opponent like a Bolt.
I might add some discard pieces and go into black a little, just because cards like Thoughtseize are so powerful, but I want to keep the deck budget and a big part of that is keeping the land base mono color.
3 weeks ago
I know this is an old ass deck but I had a couple cards in mind to probably run in this deck.
Lurrus of the Dream-Den could be a great way to bring back discard spells that could take advantage of your graveyard, get back important enchantments, or just have a bunch of discard triggers with Burning Inquiry or maybe Vicious Rumors
1 month ago
Here's my take on what to cut:
Elvish Aberration: 6 mana is a lot just to ramp. Cycling is nice, but doesn't directly Ramp.
Ghitu Chronicler: Again, expensive. There are much better things to do with our 6-mana
Krosan Tusker: Same as before. Expensive for what it is, doesn't directly ramp.
Magus of the Candelabra: Unless we can double mana somehow, doesn't actually ramp.
Nessian Demolok: Can be useful, but I've found tribute usually gets paid with these cards since creatures are pretty easy to deal with.
Oblivion Sower: Fun card, but just doesn't fit the deck
Treasonous Ogre: Just seems really slow to me
Valley Rannet: Same reasons as the tusker
Void Attendant: Again, just doesn't fit with the deck
Vessel of Volatility: Slow, and I honestly prefer my ramp to be repeatable
Land. I usually stick to around 36, I'd go down to there and test to see if it works out all right (Maybe 1 or 2 more since you seem to have a good amount of lands that can be sacrificed).
The Chain Veil: Not exactly useful here. You have some Planeswalkers, but not enough to really make it worth it.
Blood Feud: Too expensive for what it does. Green has a lot cheaper options
Processor Assault: Good value for your mana, but how often does exile come up in your games?
Volcanic Vision: Has potential, but I'm not really seeing a whole lot of spells that make it great.
Yawning Fissure: Doesn't fit strategy of the deck
Fiery Fall: Expensive.
These are just my thoughts, hope it helped!
(Also, Pyromancer's Goggles seems good here.)