|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each enchantment you control and has first strike.
Ethereal Armor Discussion
3 days ago
3 days ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.
5 days ago
1 week ago
There are a few budget options like which play to this strategy- cheap enchantments which draw a card and a bunch of enchantment matters stuff to throw at their face. The cards that make it tick are Ethereal Armor and All That Glitters . Creatures like Champion of the Flame , Favored Hoplite & Lagonna-Band Trailblazer help.
Cartouche of Solidarity offers protection against 'sacrifice a creature' effects. Gleam of Authority can work alongside counters from heroic, but likes a higher creature count than ideal. If you insist on playing reckoner, Saving Grace exists. Hammerhands/ Cartouche of Zeal has eight functional copies if you often face single blockers, but Gryff's Boon offers flying and recursion. Consuming Fervor has a great rate for a pump spell.
Have fun and happy brewing!
2 weeks ago
Parce que c'est plus facile l'écrire ici:
Je couperais de ta liste présente Gold Myr , Silver Myr , Palladium Myr , All That Glitters et Ethereal Armor . Je sais que tu voulais garder un peu de voltron, mais je ne pense pas que ça serait une si bonne idée finalement vu la direction que tu prends pour le deck d'abuser les tokens.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Demarge I agree with the addition of Ethereal Armor , Conclave Tribunal , and Hyena Umbra and you made a good point about Overrule needing to be gone but personally I dislike soft counters (I must have been on some form of crack when i added Overrule) so I did make the change and added Absorb in place of it. Also I feel as if Bruna, Light of Alabaster even for a 6 drop still has a place because it can make use of any auras that get sent to hell by exile. Most of what you recommended has been implemented into the deck but the color blue adds so much to the deck that it wouldn't feel as good if it was cut. Also i made it only run basic lands not only for the pricing but to avoid anything entering tapped. Thanks for the help and feedback I truly appreciate it.
1 month ago
Yeah thanks for reaching out. You're talking about upgrading the brawl deck into a commander one, right? I would definitely go back and look at what Theros did with enchantments. Get a few blue/white/black enchantment creatures for bodies on the field. They also gave us an enchantment for each thing that we normally did with sorceries/instants. Check out Zur the Enchanter decks (and get yourself Zur for your deck too). Ethereal Armor is a must, plus removal like Oblivion Ring , Prison Realm , Detention Sphere , and Conclave Tribunal (there are many options). For card draw, Curiosity , Curious Obsession , and Ior Ruin Expedition if you're on a budget. The Fonts from Theros are also useful here; Font of Fortunes , Font of Return , and some of the Seal enchantments: Seal of Cleansing , Seal of Doom , Seal of Removal . You should rarely need to put an instant or sorcery in your deck since you can get all kinds of synergy with enchantments and the enchantments basically do the same thing. Blightcaster helps turn all of those enchantments also into removal spells. And look forward to all of the enchantment creatures that will be added in the next set, Theros Beyond Death!
Ethereal Armor occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%