|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each enchantment you control and has first strike.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||ibraJG84 , ironax , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Supremespeed , the.beanpole , corys , TThors , MoJoMiXuP , nakni , MagnaAura , Azdranax , Mogar , plof , TehDelta , cryptoplasm|
|Want (2)||gamerhat , snackeater|
Ethereal Armor Discussion
5 days ago
You can use Bonds of Faith instead of pacifism You can go x4 Favored Hoplite, same as Hero of Iroas You can also consider a bunch of instant to protect your creatures or draw some cards as it synergises also with "Heroic" if it targets your creatures, I personally suggest Defiant Strike and Emerge Unscathed. For the enchantements, you can go x4 Ethereal Armor aswell, maybe a bunch of Gryff's Boon and I greatly recommend (even if it's a little bit more expensive) Hyena Umbra
1 week ago
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is also very strong in any two-or-less-color permanents deck, can help you ramp enough to close out games faster.
1 week ago
From your description in the EDH forum thread it sounds like your group isn't playing enough mass disruption to break up board states. Your commander is indestructible, less than a fifth of your deck is creatures and only half of them really matter beyond ETBs, you're set up to play wrath heavy. Wrath of God, Austere Command, Winds of Rath, Day of Judgment, and Rout are crazy efficient in multiplayer. In you have enough answers to spot-exile/disenchant problem targets that you don't need to crack yourself with more broad/powerful wipes like Hour of Devastation or Hallowed Burial.
I know wraths are scary when you're coming from another format, but this is multiplayer against decks built to go long and you control when/if you play them. Quarantine Field would cost to hit a single target for each of 3 players, Wrath hits every single one of their creatures for half that and gets around shroud/hexproof.
Beyond that, here's some suggestions for threats and cuts. There's a lot so I'll hold back on justifying them unless asked.
- Summer Bloom < Explore - A card like this needs to replace itself with a draw. Chance of Summer Bloom being a dead/inefficient draw at any given point in the game is too high
- Zendikar Resurgent < Mirari's Wake - You don't have many cast triggers for creatures, tokens will benefit from the buff
- Awakening < Brave the Sands / Radiant Destiny / Sight of the Scalelords - Better that your creatures just have vigilance than giving everyone on the table a free Seedborn Muse
- Oath of the Ancient Wood < Ancestral Mask / Ethereal Armor
- Restock < Greenwarden of Murasa / Eternal Witness / Praetor's Counsel
- Rampant Growth < Kodama's Reach / Cultivate / Nature's Lore / Three Visits - The first two are coveted for giving you two cards for one, if you wanna stay with the lower CMC the latter two can hit Savannah, Canopy Vista, or Temple Garden if you ever pick one up
- Nyx-Fleece Ram
- Helix Pinnacle - Cute, but a complete dead draw in terms of impact on board state, and impotent in a vacuum. You can win for less than = 101, and yes that includes an optimal situation with mana doubles and effects like Awakening
- Kismet / Blind Obedience - You've said they're filler, which they pretty much are if you aren't building around them
- Words of Wilding / Words of Worship - You're way too concerned about decking out. If the cards you're drawing are less helpful than a 2/2 or 5 life you need to cut those cards
That's a lot of words, I hope you find some of them helpful!
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
Have you considered adding Sram, Senior Edificer? He can get you some great additional card-draw. Another idea would be to add Herald of the Pantheon; this allows you to cast aura's cheaper and gets you a little life-gain too. As for aura's, Ethereal Armor seems a logical include to make Uril much stronger very cheaply. Last but not least, Chandra's Ignition can be a very powerful wipe and player-killer in this deck.
Have fun building and playing this!
3 weeks ago
Vow of Duty and Vow of Malice are next to useless on Karona. Yes, they prevent her from attacking you, but vigilence and intimidate provide little added utility. I would consider instead adding some more efficient tutors and Armadillo Cloak (since, unlike lifelink, the cloak allows you to be the recipient of health).
Otherwise, you have a very, very high curve, and little in the way of win conditions. I think you should cut a large number of your larger, more flashy cards, and focus on the early game. I also think you are a bit too kind to your opponents, and grant too many boons (many of which seem to benefit them as much, if not more, than yourself). Unlike wizzard90, I do believe in the power of a good prison deck; but I do agree with the statement that they are not infallible.
Here are some suggestions:
Copy Enchantment provides wonderful flexibility.
Darksteel Mutation, Imprisoned in the Moon, and Song of the Dryads are excellent removal spells, as they can permanently cripple an enemy commander (they do not result in a zone change, so your enemy cannot bounce their commander to the command zone).
Ethereal Armor is incredibly strong in an enchantment-based deck.
Sylvan Library is a fantastic card.
Defense of the Heart is great, particularly as you have several high-mana targets.
If you are curious, here is my take on an enchantress Karona deck: Pinball Wizard - Karona, False God EDH. Unlike your Group Hug plan, I use her as a Voltron commander, but you still might find some enchantment-based cards that tickle your fancy.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
first of all I like your idea to play enchantment creatures! This really ties together your commander with your overall deck strategy.
Enlightened Tutor should be worth its price in this deck.
A cool lategame card could be Overwhelming Splendor.
Ethereal Armor to add a little voltron element.
That's all for now. Have fun!