Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put it into its owner's hand instead of into that player's graveyard.
Draw a card.
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
|Want (5)||Dobby3 , TowelBoyy , LordSpanky , MisterFamous , Miehen|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska (DDM)||Uncommon|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Remand occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.46%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
4 days ago
A creature spell on the stack isn’t in play and therefore isn’t a legal target for equip abilities. A creature must resolve and be in play in order to be equipped or enchanted with an aura.
1 week ago
Chang-Oz Thanks for the feedback. Remand is more of a Tempo Spell. It doesn't work very well when you have not many Threats but i will playtest it and report back. Link your decklist if you want to compare and contrast! :)
2 weeks ago
Love it! Love you! love everything 'bout this! I have only 2 things to add: First I don't think the mana base can support field of ruin and 2nd Remand is the best modern legal counter, probably should have a number somewhere among the mix. BTW I also have a grixis control list posted, we can compare and contrast ^^ I did somehow miss Urborg in mine for example, adding it now ;D
3 weeks ago
I love the choices you made so I don't really have much to add. FoF definitely deserves a spot, it's the best mirror breaker. Outside of that Remand is infinitely superior to mana leak, I would make that change. And BTW you're fine on win conditions, in fact I think you have 2 many wincons but that's not hugely relevant
4 weeks ago
mtgplayer100: I drop the four Serum Visions for 3 Wall of Omens and 1 Electrolyze. I also dropped 1 Celestial Colonnade for another Glacial Fortress, dropped 1 Remand for 1 Mana Leak, also tweaked the side deck. Any other Suggestions you can think of?
4 weeks ago
Probably Remand. The card is good, but the format is just so fast now, especially with red blizt at the top. Maybe also some of the cantrips, as you probably don't need more than 4 or 5 with 24 lands. Cascade Bluffs is also another card to consider to help cast kiki-jiki.
1 month ago
wow i didnt even know Painter's Servant was modern legal... coulda swore that was a banned one.!
Maybe adding more cantrips like Opt and Remand with aditional means to achieve an infinite combo could help with speed/consitency? Palladium Myr + 2 Myr Galvanizer.... Retract is also worth considering when relying on artifacts to stave off an Abrade.
1 month ago
There aren't a lot of straightforward replacements some of the cards here (particularly time walk) and some might be a little worse and you'll definitely lose some of the synergy, but that doesn't mean we can't keep the game plan. Also this is for the modern format (what used to be extended) and not the current standard. That being said:
- Horseshoe Crab/Thieving Magpie - Still modern legal/Surge Mare also works.
- Thornwind Faeries - Prodigal Sorcerer.
- Raven Familiar - Augury Owl/Sea Gate Oracle.
- Rayne - No functional replacement that affects all your creatures/Monastery Siege might be able to serve a similar purpose of making it harder to target your permanents rather than discourage your opponent from targeting.
- Curiosity - Still modern legal
- Hermetic Study - Viridian Longbow/Sorcerer's Wand, though not an enchantment, it functions the same way.
- Soothsaying - Descendant of Soramaro
- Sigil of Sleep - No functional replacement, Gorgon Flail/Basilisk Collar might be a nice alternative here.
Counterspells. This one is a bit tricky as they moved away from the classic Counterspell and there's a lot of variety here and counters have changed a lot. So I'm just going to recommend a few to consider:
- Quash and Rewind are still modern legal
- Also Lullmage Mentor can be a pretty good finisher/cornerstone of a counter deck
- Saheeli, Sublime Artificer/Talrand, Sky Summoner can also add some nice value to play counterspells.
Well, that took a bit of time, but I hope this helps.