|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Shapeshifter
Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)
: Until end of turn, creatures you control have base power and toughness X/X and gain all creature types.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mirror Entity Discussion
3 days ago
Also, Hero of Bladehold and other token generators would be nice additions.
3 days ago
Daru Warchief was a card I looked at when I first made this deck, and it's still a fantastic card, but not modern legal :( . If you are looking at vintage or legacy decklists, its powerful Anthem and cost reduction would make a good substitution for an aggressive Captain of the Watch, or taking a spot from Field Marshal or maybe even Mirror Entity. Glad to you like the deck!
3 days ago
Mentor of the Meek wants to find a home here. It works perfectly with morph creatures. I woukd take put Edric, Spymaster of Trest for it as morph is a bit of a slower deck by nature and dedicated aggro decks will outspeed you and overwhelm you with all the free card advantage. Not to mention, you also have Coastal Piracy which only works for you. Also, I would take out Mirari's Wake and Muraganda Petroglyphs. Wake is a great card but it nonbos with your Commander making your small creatures blockage again and they will usually be on the losing end of combat at 3/3s. If you want double mana, I would suggest Zendikar Resurgent. It is a bit more costly but it makes up for it by helping to keep your hand full and it doesn't potentially shut down combat for you. Petroglyphs fails you on your Commander's ability also and while 4/4s are better than 3/3s you may still find yourself getting the short stick in combat. Petroglyphs falls short in two other ways though. Firstly, it only helps your morphed creatures. Once they unmorph, they lose this bonus as they have abilities again. And a lot of times unmorphed creatures aren't much stronger than morphed ones. Lastly Ixidron makes the Glyph work against you giving all players an army of 4/4s and with you likely having the smaller army you now lose. If you must have a buffing enchantment I would recommend Dictate of Heliod. It only powers up your creatures, always powers all of your creatures and has flash so you can toss it in during combat after the declare blockers but before damage. I prefer instead to run Mirror Entity in place of a buff enchantment. It makes for a great mana sink and can make all of your creatures as big as you can afford at instant speed. The fact that it works with Zendikar Resurgent and Mentor of the Meek and Sidar Kondor is just gravy.
6 days ago
I should caveat *unless you activate Mirror Entity after Conspiracy enters the battlefield, in which case you get into layering. Or I guess you could just do it only with Mirror Entity.
6 days ago
Unless I missed something, Gemhide Sliver would be fairly wasted without other slivers or changelings. Granted, it still produces mana of any color, but if you were to throw in a Mirror Entity and/or Taurean Mauler that could stack, on top of their prospective perks?
I love the creature-based mana-fixing though. I think the only one you're missing is Sylvan Caryatid at this point! Haha
1 week ago
Seems good. I think Mirror Entity, Taurean Mauler, and also the new Metallic Mimic can be some of the best creatures in a tribal deck as they trigger your allies and have very powerful abilities. I know you want to keep your ally numbers high, but also consider Puresteel Paladin, and Leonin Shikari as powerful equipment synergy creatures. Eerie Interlude could be a sweet Sunforger target to save you from wraths and/or trigger all of your etb effects.
1 week ago
Thanks! I'm glad you like the jankiness that this deck brings!
These are good card suggestions and I might as well give out my thoughts on them...
- Ring of Three Wishes/Tamiyo's Journal - while tutoring is good, these tutors might just be a little bit too slow and expensive to work on. At 5 mana, I might just be doing something to make an Island/Plains larger other than tutoring. Journal on the other hand is something that cannot be very useful at all in the incorrect shell. Trail of Evidence makes it worthwhile but that's another card I would need just to support a specific card.
- Sacred Ground - I did have this in the deck a while back but there are just very few instances that its effect activates. For starters, it doesn't protect lands against Blasphemous Act and the like. It cannot even protect your lands during combat. The card is just too narrow to warrant inclusion.
- Mirror Entity - used to be in the deck as well, together with Amoeboid Changeling and Imagecrafter. The reason I removed these changeling cards is that they are creatures and are easy to remove. Another reason would be because most of the time when Griffin Canyon is not online, they are dead cards at best. Infinite mana combos go well with Mirror Entity though. Hint: Altar of Dementia
- Turnabout/Windfall - both are very good inclusions and would benefit the deck no doubt. The problem is that I don't know which ones to replace for these. Maybe replace Mystic Speculation with Windfall? Turnabout is bonkers under specific circumstances, especially when you have both Sapphire Medallion and View from Above. Grow a land very large in a single turn. Doesn't even need to be the Griffin Canyon.
- Ghirapur Orrery - seems like a good card to help us ramp and stuff. However, we rarely find our self with an empty hand so the second effect seems moot.
All in all, here are the cards I'm looking to add from these suggestions:
Great suggestions overall! Keep them coming!
1 week ago
Jank as they come! Love it!
Just a few suggestions as I muddle through your long path to the griffony goodness of your manland win:
Mirror Entity is another card you can use to get the creature type. You can even pay 0 for the ability if you don't mind wiping your non-manland creatures in a pinch.
Turnabout is good both offensively and defensively and creates you a manland.
Sacred Ground is similar to Terra Eternal in the fact it protects your lands from creature boardwipes of others. Yes they come back unmanned, but lacking strong GY recursion for them will make this deck difficult.
Ghirapur Orrery is a group-hug card that may benefit you most. Extra land per turn helps you gain presence and the draw 3 ability helps you recover gas when you've run out of your cheap cards.
Happy Janking! Hope that helps.