Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Slate of Ancestry Discussion
1 week ago
- I've noticed that you run a few cards that only provide a temporary advantage, such as Spark Elemental, Seething Song and Hellspark Elemental. Generally speaking, in EDH, you're in it for the long haul; spending a card just to deal 3 damage to an opponent, or just to earn two extra mana, is not worth the loss of card advantage.
- I've noticed that you have a token theme, and have taken several steps in taking advantage of it. Some cards you may like: Purphoros, God of the Forge: Only 20 activations of Purphoros, and your opponents are, quite simply, dead. Helm of Possession: Kill off a worthless token to steal an opponent's commander or game-ending bomb. Especially useful now that tuck has been nerfed.
- Mono-red, like all colors, has access to a larger amount of utility and/or fatties, however, take these suggestions with a grain of salt, as each may not necessarily be ideal for your deck: Utvara Hellkite, Balefire Dragon, Molten Primordial, Inferno Titan, Hoard-Smelter Dragon, Viashino Heretic, Hellkite Tyrant, Urabrask the Hidden. Since you're running snow-covered lands, I would consider Rimescale Dragon.
- Colorless creatures: Steel Hellkite, Duplicant, and the eldrazi.
- Many of your creatures have an extremely high power, but a low toughess. Even if they do have trample, your opponents probably won't mind throwing a 2/2 zombie token in front of Thunderblust.
- Unfortunately, because you're in mono-red, you won't have access to much card advantage. That said, you have to take what you can: Staff of Nin, Mind's Eye, Slate of Ancestry (Assuming you can always get enough creatures to make it work.), and possibly Outpost Siege.
1 week ago
ramp wise the deck plays:
Cultivate Kodama's Reach Skyshroud Claim Solemn Simulacrum for fetching, Sol Ring as a rock, Shaman of Forgotten Ways for creature ramp (nice with a six drop commander) & value for the Biorhythm ability (banned in EDH), Birds of Paradise for a turn 1 dork and flying blocker, Earthcraft is just broken for ramp in a deck like this, Awakening Zone for tokens that can ramp, Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury for dorks & value for her -2, Garruk Wildspeaker for untap's (cradle) & value on ultimate, Green Sun's Zenith fetches Dryad Arbor for 0 turn one, Vernal Bloom Caged Sun Gauntlet of Power for doubling my mana pool. Fifteen spells in total each pushing i would say are pushed design wise, so honestly i think i'm pretty good for ramp. Although i have considered crop rotation and the map to search out the cradle but it's more of a bonus when i get it rather than trying to be oppressive.
atm i'm honing it more towards fitting in utility and yes card draw would be nice, Shamanic Revelation being the stronger printing of Collective Unconscious and Slate of Ancestry can either be absurdly good or sit there and not do much. Swings and roundabouts. Already and lignify and song in the deck, Wave of Vitriol can equate to mass land removal, not good for the game in my book.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Interesting deck though! Wish I could see it in action
4 weeks ago
Great suggestions. I've never considered Skirk Fire Marshal before, but I feel like he could really work give all the goblin tech I'm running in this version.
Shared Animosity is another that never seemed to find it's way onto my radar, and looks great for an alternate wincon.
The symmetrical effect of Genesis Chamber led to too much residual damage being pointed my way in the last version, but given how much leaner this one is, it might be worth it. Especially since I'm debating working in some of the new dash creatures from Dragons of Tarkir.
I'll definitely test these three out, thanks for the suggestions.
Goblin Chieftain looks good at first glance, but more often then not I need all the creatures I have on hand for defense (and unlike Shared Animosity, it's doubtful I'd get a chance to pull a win from it).
Spinerock Knoll hates me. Like, seriously. It's basically been a mountain that comes into play tapped every time I've played it. I've chalked it up to gremlins and moved on.
Slate of Ancestry is interesting. Not sure how I feel about it at first glance, but it might be worth trying it out. I'll have to think about that one.
4 weeks ago
+1 from me, cool deck.
I like Skirk Fire Marshal. There's a lot of goblin token action happening here, so I think you'd be able to find the four other gobbos he needs. He helps when you lose your commander as he can get in that last ten points of damage, and also functions as a board wipe. I think a lot of decks are going to have a stronger creature set than you (think tooth and nail), so instant speed board wipe is handy. Also, because red is hard to draw cards with, if you run out of steam this can be a last ditch attempt.
Genesis Chamber is super efficient token generation, but you have a lowish non-token creature count so it might require a bit of testing. It is good with spawning pit and has synergy with Myr Battlesphere though :P
Slate of Ancestry with all those tokens. Goblin Chieftain could facilitate a surprise hasty gobbo token attack; most folk probably won't expect you to turn your critters sideways. Again, he helps if Purphoros is offline. Maybe Shared Animosity is better? I know you took out the swarm pumpers but I think having one or two is a good way to counter the loss of Purphoros and to keep your opponents guessing.
Spinerock Knoll shouldn't be too hard to activate.
Yeah, that's what I can think of off the top of my head. Hope it helps.
1 month ago
|Avg. draft pick||1.3|
|Avg. cube pick||7.31|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins||Rare|