Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.77||$0.98||$2.79||$4.0||0.18 TIX||0.1 TIX|
|Have (10)||cclyburn7556 , TheHorse , , angrychains , Brasshatchet , TrystonSpencer , DarkPhoenixMishima , k4rm4k4z3 , fr49200 , guerillarage|
|Want (3)||PTsmitty , SinisterGinger , NerahKero|
Slate of Ancestry Discussion
4 days ago
I agree, Akroma's Memorial is a wall-buster, but it's just not quite the theme for this particular deck. I had to make an entirely different deck for Avacyn with an opposite mindset of this one. That one is Avacyn and The Shattering Heavens. That deck's focus is aggression, but this one is pacifistic and hangs back; it reacts and waits until one final moment. I have to respectfully disagree regarding the Pearl Medallion. If you ever cast more than one spell in any turn, it automatically starts to reduce costs for more than Marble Diamond can produce, and it does so without tapping. If I was in need of an additional artifact mana source I might add that, but at this point my most frequent issue is card draw and hand size, hence the recent addition of Slate of Ancestry. Thank you for your input though, I appreciate the thoughts and suggestions!
5 days ago
It is true, Balance is banned, yet Restore Balance is not, even though they're identical in function; so it's moved to the sideboard just in case of a casual game. I also upped the ante and finally got Iona, Shield of Emeria and Linvala, Keeper of Silence in here, along with some added protection (Veilstone Amulet) and card draw (Slate of Ancestry).
1 week ago
Of the ones that make you discard your hand, Reforge the Soul, Knollspine Dragon, Slate of Ancestry, and Wheel of Fate are good enough to run, and with enough repeatable lifegain, Well of Lost Dreams is good. Farsight Mask, Candles of Leng, and Mind's Eye have no strings attached. If you run Sun Titan, you can repeatedly recur and sac Commander's Sphere (which you already run), and Mind Stone (which you don't).
2 weeks ago
wisegreenbean Thanks for all this help. 2 last questions just came to mind, 1- you suggested Skyshroud Ranger based on the number of lands I run. Do I have too much? 2- I feel I've got a fairly good pool of creatures (48, yikes) but surely I am missing a few budget non creature spells. Anymore coming to mind? And not just green, but perhaps useful artifacts like Slate of Ancestry?
2 weeks ago
I love your stance on nonbasic lands - it is kinda refreshing
also Gempalm Incinerator comes in handy a lot
As well as Slate of Ancestry
1 month ago
Ashling's Prerogative i didnt want to give my oponenets haste as they tend to havesome big monsters that are even and it takes awhile for this deck to go off so gotta play cautiously
Heat Stroke would have to test might get me focused early but its worth a shot
Slate of Ancestry would be amazing if i could get it off might be a maybe card though it would just be used if you didnt draw abundance imho
1 month ago
Ashling's Prerogative is screaming for inclusion.
Heat Stroke might be worth considering, as your creatures are probably going to die in combat anyway.
Slate of Ancestry could be great, as I imagine you dump your hand pretty quickly.
It's a cool deck you have; nice to see something different than the same old cookie-cutter lists!
1 month ago
- I've noticed that you run a few cards that only provide a temporary advantage, such as Spark Elemental, Seething Song and Hellspark Elemental. Generally speaking, in EDH, you're in it for the long haul; spending a card just to deal 3 damage to an opponent, or just to earn two extra mana, is not worth the loss of card advantage.
- I've noticed that you have a token theme, and have taken several steps in taking advantage of it. Some cards you may like: Purphoros, God of the Forge: Only 20 activations of Purphoros, and your opponents are, quite simply, dead. Helm of Possession: Kill off a worthless token to steal an opponent's commander or game-ending bomb. Especially useful now that tuck has been nerfed.
- Mono-red, like all colors, has access to a larger amount of utility and/or fatties, however, take these suggestions with a grain of salt, as each may not necessarily be ideal for your deck: Utvara Hellkite, Balefire Dragon, Molten Primordial, Inferno Titan, Hoard-Smelter Dragon, Viashino Heretic, Hellkite Tyrant, Urabrask the Hidden. Since you're running snow-covered lands, I would consider Rimescale Dragon.
- Colorless creatures: Steel Hellkite, Duplicant, and the eldrazi.
- Many of your creatures have an extremely high power, but a low toughess. Even if they do have trample, your opponents probably won't mind throwing a 2/2 zombie token in front of Thunderblust.
- Unfortunately, because you're in mono-red, you won't have access to much card advantage. That said, you have to take what you can: Staff of Nin, Mind's Eye, Slate of Ancestry (Assuming you can always get enough creatures to make it work.), and possibly Outpost Siege.
|Avg. draft pick||1.3|
|Avg. cube pick||7.31|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins||Rare|