Slate of Ancestry
, , Discard your hand: Draw a card for each creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Slate of Ancestry Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
I know this was mostly thrown together as a joke, but I'm sure you can go down a few rats for Ratcatcher, Thrumming Stone, Phyrexian Arena, Eldrazi Monument, and maybe a little Slate of Ancestry action too.
1 week ago
Metallurgic Summonings for token generating redundancy and a way to bring back instants/sorceries for round 2.
Azami, Lady of Scrolls for draw synergy w a few of your guys. Your achilles heel is playing your hand and top-decking.
Bident of Thassa for another Coastal Piracy effect and to force opponents' to attack, which you can easily multi-block to kill their annoyingly useful creatures.
1 week ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .
2 weeks ago
I just realized I have a Slate of Ancestry. should be awesome in a deck like this but I don't know what to drop.
2 weeks ago
I have a Krenko build myself, so all love to the Goblin tribe.
Goblin Assassin - amazing once you have some tokens that you're okay saccing
Taurean Mauler - that might be the biggest goblin ever
Shared Animosity - red tribal staple
Slate of Ancestry - powerful draw effect, plus Wort minimizes the discard pain
3 weeks ago
Zompires seems to be having some difficulty clearly expressing what they mean. You didn't clearly reference and label anything a or b or c. The clear win condition of this deck as with just about every boros deck is combat damage and as he said in the description, multiple combats.
That being said, there are a ton of cards in this deck that are just not good enough for EDH. Not knowing what your budget is or if you have this deck in paper limits what suggestions I can give you but I'll tell you what to cut.
- Tears of Rage it's only good if you are about to win, in which case you should just be winning. It gets stymied by a Fog and then you just boardwiped yourself. Also, Basandra, Battle Seraph shits on combat tricks.
- Warstorm Surge. It's a great card but you have too many 6 drops as it is, and in this deck your creatures are hitting for enough damage that you don't need the extra. Also, this card often just paints a target on it and you don't have ways to abuse it.
- Red Mana Battery and White Mana Battery because they're terrible. You want mana rocks you don't have to pay for like Coalition Relic, Thran Dynamo, and Chromatic Lantern.
- Cyclops of Eternal Fury because there are just so many better ways to give your creatures haste like Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Lightning Greaves, Fervor, Hammer of Purphoros. In general try to limit the ways to remove your key deck pieces like a haste enabler. If it's a creature and an enchantment then thats twice as many ways to kill it. Enchantments are usually the safe bet.
- Firemane Angel is hot garbage.
- Skyknight Legionnaire is also hot garbage.
I'd add in some equipment and more mana rocks really to give it some more power. Solemn Simulacrum and Burnished Hart never steer you wrong for mana ramp. And Emeria Shepherd is solid recursion. Also, you need some ways to get card draw; really the only ones open to you are through artifacts so you'll want Slate of Ancestry, Mind's Eye, and maybe Memory Jar for the late game. Good luck.
1 month ago
As far as Slate of Ancestry, I really like the idea of it and pairs ridiculously well with Didgeridoo! I will give it a whirl in my non-budget version of this deck and let you know how it performs. I'll probably drop a Sorcery for it.