Slate of Ancestry
, , Discard your hand: Draw a card for each creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Slate of Ancestry Discussion
9 hours ago
lol this is almost like my colorless deck. Every Turn is My Turn Personally I think Reliquary Tower is quite useless with Slate of Ancestry because every time I use it, I end up playing every card I draw excluding lands. Other than that I would maximize your draw with a set of Slate of Ancestry at least 3 anyways and maybe some more Myr Turbines.
2 weeks ago
Trtl, thank you for your suggestions! If there's one thing the deck is lacking, it's card draw. I'm gonna have to squeeze the Infiltration Lens in somewhere. Another card I've thinking about adding is the Slate of Ancestry since I'll most likely have a decent amount of creatures on the field.
Secure the Wastes is a damn good card, but it's a little pricy. Not pricy enough to stop me from buying it, but pricy enough to whine about. I'll have to find a place in the deck for it.
Thanks again for the suggestions!
3 weeks ago
Battle Hymn For big plays
Mountain 35 land weren't cutting it.
Teetering Peaks Land that had an additional use.
Goblin Burrows Land that made a goblin bigger.
Goblin Sledder Sacrifice Outlet
Mogg Raider Sacrifice Outlet
Goblin Diplomats Force opponents to attack.
Sensation Gorger When hand is empty on upkeep there's a good chance to draw 4 cards.
Shattering Pulse Usually quick enough to win before most artifacts become a problem.
Vandalblast Same as above.
Thermopod Played for ability, Cost is to mana intensive.
Hellrider 1 damage per attacking creature is great, Though the alpha strike will usually kill people just as quick.
Banefire Not really necessary.
Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician Worked well until opponents started killing important goblins with chump blocks.
Slate of Ancestry only used once. Never wanted to discard hand. Never wanted to draw that many cards.
Mindmoil Never used, was much to random. Replaced with Sensation Gorger.
3 weeks ago
For my decks that have problems, I try to isolate the origin. if it's a problem with land or mana base, dissect the deck and see what different or more lands I need.
Then I take my decks and think of numerous scenarios that might put me in a bad place or make me lose, and add cards/utility accordingly.
Then I play test it against people and see what needs improving further.
So far this has worked out for me on my recent decks.
3 weeks ago
Awesome to see another Rith deck!
With all the standard caveats (I have no idea about your meta, or your personal favorite cards, etc etc etc), here are a few thoughts ...
- I personally like a smoother mana curve ... you might consider shift some of the 6-drops and 7-drops down, if possible. I'd look especially hard at the 6-drops, since you probably want to cast Rith at that point.
- I'm with both you and acht_deck_manager on Rogue's Passage. Rith can be an absolutely insane token generator, but she has to connect. The Passage is just REALLY good with her.
- For Draw, beyond the good stuff you already have, I like Drumhunter, Psychotrope Thallid, and Slate of Ancestry. Avarice Amulet is good too, as Rith never dies (she just goes back to the Command Zone).
- Watch out for Gravity Well, as it will force Rith to walk too. Unless I'm missing something, Bower Passage would probably be MUCH better for this deck.
- For removal, I like Darksteel Mutation, Path to Exile, and Swords to Plowshares. And some X-spells for the late game, like Aurelia's Fury and Comet Storm.
- Board wipes are a real threat, and I don't really have a good answer. Sac' effects mostly, to at least get some value out of the wipe. Stuff like Ashnod's Altar to fuel those X-spells, Evolutionary Leap and Spawning Pit to rebuild quickly, and Goblin Bombardment and Shivan Harvest to cause some pain on the way down.
- I ran Rest in Peace and Grafdigger's Cage for a while, after Meren first came out. But it was kind of overkill in my group. Scavenging Ooze is enough for me now.
- I'm not a fan of mana rocks with Rith, actually. You're in Green, so you can Land ramp all day long if you'd like. Or go with mana dorks (despite all the board wipes, Rith wants colored permanents). But rock-based ramp seems like the worst of both worlds (in my group anyways, though of course we may just have more Artifact hate than yours).
A few other resources:
- Shamelessly, my deck is at Smashface Gardening w/ Rith.
- Here are some of my favorite Rith decks on T/O.
Good luck (and good skill) on the build!
4 weeks ago
Slate of Ancestry works well out of the many cards I could recommend.
1 month ago
So yeah, first things first, you'd probably wanna add about 10 lands in there at least. Being a mono-colored deck, you don't need to worry too much about fetch-lands and such (unless you just want to have deck-thinning). You can look up other lands to put out there, but off the top of my head I'd recommend Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Mistveil Plains, Windbrisk Heights, Kor Haven, Flagstones of Trokair, and maybe even some cycle lands like Secluded Steppe and Drifting Meadow. Maybe some budget fetches like Evolving Wilds just to thin the deck out.
Now, as I'm sure you're aware, mono-white is fun, but absolutely sucks for card draw. Fortunately, we're not limited to just white cards for draw power - we've got artifacts! RupertPhd already mentioned several, and I'd back all of those, particularly Mind's Eye, but I'd also suggest Slate of Ancestry. Being a creature-heavy deck, I'd imagine you'll have plenty of them out on a regular basis, barring a boardwipe or something - use them for card draw once you've emptied your hand!
There's also one of the best combos in magic for card draw that white can access: + . Use Land Tax to get your 3 plains, then activate Scroll Rack to trade them out for three new cards! It's a VERY fun combo if you can pull it out.
Your creature base and enchantment suite look fine. Might could cut some of the weaker creatures if you need to trim, but nothing feels useless.
Honestly, I see the nice combo of Odric and 2nd main phase sweepers, but I might take some of those out, just to open up more land space. Definitely keep Austere Command, at least for versatility.
Looking at your removal, you'd probably do well to have some of white's artifact/enchantment removal added in, as artifacts and enchantments tend to shine in EDH. Dust to Dust or, even better, Return to Dust, would work well here.
Personally, I'd cut out Elspeth, Knight-Errant. Sure, it's a creature every turn, but Sun's Champion just does that so much better.
I'm sure there's more to be done, but off the top of my head those seem like routes to go down. Otherwise good deck! I like!
1 month ago
I think the deck needs more high-powered threats, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head.