Slate of Ancestry
, , Discard your hand: Draw a card for each creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Slate of Ancestry Discussion
1 week ago
Thank you for the feedback :)
- Swords to Plowshares is in the deck. Look at the control section.
- As mentioned earlier, alters are a slippery slope. I want to stay on the path.
- Thank you! I'll check yours out :)
- Yes she does :). But she is also Kaalia of the Vast and so overplayed and I just don't like her. Let's say I've played too many annoying games versus Kaalia gone wild.
- Sigarda's Aid would be nice! I am waiting for a higres image to be released. MouseyWolf argued that there is a spear in the background. Also, what to drop?
- As mentioned in the description, I think Sword of Body and Mind is just too meh to play.
- The wheel effects seems like my only true option to refresh my hand. I think I prefer the sorceries (Wheel of Fate and Wheel of Fortune) over Magus of the Wheel.
- Brass Squire looks nice, but what would I drop for him? Also, he is pretty vulnerable beeing an artifact creature.
- Updated the land base with Khans fetch lands to make the deck more sword'ish
Dumping maybeboard to keep it clean
- 1x Akroma's Vengeance #Sword_wipe
- 1x Assemble the Legion #Utility
- 1x Batterskull #Sword
- 1x Brass Squire
- 1x Caged Sun #Ramp
- 1x Coldsteel Heart #Ramp
- 1x Deathrender #Sword
- 1x Devastation #Sword_wipe
- 1x Fell the Mighty #Sword_wipe
- 1x Godo, Bandit Warlord
- 1x Magus of the Wheel
- 1x Mana Crypt #Ramp
- 1x Masterwork of Ingenuity #Sword
- 1x Slate of Ancestry #Draw
- 1x Spear of Heliod #Sword
- 1x Steelshaper Apprentice #Sword_tutor
- 1x Swiftfoot Boots #Utility
- 1x Thran Dynamo #Ramp
- 1x Wasteland #Land
3 weeks ago
Cards you should consider :
FOR BEARS -
FOR CARD DRAW/ADVANTAGE -
4 weeks ago
I love Healer of the Pride, that's definitely going in my Kemba build. Flavorful AND great.
1 month ago
Card advantage is all you need to destroy with elves. a "draw system" of sorts. Slate of Ancestry Genesis Wave Green Sun's Zenith Glimpse of Nature Primal Surge Anything that will tutor/ net you alot of cards/creatures. Add more creatures, Heritage Druid Nettle Sentinel Birchlore Rangers Quirion Ranger Priest of Titania Immaculate Magistrate Lys Alana Huntmaster dwynen guilt-leaf daen Rhys the Redeemed Elvish Promenade. There is a nice little combo with Quest for Renewal and Yeva, Nature's Herald allowing you to play on your opponents turn, giving you extra turns essentially. :) Try and make it a combo deck of sorts, Lots of creatures = lots of mana = lots of cards= lots of creatures etc.. If you would like more help just ask.
1 month ago
This deck looks like a lot of fun, + 1 from me.
1 month ago
The symmetry on Aluren makes it a bit risky, but it's probably much better for you than for any of your opponents (watch out for elves!). It's a sweet draw engine with Dormant Sliver, which gets cranked up to infinite draw with Cloudstone Curio (also goes infinite with any sac outlet and Enduring Renewal, but let's not get too far afield.
Hunting Grounds is like a lower-CMC Lurking Predators, but it's not as explosive and the threshold requirement is awkward. Probably not worth it when your creatures all cost 5 or less anyway.
Since you're already running Synapse Sliver (and honestly how could you not?), pushing for more aggro and more evasion can be a draw engine of sorts.
More possible engines are Ephara, God of the Polis (great with Quick Sliver/Aluren, but is an icky non-Sliver creature), Slate of Ancestry and Greed. These are more finnicky and resource-intensive than good ol' Phyrexian Arena, but they draw more cards faster if you're willing to jump through a couple hoops. Soul of the Harvest and Primordial Sage are more powerful generally, but they both cost 6 and are worse than Wild Pair (and most importantly, NOT SLIVERS!!). Your average CMC might also be low enough to support Dark Confidant or his enchantment version Dark Tutelage.
In terms of sheer speed, you can't top instant and sorcery draw. A couple big one-shot draw spells, like Distant Melody (even has a foil from the Sliver premium deck), Shamanic Revelation, Allied Strategies and Wheel of Fortune might be worth running.
1 month ago
Love the idea, I have a few suggestions for you :)
I love the soldier take with more of a solid defense. Feel free to check out my own Rhys Deck, Rhys the Redeemed, Leader of all, Follower of none, it is more of an elf based take on the commander but I provide some descriptions of why i use a bunch of things that you might like that, or find some cool combos to include in your deck.
1 month ago
Awakening Zone in my opinion is better then From Beyond for my deck just because of that extra 1 cost, Plus the fact I don't have any Eldrazi to tutor up with it. In addition to that it is really hard to find a card to remove for it.
Slate of Ancestry now that is a different story. Solid card, normally would offer lots of card draw. I might have to try and pick one up, thank you for the suggestion.
Militia's Pride Is a card I like, I do have a lot of non token creatures that I wont be attacking with though. I would like to playtest it a few times forsure to see how well it pays off.
Primal Forcemage Also a good card but I don't have room to add it to combo with only one creature. I think it would be much better with a lot of haste effects, Captain's Claws, Hero of Bladehold, etc...