At the beginning of each end step, if you gained 4 or more life this turn, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Angelic Accord Discussion
2 weeks ago
As someone who started playing the game with a Core Set 19 Ajani planeswalker deck, lifegain is a theme that always appeals to me. Lathiel definitely has some potential to be a great lifegain commander! There are some cards I'd definitely recommend, though.
- The Ozolith to help you retain some counters if some creatures get killed. It can dump them on a creature right before combat as well.
- Inspiring Call, Abzan Falconer, Pridemalkin and Tuskguard Captain are all cards that synergize well with +1/+1 counters. Pridemalkin and Tuskguard Captain do the same thing as Crowned Ceratok but for one mana less.
- Ajani's Welcome, Daxos, Blessed by the Sun, Impassioned Orator and Lunarch Veteran Flip for more soul sister-like effects
- Angelic Accord, Griffin Aerie, Resplendent Angel or any other "If you gained X life this turn make a token" cards.
- Some more removal. Whichever ones you prefer, really.
- Sigarda's Splendor, Well of Lost Dreams and Alhammarret's Archive for some more lifegain card draw.
3 weeks ago
My main problem with the whole card draw topic is that white is the only color that can't do it. "But white isn't supposed to--", right, I get that.... but it's the ONLY color that can't. Blue can draw cards every turn from various means. Black can draw stupid amounts of cards in short bursts dependent on paying life or sacrificing creatures (Vilis, Broker of Blood, God-Eternal Bontu). Red can use rituals and treasures etc to make use of some "Exile cards from the top of your library" effect alongside it's plentiful discard and draw effects. Green can outdraw literally every other color with ETB triggers (Elemental Bond etc), cast triggers (Beast Whisperer etc), and the stupidity that is power triggers (Return of the Wildspeaker etc.) White is the only color that can't do it. It would be a different argument if, say, green or black lacked its draw power. It needs something. I understand that it "Doesn't want to" but it needs... something. The custom cards up top are a good way to fix that, though I doubt they'd ever print something like them.
3 months ago
Guardian of the Gateless , Angel of Renewal , Banshee of the Dread Choir , Beguiler of Wills , Emancipation Angel , Jhessian Thief , Keening Apparition , Kor Hookmaster , Kor Sanctifiers , Lightkeeper of Emeria , Nullmage Shepherd , Soul Warden , Spawnbinder Mage , Stormcaller of Keranos , Transluminant , Twilight Shepherd , Voice of the Provinces , Cursebreak , Memory Lapse , Angelic Accord , Stab Wound , Endless Obedience , Temporal Trespass , Dueling Rapier , Vorpal Sword (The new one with the girl holding it), Angel of Glory's Rise , Angelic Skirmisher , Archangel Avacyn Flip, Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Avacyn, Guardian Angel , Gisela, the Broken Blade , Linvala, the Preserver , Luminous Angel , Resolute Archangel , and Requiem Angel
5 months ago
Angelic Accord has decent synergy with Bishop of Wings and enough cheap angels or even Speaker of the Heavens . Also, budget permitting, Archangel of Thune and Lyra Dawnbringer are angels that play well with lifegain.
6 months ago
Hey, well done on a $50 budget. You have good card sense if you're new on such a low budget.
I will try to match my suggestions with cards to consider cutting that are close to or equal in price. Some changes to consider:
- Sol Ring --> Swords to Plowshares
- Arcane Signet --> Syphon Mind
- Arguel's Blood Fast Flip --> Succumb to Temptation
- Sephara, Sky's Blade --> Seraph of the Scales
- Righteous Valkyrie --> Deathpact Angel
- Angelic Accord --> Promise of Bunrei
- Firja, Judge of Valor --> Luminous Angel
- Soul Warden --> Imperious Oligarch
- Victimize --> Defy Death
- Make a Stand --> Doom Blade
- Emerge Unscathed --> Cast Down
- Command Tower --> 1x Plains
- Caves of Koilos --> Temple of Silence
- Path of Ancestry --> 1x Plains
- Tainted Field --> 1x Plains
- Orzhov Basilica --> 1x Plains
- Opal Palace --> 1x Plains
Swords to Plowshares is the most expensive card here and you have many other removal spells to make up for not having it. Sol Ring is a staple mana rock in Commander and it's more ramp that can help to cast high CMC Angels. With Angels repeatable low mana cost ramp is more important then a single creature removal spell.
Good luck with your deck.
7 months ago
Hmm. Well, I'm no good with older cards, but they'd be expensive anyway. For a basic blue/white lifegain deck (which is an easy enough deck to pilot), Ajani's Pridemate is really good. Soul Warden is one of the best life gainers in the game, Sphinx's Revelation is really strong in the late game, but they're about $3 each. Felidar Sovereign or Angel of Destiny can give you an alternate way to win, but they aren't necessarily as good as they sound.
More recent good lifegain cards are things like Speaker of the Heavens , Angelic Accord , or Heliod, Sun-Crowned . Remember that you can put up to 4 of any copy of a card in your deck (except basic lands, of which you can have as many as you want). Typically you want as many copies of your good cards as possible.
There are plenty of other archetypes that fit into blue and white, but lifegain is a good one for a new player because it's pretty easy to use and teaches the power of synergy.
7 months ago
I managed to get a test game in yesterday and that combo of having Bishop of Wings and Righteous Valkyrie was gaining me so much life. I still like the idea of Spirit Mantle over Light of Hope for now but with all that life gain, I wasn't doing much with it. I am going to try running another Valkyrie Harbinger and see if that helps. Otherwise I may try to make room for a 3rd Angelic Accord .
8 months ago
I've made several versions of EDH decks around the Teysa's and token spawns. Some neat stuff you can do;
Spirits! Afterlife is useful, but we can also use stuff like Bishop of Wings alongside Requiem Angel to get some neat trigger stacks. Divine Visitation on top makes it absolutely brutal, but that's probably not where your deck wants to go.
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim . I mean... :)