Creature — Human Cleric
When Sin Collector enters the battlefield, target opponent reveals their hand. You choose an instant or sorcery card from it and exile that card.
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sin Collector Discussion
6 months ago
6 months ago
I'm not sure I understand the inclusion of Mastermind's Acquisition and Possibility Storm in an otherwise low-to-the-ground taxes deck, but I do like the idea. If I'm not missing a kind of game-ending combo there, I would suggest going up on Thalia, Heretic Cathars (to maybe 3?).
Some other humans you might like:
Abbot of Keral Keep - card advantage!
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death - recur your Freebooters, Thraben Inspectors, Lieutenants... could be a lot of good value, and goes well with General's Enforcer!
Dauntless Bodyguard - it's aggressive and protects key cards like Lieutenant and Kudro.
Knight of the White Orchid
Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip
Gideon of the Trials - particularly good against Inverter combo Mardu Skullhunter
Order of Midnight
Tithe Taker - classic Taxes-type human!
Tomik, Distinguished Advokist - aggressive and very good against Lotus combo .
Some sideboard possibilties:
Dire Fleet Daredevil
Kambal, Consul of Allocation
Robber of the Rich
Tocatli Honor Guard - obviously you'd have to side out the Freebooters, but this is very good against Inverter
After doing all this research I'm also inspired, so I might make my own list. :)
7 months ago
Protect your creatures from removal and comboing off through removal: Ephemerate
Instant speed combo enablers: Restoration Angel
7 months ago
Really think about Anguished Unmaking, Conclave Tribunal, Despark (it can get rid of Jace on the draw step and frankly I can't think of anything else but hand attack that will save you from the inverting menace... also it takes care of Nissa), Glass Casket (or Silkwrap), Seal Away, Brain Maggot, Infinite Obliteration, good ol' RIP, and Sin Collector.
All of these are decent cards that exile things.
10 months ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
11 months ago
META CHANGE / DECK CHANGE
Update at 09/2019
1 year ago
list of possilbe clerics to consider:
Heliod, God of the Sun - okay, not a cleric, but makes cleric tokens
Alms Collector - good card draw engine in EDH - prevents players from drawing their deck in one go also
Auriok Replica - good sac for anti-commander damage, fits cleric type, colorless to cast. not super amazing, but worth mentioning
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim - not all that useful until you gain some life, then amazing removal. and 2/3 deathtouch for 2 isn't bad either
Battlefield Medic - damage prevention based on clerics. nothing to special, but tribal themed, so I mention it here.
Beloved Chaplain - evasion that's hard to top - can't be blocked by creatures, can't be removed by creatures.
Blind Zealot - sacs to destroy target creature when it hits a player, good for general
Cabal Archon - sac outlet? check. Cleric tribal? check. sadistic grin? double check.
Cabal Executioner - on par with blind zealot - lacks the evasion, but doesn't sac to activate. mixed bag, but not horrible
Children of Korlis - sacs to revert life total to start of turn? yes please
Devout Chaplain - most clerics are humans, exile is good. enough said.
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails - good protection for your side of the field.
Entomber Exarch - cleric that can reanimate or force pitch from opponents. not gamebreaker, but solid card with options
Frontline Medic - clerics are indistructable as long as 3 swing? seems good
Giver of Runes - really should be vodka-aunt of runes, but w/e, still good
High Priest of Penance - great to chump with, better with aethreos, best when indistructable
Kor Sanctifiers - decent artifact / enchantment removal on a cleric body, not much else to say.
Leonin Arbiter - the staple of death & taxes and hate bears is, in fact, a cleric. seems useful.
Leonin Relic-Warder - fiend hunter for artifacts & enchantments, not much else to say.
Mikaeus, the Lunarch - cleric that slowly buffs your side
Order of Whiteclay - recusion cleric. not as useful once it gets vigilence, so fair warning.
Pontiff of Blight - mass extort is disgusting. seven toughness is hard to remove.
Ravos, Soultender - recursion + steroids = win
Remorseful Cleric - mass graveyard remval + evasion is good
Shaman en-Kor - this guy is bonkers, and with any form of damage prevention makes your side nigh unkillable
Sin Collector - exiles instants & sorceries, solid card. never returns them either. probably is on a wanted list in some libraries for back charges
True Believer - if you don't want people to target you, ivory mask with legs is a cleric too
Tymna the Weaver - less useful in duels, but solid for mass card draw otherwise
Vile Deacon - cleric tribal lord for black, comparible to doubtless one
Weathered Wayfarer - land tax on legs. still a cleric
Whipgrass Entangler - ghostly prison based on clerics for mana, but single target per use
Whisper, Blood Liturgist - creature recusion that nukes for 6 with general out, or mass reanimation if opponen't don't take it.
Profane Prayers - not an X spell, but cleric tribal nuke seems kinda on-theme.
1 year ago
needs more cleric tribal - I'd ditch the backup Orzhov subtheme ( Basilica Screecher , Crypt Ghast , Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts , & Tithe Taker ) and probably the Regal Bloodlord for some cleric support: Akroma's Devoted , Battlefield Medic , Battletide Alchemist , and Daru Spiritualist come to mind for that. Edgewalker is a must for the colors, and I'd probably ditch the monuments and obilisk of urd for more clerics - Alms Collector and Bygone Bishop give decent card draw, Eight-and-a-Half-Tails , Giver of Runes and Mother of Runes offer amazing protection for your field. Frontline Medic and Selfless Spirit offer indistrucbablity for your own wipes. Sin Collector offers good andi-countermagic / tide-turner removal. High Priest of Penance is just amazing with the recusion this deck should have. Rotlung Reanimator turns all clerics into double duty sac fodder, and Priest of Forgotten Gods , Yawgmoth, Thran Physician , and Whisper, Blood Liturgist are more than happy to supply that role, with Skirsdag High Priest backing them up. and Weathered Wayfarer pulls the same job as Land Tax , but can fetch non-basics, and is a cleric.