Creature — Human Cleric
When Fiend Hunter enters the battlefield, you may exile another target creature.
When Fiend Hunter leaves the battlefield, return exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fiend Hunter Discussion
2 weeks ago
I, myself, played Alesha in tiny and big formats in more... aristocratic ways, so I'll suggest adding cards like Carrion Feeder, Viscera Seer, Cartel Aristocrat, Phyrexian Altar, maybe, Altar of DementiaAlso, Mogg War Marshal is great with ur commander, playing Fiend Hunter and Banisher Priest won't hurt too. Fleshbag Marauder and Merciless Executioner are both great edict-effecting creatures
2 weeks ago
I been thinking about it..
Its a huge waste of a spell to remove a 2 drop 2/2
The majority of creature removal (black) is Hero's Downfall
This is a pw killer, so...
I believe anything which is creature based, with that kind of effect is easy to remove, had it been an enchantment (bye- bye black) or an artifact, it is a lot stronger
Obviously, this is not a fair comparison, O-Ring is much more usable, but you get my drift
2 weeks ago
Fiend Hunter huh ... I kinda like that idea. Too bad he isn't instant speed. And only 1 power.
1 power huh, yeah not worth it.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the feedback, mooffalosystema.
I actually was previously planning to build this deck around Luminarch Ascension and Sigil of the Empty Throne, supported by things like Sphere of Safety and Oblivion Ring but I eventually decided to design around Angelic Accord for budget reasons. I've looked and I just can't get the Ascensions at a price I'm willing to pay at the moment.
I think you're right about needing some kind of mass removal; Shrivel and Curse of Death's Hold are too narrow, Hour of Reckoning, Extinguish All Hope and Mass Calcify all cost too much mana. End Hostilities might be OK, but I think Day of Judgment is probably the best option. I've added Black Sun's Zenith into the sideboard for now because that's what I currently own but I'll consider upgrading to Judgment if need to.
Dawn Charm is multi-utility, but none of its abilities are very useful in this deck. I don't have enough creatures to make Altar's Reap reliable and it's redundant with the card draw I already have. With plenty of cheap removal and consistent lifegain, the deck is already very well positioned against aggro, making Angelic Wall and Fiend Hunter unnecessary additions. Curse of Exhaustion is very situational and it's a 4-drop, which already has quite a lot going on.
The deck is already pretty mana-hungry in the late game and Increasing Devotion doesn't do enough for the mana it requires. Intangible Virtue is really good in decks that make a lot of small tokens quickly, but it only provides marginal benefits here. Lingering Souls is definitely great but it doesn't have much synergy with what the deck is trying to do.
3 weeks ago
I could also return Fiend Hunter as well with Alesha, is it because he is 1/3 vs. 2/2 that you think I should swap them?
3 weeks ago
Luminarch Ascension seems like a shoe-in.
It's a bit above your price range at three-fiddy, but hey. Should you ever get to the activation point, you kinda win.
There's a reason Lingering Souls tends to sneak into decks.
Hour of Reckoning is perfect for you and it seems like low-cost card. Expensive mana-wise doe.
|Power / Toughness||1/3|
|Avg. draft pick||1.71|
|Avg. cube pick||6.19|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
- If I have 2x Oblivion Ring, and 1 Captain of the Watch, can I make infinite soldier tokens?
- Infinite reflection with Fiend hunter out?
- Will Turn to Frog stop a creature returning from Banisher Priest
- Strionic Resonator + Fiend Hunter
- How does portcullis interact with enter the battlefield destroy effects?
- Blasting Station + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Blasting Station + Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide + Phyrexian Altar
- Karmic Guide + Fiend Hunter
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Greater Good + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Greater Good + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Phyrexian Altar + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan + Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide + Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
- Fiend Hunter + Restoration Angel
- Banisher Priest + Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Goblin Bombardment + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + Highway Robber
- Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Starlit Sanctum
- Fiend Hunter + Gideon, Champion of Justice + Oblivion Ring
- Fiend Hunter + Saving Grasp
- Fiend Hunter + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Gilded Drake + Fiend Hunter
- Thragtusk + Fiend Hunter
- Brutalizer Exarch + Fiend Hunter
- Palinchron + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Serenity + Fiend Hunter
- Terastodon + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Nim Deathmantle
- Fiend Hunter + Triad of Fates
- Fiend Hunter + Strionic Resonator
- Fiend Hunter + Deadwood Treefolk
- Chancellor of the Spires + Fiend Hunter
- Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Flickerwisp + Wormfang Drake
- Fiend Hunter + Reveillark
- Ashnod's Altar + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Soul Warden
- Evangel of Heliod + Fiend Hunter + Stormfront Riders
- Fiend Hunter + Ixidron
- Fiend Hunter + Leonin Relic-Warder + Oblivion Ring
- Blood Artist + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan + Viscera Seer