Creature — Human Cleric
When Fiend Hunter enters the battlefield, you may exile another target creature.
When Fiend Hunter leaves the battlefield, return exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fiend Hunter Discussion
2 days ago
6 days ago
Try out Banisher Priest over Fiend Hunter, typically you want higher power than toughness. I would also consider Reflector Mage, since the bounce effect will typically be better than the limited exile.
Myr Superion is also normally subpar if you only intend to AEther Vial/Collected Company it. I would recommend adding in a couple Noble Hierarchs so you can ramp faster to your three drops/Collected Companys and you can hardcast it in a pinch.
Finally, finding space for four Voice of Resurgence would get you far. That card is fantastic in this kind of strategy.
1 week ago
Do before step 2--Cast Conspiracy naming Humans.
1)Cast the angel, then cast Fiend hunter targeting the angel to exile it.
1b)If Fiend hunter dies, the angel will resurrect him so he's fairly safe provided you only exile the angel with his ability.
2)If you have Cartel aristocrat and your Commander,(Or other creatures with an ETB) on the field you can sac him and fiend hunter to the aristocrat to bring the angel back to the field which will resurrect both your commander and the fiend hunter.
3)Re-target the angel with the fiend hunter and continue for infinite damage and lifegain, or whatever other ETB your creatures have.
The combo works well with any ETB effects provided the creatures are human or conspiracy is in play
1 week ago
Also, regarding the humans tech, you might want to squeeze in some removal in the form of creatures.
I might be too deep on the humans plan here, but at least the Fiend Hunter could be worth a slot, as you don't play any removal at this moment, which is usefull against Abzan company, and also vs Infect and other creatures MU's.
1 week ago
Hey derhealman, thanks for your suggestions. I'll reply with my thoughts on a few.
Restoration Angel will replace Glimmerpoint Stag and Karmic Guide will replace Miraculous Recovery as soon as I get my hands on them. Both of these are great fits for the deck, not to mention that Restoration Angel goes infinite with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker.
Eldrazi Displacer looks really good, but I'm not sure if I could reliably make colourless mana. Fiend Hunter is tempting, because he also goes infinite with Sun Titan and Goblin Bombardment, or temporarily contains a big threat.
Assemble the Legion was in the deck in an earlier iteration. It is great, but when I had to make cuts to fit some removal I cut it as I needed to prioritise token producers that were recurrable.
I don't like Goblin Rabblemaster as he needs to stick around to produce tokens. Also he forces his tokens to attack, meaning they must survive combat first if I want to use them with Skullclamp or Trading Post. Not to mention, forcing Krenko, Mob Boss to attack or tap in my pre-combat main phase.
Ghostway looks good, but it flickers any tokens as well which could be terrible. Eerie Interlude and Cloudshift are great, but 1-offs in this build. I have skipped them in favour of creatures and artifacts that can be recurred later in the game.
1 week ago
nice Deck i gonna build that too.
1 week ago
Thanks for wording it out for me.I need to start learning about resolves and stacks more.I have to add in Fiend Hunter because I lack interaction XD.
I'll add in two Rally the Ancestors.Thanks again!
1 week ago
Don't worry about it man.
As for Tidehollow Sculler you word it like this. When it enters the battlefield, say, "with his ETB trigger on the stack, I want to sacrifice him to (whatever sac outlet). His "leaving the battlefield" trigger will resolve first, meaning nothing as nothing was exiled. Then his ETB trigger will resolve and I will choose to exile (whatever card you want). This means the card is exiled forever." My friend said he had a lot of judge calls when he decided to pull it, and if you want something a little simpler just go to whatever judge at the tournament and ask for what to say. You could also add in Fiend Hunter for a similar effect with creatures.
Rally the Ancestors was suggested for the instant effect. It's a way to possibly block your opponent's that have overwhelmed you, and another outlet to get your creatures back.
Have fun with the deck man.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs Cursed||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
- If I have 2x Oblivion Ring, and 1 Captain of the Watch, can I make infinite soldier tokens?
- Infinite reflection with Fiend hunter out?
- Will Turn to Frog stop a creature returning from Banisher Priest
- Strionic Resonator + Fiend Hunter
- How does portcullis interact with enter the battlefield destroy effects?
- Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Ashnod's Altar + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + Highway Robber
- Fiend Hunter + Phyrexian Altar + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Fiend Hunter + Strionic Resonator
- Fiend Hunter + Roon of the Hidden Realm
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Nim Deathmantle
- Fiend Hunter + Soul Warden
- Blood Artist + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Evangel of Heliod + Fiend Hunter + Stormfront Riders
- Fiend Hunter + Reveillark
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Starlit Sanctum
- Fiend Hunter + Goblin Bombardment + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Restoration Angel
- Brago, King Eternal + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + Mirror Entity
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Temur Sabertooth