Creature — Human Cleric
When Fiend Hunter enters the battlefield, you may exile another target creature.
When Fiend Hunter leaves the battlefield, return exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.1||$0.3||$0.79||$2.04||0.26 TIX||0.08 TIX|
|Have (17)||saj0219 , Raistlin911822 , HavokX , jwe94 , rockleemyhero , jpv , sami4400 , PackAttack91 , balchj , Comicalflop , DarkPhoenixMishima , rexxxif , jimykid86 , apailhorseneameddeath , CookieJedi , AzulHunter , caprioG04|
Fiend Hunter Discussion
10 hours ago
16 hours ago
Banisher Priest and Fiend Hunter are ok but not fantastic. Obviously if the opponent removes them then they do get their card back, but that requires them actually having removal. Generally enchantments are harder to remove than creatures so Journey to Nowhere, Oblivion Ring and Detention Sphere are better in my opinion.
2 days ago
how about adding Angel of Glory's Rise and Fiend Hunter? If you exile Angel of Glory's Rise with Fiend Hunter's ability, then any field nukes or creatures with annihilator that show up won't be much of a problem.
3 days ago
Great description, +1.
I run a Roon of the Hidden Realm-list with Karmic Guide, Reveillark, Saffi Eriksdotter and Fiend Hunter, but I'm not sure if I should add in a sac outlet. Is their utility good enough independent of the combo? Will it be worth it in a non-reanimation-strategy?
5 days ago
I'll definitely be referencing this list as i put together my preliminary Marath, Will of the Wild deck. I think that you should try to hedge a little harder on a turn two Marath - I play about 4 1-mana dorks in my Jenara, Asura of War deck and so far a second turn 3-mana leader has been fairly difficult for opponents to deal with. Maybe Avacyn's Pilgrim would be a good fit here?
I also think that Thalia, Guardian of Thraben seems like more a side-board option, especially in a format that is heavily dependent on creature combat as a win-con.
Some other creatures that i've had excellent success with so far are: Knight of the Reliquary (digs for both + , Fiend Hunter (great removal option with a body), Strangleroot Geist (needs more than just a one for one answer) and Blade Splicer.
6 days ago
I feel like you should revisit this one. Less Fiend Hunter and more Oblivion Ring. Landkill could really work for you here. Boom/Bust is great early game and late game- especially if you include rocks like Boros Signet. Pacifism should be taken out to make more room for Isochron Scepters...
Cards like Isochron Scepter, Balefire Liege, and Ensnaring Bridge require investment in their strategies. The less low cost instants you have in your deck, the less powerful these cards are. In my opinion, if you have Isochron Scepter in your deck, you need the full playset and a board built around it or none at all. The same goes for Ensnaring Bridge. Balefire Liege is more lenient in that it doesn't require low cost spells or dumping your hand- you could foreseeably use a weenie strategy and still kick ass.
1 week ago
Progenitor Mimic vs Conjurer's Closet is interesting. I don't play Progenitor Mimic in this deck personally, because 6 mana is pretty high (so is 5), but it does seem better because it has an immediate impact, and it's more abuse-able.
Trostani's Summoner seems better now that you've described it here. I will say that while it might be a good include for your current build, it just isn't powerful enough for a 7 drop in my build. You may find as your deck gets faster that this card isn't efficient enough.
If you just added Mana Vault, then definitely leave it. It's extremely important to test new cards and ideas.
In your sideboard:
Nature's Claim is good, but creature density is important in this deck, so I would tend not to include this.
Creature removal that isn't Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, or a creature: Don't play it.
Beast Within is super helpful for me. Good to have an answer to Torpor Orb or Hushwing Gryff.
Nevermaker has been great for me.
Body Double and Mystic Snake are both strong.
The rest of those cards are iffy.
@obitus I understand that interaction. I was just referring to if you have Phyrexian Altar in play, Fiend Hunter in your GY, and Karmic Guide in hand: play guide, returning hunter, exile guide, sac hunter, guide returns, get hunter, exile guide, sac hunter, guide returns...you get the idea. It generates infinite mana.
In the context of combos for Roon, Phyrexian Altar is better than Ashnod's Altar because if they are both generating infinite mana, then Phyrexian Altar makes it colored. This isn't usually relevant, unless you've tapped out to make the combo happen, and you want to cast a Blue Sun's Zenith to kill someone. Ashnod's Altar is frequently better, but in this instance, the extra mana is irrelevant. It's there to both provide a combo and prevent your creatures from getting exiled. They are largely interchangeable though.
Mystic Snake is good, the only problem is if you don't have the engines to flicker it at instant speed, then that ability isn't as useful as it seems on paper. It is worth play though, and I agree with you that it's a pretty strong include.
1 week ago
Lets assume Gilded Drake is on the field, and you cast Fiend Hunter. Run the Karmic Guide and Reveillark loop through Ashnod's Altar and let Fiend Hunter is your second choice from Reveillark's trigger.
Now Fiend Hunter can enter the battlefield multiple times hence targeting any creature it wants. Namely you would target creatures with power greater than two because you can not fit them into your Karmic Guide and Reveillark loop.
|Power / Toughness||1/3|
|Avg. draft pick||1.74|
|Avg. cube pick||6.26|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
- If I have 2x Oblivion Ring, and 1 Captain of the Watch, can I make infinite soldier tokens?
- Infinite reflection with Fiend hunter out?
- Will Turn to Frog stop a creature returning from Banisher Priest
- Strionic Resonator + Fiend Hunter
- How does portcullis interact with enter the battlefield destroy effects?
- Blasting Station + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Blasting Station + Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide + Phyrexian Altar
- Karmic Guide + Fiend Hunter
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Greater Good + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Greater Good + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Phyrexian Altar + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan + Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide + Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
- Fiend Hunter + Restoration Angel
- Banisher Priest + Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Goblin Bombardment + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + Highway Robber
- Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Starlit Sanctum
- Fiend Hunter + Gideon, Champion of Justice + Oblivion Ring
- Fiend Hunter + Saving Grasp
- Fiend Hunter + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Gilded Drake + Fiend Hunter
- Thragtusk + Fiend Hunter
- Brutalizer Exarch + Fiend Hunter
- Palinchron + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Serenity + Fiend Hunter
- Terastodon + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Nim Deathmantle
- Fiend Hunter + Triad of Fates
- Fiend Hunter + Strionic Resonator
- Fiend Hunter + Deadwood Treefolk
- Chancellor of the Spires + Fiend Hunter
- Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Flickerwisp + Wormfang Drake
- Fiend Hunter + Reveillark
- Ashnod's Altar + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Soul Warden
- Evangel of Heliod + Fiend Hunter + Stormfront Riders
- Fiend Hunter + Ixidron
- Fiend Hunter + Leonin Relic-Warder + Oblivion Ring
- Blood Artist + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan + Viscera Seer
- Brago, King Eternal + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Gilded Drake