Creature — Human Cleric
When Fiend Hunter enters the battlefield, you may exile another target creature.
When Fiend Hunter leaves the battlefield, return exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fiend Hunter Discussion
3 hours ago
I'm really liking this ... so far I've done a pre-board match of 3 wins with a new weird CoCo creature control against an affinity deck. It's basically my original meta hate idea, except stick all that in the side, and main Fiend Hunter, Athreos, God of Passage and Flickerwisp. Such fun.
20 hours ago
I like + .
Giant enters, fetches Pattern of Rebirth.
Sac Giant, fetch Karmic Guide. Reanimate Giant and Pattern.
Sac Giant, fetch Fiend Hunter. Exile Karmic.
Sac Fiend Hunter. Guide re-enters, recurs Giant and Pattern.
Sac Guide, sac Giant, fetch Reveillark.
Fetch any number of creatures in your deck or just win whenever. It's fun.
6 days ago
While you run Academy Rector yes, you have no way of killing it other than a wrath. And its not the kind of creature people are going to block. Cards like High Market and Miren, the Moaning Well are both good in that they give you a sac outlet without having to waste a nonland slot.
As for win conditions, Tunnel Vision is bad. While you can kill one player, it feels clunky to set up. Not to mention, if they're running Eldrazi Titans then you're screwed.
You have a few options as far as I see it:
Go the Voltron Route - Enchantment up your general once you have a soft lock. Start beating down on players using things like Sovereigns of Lost Alara to fetch auras like Battle Mastery, Steel of the Godhead and Eldrazi Conscription and just go for fast commadner damage.
Sun Titan + Fiend Hunter + Blasting Station / Karmic Guide + Reveillark + Blasting Station - Very commonly used graveyard combo. Good in that all fothe pieces (except Blasting Station) are utility in their own right.
These are a few good combos that I have seen around (or run myself). Unfortunately Grand Arbiter doesn't really lend himself to a particular win con, so you will need to be a bit creative.
1 week ago
Great read on kiki control. I loved his play of untapping his land for red Mana so he could bolt Fiend Hunter.
1 week ago
Technically this is incorrect. You can abuse o-ring with blink effects, but only if those effects happen in response to Oblivion Ring entering the battlefield. Fiend Hunter works in a similar way. Basically this works because o-rings abilities are separate. You cast oblivion ring, and it's ETB goes on the stack. You then respond to the o-ring ETB by getting rid of it someway (exile, blink, sacrifice, destroy, etc.) Then Oblivion Ring's LTB will go onto the stack ON TOP of it's ETB. stack resolves, returning the nonland permanent (which is still on the battlefield) to the battlefield, which effectively does nothing. Then the exile trigger resolves, permanently exiling the ... err ... permanent. Unfortunately, brago's ability cant respond to anything, since it happens at a set time. If somehow you could cast Oblivion Ring as though it had flash AND if you could activate Strionic Resonator, copying brago's ability in response to said o-ring's ETB, THEN you could get the extra value. But at that point I'd rather just play Mangara of Corondor or something else that permanently exiles.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I moved Thalia, Guardian of Thraben to the side in against more spell-heavy decks in addition to Vryn Wingmare. I only put in one Myr Superion since he is only useful off of Collected Company. I couldn't decide between Banisher Priest and Fiend Hunter so I put in both. Finally, I don't know how I overlooked AEther Vial, great card!
|Power / Toughness||1/3|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
- If I have 2x Oblivion Ring, and 1 Captain of the Watch, can I make infinite soldier tokens?
- Infinite reflection with Fiend hunter out?
- Will Turn to Frog stop a creature returning from Banisher Priest
- Strionic Resonator + Fiend Hunter
- How does portcullis interact with enter the battlefield destroy effects?
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Phyrexian Altar + Sun Titan
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Reveillark
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Strionic Resonator
- Fiend Hunter + Nim Deathmantle
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + Mirror Entity
- Fiend Hunter + Starlit Sanctum
- Fiend Hunter + Roon of the Hidden Realm
- Fiend Hunter + Goblin Bombardment + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Soul Warden
- Blood Artist + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Evangel of Heliod + Fiend Hunter + Stormfront Riders
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Restoration Angel
- Brago, King Eternal + Fiend Hunter
- Ashnod's Altar + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Temur Sabertooth