Creature — Human Cleric
When Fiend Hunter enters the battlefield, you may exile another target creature.
When Fiend Hunter leaves the battlefield, return exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.22 TIX||0.08 TIX|
|Have (38)||Xathrid845 , CelineT , AlphaTDog , Comicalflop , gruvyslushytruk , danman5550 , Alizer313 , ewills5089 , BirkaBirkowski , alphaword1283 , AzulHunter , aebtoga18 , starsaremyocean , rache , Wizard of the Damned , darkark12 , Raistlin911822 , HavokX , JIV_IV , rikufodder , lucyfarrell , SketchMix , attak , HorrorAvengers , Virlym , caprioG04 , shadowhound14 , jwe94 , Kamotz , Metia , magnetofqwert , Braxlyon , Goody , rockleemyhero , webdokkeren , SmarmyDog , CookieJedi , saj0219|
Fiend Hunter Discussion
8 hours ago
quesobueno123 I never drafted Innistrad so im not very sure about the limited format, but i guess Think Twice, Spectral Flight, Spare from Evil, Selfless Cathar, Doomed Traveler, Delver of Secrets Flip, Spectral Rider, Invisible Stalker, Curiosity and Fiend Hunter are good cards..
4 days ago
I win through combo, but I don't want too many combos. When there are too many different combos, it dilutes the deck and I draw into too many random cards that don't interact with anything else. For that reason, I do not play Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Triskelion.
I already have 3 effects for Ivy Lane Denizen, and I don't really need a fourth.
Tooth and Nail is only good if I play the Mike&Trike combo.
I don't really need or want Gift of Immortality. I don't have very much reanimation because this is not a reanimator deck, but I do have some for utility purposes, and they do a better job than Gift of Immortality.
I used to play Teysa, Orzhov Scion as my commander before I decided Ghave was more fun. She requires a different, though similar, strategy, and usually wins with Blasting Station, which I already cut because it wasn't an effective sac outlet in this deck.
Genesis Wave doesn't do much here without much ramp. I doubt I'll ever cast it for more than 10, and that's the absolute max. GWave needs to be at least 20 to be effective.
The cards from your suggestions I'm considering are Falkenrath Noble, Fiend Hunter, and Academy Rector. It's always nice to have a second Blood Artist and I feel like I can do some perma-exile shenanigans with Fiend Hunter.
Academy Rector is a bit iffy because it's pricey, and has a conditional effect. I may get it at some later point, but probably no time soon.
4 days ago
you could also run Altar of the Brood just incase of blood artist dying early game.
just as a good card suggestion Academy Rector looks like a really big help in this deck as well. good utility.
5 days ago
5 days ago
Just drop Karmic Guide and Fiend Hunter/Faceless Butcher in your graveyard, swing with Alesha reanimating Karmic Guide reanimating one of the other two, and proceed to win the game off of a sacrifice loop. Blasting Station would work too in a pinch.
5 days ago
Fiend Hunter doesn't do anything as it enters the battlefield. "As ~ enters the battlefield" denotes a replacement effect that modifies how the permanent enters.
5 days ago
Your hand, assuming that you played it correctly. Basically, the ideal play in this instance would likely be to let your opponent's Fiend Hunter resolve. The Hunter's ability triggers, and your opponent targets Chasm Skulker with it. In response, before that ability has a chance to resolve, you cast Quickling. Assuming that your opponent does nothing, the Quickling will resolve and its ability will trigger. Since that ability is at the top of the stack, it resolves first (allowing you to return the Skulker to your hand). The Hunter's ability then tries to resolve, but gets countered by the game rules because all of its targets have been made illegal (since the Skulker is no longer on the battlefield, it is no longer a targetable creature).
5 days ago
Does skulker get exiled or does it come back to my ha d. Thanks.
|Power / Toughness||1/3|
|Avg. draft pick||1.71|
|Avg. cube pick||6.2|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
- If I have 2x Oblivion Ring, and 1 Captain of the Watch, can I make infinite soldier tokens?
- Infinite reflection with Fiend hunter out?
- Will Turn to Frog stop a creature returning from Banisher Priest
- Strionic Resonator + Fiend Hunter
- How does portcullis interact with enter the battlefield destroy effects?
- Blasting Station + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Blasting Station + Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide + Phyrexian Altar
- Karmic Guide + Fiend Hunter
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Greater Good + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Greater Good + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Phyrexian Altar + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan + Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide + Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
- Fiend Hunter + Restoration Angel
- Banisher Priest + Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Goblin Bombardment + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + Highway Robber
- Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Starlit Sanctum
- Fiend Hunter + Gideon, Champion of Justice + Oblivion Ring
- Fiend Hunter + Saving Grasp
- Fiend Hunter + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Gilded Drake + Fiend Hunter
- Thragtusk + Fiend Hunter
- Brutalizer Exarch + Fiend Hunter
- Palinchron + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Serenity + Fiend Hunter
- Terastodon + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Nim Deathmantle
- Fiend Hunter + Triad of Fates
- Fiend Hunter + Strionic Resonator
- Fiend Hunter + Deadwood Treefolk
- Chancellor of the Spires + Fiend Hunter
- Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Flickerwisp + Wormfang Drake