Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.1||$0.25||$0.74||$2.03||0.21 TIX||0.08 TIX|
|Have (20)||CookieJedi , jwe94 , saj0219 , Raistlin911822 , jpv , HavokX , caprioG04 , AzulHunter , apailhorseneameddeath , jimykid86 , DarkPhoenixMishima , balchj , PackAttack91 , rexxxif , rockleemyhero , Comicalflop , sami4400 , Kratos216 , greycross , Fairseas|
Fiend Hunter Discussion
4 days ago
I would maybe cut Umbra Mystic and Dauntless Escort for Boar Umbra and Bear Umbra since they both give the same protection your looking for with the 2 creatures and they make a better voltron. I also would drop Mirran Crusader since the pro green is counter productive to your auras. Maybe bring in a Courser of Kruphix or an Oracle of Mul Daya instead for the draw filtering. Fyndhorn Elves is not really the best mana dork in town, i would maybe recommend Joraga Treespeaker since you can put Sigarda on turn 3 with it. The Day of Judgment could be replaced with a Winds of Rath wich is cheap for the advantage it gives you most of the time.
Eternal Witness is kinda a staple in green and is even better if you bring in a Flickerform as either evasion or combo with other ETB cards such as your Fiend Hunter, and if you really want to be hated with that aura, put it on an Acidic Slime.Your Mana Tithe and Savage Summoning are there because I'm guessing that there is a lot of control in your playgroup, but I'd say it's a bit overkill and not always relevant, with this kind of deck i'm more in the mindset of putting more enchantments with synergy and letting the other player trying to deal with these, since enchantment removal isn't such a big part of most players in EDH. Like putting a Luminarch Ascension and with your Dueling Grounds it's a good enchantment since once it's on you have infinite blockers and attackers and you don't fear wraths or removal anymore. You can also go for Sigil of the Empty Throne but the mana cost is turning me down.
Sorry for the long text so here's my +1 and come and check my take on 1v1 Sigarda if you want! I've been piloting it and updating it for 2 years now :D Sigarda, French Banlist commander duel
4 days ago
Have you thought about using Fiend Hunter? if you have a sac outlet, you can sacrifice it in response to the trigger, permanently exiling the creature. Then you can recur him and do it all again!
4 days ago
I'm finding that Cartel Aristocrat is good against burn, and that Fiend Hunter can stave off big threats as you can Chord for it, on trigger sac it, and permanently exile a large threat (like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn on turn 3 as a worst case scenario).
These recommendations are strictly one-ofs in the 75.
Voice of Resurgence proooobably should be here somewhere but if you're running well... eh.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for being sane and running Blood Artist +1 for that.
1 week ago
Also Fiend Hunter is more flavorful.
1 week ago
Banisher Priest is way worse than Fiend Hunter because of the way they changed the wording on the ability means you can't flicker it while the trigger is on the stack to permanently exile a creature. Also, you can't target your own creatures with it.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Just for a benchmark, I will give the numbers I use. These are no way the best configuration, it is just currently what I am running according to my meta.
Draw : 6%, Flicker: 7%, Utility: 8%, Mana: 9%, Tutor: 10%, Land: 33%, and Toolbox: 26%
Draw: 3%, Utility: 11%, Land: 33%, and Toolbox: 36%
We need to get your draw package up, whats the point of having answers if you can not get to them.
Look at what other people are doing and add cards that you like. Pick creatures that you can blink easily or enchantments that will net you cards. Cards like Rhystic Study, Sylvan Library, Mulldrifter, etc...
Tutors: 2%, I only see two cards. I would invest in more tutors if I was you. You want to be able to search for answers when you need too. That is what makes a toolbox effect, being able to get to answers on the spot. Otherwise your top decking for solutions.
I did not count your flicker abilities cause that is something that I think is subjective.
Ramp: Your ramp package at a glance seems good, your at 11%. I don't count Eladamri's Call as ramp, I count that as a tutor. I noticed you misplaced a few cards in other categories as well.
This being said, I will not tell you what to cut. I hate when people tell me what to cut and so I refuse to tell others.
I will however tell you my experience with some of your choices and give suggestions:
Augury Owl: I use land to scry, so I never really used a creature before. I know there is one creature that has a nested scry effect. You scry 1, then scry 2, and then scry 3. Look up scry on the gatherer and you will know immediately which one I am talking about.
Banisher Priest: I like creatures that exile, but look for creatures with two paragraphs in their ruling. You can manipulate the stack more when text ruling is split vs a single paragraph. For example, you take a look at Fiend Hunter. You can do funny tricks with that guy.
If your going for the Karmic/Reveillark combo then this next bit may interest you.
Reveillark: Returns us creatures with power 2 or less.
Mirror Entity: Its a sac outlet that you can trigger a 1000 times on the stack if you wish.
Ashnod's Altar: It is another sac outlet that provides you mana as well.
1 week ago
Okay thank you for the clairification. I'm still a little bit confused though. I'll give a scenario to see if this works like I think it's able to or not. So I swing with Brago, King Eternal I choose to exile my Oblivion Ring then return it to the battlefield. What happens to the card that was originally exiled under the oblivion ring? Would it return to the battlefield based on o-ring leaving or would it be exiled still upon returning the o-ring to the battlefield before the leaves the battlefield trigger resolves? Also would this work the same with a Fiend Hunter?
|Power / Toughness||1/3|
|Avg. draft pick||1.79|
|Avg. cube pick||6.27|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
- If I have 2x Oblivion Ring, and 1 Captain of the Watch, can I make infinite soldier tokens?
- Infinite reflection with Fiend hunter out?
- Will Turn to Frog stop a creature returning from Banisher Priest
- Strionic Resonator + Fiend Hunter
- How does portcullis interact with enter the battlefield destroy effects?
- Blasting Station + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Blasting Station + Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide + Phyrexian Altar
- Karmic Guide + Fiend Hunter
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Altar of Dementia + Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Greater Good + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Greater Good + Karmic Guide
- Fiend Hunter + Phyrexian Altar + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan + Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide + Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
- Fiend Hunter + Restoration Angel
- Banisher Priest + Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Goblin Bombardment + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Karmic Guide
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Glory's Rise + Fiend Hunter + Highway Robber
- Fiend Hunter + Soul's Attendant
- Fiend Hunter + Starlit Sanctum
- Fiend Hunter + Gideon, Champion of Justice + Oblivion Ring
- Fiend Hunter + Saving Grasp
- Fiend Hunter + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Gilded Drake + Fiend Hunter
- Thragtusk + Fiend Hunter
- Brutalizer Exarch + Fiend Hunter
- Palinchron + Fiend Hunter
- Angel of Serenity + Fiend Hunter
- Terastodon + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Nim Deathmantle
- Fiend Hunter + Triad of Fates
- Fiend Hunter + Strionic Resonator
- Fiend Hunter + Deadwood Treefolk
- Chancellor of the Spires + Fiend Hunter
- Cartel Aristocrat + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Craterhoof Behemoth + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Flickerwisp + Wormfang Drake
- Fiend Hunter + Reveillark
- Ashnod's Altar + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Soul Warden
- Evangel of Heliod + Fiend Hunter + Stormfront Riders
- Fiend Hunter + Ixidron
- Fiend Hunter + Leonin Relic-Warder + Oblivion Ring
- Blood Artist + Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan
- Fiend Hunter + Sun Titan + Viscera Seer
- Brago, King Eternal + Fiend Hunter
- Fiend Hunter + Gilded Drake
- Eternal Witness + Fiend Hunter + Ghostly Flicker