|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Choose one —
- Target player sacrifices an artifact.
- Target player sacrifices a creature.
- Target player sacrifices a planeswalker.
Angrath's Rampage Discussion
2 weeks ago
I agree that Widespread Brutality is the worst of those three options without a 6/6 Zombie Army. I playtested now, and would probably just drop the Dreadhorde Invasion for 3x Bedevil . Your mana base has the flexibility for it. If you are worried, you could go for Angrath's Rampage instead, which also has a lot of value in your colors. How does this deck run against Mono Red? If it struggles, Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice has won me a lot of games by itself in that match. If no struggle, then nevermind.
As far as that 4th SB slot, +1 Vraska's Contempt is never a bad choice while Phoenixes and Planeswalkers are big in the format.
3 weeks ago
Might I recommend Cruel Celebrant to help ping out with Judith while giving yourself life. Also, Goblin Cratermaker while a possibly good card will only really help with Ugin, the Ineffable in this current standard rotation, unless I'm forgetting something else. I would throw in something like Angrath's Rampage or Bedevil .
3 weeks ago
Heyo! I've been out of standard for a while (aside from MTGA), so take my suggestions with a grain of salt, but I think you've got a pretty good base going, especially since you say you're new to magic. Bear with me here, since I don't know what you count as "budget", so I'm going to assume anything below $5. So lets get to the changes:
Open the Graves - This one is a little less easy, I haven't playtested the deck so I don't know the mileage you get from it, but here are my issues - First, it's 5 mana. It's the only card at this cost and it tops off your list. Second, it doesn't do anything when it comes down to help you win. Third, it relies on you have a board that is dying, so you can get value off of it.
Blood Divination - There are cheaper alternatives you could go for here.
Recover - This card basically does nothing. It costs 3 mana and doesn't really bring you closer to winning. The card draw is nice, but I'm sure tehre are better options.
Graveyard Marshal - Eats your bodies to make more zombies allowing you to go wide - $.50
Vizier of the Scorpion - Creates a zombie and provides your tokens with deathtouch if you decide to keep Vraska - $.10
Josu Vess, Lich Knight - now I'll admit this one is a bit out there, but it is a zombie, it has menace, it has a decent body for the cost and assuming you make it to the late late late game, it's a great finisher. This is my lowest recommendation though.
Costly Plunder - Draws 2 instead of 3, but is an instant so you can respond to creature removal by casting it. It's also half the cost. - $.10
Lastly, you may want to consider adding more Cast Down s, drop the land count by one (if you're dropping the 5 mana slot), and lastly Dragonskull Summit for mana fixing (these are about $5 each). Thaaaaat's everything, I think.
3 weeks ago
I really like Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God and want to see him stay, so I suggest taking out some of the cards that really want a color that is not black, such as Cryptic Command , Vendilion Clique , and Sweltering Suns .
The counter spells and instant speed interaction like Vendilion Clique and Countersquall adds something to the deck, but shouldn't be the focus of it. Instead I think Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God would do best in a sort of Grixis-that-feels-like-Jund list that wants to make sure the coast is clear with removal and discard before slamming an unstoppable threat and winning.
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet - great all around threat which works well with removal and gets better as the game goes on.
- Liliana of the Veil - runs down your opponents' resources.
- Gurmag Angler - "cheap" threat
- Death's Shadow - most shadow decks are very aggressive, but as control decks run low on life generally, it may be a fine way to close out the game while freeing up the rest of your mana for removal or card draw. Would require some relatively major changes to the deck though.
- Cryptic Command - too blue intensive
- Vendilion Clique - too blue intensive and not a strong enough threat
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor - too blue intensive and cards like Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet would be better for the mana and as a threat
- Sweltering Suns - red intensive, but also objectively worse than Anger of the Gods in a Arclight Phoenix and Bloodghast meta.
- Countersquall - Mana Leak should probably be your only counter as life doesn't really matter for you and there are many creature heavy decks running around, but also it just doesn't fit with the discard/removal + slam a threat game plan.
- Opt - blue card draw and selection is one of the biggest reasons to play blue, and I think Opt and Serum Visions would be good for smoothing out your mana, curve, and finding the answers you need.
- Angrath's Rampage - good removal that people won't expect
- Kolaghan's Command - 2 for 1
- Search for Azcanta Flip - good blue card advantage engine
- Snapcaster Mage - just good value
- Terminate - good removal
4 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Pretty high cmc. Seems as though aggro decks would tear through this list. Maybe consider Cry of the Carnarium , Golden Demise and/or Ritual of Soot . Dunno how I feel about Tibalt's Rager , Footlight Fiend feels better in this deck considering you have no 1 cmc cards. Although, to be honest, more mainboard Thought Erasure / Angrath's Rampage s seem even better then both.
1 month ago
Struyk Thanks bud! Actually got a couple out. Beast Within , Thran Dynamo , Sire of Stagnation (Thank you so much for pointing out it's colorless xD), Hadana's Climb Flip, Journey to Eternity Flip are out. Actually decided to keep Kruphix, God of Horizons , Sphinx's Revelation and Detention Sphere for the moment but probably i'll get them out too once I found something else to put.
I'll keep Mirari's Wake . Doubling my mana, in 5 color, help me so much! I don't get mana screwed if I play 2-3 spells in the same turn with this (as it can happens without]. Rakdos Charm is a personnal choice I guess. There's a lot of token deck in my playgroup, and it can one shot a player easily for 2 mana, which is good imo and it stop reanimate too! (YAY, RIP The Mimeoplasm and Meren of Clan Nel Toth ) Thought Vessel seems good to me too. Having a second Reliquary Tower is not bad I think.
I'll stay tuned to your future upgrades :)
1 month ago
A couple thoughts :) Hopefully some tickle your fancy, and fit your budget.
We probably should drill down to the important creatures, and really weigh which ones have the best impact / best efficiency and cut the others. We need to focus on the mana curve, too, to keep the deck running efficiently. And of course, that means control, too.
- Ilharg, the Raze-Boar is amazing, but due to it's high cost, is perfect at 2x copies. Every other creature on this list should really have good synergy with it.
- Dreadhorde Butcher , I believe, is going to wreck. It has a reasonable floor and an ultra high ceiling. With the haste, low CMC, and death trigger, it will always have value. I see 4x copies easily.
- Etali, Primal Storm is great, particularly when paired with the Raze-Boar. However, this should be the very tip top of your aggro curve, and probably should be at 1x copy.
- Grim Initiate is the beginning of your curve, and has good value for a one drop. Run 4x. The fact that it can replace itself and consistently keep the pressure is gold.
- Dreadmalkin is a kitty. Kitties are great, and so is this one. The sacrificing ability is great even in the late game. However, you'll have to sink a lot of mana into this. A possibly better replace is Diregraf Ghoul but ain't bad!
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin is a three drop, and you don't have any of those. He pairs excellently with the Raze-Boar, too!
- Massacre Girl might work soooo well here as a 1x copy. Not entirely sure, but it'll be hilariously fun lol
- Lava Coil , Bedevil , Cast Down , or Jaya's Greeting are incredibly efficient and will work a lot faster than Flames of the Raze-Boar . Specifically Bedevil, which is just an insane card.
- Costly Plunder or Tormenting Voice just cause card draw in an aggro deck is critical to not running out of gas.
- Angrath's Rampage is gonna be a staple sideboard card. Not always relevant, so I wouldn't run it MB
- Hilariously, Tibalt, Rakish Instigator might be able to find it's way here.
Anyway, just a few thoughts. Basically vomited a bunch of cards, so I apologize if they're not the best suggestions xP
No data for this card yet.