Artifact Creature — Zombie
When Tidehollow Sculler enters the battlefield, target opponent reveals his or her hand and you choose a nonland card from it. Exile that card.
When Tidehollow Sculler leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to its owner's hand.
Printings View all
|Modern Event Deck (MD1)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Tidehollow Sculler occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Tidehollow Sculler Discussion
2 months ago
- Settle is nice with kaya but if you are only running one the odds aren't to amazing you will have both out. I would also note that having more than 2 copies of a planes walker isn't great. Drawing the 3rd or 4th copy in a match is annoying being its most likely a dead card. I would consider just pulling some copies out and putting in more cards to react to my opponents board or have ways to protect my stuff.
- Also being you are running only 4 fetches Leonin Arbiter might not be bad.
- I will say when I build competive decks I usually only run 3 basics usually. Its what I see in other decks as well so that is also something to consider.
- As for RIP I would probably board out Lingering souls. When playing against dredge that Rest in Peace resolving will win you the game on turn 2. If they get removal for it it slows them down which is what your deck wants.
- Worship Is also a card that can just win games.But you would want more ways to get creatures.
- Collective Brutality there are two kinds of decks that play this card: Decks with high amounts of card advantage, and decks that have synergies with graveyards. Your deck is neither. It doesn't make a big Tarmogoyf . You also dont have lots of card draw so the card is less powerful.
- Liliana of the Veil is another planeswalker that can help with removal. Its plus one is a downside when fighting blue card draw so it would be a card to board out.
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can help as well
- Tidehollow Sculler is amazing in your colors.
- Deploy the Gatewatch if you can last to turn 6 often feels amazing.
- Those are just some more thoughts. I hope I have been helpful
3 months ago
4 months ago
lagotripha Thanks for the comment!
I see your point, and Blood Baron of Vizkopa can be a good closer, but I feel it would be a better sideboard card. I feel as though the Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord argument is kind of the same as it is for Liliana, the Last Hope , neither really affects board state immensely--however Sorin combos well with Gideon, Ally of Zendikar . My thoughts were to board in Liliana, the Last Hope when going up against Humans or something else tribal, as her abilities beyond +1 also don't do as much. Both her an Sorin can be useful if I board in Tidehollow Sculler . I just like the stabilizing power of Sorin. Would you still disagree here?
4 months ago
I don't understand what these cards do for you. Wheel of Fortune Fevered Visions Well of Ideas Zur's Weirding Dire Fleet Hoarder Jace's Archivist Pitiless Plunderer Howling Mine Temple Bell Venser's Journal Revitalize Minds Aglow
Maybe add: Metalworker Voltaic Key Forcefield Ethersworn Canonist Phyrexian Metamorph Karn, Silver Golem Tidehollow Sculler Mindslaver Vault of Whispers Hex Parasite Crawlspace Ancient Den Vedalken Orrery Batterskull Clock of Omens Triskelion Time Sieve Scourglass Stuffy Doll Nim Deathmantle Magister Sphinx Worldslayer Norn's Annex Darksteel Forge Tidehollow Strix Soul Conduit Darksteel Myr Sol Ring War Report Mycosynth Lattice
Oh, and land.
4 months ago
3x Path to Exile (duel decks venser vs. koth)
4 months ago
I really like this one. I have a similar Mardu Shadow although I run things a bit differently.
I run a playset of Dreadhorde Arcanist and a single copy of Giver of Runes that I can tutor it with Ranger-Captain of Eos which is great. I run Lightning Bolt and Dismember instead of full playsets of Tidehollow Sculler and Path to Exile so I can lower my life total and not rely on white to heavily. I have the Hex Parasite 's on the sideboard. I use Spellskite instead for extra protection along with a couple of Seasoned Pyromancer 's for card advantage.
5 months ago
I would cut these cards for more Tutors, Clones, Draws, Counters and Mana Rocks. You are aiming to be a combo deck, but has a few value cards in there that doesn't really fit the idea or simply go in an opposing direction.
As a combo deck, you need to be able to dig your library for the combo pieces and answers. Creature Clones with Felidar offer another way of comboing with Knight and Altar that doesn't need Aminatou, while also being generally useful.
Call for Unity
-> Doesn't help your game plan
Future Sight -> 5 mana is a lot, UUU is a lot and you can't abuse this
Scheming Symmetry -> if anyone answers your tutored card, you just gave a free tutor to an opponent
Rite of Replication -> Clone tokens can't combo with Felidar
Finale of Revelation -> Sorcery, you probably won't be paying x=10+
Akroma's Vengeance -> 6 mana for a wipe with no extra is too much, even more so considering you like your mana rocks.
Ashiok, Dream Render -> not having flash hurts this a LOT, while also making you a target for the rest of the table.
Tidehollow Sculler -> discard isn't that great on multiplayer and can't be abused by your usual flickers
Thalia's Lancers -> Too slow for a tutor, few impactful targets
Sphinx of Uthuun -> Flickering this is nice, high CMC isn't
Oona, Queen of the Fae -> Not very useful unless you have infinite mana, which you won't be having most of the time
Cavalier of Gales -> UUU is heavy, payoff is OK
Agent of Treachery -> high CMC
Reliquary Tower -> You don't really need this effect
Eldrazi Displacer -> You have 5 cards that generate Colorless and little ways of tutoring them, will be useless in quite a few matches. Of those 5, 4 are lands, so your chance of comboing with Peregrine Drake are even lower. The card is really strong, I wouldn't cut him, but I would adjust your manabase to have more Colorless sources. The panoramas for example are nice ways of having Colorless sources while still being able to fetch your colored lands.
6 months ago
I would cut your enchantments and the Ghoulcaller's Chant s. In my experience, cards that synergize with zombies but aren't zombies themselves aren't as good as just playing more zombies. Havengul Lich should go as well since its cmc is too high, and there are better removal spells than Celestial Flare . Your deck is also missing Tidehollow Sculler .
All in all, I suggest these changes:
-4 enchantments; +4 Tidehollow Sculler