|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
Awaken 4— (If you cast this spell for , also put four +1/+1 counters on target land you control and it becomes a 0/0 Elemental creature with haste. It's still a land.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (46)||rebelteddybear , ibraJG84 , Caldazar , ironax , Lucretian , Nebman227 , Wolfebladeelite , NobleSlay3r , 8vomit , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Pelli , TheRealPeaches , Dyobsemaj , Archegos , pskinn01 , Spinalripper , jstn.mrrtt , CampbellStev , duff87 , philktoken8998 , Skydra2 , MattN7498 , mziter501 , Unlife , Mortiferus_Rosa , SoggyGecko , Lindough , CAPT.Shock , Ellyreia , Borg0th , Kravian , ThisIsBullshit , Snydog17 , joshw335 , Grantley91 , KB2187 , ecurps , Espi14 , GoldGhost012 , Dawnsly , golgarigirl , TrackerD , Doom_of_Valyria , TheAnnihilator , PhotogenicParasympathetic , DudeMan1031|
Ruinous Path Discussion
3 weeks ago
I agree, ramping in Grixis isn't easy. Mana rocks for days. I'd say a Dimir Signet would help you out more, yeah.
Reign of the Pit is cute, but I would say CM takes the cake. While it doesn't hit every player, it's a gut punch to a single player that's hard to recover from, even in Commander.
Refuse / Cooperate is also not great. If you want to copy things, the way to go is ultimately gonna be Reiterate. If you hardcast it, then pay the Buyback cost when you cast it from the graveyard, it'll go back to your hand instead of exile! Helps get a bit more oomph out of every card.
Go for the Throat and Walk the Plank are decent, but I'd consider upgrading to a planeswalker autokill, like Dreadbore, Hero's Downfall, or Ruinous Path if you can. If you want to go even more battlecruiser, Phthisis is slow, cumbersome, and expensive -- but in Commander, it can hit like a bag of bricks.
1 month ago
Looks like a good start...For a cheap upgrade I would squeeze in 1 or 2 Hero's Downfall and/or Ruinous Path to deal with Planeswalkers. Adding Exquisite Blood will get you an infinite life-gain/life-loss combo with Sanguine Bond. Demon's Horn doesn't really help you win games, only prolongs them. I would replace them with another Sign in Blood and something like Geth's Verdict or Dash Hopes.
1 month ago
In general, Liliana's Mastery is a good anthem, as it's an enchantment, and not as easy to deal with. Zombie Apocalypse is good for recurring all the zombies that you sac( you can also reuse them with cards like Corpseweft), as eventually, the deck looks like it might run out of token fodder without a recurring producer like Grave Titan. Dark Salvation serves as both removal and produces tokens. Geralf's Messenger is just a good zombie. Apart from that, Ruinous Path is better than Murder, as you are willing to make it sorcery speed for the upgrade. Last thing: Mastermind's Acquisition isn't very good in Commander, as the rules for cards that you can get from outside the game limit it to sideboards, which EDH doesn't allow. (Also, Gray Merchant of Asphodelis definitely good enough to include)
1 month ago
- Mindcrank - keep in mind that things like Underground River or Phyrexian Arena also trigger Mindcrank. Mwahaha
- Spelltwine - instead of or in addition to Memory Plunder. Not instant speed, but two spells rather than just one.
- Mastermind's Acquisition - the official commander rules are a little fuzzy on bringing cards in from outside the game. I believe they say to handle it on a playgroup by playgroup basis, so just check with your opponents before you start
- Silumgar's Command, Ruinous Path, or Hero's Downfall can help with removal
You also have no sort of board wipe or wrath. Something like a cycled Decree of Pain would miss most of your high-toughness dudes or it could be cast normally if needed. Tragic Slip is an EDH staple and gets around indestructible.
Things you could possibly remove:
- Living Wall - I feel like you can do better than 4 mana for a 0/6 (Like Guardians of Meletis for example, which you already have), though the regenerate is nice.
- Forgotten Creation - what benefit do you get from discarding your hand? Is there a card that deals damage to your opponents when you do? If there's nothing like that, Forgotten Creation isn't contributing much. I'd feel like you'll be able to achieve delirium fairly easily
- Kefnet's Monument and Bontu's Monument - keep an eye on your black to blue creature ratio and your creature to non-creature ratio to see if you should remove one or both of these
- Meekstone - currently about 1/3 of your creatures have power 3 or greater so keep an eye on this
- Swarm Intelligence - lots of mana when you have other ways of copying spells. Though this is an enchantment. Hmm.
- Candles of Leng - Why not just Staff of Nin or something instead?
- Soul Net - doesn't trigger off of things being put from a library into the graveyard
2 months ago
Hero's Downfall or Never / Return or Ruinous Path in place of the Murder. Swarmyard can be a great tribal land if that's what your going for. Abrupt Decay and Maelstrom Pulse can be Great removal also. You are in need of some extra mana if that is going to run 5-6 drop creatures. Deathcap Cultivator Can do this. Liliana, the Last Hope is a great planeswalker for graveyard decks. Also, sorry, melding a Graf Rats isn't a great win con.
2 months ago
I don't think Silence fits the deck, it's a card that either wants to be built around with for example Isochron Scepter and Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir (those three cards creates a hard lock) or be a 1 of in a pure control deck.
It's easier to give advice if we know your budget also, there are a lot of cards in modern that would upgrade this deck but would cost a bit. For example Fatal Push and Path to Exile are the best removal spells in modern and could replace Murder, Ruinous Path and Silkwrap, but they are much more xpensive. Your mana base would be much improved by fetchlands and shocklands and so on.
3 months ago
I love this combination of commanders. Nice list!
Greed might be good for card draw since you gain so much life, as well.
4 months ago
Here's my take on your Mono Black deck utilizing swamps. It's basically a creature control deck with tons of removal spells with life drain as your wincon. However, when you're up against control, the sideboard changes the deck into hand disruption and aggressive creatures.
(1) Damnable Pact
(4) Doom Blade
(4) Sign in Blood
(1) To the Slaughter
(2) Ruinous Path
(4) Read the Bones