|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Land — Swamp Mountain
(: Add or to your mana pool.)
Canyon Slough enters the battlefield tapped.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||Ellyreia , jrschnoebelen , Atroxreaper , tsirides , thetechzombie , Willis1994 , mcstang1986 , Clawsun73 , rainbowofdeath , Candyman949 , TheRealPeaches , VoidCaster113 , Archegos , duff87 , meowCat1234 , mymanpotsandpans , tlhunter07 , TheBl0b|
|Want (6)||DimSpirit , fireborne1986 , darthnuchi , Spinalripper , mbishop723 , rakdos24|
Canyon Slough Discussion
1 day ago
I would look into adding red for Soul-Scar Mage, as the synergy is just so good. Cards like Ambuscade count as noncombat damage as well! Also, The Scorpion God would go nicely in here as well. With both the allied and enemy color checklands in Standard, the manabase should easily be able to support that. Canyon Slough, Sheltered Thicket, Blooming Marsh, Woodland Cemetery, Dragonskull Summit, and Rootbound Crag.
3 weeks ago
Please use capital letters at the start of each sentence. It makes it easier to read what you have written.
Canyon Slough can be Cycled in the late game, when you have all the lands you need, to get some much needed draw.
3 weeks ago
Hazoret really puts the pressure on your Opponent to finish things off, in this kind of deck.
I know you are probably using them to trigger Revolt on Fatal Push, but it's nicer to be able to tap a land for either colour you need, especially with Scrapheap Scrounger in the mix, and to have the option of Draw in the late game.
I've played with Kitesail Freebooter, and Duress is so much better. Since you already have Duress in your Sideboard I would replace Kitesail Freebooter with 2x Lost Legacy, which will be the only way you can deal with Enchantments.
I'm not a huge fan of Blood Sun. Did you realise that it makes all your Opponent's Cycle lands enter untapped?
1 month ago
1 month ago
I'm not surprised you're getting screwed for
Take out four basic lands, and replace them with Canyon Slough.
It turns on Dragonskull Summit, and gives you draw in the late game.
You also have too few Swamps. You have more than enough sources for your early game. You can afford to drop some.
I'd do this:
See how that goes.
1 month ago
All the stuff that you're getting to help you do you could just as easily use
If consistency is what you're looking for, I would consider dropping back to , and lose the
Unfortunately, I have built what I consider to be the best Pirate deck in so, if you decide to go that way, I won't be much help.
You can check out my take on it here: Ahoy, Me Hearties!
If you decide to stick with three colours, you need to readjust your mana base.
It could look something like this:
2 months ago
Now for trade:
1x Canyon Slough F
2x Fetid Pools F
1x Fetid Pools
Check out my binder. Also interested is any random modern/edh staples probably.
2 months ago
Hey, I've never piloted a Kaalia deck, I have only played against her and from my experience, she gets the attention on the table most of the times and for good reason. People really know Kaalia. So I think that playing her has some key elements that could be improved.
Get her out fast fast fast.
In order to do that I'd replace these with basics and boost your speed since you're playing all those fetchlands.
- Akoum Refuge: ETB tapped, no good here.
- Vivid Meadow, Forgotten Cave, Boros Garrison, Orzhov Basilica, Rakdos Carnarium: See above.
- Molten Slagheap: Too slow.
- Transguild Promenade: Just plain awful. Don't let this one fool you with it's "mana of any color", it's still awful.
- Opal Palace: You don't need the color fixing and the bonus counter won't do much difference as Kaalia's blows are not what you're aiming here.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth needs it's best friend Cabal Coffers, otherwise a fetchable basic swamp will do fine. Or maybe a dual one like Canyon Slough or Smoldering Marsh, which sometimes enter untappped.
Land Tax when you replace all the above for basics.
- Talisman of Indulgence or Fellwar Stone, mana rocks for
Kaalia has been around long time so people know how dangerous she can be.
- Darksteel Plate could be useful, specially against wraths but it doesn't do much against bouncing or exiling, which is why Whispersilk Cloak could be a better alternative, and can help you avoid combat damage as well.
- Mother of Runes will give her protection in response to whatever spot removal targetting her.
- Grand Abolisher helps you avoid getting Kaalia countered.
If Kaalia has died several times, what now.
As you probably know, she will get focused and sometimes you just can't protect her enough. You need alternatives when this happens.
- Karmic Guide can reanimate anything and it's an angel. Works well with Reya Dawnbringer.
- Sneak Attack is expensive but great, consider it. If not, Quicksilver Amulet is good too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation works awesome with the card above.
- Chancellor of the Annex could be given a try to slow down your opponents while you cast your big creatures. Also, if it's on your initial hand, bye-bye turn 1 Sol Rings.
Other things I noticed
- You lack card drawing. It's essential to have angels / demons / dragons on your hand on each of your attack phases. Phyrexian Arena and Necropotence. Watch out for Emrakuls on your meta with the latter. Some wheels could prove useful refilling your hand, though Wheel of Fortune is expensive, Winds of Change, Magus of the Wheel, Wheel of Fate and Dragon Mage are good alternatives.
- On the same issue as above, Sire Of Insanity and Malfegor aren't helping you with that.
- You have access to the best colors for removal. Ditch Soul Snare and Angelic Edict for the more versatile ones Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking or Utter End. Even Chaos Warp is a better alternative than the two I mentioned. Instant speed removal is crucial.
- Same as above with sweepers. Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Damnation are much better than Armageddon, because as it let's you a great advantage and all it also puts a huge target on your head, because you basically stop them from having fun at all. And in my experience, people tend to remember those who broke their lands, it's just the way it is. You don't need more hate, Kaalia will draw enough herself. On the borderline of this are Cataclysm and Rakdos the Defiler. The other Rakdos, Rakdos, Lord of Riots is a way better alternative. Imagine swinging with Kaalia, on her trigger putting RTR Rakdos, then on your second main you'll be able to cast a creature with it's cost reduced.
- You have 4 instants now (more coming in the future I hope) and 3 creatures with activated abilities requiring mana. Price of Glory punish your for using those. I know it will punish counterspells as well, but there are some alternatives for that that won't draw the hate on your head, as stated above.
- Lastly, I know I insisted a lot on avoid drawin unnecesary hate on you, but Ob Nixilis, Unshackled is another one to give some thought. People really love their ramping and tutoring. Though in this case I'm not saying you should remove him, just re-evaluate his inclusion.
I hope some of this suggestions help in any way.