|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||None|
Combos Browse all
: Gain .
: Target 1/1 creature gets +1/+2 until end of turn.
2 days ago
1 week ago
So after sharing ideas and looking at the direction you were headed with your list i made one of my own. Calling it Retribution Rock. So subtle differences from yours and reasons. Dryad Arbor over a Pendelhaven . i like the idea of fetching a creature to sacrifice. Other lands that peak my interest for this deck Mutavault Bojuka Bog Llanowar Reborn So a huge reason i ran Aether Vial was because of how difficult it can be casting double and triple colors. Many opponents will board in Blood Moon against me even when i was running 4 Channeler Initiate and 4 vials, and surprisingly it always tempo'd me or sometimes shut me down. So Sylvan Caryatid helps reach that triple black, since casting Geralf's Messenger is priority in this build, having a hexproof manadork helps ensure one hits the board. Also the big butt on Caryatid triggers evolve, and can absorb 2 -1/-1 counters from Plague Belcher in a pinch. Speaking of, that extra damage from a zombie dying from the Belcher can really mean the difference, hence i strongly believe in running a playset. I really look forward to my Tuesday night modern. I really look forward to pilot the deck and have creative lines of attacking and interacting with Retribution. Will report back with how it fares.
1 month ago
Well, looking at it, almost every card has an enormously weaker budget option:
- 4x Walking Ballista / Triskelion
- 4x Arcbound Worker / Sparring Construct
- 4x Arcbound Ravager / Arcbound Slith
- 2x Dark Confidant / Pain Seer
- 4x Hangarback Walker / Hooded Hydra
- 4x Steel Overseer / Chronomaton
- 3x Welding Jar / Herbal Poultice
- 1x Animation Module
- 4x Darksteel Citadel
- 4x Forest
- 4x Inkmoth Nexus / Dread Statuary
- 2x Overgrown Tomb / Foul Orchard
- 1x Pendelhaven / Hashep Oasis
- 1x Phyrexia's Core / Claws of Gix
- 3x Wooded Foothills / Evolving Wilds
The deck would suck enormously, but it would be a deck. Are there any better budget options I missed?
2 months ago
I don't see the "Devastating Speed" portion of the deck. You have no 1 drops. An INFECT deck has NO 1 drops. That's not "Devastating Speed", that's derogatory and slow. You need, Need, NEED Glistener Elf . Or at the very least, Blight Mamba .
Instead of using black kill spells, use spells like Distortion Strike or Aqueous Form to get past blockers. You can also use cards like Simic Charm or Apostle's Blessing to get past blockers or defend against trouble creatures. Vines of Vastwood , Apostle's Blessing , Simic Charm , and Veil of Secrecy can do multiple things as well as protecting your creatures. Pendelhaven is an important part of any Infect deck.
Black is just too slow for even a mildly competitive Infect deck, because EVERYTHING is at least 3 mana, which for an Infect deck is WAAY to expensive mana wise.
@itachi45 Help me out here.
3 months ago
Cool idea: feels quite a bit like a nice variant of the Oops All Lands deck that I see not so infrequently. Here are some thoughts (that might not have hurt too much):
- Do you have a way to consistently deal with Blood Moon ? It's not looking like it, so I would recommend Engineered Explosives , Krosan Grip , or counterspells like Daze . Maybe one or two basics could be good to provide the extra colors you'd need.
- Life from the Loam is a possibility for you to get more land cards at record speed, plus you can dump more lands into your graveyard (for more fun!).
- Pendelhaven , if used judiciously, is an extra boost for your manlands. Plus, it's green.
- I commonly see Karakas in sideboards or main decks, because a lot of creatures running around that can cause problems are legendary. While off color, it's maybe not a bad idea for the bonus effect.
- I don't like Temple of the False God in here. I'd think Ancient Tomb might serve you better... or maybe run a copy of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth .
Vman on Gruul Moon
4 months ago
4 months ago
I like it. I've used Canopy Cover in the past and often found it lackluster but I was using a 2 color build. Manabase wise, I agree with main boarding a Dryad Arbor . I'd also add a second Pendelhaven and 4th Inkmoth Nexus . Sideboard, definitely look at Spellskite and Heroic Intervention can be a nice surprise to survive a board wipe. I think a lot of the mainboard changes I would make would be personal. I've always had better luck with vines of groundswell but again its what works for you. I would bump Ichorclaw Myr up one and Necropede down one. With 4 Rancor , on Ichorclaw Myr it can make people more hesitant to block.
4 months ago
Honestly everything seems good here except the mana base. Like you can make do with the Birds for now, but start saving for those Nobles.
The problem I see are 3 lands. Island and Flooded Strand . I highly disadvise any land than can only tap for Blue, as your primary color is Green. Some 2 land hands are a lot worse if you have Island and Inkmoth Nexus , but this would be perfectly fine if that land could tap for Green. I would swap it for Pendelhaven number 2. Flooded Strand can only get Breeding Pool , and sometimes 2 life makes a difference so I would switch it to 2 more Wooded Foothills to get Forest or Dryad Arbor just in case.
I also recommend Shapers' Sanctuary as I said in the comment on my decklist page.
Other than that it seems good. Nice to find other Infect players roaming about so have an upvote. Happy poisoning!
Pendelhaven occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.14%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%