|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Cat Cleric
When Leonin Relic-Warder enters the battlefield, you may exile target artifact or enchantment.
When Leonin Relic-Warder leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Leonin Relic-Warder Discussion
15 hours ago
The turn I cast Kaalia of the Vast I want to Equip Lightning Greaves , If someone tries to remove in response, I can be flexible, is it ? ? ? I won't know until I see what's coming. It also allows me to (without CMC2) change my color to . Where Flickering Ward costs me mana () AND is Sorcery speed, it's the same as Lightning Greaves basically. Also, Mother of Runes can block and then give herself Protection from the Attacking creatures color. She can also be sacrificed to Razaketh, the Foulblooded and often is. She protects Kaalia of the Vast , allows the Razaketh, the Foulblooded play, then Tutors the win-con for a and 2 life. If someone removes Kaalia of the Vast with Flickering Ward on the stack, your not going to be having a good day. Also, the turn I cast Kaalia of the Vast i don't want to have to wait for an additional to cast Flickering Ward that's a whole turn slower! Mother of Runes helps with Mausoleum Secrets as well.
A strong synergy with Leonin Relic-Warder + Animate Dead + Razaketh, the Foulblooded , tutor as many times as you have 2 life (half your life less 1). Easy to pull Buried Alive or Reanimate or Goblin Bombardment . The issue is to cast Goblin Bombardment you need to pause the infinite combo, but I figure tutor some CMC0 rocks and Goblin Bombardment and then restart the combo with Restoration Angel . Depends on mana situations and life situations. Either way, it tutors every card you need to win to your hand. Cloudshift also has synergy with this combo and is good with ETB A/D/D.
Leonin Relic-Warder + Animate Dead + Entomb ( Razaketh, the Foulblooded ) + Reanimate isn't outside the realm of a T1 win for ++, especially since Leonin Relic-Warder can untap your Chrome Mox on first cast as well. Gemstone Caverns + Godless Shrine + Chrome Mox + Mana Crypt does it T1.
16 hours ago
Really like the Leonin Relic-Warder + Animate Dead + Razaketh, the Foulblooded | Almost Infinite Tutor Synergy, I'm going to use it in my deck Kaalia, Mirror Breaker EDH. With Kaalia of the Vast play Razaketh, the Foulblooded , Sacrifice Kaalia of the Vast tutor Leonin Relic-Warder , cast Leonin Relic-Warder , if I have a tapped Artifact mana exile it, then Sacrifice Leonin Relic-Warder to Tutor Animate Dead , Cast Animate Dead , bring Leonin Relic-Warder back exiling the Animate Dead , Sacrifice Leonin Relic-Warder to pull Chrome Mox , any spell to Imprint, Mana Crypt , Sol Ring , Restoration Angel and Goblin Bombardment . Then cast all the rocks, and Goblin Bombardment , using rocks to pay for Restoration Angel re-engage the Animate Dead but using Goblin Bombardment as the Sacrifice outlet for Infinite Damage. (CMC5) + 16 life win. If I have Goblin Bombardment in play already, a CMC3 + 14 life win.
It's pretty awesome for me, because Leonin Relic-Warder + Animate Dead + Goblin Bombardment on it's own is also pretty quick. With an Entomb I can definitely Entomb the Leonin Relic-Warder , Animate Dead it and cast Goblin Bombardment on Turn 1 and win (with things like Gemstone Caverns , Chrome Mox , Mana Crypt , Etc.) I need to get a Mox Diamond in there but so much cash! Very exited to include the Leonin Relic-Warder .
I like Path to Exile , I'll often exile one of my creatures to ramp an extra land into play, plus the other obvious benefits.
These were a bit confusing, until I read, Attack lines. Might describe them in summary detail like:
Leonin Squire + Lion's Eye Diamond + Razaketh, the Foulblooded | Tutor Reanimate + Leonin Relic-Warder + Animate Dead Combo. For this one how do you get the Impact Tremors into play without losing control of the Animate Dead ?
No Sunscorched Desert ? it's a which I know sucks since everything needs mana, but with Worldgorger Dragon it's similar to Impact Tremors although that works with Leonin Relic-Warder + Animate Dead . Sunscorched Desert as a land has CMC+1 (colorless) though. Piranha Marsh used to be a staple, but it ETB tapped so useless to me.
Since you already play Tainted Pact , an Instant speed tutor, it also allows you to instant speed pull a Comet Storm (I know your running Cut / Ribbons because it's modular), without pausing the Worldgorger Dragon combo. Just a thought anyway. Cut / Ribbons is less of a dead draw for sure, but also Sorcery and subject to Graveyard hate. Comet Storm is definitely not as modular probably why it doesn't make the cut.
I saw another deck with Subterranean Tremors , not sure I get it, at CMC5 it destroys all artifacts and probably most creatures without flying. It's CMC2 to remove most mana dork accelerators, only benefit I can see. Not sure I get that one Sorcery speed.
I don't have any great suggestions, Mother of Runes perhaps, she can be Sacrificed to Razaketh, the Foulblooded , provide protection for the Worldgorger Dragon since a single Swords to Plowshares ends your game. Can also protect Kaalia of the Vast or make Kaalia of the Vast unblockable in some cases.
Your quite different than me, but also very much the same. I had Worldgorger Dragon in before, but choose to remove it and go with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker combo focus and didn't need another "same" win-con. My alt-win going to be the Leonin Relic-Warder for sure.
3 weeks ago
Heya lorre it's been awhile!
In this build, there isn't an infinite combo. It's a pure value build where you out pace your opponents and out value them. You can make it an infinite combo deck by adding in cards like Karmic Guide , Reveillark , and Blood Artist (or any death rigger effects) to make infinite combos.
Same can be said with adding in Leonin Relic-Warder , it goes infinite death triggers, and if you have an another outlet for it, it becomes an infinite combo as well. You even have the option to go for Lion's Eye Diamond and Auriok Salvagers if you want infinite mana.
There are plenty of way to go infinite, but that would need to swap out different cards to add it in! Lmk if that helps you out!
1 month ago
- Have Auriok Salvagers and Lion's Eye Diamond in play.
- Pop Lion's Eye Diamond for and discarding our hand
- We spend to activate the ability of Salvagers, returning Lion's Eye Diamond to our hand. We have netted mana
- We can loop steps 2 and 3 as many times as we want, generating infinite mana. We then loop steps 2 and 3 as many times as we want, generating infinite mana.
- We play our commander, causing an opponent to lose 1 life and we gain 1 life.
- We sacrifice our commander to its own ability, sending it back to the command zone.
- We use our infinite mana to repeat steps 5 and 6 until all opponents have been drained of all life.
To explain the Relic Warder combo
- Leonin Relic-Warder is in the graveyard. We have either Blood Artist or Zulaport Cutthroat on the battlefield.
- We cast either Animate Dead or Dance of the Dead targeting Relic Warder.
- Relic Warder enters the battlefield, causing its ability to trigger. We choose to exile the reanimation enchantment that is keeping Relic Warder in play.
- The enchantment becomes exiled, causing Relic Warder to go to the graveyard from the battlefield. Relic Warder's leave the battlefield trigger fires, and our reanimation enchantment comes back. We target Relic Warder.
- We repeat steps 3 and 4 to form an infinite loop of Relic Warder going to the graveyard from the battlefield. Every time it leaves, we cause opponents to lose life with Blood Artist or Zulaport Cutthroat until all our opponents die.
2 months ago
Fair enough, you could run Leonin Relic-Warder , makes infinite burn strats, but if your playgroup is against them, they might not like this either lol.
2 months ago
No problem Byuante, in regards to your question on some of the cards that you can consider, I'll give my input. As you said you want to build this as competitively as possible, Vish Kal is quite big cost and for consistency as well as efficiency you can cut down on all the token producers as they don't "win" you the game outright, whereas an infinite combo does. Having a sub-token theme would be good as you can use it as a back up plan for when your main line doesn't fall through.
That being said, I am also unsure of the meta you play in as well, all my suggestions come from the current play group I have witnessed and played with decks myself. I play with around twenty players so there is a lot of variable match ups however, they are 80% completely optimized/degenerate/cEDH decks. The thing about competitive matches your curve is generally pretty low, your curve is 3.19 Avg. CMC which is good, but we can lower it down to be more efficient.
With the card choices:
- Entomb / Buried Alive - These two are the few cards that are efficiently costed and can put stuff into your grave, upping the reanimation count can lead to wins or selective lock down, or value grabbing. It's essentially a tutor for you as you make use of your grave as well. While Entomb is instant speed, for Buried Alive you don't have to use it right away you can wait for the timing and use it as a set up before using a cheap reanimation spell, this can lead to a win on the spot with the Karmic Guide/Reveillark combo.
- Necromancy - Good against mirror match up, good for against control players, and also value targeting as well. The fact that it can be used at instant speed is amazing.
- Leonin Relic-Warder - This actually depends on the timing you use LRW, while yes it deals with your opponents artifact/enchantment, but saccing it is also good if you decide to add in more reanimation enchantment spells, plus if you have a sac outlet on the field you can permanently exile them but sacrificing it while the trigger is on the stack. It doubles as a win-con and a perma-exile effect.
- Fiend Hunter - Sorry I didn't clarify with Fiend Hunter (FH), it's in conjunction with Karmic Guide (KG) and Reveillark (RV) as well as you can break the P/T 2 limit with the addition of Fiend Hunter. Having a sac outlet on the field and KG, RV, as well as FH can lead to infinite loops of Yosei/Kokousho. Starting with them on the field you can sac KG, FH, and Yosei. Yosei triggers, sac RV to bring back KG and FH. FH trigger on the stack and KG trigger on the stack. KG targets Yosei, FH exiles KG. Sac FH to bring back RV. Than you can start all over again by saccing Yosei and KG.
Hope that helps explain the card choices as well as answers your question!
2 months ago
Thanks for your comment hkhssweiss, I appreciate you taking the time!
I personally dislike the use of Contamination : I'm not mono-black, so it could screw me over, and it seems as though it'd be overly dependent on Bitterblossom to work, or it'd be a waste of reanimation as it might require me to sacrifice something too valuable to lose (I'm not fond of having to sacrifice a Crypt Ghast, for example)
Entomb - I could see myself running, 1 mana for an expensive play with a reanimation card. It'll take some time to figure out what would be worth cutting to make room for it.
Buried Alive - I don't run mass reanimation, and having to put several good cards into the yard with only a way to reanimate one per turn seems like a guarantee that my yard would be targetted
Dance of the Dead - I could probably make use of another reanimation spell, but I don't have a good card in mind to cut for it, do you?
Necromancy - Flash reanimation is yet to be needed, though if the situation changes, I'll find room for necromancy, but for the time being, maybeboard
Land Tax - Card advantage, sure, but it's very limited in scope in this deck, with only 15 targets, that's 5 triggers at most, and discarding lands isn't something I want to be doing. Plus it only triggers if I have fewer lands than others, which, even though I'm in white/black, is actually kind of an uncommon site. And overall, it's only truly good if gotten early on, as having a land tax turn 10 isn't that good for anything other than extorting or devotion.
Smothering Tithe - Good ramp, especially in white with such a high curve. I personally don't see a good card to remove over it and would appreciate your input
Scroll Rack - Also a good card, especially for getting rid of a stale hand.
Leave No Trace - Since I lack mass enchantment removal, definitely worthwhile to make room for it.
Leonin Relic-Warder - Aside from the fact it goes infinite with a drain card, it seems like a waste of a slot in this deck. If I don't have the required card and I play it and exile someone's thing, saccing it becomes a no-no, so it's dead in play and doesn't do much to help us win.
And I don't see how Fiend Hunter can lead to a lockdown effect with the Dragon Spirits, as, for their ability to trigger, they must die. Mind expanding on that?
I look forward to hearing back from you!
2 months ago
Yo Byuante, nice page!
Have you considered running a couple of these cards?
- Smothering Tithe - Great way to ramp up and also a threat by it's own.
- Contamination - Locks down the board, since your already running Bitterblossom, it would be a nice include.
- Entomb - Auto-card into grave.
- Buried Alive - Win in grave essentially.
- Dance of the Dead - Redundancy at it's best.
- Necromancy - Instant speed reanimation.
- Land Tax - Two color deck, might not be too viable since you only run a total of 15 basics, but it is technically card advantage.
- Scroll Rack - Legacy combo with the above aforementioned card.
The biggest issue I see however with the deck is actually the CMC curve, it's a bit on the high end side and since you are going for the combo reanimation route you can opt to run more redundancy and protection package. You can consider also running Leave No Trace as tech cards or Devoted Caretaker as well. Leonin Relic-Warder is also a great inclusion since it can go infinite with any of the enchantment spells and you would only need a drain effect to kill the table. Not to mention Sun Titan as well, Fiend Hunter can also lead to a lock down effect with Yosei or drain with Kokusho.
Hope that helps!
Leonin Relic-Warder occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%