Creature — Cat Cleric
When Leonin Relic-Warder enters the battlefield, you may exile target artifact or enchantment.
When Leonin Relic-Warder leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Leonin Relic-Warder Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa.
Some budget card upgrades to consider:
Open the Armory > Night's Whisper
Armory can get Skullclamp. If it's not getting Clamp than Deathmantle or Greaves or Animate or Dance.
Leonin Relic-Warder > Serrated Scorpion
Warder makes a dies loop with Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead or Necromancy and since you have all these enchantments then it fits right in. If you would like me to explain the interaction I will.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > Flesh Carver
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim > Cartel Aristocrat
- Tithe Taker > Hunted Witness
- Victimize > Unearth
- Generous Gift > Mortify
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Chained to the Rocks, Charming Prince (You can use him to blink other creatures you have to steal more and he's an early play if you want to scry/gain life) Leonin Relic-Warder (You can fling this creature in response to the exile trigger so they never get it back)
1 month ago
It may seem cheap and doesn't fit the theme of your deck per se, being able to sacrifice the leonin with Razaketh, the Foulblooded infinitely is a nice thing to do in any black/white deck!
1 month ago
Basically spells don't get hit by white, therefor the colorshifted cards Force Spike & Memory Lapse to Mana Tithe & Lapse of Certainty don't do the the same as the interesting adaptation of a Disenchant to Illumination!
That's why I don't think some of the counterspells break the color pie but some do.
Honestly though, I love those cards, and I love most color pie breaks, just sparingly xD
1 month ago
You can use double square brackets around a card's name to create a pop-up link. It's the easiest way to make sure everyone understands what's going on in your question: Animate Dead, Blasting Station
This combo doesn't just work with anything. It needs help from another effect, usually from the specific creature you're returning to the battlefield with Animate Dead. Here's an example with Leonin Relic-Warder:
- Leonin Relic-Warder is in the graveyard and Blasting Station is on the battlefield
- You play Animate Dead targeting Leonin Relic-Warder
- Warder enters the battlefield and triggers both its own ability and Blasting Station. Let the Station's trigger resolve first and target Animate Dead with the Warder's ability
- Animate Dead leaves the battlefield. In response Animate Dead's trigger that would cause you to sacrifice the Warder, sacrifice the Warder to Blasting Station instead
- When the Warder leaves the battlefield, Animate Dead returns to the battlefield. As it enters the battlefield, choose Leonin Relic Warder again
- Go back to step 3 and keep the loop going until you win
2 months ago
I haven't delved upon the blink strategy myself for quite some time, though I may be of aid.
There is a budget constraint, wherethrough I shall keep all of my suggestions under two dollars.
Upon actual suggestions are a couple categories worth bolstering.
Some flickering and blinking:
Yorion can do quite a bit, and it begins looping with effects such as Charming Prince. Ephemerate is an overperformer whiles Ghostly Flicker, though more to cast, gets the job done. Combined with a counterspell in the graveyard, it can be a soft-lock with Archaeomancer (run that, too). Flickerwisp is just potent. Soulherder is oft the very best card to resolve.
A multitude of card draw:
Arcanist's Owl just keeps digging. Augur of Bolas could be fun. Barrin, Tolarian Archmage is able to bounce your own utility creatures or pester the opponent's board. Elsewhere Flask does its job. Wall of Omens draws many cards and serves as defense for those pesky aggro decks. Champion of Wits loots through the deck until life's end. Fblthp, the Lost is just greater. Golden Egg cycles and draws more cards.
Some removal effects:
Angel of Finality is an efficient flyer with a relevant trigger. Every deck needs graveyard hate! Dream Eater goes through a lot of cards and bounces important targets. Elspeth Conquers Death is as powerful here as it is in Standard. Leonin Relic-Warder serves a similar purpose. Frost Titan locks down important threats.
And some cards that don't really fit in tother categories:
Angel of Serenity deals with threats and can recur creatures from your own graveyard. Angelic Chorus gains far too much life for the opponent's comfort. Annex is nice, for you can switch it around as better lands come into play. Nevermore can keep changing card names to prevent anyone from casting their commanders.
Fall of the Thran is really mean and I love it.
Now for a few non-budget options:
Just on one to note, Conjurer's Closet is going to be reprinted in Double Masters, thus it may drop to within budget.
There are quite a few things I would recommend cutting.
AEther Adept is lacking, Archaeomender doesn't seem to be retrieving much of worth, Archon of the Triumvirate is overcosted, Aven Surveyor is as well, Artisan of Kozilek triggers off of cast and is thus useless to blink, Your artifact tutors do not search for much of relevance, Subjugator Angel is a worse Tempest Caller, Hoverguard Sweeper is EIGHT MANA (what?!), Dispel is too narrow, and Aether Tunnel is lacking in power.
Let me drive this one in. Eon Frolicker just loses you the game. Giving someone a turn is ceding far too much time for them to gather resources and defenses. The "protection from that player" really doesn't do that much.
I suppose that is to be all from me. Happy blinking!
3 months ago
tcooke2 Felidar Guardian is a tough one. Combos with a lot, but requires that I already have the other pieces out. Just like Leonin Relic-Warder and Fiend Hunter and that makes the combo itself more fragile. I think I'm nearing a saturation point where I don't need more combo pieces. What would you suggest I take out if I were to put it in?
3 months ago
Thank you, valentin74!
1) Precisely for this reason. I chose to use responses that can also be used proactively. And Path can be used on some creature (an Ornithopter for example) to ramp off. Besides, it is quite common for Path to have no drawback (against 4C or 5C with greedy mana bases).
2) They are very useful in pods that I find difficult, with a lot of counter and interactions. Besides, they are necessary in situations where you combo off but your only payoffs are Urza's Bauble or Mishra's Bauble, where you can draw your deck on the opponent's upkeep and you need to win before giving a bigger window to stop you.
3) To be honest I never tried Verge Rangers because I found it slow. But if you are in a more midrange version, it may be a real option. Of course, before considering using it I would certainly use Mystic Forge.
4) I honestly don't like Heliod on this deck. Apart from triggering Teshar and possibly combo with Ballista, it adds absolutely nothing to our game plan. I prefer to use some redundancy from some of our combo pieces, or some way to dig more into the deck.
5) Not long ago I used only Codex Shredder and decided to test the other 2, and I really enjoyed it. Besides possibly answering opponents' top tutors, in practice, in our deck it is a "draw a card", since our graveyeard is an extension of the hand. In addition, it is possible to loop our non-artifact or non-creature spells with Codex Shredder.
6) Banisher Priest (or Fiend Hunter on some lists) is a necessary evil (like Leonin Relic-Warder). It is often an option to remove stax pieces that can harm our game a lot (Hello, Collector Ouphe and Drannith Magistrate), or even answer something that is essential to not lose before returning to our next turn (like Zur the Enchanter). Since we use many self mill effects, it is feasible to revive Banisher Priest with the Teshar effect, which is not the case with other types of responses. In addition, Banisher Priest can be fetched with Recruiter of the Guard.