|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
1WB: Target creature gains lifelink until end of turn.1WB: Whenever you gain life this turn, target opponent loses that much life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Vizkopa Guildmage Discussion
12 hours ago
2 days ago
I have taken out:
Oath of Gideon because I'm not playing Ally tribal and only have 4 planeswalkers, of the Oaths in the deck it seemed much less usefull than the others.
Putrefy is a good removal spell, but I think I still have enough removal in the deck even after removing it. The reason I cut this one is that except for Beast Within, which is stronger, all other removal can be tutored by Sunforger
I also removed Vizkopa Guildmage, I love that card but it doesn't do much for the deck... I needed to cut some more cards so it had to go.
I still need to cut one more card, I'm hesitating to cut Call the Gatewatch or Sylvok Explorer. Let me know what you think! Obviously you can also point out another card that you feel shouldn't be in the deck or tell me to lower my land count.
3 days ago
I mean, it'll probably push the curve a little high honestly. I'd consider a second sac outlet other than the single use Plunge into Darkness (as much as I am in love with the card with Sanguine Bond/Vizkopa Guildmage ftw), as bloodghast/crawler is super strong- Blade of the Bloodchief/Indulgent Aristocrat works, as does Yahenni, Undying Partisan. I'd run Dark Prophecy over tesya for advantage, but thats personal preference. Mono black deckbuilder's toolbox is my big list of useful black cards if you want to look through.
3 days ago
Thanks for the help so far! I have already made some changes as noted below, I'll continue working on the list tomorrow (letting ideas cool will probably help).
I have not yet decided if I take out Vizkopa Guildmage because lifelink is important, and given enough mana it makes for a good wincon.
Beast Within will stay in the deck because it can deal with any kind of permanents, which is very important, and giving a 3/3 beast isn't really a downside in EDH.
6 days ago
Have you considered Exsanguinate or Debt to the Deathless rather than Wall of Limbs? The wall seems slow and difficult to activate in response to removal. The sorcery versions can take people by surprise, and synergize well with Sanguine Bond/Vizkopa Guildmage/Defiant Bloodlord in case the infinite combo is not available.
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
1 week ago
To be honest, I'm not super worried about giving Karlov of the Ghost Council evasion; he's a fairly new addition to this deck, and I have plenty of ways of dealing direct damage without him. He's mostly there for the exiling, and if the board is in a good position, I'll attack with him. That being said, Shizo, Death's Storehouse looks like a nice addition.
I had Vizkopa Guildmage during the early days of this deck, but paying each time I wanted to give something lifelink or drain health seemed kind of steep.
Necropotence looks good; I just don't own it yet, so there's that.