|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie
, , Discard a card: Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
Tap three untapped Zombies you control: You draw a card and you lose 1 life.
|Have (8)||TheRealSpecialK , Daddy1ong1egs13 , saj0219 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Blue_Flame , jecder , firemind12 , Pumpkinking913|
|Want (5)||BBTRekhyt , TheSpruceBruce , splatterling , Sorgol , Zehro|
2 weeks ago
I would love to add Cryptbreaker but I feel like the discarding a card is a little scary when I would be losing creatures but at the same time replacing it for Read the Bones and Diabolic Tutor sounds like a plan when I get the funds.
Diregraf Colossus looks freaking beautiful and I think would be a great replacement for Stir the Sands and two more Swamps and maybe Undead Warchief could be squeezed in somewhere... Idk. There's too many good zombie cards.
2 weeks ago
Sorry to butt in, but for a low-to-the-ground aggro zombies deck I would keep Diregraf Ghoul in. 1 mana for a 2/2 is a good rate, you want low cost creatures to flood the board with, and it gets pumped by the zombie lords so it's still fine later in the game. Here are some specific suggestions for upgrades once you get a budget for them:
Some other cards you could look at are Diregraf Colossus , Undead Warchief , and Dark Salvation (it's probably worth playing Salvation in place of Murder ). Also, as a general tip, tribal creature decks don't play many non-creatures--around 6 at the most. Cutting some of those spells in favor of more lords would increase the efficiency and power of your deck.
1 month ago
Which Liliana do you speak of?
1 month ago
I've been piloting a Scarab God commander deck recently as well, he's one of my favorite commanders by far. I think I may have some advice to give, haha.
The way I've built mine is with more of a focus on SG's first ability, and poured a lot of spots into token generation. Cards like Grave Titan , Cryptbreaker , and Ghoulcaller Gisa are fantastic additions to this deck, and you can get double the mileage out of the titan via SG's reanimation, along with other reanimator effects. I'd recommend Nim Deathmantle for this. Ashnod's Altar is a phenomenal card to have in a token focused deck, and since it's at instant speed you can just throw one of your tokens under the bus to pay for that last bit of mana. It's also got some insane combo potential with Nim Deathmantle (the two combo infinitely with Grave Titan if you're interested).
In regards to zombie anthems, cards like Metallic Mimic and Adaptive Automaton usually fly under the radar, and there's a few more than the ones you have in here already (though you've likely seen them at some point). Wonder is a great thing to put in, because a horde of 5/5 flying zombies is not something you want to be on the receiving end of. A couple more anthems for your deck I'd recommend are Undead Warchief for cheaper zombies and Lord of the Undead for recursion on them. Finally, depending on how many non-zombie cards you end up with in here, I'd check out Arcane Adaptation . You don't have too many at the moment, but I'm putting it on your radar just in case.
Hope I've helped!
1 month ago
I would try adding some discard outlets so that you can more reliably get creatures to reanimate into your graveyard. Right now you have to discard to hand size or draw Entomb or Buried Alive . I would try out creatures that give you this effect repeatably like Cryptbreaker , Pack Rat , or Putrid Imp . These creatures give you a better early game on their own and can be sacrificed to Buried Alive or Torgaar, Famine Incarnate .
1 month ago
2 months ago
This past weekend saw my cube’s first seven player draft (eight had homework to finish). Now, some of them are filthy casuals but here are the deck lists drafted with (W-L) stats! No basic lands included, however.
Me – Mardu Angels (3-0)
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Assemble the Legion
Bruna, the Fading Light
Cavern of Souls
Conqueror's Galleon Flip
Gisela, the Broken Blade
Nahiri, the Harbinger
Smuggler Captain (finds Reanimate )
Sphere of the Suns
Pritch – Golgari Midrange (2-1)
Go for the Throat
Herald of Torment
Heir of the Wilds
Liliana of the Veil
Liliana, the Last Hope
Rite of Belzenlok
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Thrun, the Last Troll
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Westvale Abbey Flip
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Paul – Grixis Control (1-1)
Creeping Tar Pit
Force of Will
Lich Lord of Unx
Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Tezzeret, Artifice Master
Thassa, God of the Sea
Thing in the Ice Flip
Unscythe, Killer of Kings
Abby – Bant Midrange (0-1)
Bow of Nylea
Courser of Kruphix
Crush of Tentacles
Elixir of Immortality
Kiora, the Crashing Wave
Mikaeus, the Lunarch
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Spirit of the Labyrinth
Sword of War and Peace
Matt – Four Color Good Stuff (1-1)
Arch of Orazca
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
Birds of Paradise
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Maze of Ith
Odric, Master Tactician
Path to Exile
Price of Fame
Sword of Light and Shadow
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
Tetzimoc, Primal Death
Through the Breach
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Voice of Resurgence
Warden of the First Tree
Zacama, Primal Calamity
Ben – Temur Cascade– (0-1)
Akroma, Angel of Fury
Braid of Fire
City of Brass
Ghalta, Primal Hunger
Heart of Ramos
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
Pact of Negation
Sai, Master Thopterist
Search for Azcanta Flip
Sword of Fire and Ice
Urabrask the Hidden
Volatile Chimera (I forget what was on it, never came up)
Courrtney – Green Black Delirium (0-1)
Avenger of Zendikar
Empty the Pits
Emrakul, the Promised End
Garruk Relentless Flip
Great Sable Stag
Greenwarden of Murasa
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
Isareth the Awakener
Master of the Wild Hunt
Oracle of Mul Daya
See the Unwritten
Whip of Erebos
2 months ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
Cryptbreaker occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%