|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Zombie
1B, T, Discard a card: Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
Tap three untapped Zombies you control: You draw a card and you lose 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||ericalt91 , ZombieFood , Lindough , YossarianLives , Wolfninja , acbooster , xXThormentXx , jparker-sartori21 , tizzy226 , Dr_Jay , Nemesis , Spinalripper , PTsmitty , marsthesoos , cklise , firemind12 , golgarigirl , clayperce|
|Want (4)||goodair , Nemesis , RedMulligan , rakdos24|
9 hours ago
MountainMan817- First, thank you for your advice! It's given me some things to think about. I like the synergies your bringing to the table, and after some consideration, I will not be adding Dakmor Salvage. As a land the ability really does synergize well, but a 1-of makes this an off-chance draw, and the slowness doesn't justify multiples.
Cryptbreaker, I really like in here. No more than 3. as it feels like a mid game play for this particular deck. So I'll take out the Z'ords for them.
I'm NOT taking out Quest for the Nihil Stone, it's too large a part of this deck in my eyes.
I had considered Funeral Charm, and it is awesome, but I just don't have any. Furthermore, getting hold of them is a hard here with little trade value left in my binder. I'll forgo this for now to make room for the changes, but this will be considered a space filler as this deck evolves and I play with the numbers.
Thanks for your input! It's been very helpful!
10 hours ago
I see what you're going for with the zombie thing, but I would stick with just 1 and play 3x or 4x of it
I'd take out:
- 4x Quest for the Nihil Stone
- 4x Vile Rebirth
- 2x Sign in Blood
- 1x Death Baron
- 1x Lord of the Accursed
- 1x Swamp
2 days ago
how much money do you want to spend on cards that can boost this deck in this deck ?
ADDons i would suggest and definitly worth in a cycling / Discard deck - Haakon, Stromgald Scourge - Undead Gladiator - Necromancer's Stockpile - Beseech the Queen - Cryptbreaker - Expedition Map - Dark Petition - Rise of the Dark Realms - Solemn Simulacrum - Burnished Hart - Conspiracy
all these cards can boost your deck or help your deck in my opinion. the question is how much do you want to spend
4 days ago
@Clericx I don't include Cryptbreaker because I find that it makes the deck far less aggro. In a low mana curve deck, I rarely find myself wanting to discard cards, even if I'd get a zombie out of it. And its second ability forces you to tap zombies, and in such an aggro deck I would rather have them all attack when possible.
5 days ago
Hey there, new Planeswalker! Always great to see new faces to the game! If you feel like spending a little more money, I would reccommend putting in dual lands in your mana base. Hissing Quagmire and Blooming Marsh (4 each) are the best dual lands for Standard. I would also reccommend putting in a playset of Aether Hubs for additional mana-fixing. Having the right colors for your spells at all times is incredibly important; getting color-screwed is one of the worst things that can happen during a game.
A really fun finisher is Torment of Hailfire. Cast this thing on turn 7 or 8, and your opponent will be in for a Hail of a ride (ba dum tss). I would run 1 or 2 of these to have a little fun. ;)
Also, looking at your sideboard, I think it could use a little work. A sideboard is the most important part of a tournament match; it can make or break a round for you. A good rule of thumb is 5 cards to deal with decks faster than yours, 5 cards to deal with decks slower than yours, and 5 cards to make your deck faster. I'm not very good at sideboarding with Black/Green decks (I'm a Blue/Red Control guy, myself), but some suggestions would be:
- Bristling Hydra: For control decks, Hexproof can be a real pain. Trust me, I've stared down the throat of three of these things at once. It enters the battlefield as a 4/3 for 4 mana which is already pretty reasonable. But paying the 3 energy it comes with to pump it up and prevent your opponent from killing it is REALLY, REALLY good. I would run 3 in sideboard.
- Blossoming Defense: This card also hates on control. Not only is +2/+2 for 1 mana really good, but it also gives your creature hexproof. I would run 2 in the sideboard to fill out the playset.
- Ambuscade + Prey Upon : Both of these are really nice against Aggro matchups, because you can take out an opponent's threat with your own without having to go to combat. 2 Ambuscade, 3 Prey Upon at most.
- Yahenni's Expertise: This card will destroy an aggro deck, or at least mortally wound it. It'll also cripple most midrange decks, as well. But, as a drawback, it might cripple you as well, but once it resolves, you'll be able to cast a creature from your hand for free. I would run 2 of these.
- Crook of Condemnation: Part of sideboarding is anticipating what your opponent will play. If you're interested in going to an FNM, go one night, but don't play- scout out what people there are playing, then build your sideboard accordingly. You'll probably see a lot of zombie decks, and Crook of Condemnation can eliminate threats from the graveyard, like Cryptbreaker or Relentless Dead. And trust me, you'll want those "GONE gone". Play 1 or 2 of these.
That's really all I can think of, otherwise this is a pretty solid deck. This is really impressive for a first build- nice job, man! As always, good luck, and welcome to the Multiverse!
6 days ago
Unfortunately while Gravecrawler would be amazing for this deck, both it and Cryptbreaker and beyond the budget. Graf Harvest doubles up on the menace that Lord of the Accursed provides and the exile mechanic would be counter-productive to both the Liliana's Elite and the Diregraf Colossus.
Drown in Sorrow looks like a winner. The zombies should be larger than 2/2 and even if they are not it feeds the graveyard.
1 week ago
Cryptbreaker is a good card to add possibly Grasp of Darkness is a low cost high removal card Drown in Sorrow is good for soft board clear Graf Harvest is good to make it harder to prevent blocking your zombies Dread Wanderer