|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell, then untap up to four lands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||rikertchu , pskinn01 , saj0219 , twospires , xXThormentXx , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , , TehDelta , frederiklw , PTsmitty , Benniator , xpsychovampx , richardmv , bakeraj4 , ironax , DruneGrey|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , RedMulligan|
2 weeks ago
I wrote a bit comment and it got eaten by TappedOut. So, apologies for the brevity on this rewrite. These are a few suggestions based on a similar deck of mine.
- Mind's Desire and Temporal Fissure are both excellent storm payoffs. The former is one of the best hits from Epic Experiment and the latter can bounce every land as a pseudo Time Walk if you need to swing with tokens.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand and Docent of Perfection Flip are two additional options for win-cons if you so desire.
- Pull from the Deep and Mystic Retrieval are good options for re-casting your rituals/untap effects
- More free spells like Frantic Search or Rewind might be worth it. The latter can at worst counter your own spells with High Tide.
- I personally really like Eye of the Storm. It's expensive, it can backfire, but if you untap with it, it's almost impossible to lose. It goes effectively infinite with a lot of cards.
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus is almost definitely worth it.
- I think the 1-shot token producers are probably not that great. They're reasonably good with Purphoros, but I don't think that's worth 6 slots in the deck. Don't worry about creature count in Melek. A lot of Melek decks actually go creatureless for the Proteus Staff combo.
- Phyrexian Altar is probably really borderline unless you're running something like Fall of the Titans to just win without having to go an extra turn by saccing out all of your Empty the Warrens tokens.
- Strionic Resonator is at best a very situational fork in Melek. It's probably better to spend your mana on a cheap cantrip / draw spell like Gitaxian Probe or Treasure Cruise.
- Echo Mage is really expensive and vulnerable for its effect. You have to pump 7 mana and wait a turn to copy 1 spell. At that point, you're probably better off casting Eye of the Storm.
2 weeks ago
The thing might even be Modern playable if you jam it into Mono-Blue Tron.
2 weeks ago
I still think Green Sun is strong enough to be in this deck.
Fierce empath should also definitely be in here.
I'd cut back on some of the least well performing counter spells. Dissipate comes to mind, as does Rewind
3 weeks ago
Peregrine Drake, Rewind, Ponder, Brainstorm, Sensei's Divining Top, use all Snow-Covered Island so only you benefit from caged sun, Blue Sun's Zenith, Rhystic Study, Mystical Tutor, Archmage Ascension, Monastery Siege, Future Sight, Disallow, Dissipation Field. That's all i got for now LOL
1 month ago
Force_of_Willb: excellent advice! this is actually probably my first ever true combo brew, so thanks for all the ideas. =)
I got most of those cards somewhere. lemme dig em up and see what I can do to ensure some consistency in this deck.
1 month ago
My suggestions is to add similiar cards for more consistancy:
Cut Fireball down to 1x since you wont want to draw it until you combo off.
remove the hexproof spells to add more card draw in perminent form like Elvish Visionary, Abundant Growth, Ichor Wellspring and/or Carven Caryatid to help you get to your combo pieces better. Once you have initiate mana with the combo you can target the wall and one of these cards to find your wincon fireball.
Run Archaeomancer as Mnemonic Wall 5-8
Displace for copies of ghostly flicker 5-8.
you can try Cloud of Faeries and Izzet Boilerworks+Simic Growth Chamber as a second way to get initiate mana. You would need two of those lands in play to make 4 mana using the 3 to recast Flicker - netting one each cast
I would try it like: 8x - 1 drop mana dorks, 8x - 2 drop draw perminent, 3x Cloud of faeries, 4x Archaemancer, 4x Mnemonic Wall, 4x Penegrine Drake, 4x Displace, 4x Ghostly Flicker, 1x Fireball, 20x Lands - with 4x izzet boilerworks 4x simic growth chamber 4x Halimir depths 8x forest