|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell, then untap up to four lands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||that_guy_43 , richardmv , TheRealPeaches , Joblaska , Shiromakuro , TheBl0b , Daddy1ong1egs13 , Forkbeard|
|Want (42)||bloodysmurf11 , buildingadeck , scynett , notsaying , magnoz , Arekku , kovellen , Purplemandown , BlaiddSiocled , eddywaters1 , jeanbern , beefx , Mordeken , Voxzorz , phoere , coadster , Omen124 , Wrathulfer , coder79 , bpm4 , legioncult13 , CryAll , Andre_Whales , obitus , Thotny , bezet , TheFanatic , itheoryz , NoNeedToBragoBoutIt , Beumah , Ronin0526 , JSTR1302 , swampy5 , TheAlmightyThorax , 1337_Nerd , Doc_TLC , sonnet666 , Nicsor49 , olivebagel , gabrielkrallzy , Aenderan , RoninH3RO|
4 days ago
Also maybe Rewind,Dimir Locket,Sinister Sabotage,Lord of the Accursed,Buried Alive,Grave Titan,Diregraf Captain,Training Grounds,Endless Ranks of the Dead,Undead Warchief,Lich Lord of Unx,Sidisi, Undead Visier,Liliana, Death's Majesty,Death Baron,Liliana, the Last Hope,Dread Summons!Ghoulcaller Gisa,Lord of the Undead,Zombie Master,Geth, Lord of the Vault,Unbreathing Horde,Forgotten Creation,Prized Amalgam,Phenax, God of Deception,Sheoldred, Whispering One,Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet,Thief of Sanity,Burnished Hart,and Traumatize plus some kill spells and more counter spells and you should be pretty close;) Also you maybe should check out EDHREC for some more options.
4 days ago
Deep-Sea Kraken is great as it will cast and dome some one for 10; it may even come out and do it on an opponents turn for free.
Gratuitous Violence is another fun card to help close out the game.
Rewind I find as a great counterspell in this deck as I always want to cast spells on my opponents turns and this helps that out especially if you have lands that tap for more then one mana.
5 days ago
From that base, you could go more into turbo-stasis with Blind Obedience, Tangle Wire, Kismet, and Frozen AEther type cards, stax with Sphere of Resistance, Thorn of Amethyst, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, and Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, or permission control with Counterspells, Swords to Plowshares, Terminus, Supreme Verdict, and other control cards.
In a playgroup filled with walker commanders, Pithing Needle and Sorcerous Spyglass are great removal, as is anything else that can do similar effects. Suppression Field forces the issue that Stasis asks:
Can you pay for that?
Other than that, more cards that fit here are:
Jace, Unraveler of Secrets, Tamiyo, the Moon Sage, Brago, King Eternal (flickers walkers to reset counters&activations for the turn), Azorius Signet, Cyclonic Rift, Fellwar Stone, Sol Ring, Chrome Mox, Brainstorm, Ponder, Preordain, Swan Song, Path to Exile, Damping Sphere, Rings of Brighthearth (doubles walker activations!), Inspiring Statuary, Sphinx's Revelation, Search for Azcanta Flip, Return to Dust, Fact or Fiction, Mystical Tutor, Arcane Denial, Teferi's Protection, Rewind, Reality Shift, Tragic Arrogance, Cleansing Nova, Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time, Mind Stone, Sensei's Divining Top, etc.
3 weeks ago
I used to play Sen Triplets back in the day, here is some advice that may help!
For Sen Triplets, by the looks of it, you are going for a pure control theme. The cmc curve is far too high and you can cut it out for more interaction/control package. I'm assuming this is on a budget so here might be some cards that I used to run that aren't that expensive at all.
I would also up your count on low drop mana rocks, as the faster you have access to Sen, the easier you you will be able to prevent things happening to you as will as playing with your opponents hand :P
Now moving on to the next point, how to abuse Sen Triplets? So we all know that you can use Sen Triplets to play anything, but to be less restrictive there are certain cards that synergizes with her. Here are some off the top of my head.
Hopefully that helps, if you need any further suggestions or help refining Sen Triplets feel free to ask! She was one of my favorite decks before I dismantled her.
1 month ago
I assume you have counters in the deck...but here are some suggestions anyway, in case you haven't heard of them: Ionize, Disallow, Counterflux, Misdirection, Rewind, Summary Dismissal (personal favorite of mine), Overwhelming Denial, Arcane Denial, Negate, Essence Scatter...
I know most pillow fort cards aren't instants or sorceries, but if your problem is getting overrun in combat, you could try Propaganda and the like.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
I really like your deck and admire your desire to make inexpensive edh decks. That being said I do believe there are some ways you could improve this deck without breaking the budget.
While you do have plenty of board wipe effects I notice that you only have a few single target removal spells. Board wipes are great but the problem is the fact that they are sorcery speed. The ability to react on your opponents turn is invaluable so I would highly recommend adding one or two more instant speed removal spells. Some notable ones would be
I also think there are some counterspell's you would be better off for running that are pretty cheap.
- Sinister Sabotage is basically a Cancel with upside and still pretty cheap.
- Rewind is almost free in the late game.
- Foil is a budget Force of Will that would fit great in your deck given your high island count.
- Arcane Denial is just a solid counter spell in EDH since it replaces itself and the advantage it gives your opponent is mitigated by the multiplayer format.
- I would also recommend running Forbid since you seem to draw so many cards but this one is a little more pricey.
The only other general improvement I would recommend would be try to add some dual lands. Even if they come into play tapped, dual lands do wonders to help a deck perform at its best. Some really budget ones I'd recommend are.
- Irrigated Farmland
- Azorius Chancery
- Boreal Shelf
- Coastal Tower
- Meandering River
- Prahv, Spires of Order
- Sejiri Refuge
- Tranquil Cove
I really do like your deck and what you have made so far, but I would like you to at least consider these options to further improve your deck.
1 month ago
Cycling lands seem really strong with Life from the Loam
Planar Birth for landfall triggers.
Tunnel Ignus to punish grouphug ramp.
1 month ago
Some cards you may want to consider.
- Deadeye Navigator will give infinite mana in combination with Peregrine Drake
- Oblivion Stone is a really nasty combo you can use with Sun Titan
- Felidar Guardian and Altar of the Brood is a good win condition with aminatou as Felidar Guardian can flicker Aminatou which then allows Aminatou to flicker Felidar Guardian, this causes infinite ETB's which will mill everyone at the table with Altar of the Brood out. Plus altar goes well with Trinket Mage which you are already running.
- I also believe you need more flicker effects so I highly recommend andy of the following; Restoration Angel, Venser, the Sojourner, Eldrazi Displacer, Eerie Interlude
- I am not a fan of Mana Leak in edh since it is very common to hold up lots of mana in the late game, I believe any of these counterspells are better while still being budget; Arcane Denial,Disdainful Stroke,Foil,Sinister Sabotage,Rewind and if you have a few dollars I highly recommend Swan Song
- And while I know this is a budget deck, I have to recommend Cyclonic Rift as it is undeniably the strongest blue card in all of EDH.