|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell, then untap up to four lands.
|Have (4)||Joblaska , mziter501 , ahobrien , voidruby|
|Want (15)||BringerOfStorms , DeadeyeDesperado , Korevana , doonmeister , Dawnbreaker7727 , sycdan , vakuso , Cheshire000 , DragynFyre , Fralaylah , 0ur0b0r05 , Arrownight , AzureOctive , Turtlelover73 , powertrot|
6 days ago
I can see several flaws within this deck, nor the least of which is that it is an AZORIUS CONTROL DECK. But in the spirit of helping an asshole do asshole things, here are some tips I've picked up through my experience.
Dissolve is fine because of the Scry, but Rewind is just too pricy. Even though you get your mana back, 4 mana originally is too much. I'd replace Rewind with Mana Leak . Costs half as much and the three is usually enough to get the job done.
You also don't have any card draw. At all. Any semi-respectable control deck has card draw. It allows you to cycle through your deck, hitting the cards you need and giving you an advantage over your opponent. I'm gonna recommend no Frost Titan and no Give No Ground for 3 copies of Serum Visions . Card draw is just something any control deck needs. Period.
You have absolutly bo threat of reuse.
1 week ago
Having cards that can tutor for Tide are helpful: Mystical Tutor , Spellseeker , Merchant Scroll . If you're able to splurge for one card get Mystical because it's so versatile instant for one mana that can be recurred. Blue Sun's Zenith and Pull from Tomorrow are draw spells which you can put a ton of mana into thanks to Tide.
Budget mana rocks to consider: Sol Ring , Mind Stone , Everflowing Chalice , Fellwar Stone , Prismatic Lens , Wayfarer's Bauble , Gilded Lotus . Thought Vessel is another one and it's very good, but not budget even though it's a damn common. Sapphire Medallion and Baral, Chief of Compliance are not mana rocks, but they're two drops who can reduce the mana cost of most of the rest of the spells which is just as good, but they may be too much for the budget here.
High Tide Talrand (Budget) is my $160 Talrand deck. Maybe it can give you some ideas, feel free to use it as inspiration.
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
You have a good point. I might need to run a counterspell package, after all.
So far I plan following:
To be removed:
To be added:
- Wolfir Silverheart - 8/8 that is likely to make another very strong creature, maybe even Surrak, +4/+4. Just found out about this awesome dude.0
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Flash for days, just like Yeva, Nature's Herald , but not only greens. Also, no more counterspells and attack responces.
- Oran-Rief, the Vastwood / Kessig Wolf Run - Pump lands to replace Temple
- Sight of the Scalelords - Buff and Vigilance Enchantment
- Wash Out - Single player (most of the times) boarwipe. Especially good agains token decks since those don't bounce. I also have River's Rebuke , which is tiny cyclonic rift.
What do you think? I definetely need to clear some space, but right now I am not sure what to remove. So this is what I have: Counterspells:Mystic Snake or Frilled Mystic would be better? Boardwipes:
- Scourge of Kher Ridges
- Nightshade Peddler to pair with Harbinger of the Hunt though inconsistent (2-card combo without tutoring), can be devastating
- Volcanic Fallout
- Temur Sabertooth - Good boardwipe protection, but costly.
- Paleoloth will bring stuff back if they die.
- Impervious Greatwurm - 16/16 indestructible with convoke only for 10.
- Soul of New Phyrexia - Indestruct for all.
- Reins of Power - I actually like the idea of bamboozling the opponent.
I don't run tutors not because they are expensive (Though Wordly Tutor, Gamble and Mystic Tutor are fairly affordable as an upgrade), I don't want to make deck too (uhh) strong. I made Lavinia, Azorius Renegade deck which revolves around getting Knowledge Pool out, and if I draw one of the artifact tutors and have anti-counter in hand, I win, it's only a matter of time. Which is nice to spook new players, but not that great when I play N'th game with same people.
1 week ago
I would love to run Heroic Intervention , however, running a single card that can do it seems a bit inconsistent. I will definetely consider Volcanic Fallout and Pyroclasm , however, in the current state its a tough decision on what to remove. I already have options to replace Prime Speaker Vannifar , Birthing Pod , Trygon Predator and Mindwrack Liege , however, I dont really want to run counterspells in mainboard, other than, maybe Unwind and Rewind , as they are free if resolve.
2 weeks ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Ramp with your budget to consider adding:
- High Tide : with Islands and Frantic Search , Turnabout , Rewind , Unwind , Palinchron
- Extraplanar Lens : works well with snow covered Island and Plains. That turns off bonus mana your opponents get from normal basic lands. If opponents are using snow covered lands then they will get the mana bonus.
- Rings of Brighthearth : combos with Monolith to make infinite colorless mana.
- Chromatic Lantern
- Fellwar Stone
- Mind Stone
- Gilded Lotus
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Trinket Mage : to tutor for one of Ring, Vault, Mox.
- Land Tax : not land ramp, but helps to have a hand full of lands especially Islands if adding Tide. Can search for snow covered lands they are basic lands.
- Weathered Wayfarer : not land ramp, but can help to make land drops and can tutor for any land.
- Gift of Estates : not land ramp, but can search for duals: Fountain, Stream, Farmland, Tundra.
- Scrying Sheets : with snow covered lands.
- Azor's Gateway Flip: takes some time to flip, but once it does Sanctum of the Sun can create a lot of ramp.
2 weeks ago
darkone8 I definitely agree, and I've been meaning to put Mana Drain in for a while now. I will likely take out both Rewind and Plasm Capture as they both require too much mana and put in both of your suggestions. Thanks! I really appreciate the feed back!
2 weeks ago
I would recommend trying to find something over Rewind , since the likelihood of having four mana up for a counterspell is low and if you leave that much up, it becomes rather obvious what you're doing. Instead, I would either play Mana Drain or Arcane Denial , since both are much cheaper and more effective.
2 weeks ago
Well for starters you should show us this list you have, I can't find anything from your profile/deck folders because you had none, so you should use this page to submit a decklist for us to see what you had.
In the meantime, also consider checking out the site edhrec.com where you can find out a lot of commonly used cards for various commanders. You want plenty of instants such as Counterspell , Disallow , Rewind , Serum Visions , Brainstorm , Opt , Anticipate , Preordain , Swan Song , Cyclonic Rift , Jace's Sanctum , Sapphire Medallion , Thought Vessel , Isochron Scepter and last but certainly not least Baral, Chief of Compliance , are all popular cards. Your lands can be kept quite simple with just a lot of Island s, but there's one's like Remote Isle , Reliquary Tower , Myriad Landscape , Halimar Depths , Lonely Sandbar , Temple of the False God , that you can use too. Being just one colour, with likely a good number of Island s you can take advantage of Caged Sun too.
Rewind occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0,01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,17%
G/U (Simic): 0,12%
W/U (Azorius): 0,18%
U/R (Izzet): 0,61%
U/B (Dimir): 0,08%
W/U/B (Esper): 0,06%