|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Exile target card in a graveyard. Create a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying.
Beckon Apparition Discussion
1 month ago
Silverpandaria I did consider Lingering Souls at the decks inception but Secure the Wastes actually is a bit stronger thanks to instant speed. Unfortunately the floor is just far too low with either card. Smuggler's Copter and Beckon Apparition are bad cards but they at least have some utility outside of creating Divergent targets.
6 months ago
literaturecult46 The deck looks good for the most part, but I do have some suggestions:
If you're sold on running the Glass of the Guildpact , Seal of the Guildpact , and Tome of the Guildpact , I'd run a lot more multicolored cards, especially creatures. Remember, afterlife tokens are multicolored, so they do work with glass.
If you're going for heavy lifegain, some cards to consider would be: Felidar Soverign, Gray Merchant of Asphodel , Kokusho, the Evening Star , Font of Agonies , Dawn of Hope , Kambal, Consul of Allocation , and Well of Lost Dreams .
Your curve is quite heavy on 4 cmc cards. This can be tough since Teysa is also 4 cmc, so in the early turns of the game, you might have a lot of 4 drops stuck in your hand.
If you'd like to ask any more specific questions, I'd love to give more specific advice.
9 months ago
First of all, what's your budget?
Other good token spawners, if you want to go that way, could be: Secure the Wastes, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Timely Reinforcements, Gather the Townsfolk, Beckon Apparition, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Things that help token are Intangible Virtue, Anointed Procession or Parallel Lives
If it's on budget I'd also suggest Voice of Resurgence
9 months ago
I was thinking about the concept and got to the conclusion that Jace's Phantasm will most likely work in tempo deck, since phantasm costs . I don't see it as much as card for control deck because when is your control online you might play better threats.
Tempo deck is about denying your opponent resources and Soaring Show-Off does the opposite in form of cards (even in the best scenario when you could chose which card your opponent will not have) is not worth it, you just gave him 1 card. But if you want to play the deck as pure control, then it is probably playable since you can control well enough what is in your opponents hand.
Another way how to make discard more viable is Wight of Precinct Six since the more stuff ends up in bin the bigger (likely) this become and you can play it in control.
Previously I used Shriekgeist but now I think that Mind Sculpt might be better because it is more effective even if it is by your words more "boring". I build a mono blue deck for this simply because 1 color works better for tempo: Mono Phantast.
Sage's Row Denizen: I would switch/combine with Ink Dissolver and played it as aggro (a lot of creatures) and build on the wizard/merfolk tribe. Not sure how it will perform since you would not control the game much and mill takes a lot of time to work.
About Vile Rebirth and Beckon Apparition it might work in deck build around Thoughtpicker Witch. The trick is that you control the top of opponent's library. I tried it before and it didn't work but maybe there is a way how to make it work. Also I would include Shamble Back since it does the same as Vile Rebirth but for the loss of instant speed you gain 2 life.
Hope we get to some spicy deck.
9 months ago
Kurush: Thanks for taking the time to comment, and to start: Yes, I agree with you, on both accounts. I didn't have the space left to give this deck the "Jank" label also. =P
Secondly: Yeah, I'd totally be interested in collaborating! Two heads are better than one, as they say. =)
I've done some playing with this deck and Selhoff Occultist was a tragic underperformer. It was a weird idea that I should have known better to try, but, eh. Weird ideas are what I do. I've been considering multiple options as a replacement, such as:
- Switching over to Shriekgeist in that slot, like you did.
- Trying Soaring Show-Off (which I mentioned to you on your deck because I think group-hug-draw alleviates the sting of getting milled a bit--people like drawing cards).
- Something unique-ish, like adding Sage's Row Denizen and either the Show-Off or Merrow Witsniper and using Ghostly Flicker or Peel from Reality instead of normal Unsummon effects to re-trigger the Denizen... but that may be a whole new deck idea entirely.
- Or, hell, I could just put Mind Sculpt in there and almost guarantee the Phantasm gets activated, but that's so boring.
As far as Vile Rebirth and Beckon Apparition, you're right again. And again, I'll use just "creativity" as an excuse, lol. They are cool cards, and I still think they could be built-around, but this probably isn't the place for supporting that experiment also. =(
Anyway, I've checked out your decks, and I'm definitely going to borrow some of your card choices. I still want to add Soaring Show-Off though. =P =D
Let me know what you think about my ideas for replacements. =) Meanwhile I'll pick something and give it a few plays soon. Let you know how it went.
9 months ago
Hello, I like your idea, but in my opinion you are wrong about certain cards:
- Selhoff Occultist is not as powerful as it might seems. For the first time it might work, simply because your opponent doesn't know that you have it, but when he does he will save his removal for that. Also for every creature that dies your opponent puts only 1 card into graveyard. If you exchange creatures it is two, if your opponent is playing affinity for example at least half of his deck is 4/4 or greater and you have nothing to kill it with (and remember, that phantasm is still not at this moment most likely 5/5). Also exchanging creature tokens isn't gonna work, since this creatures of yours are technicly cards, so you exchange cards for cards, not efficient. Also you play card that runs on killing and yet you have no removal spells in you deck, only bounces. All and all Selhoff Occultist is not going to be soo effective.
- Vile Rebirth and Beckon Apparition are not so good to be main decked or at least not in this numbers. I think they might make great cards for sideboard against graveyard shenanigans.
If you are opened to cooperation to make better deck, here is my take on that concept infuenced by your discards mechanic Jace's discard.
10 months ago
I would suggest Curious Obsession over Curiosity as you aren't doing non-combat damage. Also Beckon Apparition over Not Forgotten. Both just good ways to lower your mana curve but keep the same effects.
10 months ago
Seems a nice deck, but I'd make some suggestions:
First of all I'd add Fatal Push. It's very usefull when you want to remove an annoying opponent's creature. Probably I'd put it instead of Reaper from the Abyss, since it's true that the reaper is a creature that does good things, but it costs really much.
I don't really like Bone Picker and Savra, Queen of the Golgari since you don't have so many chances to cast the picker in the first turns and you don't sacrifice creatures, which makes the queen useless
No data for this card yet.