|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Knight
Double strike, protection from black and from green
Mirran Crusader Discussion
3 weeks ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
3 weeks ago
Hopefully, the price of History of Benalia drops after it rotates out of Standard - lots of value in that card. Knight of the Holy Nimbus is also pretty resilient and I would include that in some number over Leonin Skyhunter and/or Knight of the White Orchid , which I think are the more underwhelming creatures you have right now. Benalish Marshal could also be a contender over Mirran Crusader , which seems to me more of a sideboard card for G/B creature matchups.
1 month ago
608.2g If an effect requires information from the game (such as the number of creatures on the battlefield), the answer is determined only once, when the effect is applied. If the effect requires information from a specific object, including the source of the ability itself, the effect uses the current information of that object if it’s in the public zone it was expected to be in; if it’s no longer in that zone, or if the effect has moved it from a public zone to a hidden zone, the effect uses the object’s last known information. See rule 112.7a. If an ability states that an object does something, it’s the object as it exists—or as it most recently existed—that does it, not the ability.
The effect of Avatar of Woe will go through. Since the Avatar still exists on the battlefield (it did not change zones), the object's current information is used. In this case during the resolution of the effect, it will determine that the source of Avatar of Woe now Mirran Crusader 's ability is white.
1 month ago
Hi! Say I control Grip of Chaos , Avatar of Woe and Mirran Crusader . I then activate the Avatar targetting itself, triggering Grip of Chaos, and respond to that with Cytoshape to turn Avatar into a Mirran Crusader (Grip could change Cytoshape's target but let's assume it doesn't). Now what happens to the Avatar activation? Is that still considered black because it was originally created by a black source, and can therefore target neither of the pro black Mirran Crusaders?
1 month ago
hejtmane, hey thanks. I've actually been flip flopping on the Tajics and am pretty certain I'm just going to cut them. I am, after all, still 10 cards top many.
I didn't know about Kalemne, Desciple of Iroas I like him, alot actually. But he just won't fit the deck. Once again, I need to cut, and as he stands in this deck, most the time he'd be a 3/3 Double Strike and Vigilance. It doesn't really seem to make too much sense into adding him while I'm about to cut Mirran Crusader .
SP3CTR3_chelts, definitely worth a look at.
2 months ago
Hey, you've added lots of good cards since the last time I commented on your deck at the beginning of this month. Nice job streamlining and narrowing down your strategies. Looks like you cut Jor Kadeen, good job fighting the urge :)
The 10+ cards to consider cutting:
- Basandra, Battle Seraph
- Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice
- Balefire Liege
- Boros Reckoner
- Mirran Crusader
- Figure of Destiny
- Firemane Avenger
- Tajic, Legion's Edge
- Phyrexian Rebirth
- Valorous Stance
- Sword of Body and Mind
- Conqueror's Flail
- Boros Locket
Lots of redundancy is something you don't have deck space for in your deck therefore I would start with cutting cards that are redundant. Basandra and Flail are less needed since you've added Abolisher. When you have such little deck space for a Sunforger package of instants Stance doesn't do enough, Boros Charm and Plowshares are better options. Sword of BnM is the least good Sword since opponents have 100 card libraries and graveyards are a huge resource for most Commander decks. Crusader and Paladin are similar and I think Paladin is better because of soulbound, he can pair with Aureila and double strike Aurelia is good.
Aurelia EoJ, Reckoner, Figure, Avenger and Tajic are fine creatures, but that's all they are. There's nothing really special for your strategies here about these cards. In a game you would be better off drawing and playing other cards. Liege has a nice repeatable ability, but I don't think you need it and it's lackluster for a five drop.
3 months ago
I like what I see but... I have some opinions
Your creature selection is weak, there are better cards at your desposal than what you are using.
- Mirran Crusader
- Odric, Master Tactician
- Tithe Taker
- Preeminent Captain
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
- Legion Loyalist
- Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder
- Archangel Avacyn Flip
- Prophetic Flamespeaker
- Cenn's Tactician
And since most of my suggestions, and most of your creatures are either soldiers or humans...
You also have a tokens subtheme, all of which are soldiers or humans:
Also I feel like you are missing some really good creature/boros cards
- Response / Resurgence
- Brave the Sands
- Akroma's Memorial
- Deflecting Palm
- Mass Hysteria (I'm a firm believer that this is better than Fervor)
- Duelist's Heritage
- Smothering Tithe
- Elspeth, Knight-Errant
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion
If you are going to play Equipment tutors, you should be playing these;
Maybe not all of them but one or two for sure.
Lastly I think you may have just two too many mana rocks, you aren't playing 3 colors.
Mirran Crusader occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.03%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%