|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
Legendary Planeswalker — Sorin
As long as it's your turn, creatures and planeswalkers you control have lifelink.
+2: Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord deals 1 damage to target player or planeswalker.
-X: Return target creature with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a Vampire in addition to its other types.
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord Discussion
4 days ago
I'm curious why Sorin, Lord of Innistrad is in the A list but Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord is in the B list? I feel like they should swap positions because Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord with Entomb in the commandzone is very strong and can lead to easy assembling of any combos. This is my current list and is performing pretty well.
4 days ago
Lambofan217 I would say these two are interchangable, Fulminator Mage has the nice effect that you can decide when to activate it, but Avalanche Riders has the small upside that it hits basic lands and has haste. I just already had a sweet foil FNM promo Avalanche Riders and decided to put that in the deck :)
multimedia thanks for the suggestions mate! I appreciate it!
- No idea why Command Tower wasn't listed here, I even have it in my paper deck, so added it back here. Thanks for catching that!
- I like to run some amount of basics since I love abusing Solemn Simulacrum . I might indeed cut a plains or swamp, but they will make place for the new Canopy lands from Modern Horizons
- Enlightened Tutor has been going in and out ocassionaly, but I might add it back in. I agree that Ravos, Soultender has been kind of underwhelming in the deck.
- Selfless Spirit used to be in the deck but I was really unimpressed by its performance. Since this deck doesn't need to swarm the board per se, board wipes aren't your main concern, and I always felt like I wanted to recur something more valueable with Alesha's ability. As for Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord , I'm still testing is, as I do like the lifegain.
- Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice is just a card I think is very sweet, even though it might not be the best pick for the deck
- Palace Jailer is a sweet card, but I have been very impressed with Twilight Prophet , the ability is amazing (even killed a player once by putting Elesh Norn on top with Vamp Tutor). She truly shines when the game has reached a stalled boardstate and players are trying to wast resources to resolve it. You just sit on your Prophet and accumulate value. Sure the City's Blessing can be a minor downside, but rarely hard to achieve in EDH
- I'm actually content with the amount of Aristocrats in the deck, I might replace her with Zulaport Cutthroat though
I was actually also thinking off Aurelia, the Warleader . Most importantly because I think the card is awesome, but it could help closing games in the late-game. What do you think?
4 days ago
Hey, your deck is great, but where's Command Tower ? Nice primer lots of work went into, it's well organized and written :)
Upgrades to consider:
- Command Tower > 1x Swamp
- City of Brass > 1x Plains
- Luxury Suite > 1x Swamp
- Enlightened Tutor > Ravos, Soultender
- Selfless Spirit > Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan > Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice
- Palace Jailer > Twilight Prophet
- Cruel Celebrant > Phyrexian Arena
Enlightened Tutor has many powerful cards that it can tutor for especially a sac outlet, Skullclamp or Reconnaissance . Cruel Celebrant is another aristocrat. Selfless Spirit is a nice support creature with Alesha and Lark. Palace Jailer can be reanimated by Alesha, gives you the monarch (your end step draw) and can exile an opponent's creature; that's a lot of interaction for a four drop. Yahenni, Undying Partisan is a fantastic sac outlet in Commander because board wipes are going to happen with multiple opponents. He's also a another creature sac outlet which is important with Alesha. Only currently having Seer as the only creature sac outlet is risky.
I don't think Ravos, Soultender is worth playing he's another five drop and his recursion is worse compared to Lark and Guide's reanimation who are also five drops. Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord is lackluster compared to all the other reanimation here because many creatures you want to reanimate have high CMCs which doesn't play well with his -X ability. Out of all the four drops Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice doesn't do much. It's nice that she can be reanimated by Alesha, but why would you choose to reanimate her out of all the other creatures? I don't think she's worth playing for that reason. Twilight Prophet has a powerful ability, but only if you have the city's blessing which without a token strategy is slow. I'm not a fan of Phyrexian Arena in Commander it's too slow. I think you're much better off getting draw from creatures with Alesha especially with Skullclamp . Good luck with your deck.
5 days ago
I changed out Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord for Chandra, Fire Artisan . Mostly because I have Chandras, not necessarily because she’s better than Karn, Scion of Urza . I’d rather play Board the Weatherlight than Ignite the Beacon . I don’t know why, but I’m not a big fan of Ignite.
6 days ago
musicman3310 thanks for the suggestions. The more I think about it, I think I want to replace Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord with Karn, Scion of Urza . Karn draws you cards and the Constructs he makes pair well with the Servos from Saheeli, Sublime Artificer . With Karn you also don't have to worry about having double red. Do you have any thoughts on this?
6 days ago
I would absolutely replace Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord with Chandra, Fire Artisan . She's card advantage over and over again. Sorin does give you lifegain, especially with Sarkhan the Masterless , but it wouldn't be missed with Oath of Kaya and Gideon Blackblade plus people will be attacking your PWs instead of you. Also, his negative does nothing in a creatureless deck like this.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
The new Sorin is good for life gain Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
No data for this card yet.