Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
Legendary Planeswalker — Sorin
As long as it's your turn, creatures and planeswalkers you control have lifelink.
+2: Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord deals 1 damage to target player or planeswalker.
-X: Return target creature with converted mana cost X from your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a Vampire in addition to its other types.
|Have (2)||CompleteWaste , gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord Discussion
1 week ago
Or even better, using Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord to reanimate a Roalesk, Apex Hybrid, then sacrifice it to Vraska, Golgari Queen to proliferate more. Have Ral Zarek, Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God, and Atraxa, Praetors' Voice on the field to make infinite turns!
2 weeks ago
Add Dark Tutelage for more draw. You can spare the life.
Additions to consider:
2 weeks ago
Way too much high CMC stuff in this deck, seems to be more of an expensive battle cruiser. Cut your curve with saccable creatures like Selfless Spirit, Benevolent Bodyguard, and Selfless Savior. You can even recur them with Lurrus of the Dream-Den and Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord. If you want to lean more into aristocrats, also consider Athreos, God of Passage.
Here's my deck list, if you're interested. Papa Karlov
1 month ago
If you'd like some inspiration for your list, I have 2 Orzhov lists you can look at that I like. This one is more in tune with what you're looking to do, this other one is more based discouraging the opponent from doing anything by playing cards that make them lose life for interactions. Might be worth checking out!
- Baneslayer Angel (Good in a vacuum, not great for what this list wants to do. A touch too slow.)
- Tymaret, Chosen from Death (Too cute. Functionally he doesn't bring you closer to your Vito win-con, and his ability isn't really what you'd want to be spending mana on to do so.)
- Ill-Gotten Inheritance (I see what you're going for here, but it also feels too cute. It's not bad, just not fantastic either.
- Basri Ket (He's just making bad cards better. He's unnecessary for your Vito win-con.)
- Evolving Wilds (This can easily be swapped for Fabled Passage, does the same thing but can have lands enter untapped.)
- Radiant Fountain (You're not going to be finding this on the draw, and doesn't really help you otherwise. Might as well swap that for another Swamp)
- Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence (All for these, but for the amount of 1-3 drop creatures you're looking to play, it would seem like you're going to be running into some mana issues. Would absolutely put in some Godless Shrine for this list since you can just heal back the damage it deals anyhow)
- Griffin Aerie (Another cute card. I get what you're going for with it, but I don't know how well it helps you get into your Vito win-con.)
- Light of Hope (Feels a bit niche. Not quite cute, just niche. There's likely better cards than this.)
As a general note, decent cards that make bad cards better aren't the answer. Look at how your win condition is typically met, and find more direct and impactful ways to influence it.
Cards You Got Right
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose (Duh)
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned (Definitely works in your favor, just gotta watch out for your devotion.)
- Mangara, the Diplomat (Interesting card, definitely can serve as a nice draw engine against aggro decks)
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (He's great utility, and 100% sets you up to get a bunch of Vito triggers)
- Healer's Hawk (Staple lifegain creature, is super easy to get down and make use out of)
- Heartless Act or Eliminate (Could be a replacement for Mortify, as both are cheaper and have a little more use)
- Fabled Passage (See above for Evolving Wilds)
- Godless Shrine (See above for Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence)
- Rhox Faithmender (A nice addition to the list, makes the Vito triggers hit even harder)
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride (Nice way to gain life, and he can easily sweep the board if he needs to)
- Ajani's Pridemate and/or Bloodthirsty Aerialist (Plays into that 'Whenever you gain life, put a 1/1 on a creature' thing you seem to like)
1 month ago
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, wasn't active on TappedOut for quite some time.
I've made few changes, add those cards:
Champion of Dusk
Forerunner of the Legion
Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
Legion's Landing Flip
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Harsh Mercy good card but way too many tribal decks in my group
Blood Baron of Vizkopa
Sorin, Solemn Visitor
Comments and suggestions are more than welcomed. Might make some more changes and updates to all of my commander decks.
1 month ago
I happen to have an Orzhov Knights deck if you'd like to check out that list (you can find it here at Orzhov Roundtable). There's some things I like about yours, but I think you might be able to pull some things from mine as well.
I would recommend cutting Silverwing Squadron and likely Foulmire Knight in exchange for more copies of Blacklance Paragon and Smitten Swordmaster. I would cut down to 2-3 copies Icon of Ancestry and remove Disenchant completely for some copies of Fight as One, and maybe a another copy of Gideon Blackblade and Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord. If you have the money, I would recommend some Tournament Grounds for this deck (since you can grab mana for Knights spells which is nice).
My reasoning for some of these cuts are for the sake of being too slow for what Knights are. Knights play Aggro, so you're looking to bang out as many 1-3 drops as you can to deal tons of damage fast. Anything higher better have a decent reason to be there, otherwise it's likely going to be too slow for the deck to get any value out of it (e.g. Silverwing Squadron). Removing Disenchant allows you to free up space Fight As One, which is better for Knights since we don't really care about removal spells. We're looking to burn our opponent as fast as possible, and keeping our pieces intact is going to be crucial. Gideon and Sorin are both great for Knights, since they provide some decent utility (Gideon can give a creature an effect of our choice, and Sorin gives us Lifelink and can help grab creatures back if we need).
Other Useful Knights Cards
- Venerable Knight (Solid 1-drop, buffs your Knights if it dies)
- Knights' Charge (you drain your opponent for 1 every time you play a Knight, and you can return all non-token Knights to the field for 8 mana. Pretty sick!)
- Famished Paladin (This one isn't Standard legal, but is a good card nonetheless. Works well if you plan on playing Sorin)
- Basri's Lieutenant (can provide a little more value out of smaller Knights by making them a token after they die. When paired with Icon of Ancestry those tokens go infinite, so that's something to consider)
- The Ozolith (Interesting card for this list, your mileage may vary. It grabs counters off creatures that die and you can redistribute them back onto your creatures as you see fit during combat)
1 month ago
2 months ago
Alright, I have some suggestions. Now, never have I dipped in the complot of nocent life-gain, but I do see some follies withal the current decklist.
So, ramp and card draw are necessities of any commander strategy. I typically play decks that dump their hands aggressively, thus I have far more draw than normal. Around 34 slots grant me card advantage and 11 slots are for ramp. Here, you have four cards of ramp and five cards of draw. Granted, one of the draw engines is your commander, but that's six-mana afore it does so.
Furthermore, there are plenty of cards in here that just lack reach. Ajani's Sunstriker is horrid to draw turn 8 and onwards. It may be aggressive betime in the match, yet it is outclassed far too quickly.
So, what I'd cut due to card quality: Agent of Masks, Ajani's Sunstriker, Drana's Emissary, Fog Bank, Goldenglow Moth, Grim Guardian, Night Market Lookout, Oreskos Sun Guide, Pride Guardian, Servant of Tymaret, Wall of Essence, Elixir of Immortality, Fountain of Renewal, Narrow Escape, Spell Pierce, and Mana Leak.
Alright, same drill but I wish to offer some substantiation afore I denunciate these.
Coastal Piracy is a very potent card in decks possessing cheap, evasive creatures. This deck does not, thence I would advise ablating it; merely too inutile.
Sinister Possession and Stab Wound, no matter how much I love the Wound, are easily removed. A sacrifice outlet just negates this effect. The Possession in particular doesn't seem to do anything against certain creatures. Chainer, Dementia Master or Oracle of Mul Daya just don't oft attack or block. Even if, it is a mere two damage. Sure, it may stack quickly, but there are better ways to do so.
Condescend is just outclassed so quickly. Counterspells above two mana must do something potent, and this is potentially more. Scrying 2 is fine, but that also doesn't do much.
Dismiss into Dream is sweet, but this deck cannot deem to hent much from it.
Lovely! Now upon what I would add.
Given that the curve is rather high, I'd add Pristine Talisman; Arcane Signet; the talismans of dominance, progress, and hierarchy; Orzhov, Azorius, and Dimir signet; Mind Stone; and Worn Powerstone. This should grant you later plays far earlier in any match.
Unto thee, benison in card draw. Painful Truths is one I much enjoy. Sign in Blood or Night's Whisper are cheap and efficient. Phyrexian Arena and Underworld Connections go in quite a few decks. Well of Lost Dreams is just splendid. Fact or Fiction is never bad. Dawn of Hope is slow but on-theme. Erebos, God of the Dead seems all too perfect due to its static and activated abilities. Dream Trawler is awfully enticing for gameplans such as this. Lastly, Unfulfilled Desires is a hidden gem that I play in any deck that produces blue and black mana.
Of course, just some efficient engines and finishers. Debt to the Deathless and Exsanguinate are each nocent once resolved. K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth could also be fine, but lacking depending on your hand, for it cares only if the cost is black. Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord fetches fallen utility creatures from the yard and proffers much in life-gain. Aetherflux Reservoir does much in murdering everyone, too.
I'd recommend some more wraths in this deck. Fumigate is perfect, Merciless Eviction or Austere Command deal with those pesky artifacts efficiently, Elspeth, Sun's Champion is never bad, Supreme Verdict is fine though pricey, or Kaya's Wrath is always lovely. Take your pick.
Okay, now for some other upgrades on the basics of the deck. Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Abolish, Return to Dust, Murderous Rider, Anguished Unmaking, Despark, Hero's Downfall, Reality Shift, Generous Gift, Pongify, Rapid Hybridization, and Heliod's Intervention all remove permanents efficiently and at instant speed. Vindicate is fine but a sorcery.
Finally, some more life gain payoffs as consideration: Authority of the Consuls has oft shut down my strategies, Ajani's Pridemate gets far too large, Blind Obedience does something similar, Divinity of Pride and Serra Ascendant are giant threats in their own right, Bloodthirsty Aerialist does the same, Propaganda and Ghostly Prison make opponents pay to deal damage, Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant are early drops that allow for quite a bit of life to be gained, Archangel of Thune is always potent, Vona, Butcher of Magan is spicey, Angel of Vitality bolsters your engine, Boon Reflection doubles it, Twilight Prophet can get out of hand, Beacon of Immortality puts you heavensly ahead, Ajani, Strength of the Pride can win games on its own, and Felidar Sovereign demands an immediate answer.
That's all from me! Have a lovely day.
Thank you and farewell.