|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Baral, Chief of Compliance
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
Instant and sorcery spells you cast cost less to cast.
Whenever a spell or ability you control counters a spell, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Baral, Chief of Compliance Discussion
5 hours ago
I played a fair number of Mono Blue decks - really one shell that I’ve taken out/added cards to depending on who the commander is. I always go for the more fun (for me) and competitive commanders; I’ve done Thassa, God of the Sea, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, Memnarch, and Baral, Chief of Compliance. In terms of fooling around, my favorite definitely was Jace, just because of the funny amount of card draw he stimulated - problem being that I’d start to draw into lands, whiffing and being left helpless. In terms of hate, Memnarch definitely got the most; he wouldn’t last very long on the table, even if I didn’t have enough mana to take more than a single permanent.
My current one is Baral counterspells, and honestly, I hunk I like him the best so far. Don’t like someone? Lock them out. Someone picking on you? Lock them out. Wanna have fun? Lock them out. It’s pretty straightforward and always reliable to stall until you get to your combos.
5 days ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 3 | 260 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
6 days ago
Think Twice is a good card for something like this. You uphold mana to counter and if at their end step there you are free of threats you can cast this for card draw. Snapcaster Mage is another obvious include if price isn't a big deal. Baral, Chief of Compliance also works wonders if you are playing the counter go game. Not only does he make your counterspells cheaper he lets you cycle dead cards or put cards in the yard for Snapcaster Mage
6 days ago
I know you went budget, but I'd consider:
- Baral, Chief of Compliance for more cheap stuff (I know it's pricy, but maybe when it rotates out).
- Time Stop it's super flavorful and sometimes could mean "take an extra turn after this one"(it's much cheaper than it says).
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur is the flashy oh crap where's my hand buddy. He really is.
- Future Sight/Magus of the Future are both pretty interesting.
- Expropriate/Blatant Thievery because they're the steal spells (but where's my money at?).
- Chasm Skulker like wtf, when it drops you drop Rich's mom's cheesecake too.
- Ixidron just maybe, since your creatures are already 2/2, but they'd lose flying :/
- Inkwell Leviathan is a good hard-to-remove beater.
- Sphinx of Uthuun also filters and everything. No need for 2/2 when you got 5/6 fat butt lying around, amirite? Kinda.
- Niblis of Frost/Quiet Contemplation for when Tidespout Tyrant gets exiled.
- Swarm Intelligence because double spell means double fun.
- Sapphire Medallion with the Charlie Brown misprint :P
- Trail of Evidence because it's a damn cool art.
- Gravitational Shift to punch hard and feel less pain. Plus Emrakul doing a barrel roll with a lil' drakeling on the art so it's 100% legit and 100.5% flavour.
I know probably 17,5/4 of the cards of this list are not already in for a reason, but i didn't have un cazzo da fare for 20 minutes, so there you have it, I guess.
1 week ago
Sweet deck, I love the dragon theme in it, very flavorful, very fun but I have a few suggestions.
Your deck is very aggressive and it needs some protection, I suggest making the deck blue red instead and make the commander Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind adding a bunch of counter magic. If you are already adding counter magic you want Baral, Chief of Compliance as your commander and take out the red cards and the dragons and a a bunch of draw spells. Have fun with your new mono blue control commander deck!
1 week ago
Came for the title stayed for the deck :P I like the deck, I have been thinking of making a standard mill as it is becoming possible again and I am delighted people are branching out from sole blue. I would suggest Scavenger Grounds for a sideboard (probably not main board in two colours) it is a desert to help your mill and it deny the yard for people who profit from your milling (GPG ect). TBH I was surprised I did not see Baral, Chief of Compliance in your list. Making things cheaper is lovely and he will actually give you draw with the counterspells you are running. He is also not to bad at keeping some aggro at bay (1/3 for 2) Also if you are already in white Dovin Baan could be very good. He reduces creatures, prevents activated abilities, draws cards and if you get his alt (not likely) brilliant control whilst you mill away their will to play magic. I also understand that he is a planeswalker who rotates out in autumn so you might not want to commit to him.
1 week ago
Also what about Baral, Chief of Compliance? He discounts everything and has an option in case you get mana flooded