|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target artifact.
Flashback (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ancient Grudge Discussion
1 day ago
Golgari Brownscale will shit all over decks that try to race your life total.
For your draw step, dredge back Golgari Brownscale -> main phase, cast Faithless Looting -> dredge back Golgari Brownscale -> discard Golgari Brownscale -> flashback Faithless Looting -> dredge back Golgari Brownscale -> discard Golgari Brownscale
You just gained 6 life, dredge up 6 cards, and you still have the ability to gain life in turns down the road. God forbid if you have 2+ Golgari Brownscales and proceed to gain 4 to 10 life each turn from Magmatic Insights, Goblin Lore, Cathartic Reunion, or Tormenting Voice.
Not to mention, you can just cast the stupid thing.
Really the strongest play against Boggles is Smallpox. But since you're on a budget, adding another color isn't feasible. Pyroclasm is going to be the next best thing, but you also have to worry about their creature getting out of range before you can immediately nuke their guy.
I think in your situation, it's Pyroclasm on turn 2 or be forced to race. That's about all you can do once they have a creature with 3+ toughness.
Lastly, do you have any Conflagrates available? The card is pretty stupid. I found it to be the strongest thing for when you don't have Seismic Assault out. Mostly, it enables all of your graveyard stuff.
3 days ago
Taking the input I've gotten here and my current collection into account I jave 13 or 15 cards set aside for sideboard options.
Ancient Grudgex2Naturalizex2Pyroclasmx2Gnaw to the Bonex2Obstinate Balothx1Sowing Saltx1 (just what I have, otherwise would be Crumble to Dust )Tormod's Cryptx1Pithing Needlex1Crucible of Worldsx1 (this is has been suggested main but I want to test it, especially with Ghost Quarter )
If I could I wpuld get another needle and baloth for the last two slots... thoughts?
4 days ago
4 days ago
+1 Upvote. It's hard to argue with what's going on here to be honest. The only thing that does not settle is perhaps a bit better on the mana fixing, maybe add in 2 Evolving Wilds to help keep things consistent.
1 week ago
Hey bruh, you could put in your sideboard these cards : Tormod's Crypt for graveyard hate. Ancient Grudge for artifacts and/or Destructive Revelry. Crumble to Dust if you ever face something like a valakut, darkdepths, tron, nykthos, lands that puts a threat. Prey Upon for creature removal. GL :)
3 weeks ago
A couple of thoughts for you Stony Silence will absolutely hose you, as will instant speed artifact removal Ancient Grudge, Disenchant ect. Some possible solutions include one CMC discard Thoughtseize, Inquisition of Kozilek, Raven's Crime to hit them before they can drop those on the field.
Another issue is consistency how commonly are you able to hit your combo?
Panas on Chemo Ramp
1 month ago
Alright! I gave the deck a quick look and it looks relatively good overall. I understand you are not in a very competitive meta (or at least, not a very cutthroat one at that) and that budget is a concern albeit not a very crazy one.
I see enough card draw and cards that replace themselves. I also liked that you built the deck accordingly, avoiding enchantment and artifact inclusions to fit the theme of blowing all of them up.
With that said we reach the greatest flaw in the deck. Without any strong, early ramp and so many high costed cards doing what you want, your deck is left slow and clunky and will often durdle and fold to early advantage gained by other people through the same things you hate. Breaking a Sylvan Library on turn 5 means that opponent already has gained all the value in the world out of it and probably doesn't care too much that it's being destroyed.
A second point I want to make is that although you do have a lot of big mana plays, a LOT of them are inefficient considering the resource investment into them (mana cost Vs effect + P/T). Here's a list of which ones I didn't like too much and the reasoning behind it:
- Avatar of Might is a vanilla trampler in your deck. Unless you are facing against a fast aggro deck or token generator, you are the one playing the creature deck so I wouldn't expect to cast it on the cheap side often.
- Deus of Calamity is an awesome card but it needs the proper enablers (double strike/constant buffs) for it to work as intended and even then it's a "win more" card. In effect it does a hell of a lot under certain conditions, but those are hard to come by and when you are behind you'd prefer playing something else.
- Domesticated Hydra a very high investment just to get a trampler. Evasion is good but when you compare these kind of cards with enablers like Thunderfoot Baloth and Siege Behemoth they are very lackluster.
- Havenwood Wurm: 7 mana for a 5/6 trampler? You can do a lot better than this. The instant speed doesn't warrant this investment as it is essentially asking you to skip your turn to play this.
- Stonebrow, Krosan Hero would be a lot better in a shell where mass trample and Overrun effects ran rampant. This is not the case so quite often he will be giving you an extra 2-4 damage on swing. He's not that bad though.
- Blunt the Assault is a heavy costed fog effect. If life gaining is that important, running Shamanic Revelation is better. If the fog is really needed then just run Fog or Lull or Respite or Winds of Qal Sisma.
- Devil's Play is a very flavourful card and I do like it, but I think it's a bit small for commander. Fall of the Titans or even better Comet Storm do a much better job at finishing people.
- Scrabbling Claws is not good enough for graveyard hate. There exist much better alternatives (i.e. Relic of Progenitus)!
And here are my suggestions for you, including some notable omissions. Some have already been mentioned by others.
- Acidic Slime
- Mold Shambler
- Reclamation Sage!
- Sakura-Tribe Elder!
- Wood Elves!
- Farhaven Elf!
- Woodfall Primus!
- Chaos Warp!
- Krosan Grip!
- Ancient Grudge
- Comet Storm
- Hull Breach
- Skyshroud Claim!
- Hydra Broodmaster
- Beast Within!
- Xenagos, God of Revels
I would choose a number of these as replacements prefering their versatility, efficiency and power.
Those are my thoughts. :)
ps: since tappedout doesn't let me mark my most suggestions through the checkboxes for some reason, i'll put an exclamation mark next to them...