|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Rare|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Assassin
: Destroy target tapped creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||aeonstoremyliver , Supremespeed , shinobigarth , AllDayTayTay , Va1mar , XxCataclysmiCxX , mycheze , Cazaz0816 , itheoryz , webdokkeren , , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , Replayced , Bluboltar , PTsmitty , , Swamy , Bad_Dog , accioali , Tiddilywinkus , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , acbooster , Epidilius , Clarque , Mortiferus_Rosa , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , ACCG , rebelteddybear , ironax , Mousemke , silvereh|
|Want (19)||Alec , starkzero , Loonrider783 , resturgence , kvfd1719 , king0fclubs , Loading_Error , ElCamino , RoninH3RO , TheGoonSyndicate , orzhov_moskalski , mils , brchapp , Awuztein , bpm4 , frederiklw , TrackerD , mtgfortheboyz , Blue_Otaku_No.1|
Royal Assassin Discussion
1 week ago
My broad reccomendations for the direction are to go with more of an artifact based playstyle incorperating ways to trigger Macar as many times per turn as you can while clearing the field. then use all your mana for a in shot kill on everyone. a few card reccomendations are as follows but its just what caught my eye Royal Assassin Skirsdag High Priest Scrap Trawler Avatar of Woe Sheoldred, Whispering One Karn, Silver Golem Tragic Slip Tendrils of Corruption In Garruk's Wake Jandor's Saddlebags Strionic Resonator Voltaic Key Icy Manipulator Glaring Spotlight Arcane Lighthouse Illusionist's Bracers Koskun Falls No Mercy Holdout Settlement Hero's Downfall Beacon of Unrest Night's Whisper Unwinding Clock Blinkmoth Urn Scythe of the Wretched Puppet Strings Paradise Mantle
3 weeks ago
We like what you've done here; looks fun to play! We have some ideas for you that we hope will make your deck even more fun:
- We would exchange some of the land in this deck for ramp options. Spells like Rampant Growth, Nature's Lore, Cultivate or Kodama's Reach would all work well in that regard. Burgeoning and if you can afford it, Exploration are even better.
- Hermit Druid would be perfect in this deck as it allows you to fill up your graveyard while at the same time allow you to ramp. In this regard, Life from the Loam is even better, but it's also more expensive.
- Royal Assassin seems to fit right in with the overall theme of the deck.
- We would add some cards that would allow you to profit from the death of creatures in the form of drawing more cards. Our picks for that would be cards like Grim Haruspex, Harvester of Souls and Deathreap Ritual. Overall, you could also use cards like Underworld Connections or the more expensive Phyrexian Arena/Rhystic Study to draw more cards. Up to you :)
Cards from your current selection that we would cut to make room:
- Panglacial Wurm/Vorosh, the Hunter/Primeval Protector; powerful for sure, but each is very expensive to cast and not needed for your overall strategy;
- Memory Erosion; nice card but would be more at home in a mill-deck, furthermore you do not have many cards in this deck that profit from what's in your opponent's graveyard to fully utilize this card.
We hope this has helped you some. Please let us know! And if you feel like you have the time/inclination, we would love your feedback on our EDH decks. Have fun with this deck (and MTG overall)!
With kind regards,
Mrs. & Mr. NV_1980
3 weeks ago
Félix-Antoine, thanks for the suggestions. I don’t know if you’ve read my profile or seen any of my other decks, but I build budget, and my cap is about $80. I think that splashing another in general would put the deck above that limit, so I’ve thought about splashing in the past, but refrained from doing it. I would say that yes, red dragons on their own would be weak, because on their own they have almost nothing early game. That being said, I have ways to speed up dragons so I can have time to play them. There’s a lot of ramp here, with playsets of both Sol Ring and Dragonlord's Servant, so the speed isn’t really an issue. Second, I don’t know if you’ve ever played multiplayer, but do you know how hard it is to control 4 different people at once? That’s the reason why I don’t, and never have played control. Based on that, Inwould say that, at least for multiplayer, Subterranean Tremors is a much better spell, as it hits everyone’s early game creatures, rather than just one person. So, I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but it is probably better than the spells you have suggested, just for multiplayer at least. In 1 v 1 matches, I might take your advice, but in multiplayer, that might just hinder me. Also, if I really need that creature removal from Royal Assassin, I have Spit Flame to cover that base. So many thanks for the suggestions, but I think I’m going to have to pass on those specific ones. However, I will certainly think about adding a little bit more controlling elements into the deck. Good luck with your own deck, and Happy Deckbuilding!
3 weeks ago
I learn from experts that mono-red dragon deck are weak because they are hard to play for an aggro color type like red. Add some blue and/or black control/respond low mana cost spell, like Duress or Counterspell. Use also little creatures that will control batlefield and retard the game (like Royal Assassin) to give you time to play your dragon(s) as a finisher.
1 month ago
Auramancer mainly fetches Auras. I went through your list again and realised you don't run them at all, so we can ignore this suggestion.
In EDH, I'd play redundant cards if the effects are important, so u may not cut the Annex.
I'd cut the following:
Subversion - It's a 5 drop, and at best gains you 3 life each turn. It's worst in 1 v 1 situations.
Festering Evil - Same reasons as above. 5 drops should have a bigger impact on the game imho. I'd run Pestilence if I needed the damage effect, it costs 1 mana less and you have to wait till your upkeep for it to trigger.
Screams of the Damned - Same reasons as above.
Drana's Emissary - 1 life loss/gain won't get you very far, esp when we start with 40 HP in EDH.
Myojin of Night's Reach - It's effect us powerful but it's also an 8 drop. By the time you cast him, chances are, most of our opponents would have emptied their hands and have very few cards in their hands by then.
I've a Orzhov deck, though it's not the same concept as yours, perhaps you can draw some inspirations from it too. Here's the deck link.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 87 VIEWS
Feel free to check out my other decks too and give me a +1 if you like them! Cheers.
1 month ago
This looks like fun! We have some suggestions on how to improve this deck, but we're not entirely sure what your budget is, so we'll keep ourselves to some low-budget suggestions for now (let us know if you'd like us to elaborate on more expensive stuff too):
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury seems like a really nice card considering your overall strategy; especially if you can find ways to reuse his ETB trigger.
- Harvester of Souls is an exceptionally strong draw engine in a deck like yours.
- Royal Assassin is an exceptional engine of death; makes everyone think twice about tapping their creatures.
- Avatar of Woe/Visara the Dreadful are both very strong, assassin-like creatures, that would do well in your deck, though they are expensive to cast (in some cases).
We were a bit surprised to see you're playing a mono-black kill/sac deck, but without any of the incredible instant-kill power on offer for such a deck. Some examples we would definitely add would be:
And as a side note, we would also recommend Dark Ritual, because it's just awesome ramp.
- Mutilate and Black Sun's Zenith are absolutely awesome kill spells. Now imagine you cast these while you have Grave Betrayal on the field; everything you kill instantly becomes yours :)
- Buried Alive is by far the best tutor you could wish for in this deck; especially with Sheoldred on the field.
- Victimize is wonderful, considering whatever you sacrificed can be retrieved with Sheoldred.
- Rise from the Grave is awesome considering your overall strategy.
- Animate Dead/Dance of the Dead are great cards, cheap to cast, and can target whatever graveyard you wish to get some creatures from.
- Black Market makes a lot of sense in a deck that focuses on killing the way this deck does.
- Underworld Connections is a card we always recommend when it comes to mono-black, because draw is important.
Well that's it for now. We hope these suggestions are of use to you. Please let us know if they're not. Good luck with the deck.
With kind regards,
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
1 month ago
Grimgrin, Corpse-Born and Cryptbreaker have good synergy. Grimgrin is a beater, affects the board with specific removal, is a sacrifice engine, and goes well with Necrotic Ooze/Phenax, and like Cryptbreaker (gotta love them one drops) it goes well with this commander and her expendable zombies.
Sultai Ascendancy is a rather weak card, it's a 3 drop with no immediate effect, only digs two cards deep, only mills one card and at upkeep, and is one less creature to be made a 2/2 zombie from Sidisi. Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip isn't the best, he flips too quickly, his ultimate mills your opponent's not you, unlike Eternal Witness it can only recur instant/sorceries then exiles them. Thrashing Brontodon is a good piece of removal but you could upgrade with Reclamation Sage/Caustic Caterpillar/Assassin's Trophy. Vizier of Many Faces is alright, I thought I should mention Clever Impersonator/Phyrexian Metamorph/Evil Twin. Maybe Drana instead of Taigam? Venser, Shaper Savant/Royal Assassin/Archfiend of Depravity v Dream Eater? Just stuff to consider. Training Grounds is a wasted slot, it works with a handful of cards and synergy is good but always assume the worst case scenario, and ask if you would really target this card with Skullwinder.
I think you've made a fine deck otherwise. And to answer your question about a card that shuffles back alone, would Beacon of Unrest suffice?