|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creeping Tar Pit
Creeping Tar Pit enters the battlefield tapped.
symbol:T: Gain or .
: Until end of turn, Creeping Tar Pit becomes a 3/2 blue and black Elemental creature and is unblockable. It's still a land.
|Have (3)||Mortiferus_Rosa , , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (10)||yesacs , Anr2016 , bfrie , firemind12 , Entens , Jamous , 801Hellfire , S0lmyr , Drachegeist ,|
Creeping Tar Pit Discussion
6 days ago
3 weeks ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
1 month ago
May have been me lol. I play alongside Creeping Tar Pit in my Dimir rack deck. May be better suited for my version since I dont run ensnaring bridge in the main and I dont have a very demanding curve.
1 month ago
So actually, I have thought about the addition of Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive just for a little bit of poke, maybe kill a Jace, the Mind Sculptor or two. My findings have brought me to the conclusion that Creeping Tar Pit and/or Faerie Conclave would have the same, if not more impact on controlling planeswalkers. Thank you for your suggestion, however I feel that running man-lands creates more interaction and possible board impact.
1 month ago
Neurosis, Creeping Tar Pit is the only man land that can't be blocked, and also Mystical Teachings flashback cost is 5 colorless and 1 black, the black is definitely needed in the deck, and the curve on this website is off but it plays out just fine. I 2/0 amulet titan with this deck so.. Not really complaining with those results lol
2 months ago
Thanks for the insight guys, I really do appreciate it.
That said, i'm not sure how much more wincons I'm looking to add. Between the Colonnades, Snaps, and Walkers I feel like I have a good amount. I'd probably add Creeping Tar Pit before any of the other suggestions.
2 months ago
PlatinumOne is trying to change your deck from Esper Control to Esper Death's Shadow. I wouldn't go down that route, as it's a totally different deck and I think Esper Charm is phenomenal in a Control build. Also Delver of Secrets Flip is bad in Modern because it's so fragile, so I don't know he would suggest that.
If you find that you want more win conditions, there's plenty you can build into Control without changing the entire archetype. More Snaps, Vendilion Clique , Creeping Tar Pit , Gideon, Ally of Zendikar , Elspeth, Sun's Champion , Torrential Gearhulk , Tombstalker , Necropolis Fiend , and Tasigur, the Golden Fang are all good options.
Creeping Tar Pit occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.17%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%