Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Spirebluff Canal enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or fewer other lands.
: Add or to your mana pool.
1 month ago
magwaaf For you to be playing Blood Moon turn 3, you need to reliably have 2 of your lands being islands by that stage. If you think what you’re running gets you there, so be it. I’m not convinced the quantity of Spirebluff Canal/Steam Vents, and the general lack if fetches, help you get there reliably. I did some lazy math using mtgnexus and with 3 lands there’s a 42% chance you won’t have made 3-islands from that - which will hurt your ability to cast once Moon resolves.
On lands (and using mtgGoldfish as reference):
Burn is running 20, and only playing cards costing 1-2 mana.
Hammer Time is running 22, and again only really playing cmc1-2 cards (though ideally wants to be on 3 lands).
pretty much every other deck is running at least 22-25+ lands, though a lot of these have mana-curves that don’t correlate well with your deck.
You can do with that information what you want. I’m just stating that I think you’re running two-too-few lands. If you disagree, then run what you have.
I’d also suggest that, as you actively asked for advise, to try take onboard what people suggest, as getting defensive about the current build of the deck won’t help you improve it (also, combative responses might reduce the odds of some people posting that could have really good advise). Not saying we have to agree, but see what other feedback comes in and what common thoughts people have.
2 months ago
- Poppet Stitcher Flip Is great when you have 1/1s but bad if they do anything more. Prowess is an ability so you tokens wouldn't be as strong. 3 mana is also fairly espensive. We would want to slow the game down more. I might suggest Luminarch Ascension being this is a value control deck. It helps keep card advantage and if you are holding mana you can sink it here at the end step.
- Manamorphose also seems pretty good in the deck its a spell that gives you your mana back/fixes it into any of your needed colors and is card neutral.
- Hard Evidence might be replaced with Slight of Hand or Serum Visions being you want to filter your deck better.
- You are sitting a 8 fetchlands i wouldnt go past 6, 6 shock lands is also high Jeskai control is current running 7 fetch and 3 shock lands.
- Consider Mystic Gate Castle Vantress Celestial Colonnade 1x Raugrin Triome Hall of Storm Giants 1x Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire The creature lands can help close games or stall games when needed.They also are more evasive which can help. Utility lands are worth it they really help. Fiery Islet and Sunbaked Canyon can also help draw cards and filter. I run 5 in my burn deck.
- I also think 6 basics is a lot i would only do 2-3 personally. Espically when Seachrome Coast Inspiring Vantage and Spirebluff Canal exist.
- Spectral Procession is a good value card to think about, Lingering Souls is also a card but i wouldnt go that route personally.
- Boros Charm is also a great card that can protect against board wipes or give some burst with a mentor token or just give you the needed reach to close some games.
- Let me know if you want me to look at the deck some more
Lord_Grimm on Mizzix
6 months ago
That was fast! Now that we are on v2, I can get a little more detailed.
Cards to cut: Fire Servant - Only works with like 4-5 cards in the deck Desert of the Mindful - It is double the cost of the other 2 cycling lands in the deck Spirebluff Canal - Literally a tap land outside turns 1-3... Jaya's Immolating Inferno - Can only be cast if you have a legendary creature... you have 6 in total Expropriate - This card alone will give this whole build a bad reputation Spelltwine - It is so slow, and weak if there are no good choices in opponents graves Tidings - Honestly, Overflowing Insight would be better, if that is the type of effect you want in this slot Fiery Emancipation - May be good, or 'win more' Sensei's Divining Top - Feels like this is solely to help smooth out your draws
Knowing this deck's success depends on quickly accessing resources, still feels like it may be too slow. If possible adding a few more rocks, and access to proliferate cards like Tezzeret's Gambit to help tick up your counters even if Mizzix is off the board could be subtle steps toward victory. Lastly, 40 lands seems high, and 18 of them are basics. Look over my last comment and try to see if you can slot in some of the other lands I listed. Karn's Bastion seems like an auto-include on this build.
Lord_Grimm on Mizzix
6 months ago
Def feel the vibe of this deck. It did feel as though it needed to be consistently faster though.
Possible cuts:Arch of Orazca, Frostboil Snarl, Desert of the Mindful, Path of Ancestry, Spirebluff Canal, Sensei's Divining Top, Smashing Success, Fire Servant, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, Experimental Overload, Spelltwine, Tidings, Ral, Storm Conduit
Possible adds: Fellwar Stone, Fire Diamond, Lotus Petal, Coldsteel Heart, Talisman of Creativity, Jeska's Will, Mana Geyser, Stormcarved Coast, AEtherize, Mizzix's Mastery, Tezzeret's Gambit, Cyclonic Rift, Archmage Emeritus, Electrostatic Field, Zaffai, Thunder Conductor, Snapcaster Mage, Archeomancer, Wandering Archaic Flip, Electrodominance, Narset's Reversal, Chaos Warp, High Tide, Fuel for the Cause, Mindswipe, Steady Progress, Repeated Reverberation, Crackle with Power, Contentious Plan, Banefire, Chain Reaction, Echo of Eons, Primal Amulet Flip, Aetherflux Reservoir, Wayfarer's Bauble, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Riptide Laboratory, Karn's Bastion, Castle Vantress, Mystic Sanctuary, Riverglide Pathway Flip
7 months ago
Wow! Looks amazing! After the changes, the only cards I 'may' consider cutting (if you have a few more cards you'd like to run) would be the following: Phyresis, Coveted Jewel, and surprisingly Lightning Greaves. Now that you have made a huge change, feels time to talk about the land base... my recommendations in that group would be the following: Choked Estuary < Witch's Clinic, Spirebluff Canal < Blood Crypt, Flooded Strand < Scalding Tarn, Underground River < Bloodstained Mire, Shivan Reef < Morphic Pool, Mountain < Luxury Suite, Island < Riverglide Pathway Flip, Island < Clearwater Pathway Flip.
7 months ago
As far as lands go, try to avoid ones that come into play tapped without extra benefit. I would remove things like Highland Lake and instead add stuff like (depending on budget):
More budget friendly:
Less budget friendly:
Although I think it's fine to have some of the tapped ones too if you can't get enough of these. Since even thought they might be slower it will be easier to cast what you want.
10 months ago
Spirebluff Canal mandatory 3-4 of
Fiery Islet adds card draw
Frostboil Snarl is bad
You could also probably go down to 18 lands and cut some basics, since the deck is pretty low to the ground.
Dreadhorde Arcanist and Bonecrusher Giant are more for a tempo/midrange plan than an aggro plan. If you want to kill quickly like the deck title says, putting in those Sprite Dragon s from the sideboard should be much better. Also Soul-Scar Mage is another good one drop. Arcanist is still decent even though I think soul scar and sprite are better, but bonecrusher is just bad here.
Similarly to my last point, if you want this to be aggro I don't know why you have Counterspell since it's 2 cmc and reactive, plus it requires you to hold up mana which slows you down a lot.
Prismari Command is also pretty expensive, and I'm not sure if it does enough for its cost.
11 months ago
I’m trying to finish up my Pioneer Prowess deck, I’m mostly looking to trade for the cheaper stuff, I plan to buy the Steam Vents and Spirebluff Canal s this Friday. Just trying to save a bit of money by trading for the smaller stuff.
I just copied my binder from a different trade site I’m more active on, unfortunately it didn’t copy over correct sets, so ask if your interested. I’ll try to get all the sets updated tonight/tomorrow.
What I’m looking for:
- 1x Riverglide Pathway Flip
- 1x Bedlam Reveler (prefer Eldritch Moon printing)
- 1x Aether Gust
- 1x Alpine Moon
- 1x Soul-Guide Lantern
- 2x Dive Down
- 2x Soul-Scar Mage
- 1x Wild Slash
- 1x Stormwing Entity
Edit: I also have a bunch of BFZ full-art lands.