Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures have trample.
4 months ago
So I would probably suggest changing Crypt Sliver for Sedge Sliver. Reason for this is because Crystalline Sliver and Crypt Sliver are a NonBo as you cant target the slivers with the ability.
I would also probably change Shadow Sliver for Shifting Sliver. Gives you the ability to block others, but you can't be blocked. Shadow Sliver is a double edged sword, as you also can't block.
You have the option of another mana Sliver in the form of Gemhide Sliver. Trust me, Mana is your most required asset. I would drop Virulent Sliver as, to be honest, I would not genuinely expect to win with poison counters. And if this was a win con I would be going hard on it, not just a 1 chance.
As the aim of your deck is to go wide, I would be tempted to go with Shared Animosity to pump your attack power.
You have Spiteful Sliver in there, why not include Blasphemous Act? with enough creatures, this in itself can kill off your opponents.
Heart Sliver replacing Reflex Sliver is a strict upgrade. Cheaper and still gives haste.
I would question the value of Spinneret Sliver when you already have 2 slivers giving you flying.
If you are going wide Horned Sliver could be an option, however may not be needed. I would be more inclined to go with a Synapse Sliver. Need to keep that grip full of more Slivers to power the Hive.
Now... onto the mana base...
I would strongly suggest getting more dual color lands which can come into play UNTAPPED. We are in a very intensive deck, and getting to that is super important. Chromatic Lantern could be super useful, and you may also wish to replace something with Morophon, the Boundless.
Whilst ABUR duals are super expesive, and to an extent Fetchlands too, Shocklands (Godless Shrine etc.) and Bondlands (Morphic Pool etc.) may be more accessible. You could look at the Filter lands too, or checks. I just think this could essentially speed up the deck exponentially
I will have another think about some other bits as well and will get back to you :)
Mortlocke on The Queen's Egg
1 year ago
Indeed it’s been awhile since you commented, glad to hear from you. Thank you for bringing these cards onto my radar, let’s discuss them - I can easily tell that Survival of the Fittest would dramatically change the way the deck plays – with Survival of the Fittest + Dregscape Sliver on the board, access to at least 3 mana, 1 creature in hand, and at least an additional I can combo out and win the game on that turn. The only drawbacks I can see here are the mana requirements coupled with the more than likely opponent interaction that would be coming my way. Given that Dregscape Sliver’s ability is only sorcery speed – that only solidifies my concern as A simple Bojuka Bog could wreck me If I do not populate my graveyard with care and proper timing. This makes me wish that Paradox Engine wasn’t banned – I really miss that card. The verdict is out on Survival of the Fittest, I want to like to this card but I can’t help but feel hesitant in including it (let alone the investment). I think I’ll maybe proxy it in and see where that takes me. Speaking which, check out this really awesome alter:
Survival of the Fittest Sliver Alter Show
Dregscape Sliver on the other hand I’m considering including. Maybe cutting Patriarch's Bidding, as I do not like the mana investment and the potential added bonus of assisting opponents. In the metas I play in there are a lot of tribal decks – I’m sitting across from at least one or two other tribal decks every game. I’m ordering a copy today, so thank you for mentioning that card again.
Hi Sneuxfox (death by Snu snu?),
Welcome to my deck page! Thank you for posting. I’ve always wanted to work Magma Sliver into this decklist, but I don’t think it would be a good fit – Magma lends itself toward a Sliver deck that compliments a more Aggro strategy where the goal is to hit a “critical mass” of creatures and abuse enough evasion keywords to get a single creature to knock an opponent out. First Sliver's Chosen would be an absolute must include alongside Magma Sliver, as it would solidify a Voltron strategy by stacking Exalted triggers alongside Magma’s ability. I definitely agree that the aforementioned can get out hand when you have just one Sliver be the target of multiple triggers.
I agree that it's criminal that Magma doesn't make it's way into alot of lists, maybe it's due to most decks wanting to lean into the Mid-range Sliver tool box? Or maybe it's because the deck would need to be more Voltron centric? I decided to throw together a quick decklist as an example of what I think the average deck running Magma Sliver would look like:
Budget Aggro Sliver Decklist Show
- Sliver Hivelord CMDR
- Magma Sliver
- First Sliver's Chosen
- Bonescythe Sliver
- Brood Sliver
- Cloudshredder Sliver
- Crystalline Sliver
- Galerider Sliver
- Gemhide Sliver
- Harmonic Sliver
- Heart Sliver
- Hibernation Sliver
- Horned Sliver
- Manaweft Sliver
- Necrotic Sliver
- Quick Sliver
- Sedge Sliver
- Sentinel Sliver
- Shifting Sliver
- Sliver Legion
- Syphon Sliver
- Striking Sliver
- The First Sliver
- Venom Sliver
- Dregscape Sliver
- Synapse Sliver
- Hollowhead Sliver
- Homing Sliver
- Spiteful Sliver
- Arcane Signet
- Shared Animosity
- Chromatic Lantern
- Demonic Tutor
- Eladamri's Call
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Grim Tutor
- Urza's Incubator
- Herald's Horn
- Nature's Lore
- Patriarch's Bidding
- Vanquisher's Banner
- Sol Ring
- Sylvan Library
- Three Visits
- Winds of Change
- Sylvan Tutor
- Worldly Tutor
- Skyshroud Claim
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip
- Anguished Unmaking
- Assassin's Trophy
- Beast Within
- Cyclonic Rift
- Mystic Confluence
- Dovin's Veto
- Merciless Eviction
- Path to Exile
- Ruinous Ultimatum
- Nature's Claim
- Blasphemous Act
- Swan Song
- Swords to Plowshares
- Spectator Seating
- Smoldering Marsh
- Indatha Triome
- Rocky Tar Pit
- Breeding Pool
- Training Center
- City of Brass
- Command Tower
- Flood Plain
- Gemstone Mine
- Hallowed Fountain
- Llanowar Wastes
- Mana Confluence
- Vault of Champions
- Rejuvenating Springs
- Savai Triome
- Bad River
- Canopy Vista
- Scalding Tarn
- Prairie Stream
- Steam Vents
- Cinder Glade
- Zagoth Triome
- Raugrin Triome
- Underground River
- Sunken Hollow
- Verdant Catacombs
- Ketria Triome
- Watery Grave
- Mountain Valley
- Yavimaya Coast
What're your thoughts on the list, Sneuxfox ?
multimedia on Slivers
1 year ago
Hey, good start and nice Legion foil pull! Obviously you have to finish the manabase and you should really do that before you make any other changes. That being said here's some Sliver upgrades to consider:
- Manaweft Sliver --> Enduring Sliver
- Quick Sliver --> Scuttling Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> Lymph Sliver
- Crystalline Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Winged Sliver --> Reflex Sliver
- Crypt Sliver --> Poultice Sliver
- Bonescythe Sliver --> Bonesplitter Sliver
- Hibernation Sliver --> Cleaving Sliver
- Striking Sliver --> Lancer Sliver
- Sentinel Sliver --> Bladeback Sliver
- Venom Sliver --> Cautery Sliver
- Syphon Sliver --> Watcher Sliver
- Horned Sliver --> Battering Sliver
- Mirror Entity --> Might Sliver
- Realmwalker --> Sidewinder Sliver
Quick is very good with cascade, casting Slivers at instant speed.
What's your budget for the manabase? Would you like some advice on the manabase? Good luck with your deck.
B0NGUS on Getting Slivvy With It
2 years ago
I've made some cuts!
Changed Maelstrom Nexus for Descendants' Path . It's 2 mana value lower, requires 4 less colors, still casts, and doesn't care if it casts a MV greater than or equal to a creature I control.
Changed Shared Animosity for Rhystic Study . They're the same cost, but drawing cards/taxing my opponents is more important than making the hive deal more damage.
Changed Leave / Chance for Teferi's Protection . There have been multiple improvements in card draw and Chance was never used in gameplay. Leave forces me to cast all my board again.
Changed Ready / Willing for Cyclonic Rift . I needed more one-sided boardwipes, and have plenty of other forms of defense that makes Ready/Willing too redundant.
Changed Watery Grave for Vampiric Tutor . Going down to 37 lands is fine, and part of the manabase that's out of balance. Vampiric Tutor is the most powerful tutor, no explanation necessary.
Changed Polluted Delta for Overgrown Tomb (apparently it wasn't actually in the deck). Just updating imbalanced manabase, I don't need every fetch in this deck.
Changed Apex Devastator for Vanquisher's Banner . V Banner is 1/2 the cost and provides card draw upon casting. Apex Devastator was fun, and it can explode very well, but it's better elsewhere.
Changed Fury Sliver for Bonescythe Sliver . Just mana reduction costs, they both provide doublestrike. I may reconsider adding Fury Sliver back in for redundancy.
Changed Cleaving Sliver for Brood Sliver . Creating additional slivers at no cost is better than +2/+0, right?
Changed Commander's Sphere for Realmwalker . Additional sliver and card advantage, as well as scouting the top-card for cascade potential.
Changed Pillar of Origins for Prismatic Omen . Pillar of Origins is a mana rock for about 1/2 the spells in the deck, Prismatic Omen color fixes all my lands for all of the spells in the deck.
Changed Averna, the Chaos Bloom for Shifting Sliver . Averna was fun, and the mana ramp was explosive, but let's give no-non-slivers a chance to see how it impacts cascades.
Changed Explosive Vegetation for Reflections of Littjara . Reflections of Littjara doubles Mana Echoes, Distant Melody, Lavabelly, Manaweft/Gemhide, Opaline, Sedge, Spiteful, and Thorncaster effects.
Spells being considered that I own currently; Hollowhead Sliver , Doomskar , & Pyre of Heroes .
Spells being considered that are being purchased soon; Necrotic Sliver , Root Sliver , Bloom Tender , Pulmonic Sliver , Spoils of Victory , Darksteel Mutation , Synapse Sliver , Magma Sliver , Intruder Alarm , Horned Sliver , and Amoeboid Changeling .
Galerider Sliver is being purchased soon and will be changed for Winged Sliver .
Ardees on Sliver Overlord
2 years ago
Bonescythe Sliver over Horned Sliver for sure. Also, Nature's Claim or Abrupt Decay over Krosan Grip, and I'd just give Triumph of the Hordes a try.
EnbyGolem on I Am The Swarm
2 years ago
I always wanted to make an sliver EDH deck! This looks like a great build already! Maybe Horned Sliver for that late game reach? They also love Alpha Status, Stoneforge Masterwork, and Shared Animosity if you want to do a big Timmy win :) While not nearly as good as infect, Virulent Sliver also seems like a cool alternate win card you could deploy if you find yourself against lifegain or stax decks... or I guess a Triumph of the Hordes would also do. It's kind of pricey to cast but Kindred Dominance can also be brutal against creature-heavy play groups.
Mortlocke on I will have just a sliver of that rainbow cake.
3 years ago
Always happy to see another Sliver deck i've yet to come across. It's a shame that your playgroup tends to single you out due to Sliver Hate™: "When you sit down at a table consider yourself playing Archenemy, and you don't get the silly cards to help. Usually everyone just blasts the slivers and then continues the game." Sliver decks tend to be politically weak - as in some playgroups they are perceived to be a threat starting at turn 0.
My advice to combat Sliver Hate™ is to have a turn 0 talk before every game, which is structured as "1. Hi i'm bringing
Now, moving on to your deck proper - interesting choice in choosing The First Sliver as your commander, but I think you can do so much better in terms of building around it. First things first - I know running ALL the keywords is cool, but unfortunately it hurts the consistency of your deck, putting you in more situations where you just don't have the interaction or options necessary to succeed. Yes, you need to cut some creatures. How many? I recommend between 15 and 13. Here are some suggestions (just to name a few):
- Acidic Sliver: Sacing a creature let alone a Sliver to deal a paltry 2 damage is laughable at best. This sliver will not create any meaningful impact unless you have an infinite creature combo going. It's not worth the inclusion.
- Constricting Sliver: The high CMC for an Oblivion Ring-esque effect for all Slivers you control is neat - the problem however is just getting to that 6 mana. You could be casting your commander, or at the very least multiple Slivers onto the battlefield. CMC for temporary removal at best isn't good enough.
- Diffusion Sliver: This is commander. If someone wanted to pay an extra 2 to get rid of a troublesome sliver - they could do it without even thinking twice. This Sliver is designed to work in a format where you could have multiple copies on the field that would stack this effect. It doesn't work in a singleton format. Cut it.
- Frenzy Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Fury Sliver: The CMC is far to high for the effect. Run Bonescythe Sliver instead.
- Ghostflame Sliver: A cute effect. Only relevant if you are running Slivdrazi Monstrosity as your commander or you are running All Is Dust - or ideally both. Unfortunately you are running neither so this Sliver does literally nothing to advance your boardstate. Cut it.
- Groundshaker Sliver: The CMC is too high for the effect. Run Horned Sliver.
- Leeching Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Lymph Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Megantic Sliver: This Sliver is only relevant if you have a deck that focuses primarily on Combat Damage as a wincon. This one i'm honestly a bit iffy on cutting as it is a decent sliver. Just not a Great sliver in my opinion. For such a high CMC, i'd want a sliver to be downright game changing when it hits the board. This one just feels kinda..."Meh".
- Mesmeric Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Poultice Sliver: This is honestly just a bad design. You don't need this Sliver. Get Sedge Sliver instead.
- Mindlash Sliver: Paying mana to activate the ability, sacrificing a sliver, and you also have to discard a card as well? Terrible. Terrible design. I don't think this Sliver ever worked outside of it's draft format.
- Screeching Sliver: Milling a player in EDH is hard. Milling a whole table? Even harder. Since mill isn't a primary theme within your deck - i'd recommend you'd cut this. It's just not contrubuting to anything.
- Victual Sliver: This Sliver isn't really doing much. It just isn't. I'd run Hibernation Sliver instead. That sliver makes your Slivers nigh impossible to deal with as when your opponents cast targeted removal you can just go "return to hand" and play the creature on your next turn.
- Vampiric Sliver: This is just a bad Sliver by design. I get that it's a reference to Sengir Vampire - which is cool and all. But by today's standards that mechanic is trash.
- Virulent Sliver: Ah, the ol' Poison counter sliver. Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
ZendikariWol on Deck does not contain a lapdance *ding* Sliver EDH
3 years ago
Further sins for the counter:
“CARDNAME is also what I called my college dorm!” ( Arcane Sanctum , Breeding Pool , Godless Shrine , Savage Lands , Sliver Hive , and, finally, Watery Grave .
“What are you commanding the tower to do?” Command Tower
“ Forest / Morophon, the Boundless / Amoeboid Changeling / Hollowhead Sliver is what my college girlfriend called my-“ ping!
“Power creep!” Prismatic Vista
“Taxes.” Smothering Tithe
Arcane Sanctum : Tullius hates fake news!
Godless Shrine : The IRS?
Hallowed Fountain : The NSA?
Sandsteppe Citadel : Thank you, captain obvious.
Blur Sliver : I don’t know what group of people I’m making fun of here, but definitely one of them!
Horned Sliver : Shouldn’t the slivers be breaking off of the timbers?
Smothering Tithe : Organized religion!
Sliver Hivelord : Donald Trump!
Assassin's Trophy : Impeachment!
Kindred Dominance : The 2020 presidential election.
Bonescythe Sliver : How fast is a bow?? I get that they have range, but “fast” seems like a misnomer.
Sliver Legion : A fair and balanced card.
|Want (3)||SolarEclipse77 , AsheliaDaydream , koendijkstra|