Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures have trample.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Horned Sliver Discussion
2 months ago
Hey, good start and nice Legion foil pull! Obviously you have to finish the manabase and you should really do that before you make any other changes. That being said here's some Sliver upgrades to consider:
- Manaweft Sliver --> Enduring Sliver
- Quick Sliver --> Scuttling Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> Lymph Sliver
- Crystalline Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Winged Sliver --> Reflex Sliver
- Crypt Sliver --> Poultice Sliver
- Bonescythe Sliver --> Bonesplitter Sliver
- Hibernation Sliver --> Cleaving Sliver
- Striking Sliver --> Lancer Sliver
- Sentinel Sliver --> Bladeback Sliver
- Venom Sliver --> Cautery Sliver
- Syphon Sliver --> Watcher Sliver
- Horned Sliver --> Battering Sliver
- Mirror Entity --> Might Sliver
- Realmwalker --> Sidewinder Sliver
Quick is very good with cascade, casting Slivers at instant speed.
What's your budget for the manabase? Would you like some advice on the manabase? Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
I've made some cuts!
Spells being considered that are being purchased soon; Necrotic Sliver , Root Sliver , Bloom Tender , Pulmonic Sliver , Spoils of Victory , Darksteel Mutation , Synapse Sliver , Magma Sliver , Intruder Alarm , Horned Sliver , and Amoeboid Changeling .
5 months ago
10 months ago
I always wanted to make an sliver EDH deck! This looks like a great build already! Maybe Horned Sliver for that late game reach? They also love Alpha Status, Stoneforge Masterwork, and Shared Animosity if you want to do a big Timmy win :) While not nearly as good as infect, Virulent Sliver also seems like a cool alternate win card you could deploy if you find yourself against lifegain or stax decks... or I guess a Triumph of the Hordes would also do. It's kind of pricey to cast but Kindred Dominance can also be brutal against creature-heavy play groups.
1 year ago
Always happy to see another Sliver deck i've yet to come across. It's a shame that your playgroup tends to single you out due to Sliver Hate™: "When you sit down at a table consider yourself playing Archenemy, and you don't get the silly cards to help. Usually everyone just blasts the slivers and then continues the game." Sliver decks tend to be politically weak - as in some playgroups they are perceived to be a threat starting at turn 0.
My advice to combat Sliver Hate™ is to have a turn 0 talk before every game, which is structured as "1. Hi i'm bringing
Now, moving on to your deck proper - interesting choice in choosing The First Sliver as your commander, but I think you can do so much better in terms of building around it. First things first - I know running ALL the keywords is cool, but unfortunately it hurts the consistency of your deck, putting you in more situations where you just don't have the interaction or options necessary to succeed. Yes, you need to cut some creatures. How many? I recommend between 15 and 13. Here are some suggestions (just to name a few):
- Acidic Sliver: Sacing a creature let alone a Sliver to deal a paltry 2 damage is laughable at best. This sliver will not create any meaningful impact unless you have an infinite creature combo going. It's not worth the inclusion.
- Constricting Sliver: The high CMC for an Oblivion Ring-esque effect for all Slivers you control is neat - the problem however is just getting to that 6 mana. You could be casting your commander, or at the very least multiple Slivers onto the battlefield. CMC for temporary removal at best isn't good enough.
- Diffusion Sliver: This is commander. If someone wanted to pay an extra 2 to get rid of a troublesome sliver - they could do it without even thinking twice. This Sliver is designed to work in a format where you could have multiple copies on the field that would stack this effect. It doesn't work in a singleton format. Cut it.
- Frenzy Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Fury Sliver: The CMC is far to high for the effect. Run Bonescythe Sliver instead.
- Ghostflame Sliver: A cute effect. Only relevant if you are running Slivdrazi Monstrosity as your commander or you are running All Is Dust - or ideally both. Unfortunately you are running neither so this Sliver does literally nothing to advance your boardstate. Cut it.
- Groundshaker Sliver: The CMC is too high for the effect. Run Horned Sliver.
- Leeching Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Lymph Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Megantic Sliver: This Sliver is only relevant if you have a deck that focuses primarily on Combat Damage as a wincon. This one i'm honestly a bit iffy on cutting as it is a decent sliver. Just not a Great sliver in my opinion. For such a high CMC, i'd want a sliver to be downright game changing when it hits the board. This one just feels kinda..."Meh".
- Mesmeric Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Poultice Sliver: This is honestly just a bad design. You don't need this Sliver. Get Sedge Sliver instead.
- Mindlash Sliver: Paying mana to activate the ability, sacrificing a sliver, and you also have to discard a card as well? Terrible. Terrible design. I don't think this Sliver ever worked outside of it's draft format.
- Screeching Sliver: Milling a player in EDH is hard. Milling a whole table? Even harder. Since mill isn't a primary theme within your deck - i'd recommend you'd cut this. It's just not contrubuting to anything.
- Victual Sliver: This Sliver isn't really doing much. It just isn't. I'd run Hibernation Sliver instead. That sliver makes your Slivers nigh impossible to deal with as when your opponents cast targeted removal you can just go "return to hand" and play the creature on your next turn.
- Vampiric Sliver: This is just a bad Sliver by design. I get that it's a reference to Sengir Vampire - which is cool and all. But by today's standards that mechanic is trash.
- Virulent Sliver: Ah, the ol' Poison counter sliver. Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
1 year ago
Further sins for the counter:
“What are you commanding the tower to do?” Command Tower
“Power creep!” Prismatic Vista
“Taxes.” Smothering Tithe
Arcane Sanctum : Tullius hates fake news!
Godless Shrine : The IRS?
Hallowed Fountain : The NSA?
Sandsteppe Citadel : Thank you, captain obvious.
Blur Sliver : I don’t know what group of people I’m making fun of here, but definitely one of them!
Horned Sliver : Shouldn’t the slivers be breaking off of the timbers?
Smothering Tithe : Organized religion!
Sliver Hivelord : Donald Trump!
Assassin's Trophy : Impeachment!
Kindred Dominance : The 2020 presidential election.
Bonescythe Sliver : How fast is a bow?? I get that they have range, but “fast” seems like a misnomer.
Sliver Legion : A fair and balanced card.
2 years ago
Looks like a great deck, we haven't updated ours with the Modern Horizons stuff yet. Might I suggest cutting Horned Sliver Coat of Arms and Crop Rotation for Crystalline Sliver Slate of Ancestry and Skullclamp ?
2 years ago
Sliver Overlord then tutor up Venom Sliver and Horned Sliver . slivers have a lot of power buffing creatures like Sinew Sliver and Predatory Sliver to help ramp up that trample damage. you also get Striking Sliver , which is really good with deathtouch. a 1/1 with first strike/deathtouch can safely block and kill a vanilla 10/10, for example.