Creature — Sliver
Sliver creatures you control have ': Gain one mana of any colour."
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Manaweft Sliver Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, well done so far, nice Queen. The manabase is underwhelming for five colors and you forgot Command Tower.
31 lands is a low amount to have enough color fixing when five colors are essential to cast Overlord as well as needing many different color combinations in the early turns of the game to cast Slivers. Compared to the rest of your deck, other than five lands (Forbidden, Exotic, Crypt, Tree, Zagoth), the rest of the manabase has been neglected. What is the Snow theme for? Playing Snow for Into the North doesn't seem worth it since all the Snow duals always ETB tapped.
Consider adding 3-5 more lands and some more 2 CMC ramp that can make any color?
- Manaweft Sliver --> Spectral Sliver
- Arcane Signet --> Kasmina's Transmutation
- Fellwar Stone --> Into the North
- Command Tower --> No Escape
- Path of Ancestry --> Run Away Together
- Unclaimed Territory --> Death Pits of Rath
Some Sliver upgrades to consider:
- Basal Sliver --> Spined Sliver
- Manaweft Sliver --> Spectral Sliver
- Amoeboid Changeling --> Hivestone
- Bonescythe Sliver --> Fungus Sliver
- Harmonic Sliver --> Blade Sliver
- Striking Sliver --> Plated Sliver
- Sentinel Sliver --> Hunter Sliver
- Two-Headed Sliver --> Poultice Sliver
- Realmwalker --> Mindlash Sliver
Basal Sliver combos with Sliver Queen to make infinite 1/1 Slivers which Lavabelly Sliver is a win condition. Amoeboid Changeling is a Changeling which are all creature types. It's a Sliver while in your hand, library, graveyard and because it's a Sliver in your library you can tutor for it with Overlord. Overlord and Amoeboid have repeatable interaction to turn an opponent's creature into a Silver and then gain control of it.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Manaweft Sliver is another two drop mana Sliver. Shifting Sliver makes all your Slivers unblockable. Venom Sliver gives all deathtouch. These three Slivers could replace three of the higher CMC Slivers that have redundant effects. Blasphemous Act wrecks your opponents with Hivelord as Commander.
- Sol Ring --> Universal Automaton
- Manaweft Sliver --> Groundshaker Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Venom Sliver --> Fury Sliver
- Blasphemous Act --> Lymph Sliver
Consider more draw?
- Reconnaissance Mission
- Elemental Bond: if you control an anthem effect, that effect counts to increase the power of a Silver who ETB. Many Slivers only need one anthem effect to have 3 power.
- Return of the Wildspeaker
- Pact of the Serpent
- Distant Melody
- Painful Truths
Consider cutting a few of the lesser Slivers for more draw?
- Reconnaissance Mission --> Fungus Sliver
- Wild Pair --> Watcher Sliver
- Pyre of Heroes --> Talon Sliver
- Elemental Bond --> Steelform Sliver
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Evolution Charm
- Cinder Glade --> Sheltered Thicket
- Canopy Vista --> Blossoming Sands
- Sunken Hollow --> Temple of Mystery
- Prairie Stream --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Smoldering Marsh --> Canyon Slough
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
With the amount of 3-drops, as well as some 4cmc cards, I think 20 lands is a little too low (even with Manaweft Sliver). Personally, I think you should go up to 22 lands, ditching 2 of the Lead the Stampede
4 months ago
legendofa: just noticed you said slivers should stick to 1-3 colors, but i'm fine with all 5. a proper selection of fetch lands and shock lands, Sliver Hive , Aether Vial , and Manaweft Sliver and i almost never have problems getting the right color.
5 months ago
Hey, who's the Commander of your deck? That matters when you trying to restrict the budget.
There's four choices here Sliver Overlord , The First Sliver , Sliver Hivelord and Sliver Legion . In my opinion Overlord and First Sliver are better Commanders than Hivelord and Legion. First Silver is the least expensive price Commander option because it's been reprinted in Modern Horizons 2 meaning in the coming weeks it's going to go down in price even more. You have Hibernation Sliver and Quick Sliver which are busted with First Sliver when it's Commander.
If Overlord isn't the Commander than it's a fine cut to make due to the budget restrictions because Overlord is much less powerful when it's part of the 99 than when it's Commander. Using First Silver as Commander and cutting Overlord opens up a lot more budget for the rest of the deck such as adding Syphon Sliver to abuse Hibernation. Hivelord and Legion are good with First Sliver as Commander because with cascade you can get a lot of Slivers on the battlefield which both these help with attacking Slivers. If Sliver win condition combos are something you want to assemble then Overlord is the better Commander.
In the editor in the section where you can add cards to the decklist find the Sliver who's the Commander and type CMDR after it's text.
The First Sliver *CMDR*
Some budget Slivers upgrades to consider:
- Manaweft Sliver : another Gemhide.
- Amoeboid Changeling : if playing Overlord as Commander.
- Necrotic Sliver
- Pulmonic Sliver : Slivers that die go to the top of your library to then be cast with cascade.
- Crypt Sliver
- Mirror Entity : combine it with Gemhide/Manawelf + Sentinel to make huge Sliver attacks.
- Winged Sliver
- Striking Sliver
After you've chosen your Commander and if interested in any of these suggestions than I offer more advice including cuts to consider and budget manabase options. Good luck with your deck.
6 months ago
Hello again Doombeard1984 :)
Sedge Sliver was on and off the list quite a bit as it evolved. I like the synergy with Manaweft Sliver and Gemhide Sliver that you pointed out. Ultimately, I just cut Sedge Sliver to maintain curve. There isn't anything I'd pull right now at 3cmc to include that card. Maybe that will change in time.
Also, I built from bottom up to account for what colour I wanted to fetch in what order, and I generally want to dig for black before red, as black enables tutors, whereas red really only enables play late when I'm looking to combo off. I threw in the older Clot Sliver as regenerate redundancy for that very reason.
I'll definitely keep that in mind as I play though, and maybe dig for Hibernation Sliver or Basal Sliver if I see a nonbo in hand, as either would re-enable the regen at instant speed, and I'd have black on the table at that point if Crypt Sliver was in play. Thanks for the heads up!!
6 months ago
Greetings again Azielle,
So I was having another look at the list, and there is a bit of a nonBo in there. If a boardwipe was hit, and you happened to have Crypt Sliver and Crystalline Sliver , because the regeneration targets, you will not be able to regen your board. So, as having mana producing slivers is fairly common place, do you think Sedge Sliver would be a better include. The regeneration doesn't target and so each sliver essentially says "Tap: regenerate this creature" if you have a Manaweft Sliver or Gemhide Sliver in play.
Just a thought.
8 months ago
Hey, good start and nice Legion foil pull! Obviously you have to finish the manabase and you should really do that before you make any other changes. That being said here's some Sliver upgrades to consider:
- Manaweft Sliver --> Enduring Sliver
- Quick Sliver --> Scuttling Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> Lymph Sliver
- Crystalline Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Winged Sliver --> Reflex Sliver
- Crypt Sliver --> Poultice Sliver
- Bonescythe Sliver --> Bonesplitter Sliver
- Hibernation Sliver --> Cleaving Sliver
- Striking Sliver --> Lancer Sliver
- Sentinel Sliver --> Bladeback Sliver
- Venom Sliver --> Cautery Sliver
- Syphon Sliver --> Watcher Sliver
- Horned Sliver --> Battering Sliver
- Mirror Entity --> Might Sliver
- Realmwalker --> Sidewinder Sliver
Quick is very good with cascade, casting Slivers at instant speed.
What's your budget for the manabase? Would you like some advice on the manabase? Good luck with your deck.