Creature — Sliver
Sliver creatures you control have double strike. (They deal both first-strike and regular combat damage.)
|Have (5)||metalmagic , Redbeard09 , Wazerwifle , CampbellStev , WillofForce|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Bonescythe Sliver Discussion
2 months ago
For mana curve you may want to consider enchantments that have lands produce more than 1 mana at a time. This would include, but not be limited to, Fertile Ground , Trace of Abundance and Utopia Sprawl . You won't have to wait for time counters to all disappear before deploying them to the battlefield. The mana base will also be more flexible.
Have you considered adding any combination Assault Formation , Doran, the Siege Tower (in case Harmonic Sliver backfires on you) and High Alert ? With them on the battlefield you can then sacrifice Dormant Sliver only if you have to. This will also allow for roughly the same combo with Morophon as you would with Realmwalker and Morophon.
If you choose to do this I would then recommend Teferi's Ageless Insight to boost your card draw.
2 months ago
Hey, good start and nice Legion foil pull! Obviously you have to finish the manabase and you should really do that before you make any other changes. That being said here's some Sliver upgrades to consider:
- Manaweft Sliver --> Enduring Sliver
- Quick Sliver --> Scuttling Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> Lymph Sliver
- Crystalline Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Winged Sliver --> Reflex Sliver
- Crypt Sliver --> Poultice Sliver
- Bonescythe Sliver --> Bonesplitter Sliver
- Hibernation Sliver --> Cleaving Sliver
- Striking Sliver --> Lancer Sliver
- Sentinel Sliver --> Bladeback Sliver
- Venom Sliver --> Cautery Sliver
- Syphon Sliver --> Watcher Sliver
- Horned Sliver --> Battering Sliver
- Mirror Entity --> Might Sliver
- Realmwalker --> Sidewinder Sliver
Quick is very good with cascade, casting Slivers at instant speed.
What's your budget for the manabase? Would you like some advice on the manabase? Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
I've made some cuts!
Spells being considered that are being purchased soon; Necrotic Sliver , Root Sliver , Bloom Tender , Pulmonic Sliver , Spoils of Victory , Darksteel Mutation , Synapse Sliver , Magma Sliver , Intruder Alarm , Horned Sliver , and Amoeboid Changeling .
5 months ago
I love Slivers so like everyone else, I am happy to help another in the Hive. Some quick suggestions on my part: Galerider Sliver, Brood Sliver, Toxin Sliver, Bonescythe Sliver, but most importantly, you need Shifting Sliver.
5 months ago
10 months ago
I would throw in Sliver Queen, Coat of Arms, Belligerent Sliver, Bonescythe Sliver,Lavabelly Sliver, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Legion, Sliver Overlord, and Syphon Sliver. I would remove a lot of the slivers that give other slivers an ability that costs 2 mana to activate.
1 year ago
Oh, and a tangential thought: Having a strategy where you can populate the board quickly goes really nice Stuffy Sliver. Two Slivers that came to mind were Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver. Their synergy or combo plays as follows:
Bonescythe Sliver grants each sliver Double strike, giving them two combat damage assignment steps. When you combine that with Brood Sliver you gain 1 Sliver creature token generated per combat damage step that assigns damage to an opponent. A sliver doubling season if you will.
So, with the previously mentioned on the battlefield you could have a large amount of tokens on the board that would give you many more Stuffy Sliver damage assignments.
1 year ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.