Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures have double strike.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fury Sliver Discussion
3 months ago
I've made some cuts!
Spells being considered that are being purchased soon; Necrotic Sliver , Root Sliver , Bloom Tender , Pulmonic Sliver , Spoils of Victory , Darksteel Mutation , Synapse Sliver , Magma Sliver , Intruder Alarm , Horned Sliver , and Amoeboid Changeling .
7 months ago
Hey, good budget version of Slivers. Nice Morophon and Overlord :)
Command Tower and Exotic Orchard are two less than $1 each Rainbow lands that are staples for five color decks. Path of Ancestry is a fine tribal Rainbow land and it's been reprinted in Commander Legends. Sol Ring , Arcane Signet and Commander's Sphere are three budget staple mana rocks and all are reprinted in Commander Legends which will make Sol/Arcane close or even less than $2 each.
Quick Sliver lets you cast Slivers at instant speed and cascading at instant speed is powerful because timing restrictions for the card you get with cascade don't matter. Flash with Slivers is also good with Harmonic Sliver able to destroy an artifact or enchantment at instant speed. Crystalline Sliver maybe out of budget range at $7, but giving Shroud to all your Slivers protects them from targeted removal. Combine Crystalline with Sliver Hivelord to make your Slivers very difficult for your opponents to deal with. Shifting Sliver makes your Slivers unblockable in combat unless an opponent controls a Sliver.
Amoeboid Changeling is a Sliver since Changelings are all creature types, even if they're in your library or graveyard. Amoeboid combos with Sliver Overlord to gain permanent control of any creature an opponent controls since you change that creature before you gain control of it into a Sliver with Amoeboid. Mirror Entity is another Changeling and it's ability can change all Slivers power/toughness to any number equal to the amount of mana you pay. This can result in attacks with large powered Slivers and Entity has good interaction with Gemhide Sliver + Sentinel Sliver which lets you attack and then tap all your Slivers to make mana to activate Entity. Any anthem effects such as Muscle Sliver or +1/+1 counters that are on Slivers are also applied to the Sliver after you change the power/toughness with Entity.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Warped Landscape
- Blighted Woodland
- Mountain Valley
- Pillar of Origins
- Sphere of the Suns
- Armillary Sphere
- Battle Sliver
- Bonesplitter Sliver
- Cleaving Sliver
- Fury Sliver
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
Always happy to see another Sliver deck i've yet to come across. It's a shame that your playgroup tends to single you out due to Sliver Hate™: "When you sit down at a table consider yourself playing Archenemy, and you don't get the silly cards to help. Usually everyone just blasts the slivers and then continues the game." Sliver decks tend to be politically weak - as in some playgroups they are perceived to be a threat starting at turn 0.
My advice to combat Sliver Hate™ is to have a turn 0 talk before every game, which is structured as "1. Hi i'm bringing
Now, moving on to your deck proper - interesting choice in choosing The First Sliver as your commander, but I think you can do so much better in terms of building around it. First things first - I know running ALL the keywords is cool, but unfortunately it hurts the consistency of your deck, putting you in more situations where you just don't have the interaction or options necessary to succeed. Yes, you need to cut some creatures. How many? I recommend between 15 and 13. Here are some suggestions (just to name a few):
- Acidic Sliver: Sacing a creature let alone a Sliver to deal a paltry 2 damage is laughable at best. This sliver will not create any meaningful impact unless you have an infinite creature combo going. It's not worth the inclusion.
- Constricting Sliver: The high CMC for an Oblivion Ring-esque effect for all Slivers you control is neat - the problem however is just getting to that 6 mana. You could be casting your commander, or at the very least multiple Slivers onto the battlefield. CMC for temporary removal at best isn't good enough.
- Diffusion Sliver: This is commander. If someone wanted to pay an extra 2 to get rid of a troublesome sliver - they could do it without even thinking twice. This Sliver is designed to work in a format where you could have multiple copies on the field that would stack this effect. It doesn't work in a singleton format. Cut it.
- Frenzy Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Fury Sliver: The CMC is far to high for the effect. Run Bonescythe Sliver instead.
- Ghostflame Sliver: A cute effect. Only relevant if you are running Slivdrazi Monstrosity as your commander or you are running All Is Dust - or ideally both. Unfortunately you are running neither so this Sliver does literally nothing to advance your boardstate. Cut it.
- Groundshaker Sliver: The CMC is too high for the effect. Run Horned Sliver.
- Leeching Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Lymph Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Megantic Sliver: This Sliver is only relevant if you have a deck that focuses primarily on Combat Damage as a wincon. This one i'm honestly a bit iffy on cutting as it is a decent sliver. Just not a Great sliver in my opinion. For such a high CMC, i'd want a sliver to be downright game changing when it hits the board. This one just feels kinda..."Meh".
- Mesmeric Sliver: Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
- Poultice Sliver: This is honestly just a bad design. You don't need this Sliver. Get Sedge Sliver instead.
- Mindlash Sliver: Paying mana to activate the ability, sacrificing a sliver, and you also have to discard a card as well? Terrible. Terrible design. I don't think this Sliver ever worked outside of it's draft format.
- Screeching Sliver: Milling a player in EDH is hard. Milling a whole table? Even harder. Since mill isn't a primary theme within your deck - i'd recommend you'd cut this. It's just not contrubuting to anything.
- Victual Sliver: This Sliver isn't really doing much. It just isn't. I'd run Hibernation Sliver instead. That sliver makes your Slivers nigh impossible to deal with as when your opponents cast targeted removal you can just go "return to hand" and play the creature on your next turn.
- Vampiric Sliver: This is just a bad Sliver by design. I get that it's a reference to Sengir Vampire - which is cool and all. But by today's standards that mechanic is trash.
- Virulent Sliver: Ah, the ol' Poison counter sliver. Refer to my comments on Diffusion Sliver.
1 year ago
Appreciate the suggestions as this opened my eyes to re-tooling the manabase. This is the first commander deck I built and I made the mistake of never revisiting the manabase.
I think i'm going to go a little different route though and if you have any other thoughts on this strategy i'd love to hear them.
The plan is to increase the basics land count to 13-15 with a little extra focus on green. With those i'll add the green ramp/fixing staples of Kodama's Reach , Cultivate , Rampant Growth , Farseek , and Explosive Vegetation .
In addition to the basics i'm planning to add the Battle lands for another shot of entering untapped.
I understand your point about cutting these guys:
Jolrael, Empress of Beasts - Love holding a player hostage with the land destruction threat. Sad to see it go.
1 year ago
Hey, great deck name, +1 just for that :)
21 of the 34 lands in the manabase ETB tapped. That's a lot and not good for a five color deck. Since this is a budget manabase, budget lands to consider adding:
Are Thorncaster Sliver , Ward Sliver , Jolrael, Empress of Beasts , Might Sliver and Pulmonic Sliver worth playing as five drops? The five drop Sliver here you want to play is Hivelord or Overload, playing seven other five drop creatures doesn't seem needed and can hurt the consistency of being able to play the better five drops. There's quite a few other five drop noncreature cards here too. Constricting Sliver , Fury Sliver , Megantic Sliver are six drop Slivers and they also don't seem needed.
Other cards to consider adding:
- Sol Ring
- Eladamri's Call
- Fellwar Stone
- Mystic Remora
- Amoeboid Changeling
- Homing Sliver
- Venom Sliver
- Striking Sliver
- The First Sliver
- Shared Animosity
- Dovin's Veto
Cards to consider cutting:
- Vivid Crag
- Vivid Creek
- Vivid Grove
- Vivid Marsh
- Vivid Meadow
- Thorncaster Sliver
- Ward Sliver
- Constricting Sliver
- Fury Sliver
- Megantic Sliver
- Jolrael, Empress of Beasts
- Might Sliver
- Pulmonic Sliver
- Spreading Plague
- Star of Extinction
- Door of Destinies
3 years ago
Maybe add more Venom Slivers, Sentinel Slivers, and Predatory Slivers, as in the early game, they can dominate. Deathtouch can be extremely powerful with so many creatures, and having vigilance means you don't have to commit to attacking or defending. Predatory Sliver makes your slivers less susceptible to burn spells, and makes the weakest slivers, such as Manaweft Sliver and Striking Sliver more formidable. I don't like Battle Sliver, you would much rather just remove it and run 4 Megantic Slivers, since for 1 more mana you get an additional +1/+3. An obvious replacement is to take out Fury Sliver and add another Bonescythe Sliver. Last suggestions, increase the number of Constricting Slivers and decrease the number of Bonesplitter Slivers. Nice deck, keep up the good work, and I hope these suggestions help.
3 years ago
Mirror Entity is a very good sliver
3 years ago
Harmonic Sliver to eliminate those pesky pillow forts and mana rocks
Fury Sliver to pound their faces into oblivion and double any triggers that you have upon damage
Toxin Sliver to discourage blockers
There's a lot of options in a sliver deck, good luck :)