Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures have flying.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Winged Sliver Discussion
2 months ago
Hey, who's the Commander of your deck? That matters when you trying to restrict the budget.
There's four choices here Sliver Overlord , The First Sliver , Sliver Hivelord and Sliver Legion . In my opinion Overlord and First Sliver are better Commanders than Hivelord and Legion. First Silver is the least expensive price Commander option because it's been reprinted in Modern Horizons 2 meaning in the coming weeks it's going to go down in price even more. You have Hibernation Sliver and Quick Sliver which are busted with First Sliver when it's Commander.
If Overlord isn't the Commander than it's a fine cut to make due to the budget restrictions because Overlord is much less powerful when it's part of the 99 than when it's Commander. Using First Silver as Commander and cutting Overlord opens up a lot more budget for the rest of the deck such as adding Syphon Sliver to abuse Hibernation. Hivelord and Legion are good with First Sliver as Commander because with cascade you can get a lot of Slivers on the battlefield which both these help with attacking Slivers. If Sliver win condition combos are something you want to assemble then Overlord is the better Commander.
In the editor in the section where you can add cards to the decklist find the Sliver who's the Commander and type CMDR after it's text.
The First Sliver *CMDR*
Some budget Slivers upgrades to consider:
- Manaweft Sliver : another Gemhide.
- Amoeboid Changeling : if playing Overlord as Commander.
- Necrotic Sliver
- Pulmonic Sliver : Slivers that die go to the top of your library to then be cast with cascade.
- Crypt Sliver
- Mirror Entity : combine it with Gemhide/Manawelf + Sentinel to make huge Sliver attacks.
- Winged Sliver
- Striking Sliver
After you've chosen your Commander and if interested in any of these suggestions than I offer more advice including cuts to consider and budget manabase options. Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
5 months ago
Hey, good start and nice Legion foil pull! Obviously you have to finish the manabase and you should really do that before you make any other changes. That being said here's some Sliver upgrades to consider:
- Manaweft Sliver --> Enduring Sliver
- Quick Sliver --> Scuttling Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> Lymph Sliver
- Crystalline Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Winged Sliver --> Reflex Sliver
- Crypt Sliver --> Poultice Sliver
- Bonescythe Sliver --> Bonesplitter Sliver
- Hibernation Sliver --> Cleaving Sliver
- Striking Sliver --> Lancer Sliver
- Sentinel Sliver --> Bladeback Sliver
- Venom Sliver --> Cautery Sliver
- Syphon Sliver --> Watcher Sliver
- Horned Sliver --> Battering Sliver
- Mirror Entity --> Might Sliver
- Realmwalker --> Sidewinder Sliver
Quick is very good with cascade, casting Slivers at instant speed.
What's your budget for the manabase? Would you like some advice on the manabase? Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
Hey, good version of Overlord on a budget.
- Cinder Glade --> Rugged Highlands
- Smoldering Marsh --> Bloodfell Caves
- Prairie Stream --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Sunken Hollow --> Gateway Plaza
By adding the Battle lands then Farseek is two drop land ramp spell that can search for a dual land and it could replace Circuitous Route . Playing Tri lands with Bounce lands can be problematic when having to bounce a Tri land. Consider playing only the Tri lands and cutting the Bounce lands? Some budget Pain lands could replace the Bounce lands.
- Caves of Koilos --> Orzhov Basilica
- Shivan Reef --> Izzet Boilerworks
- Battlefield Forge --> Boros Garrison
These potential land upgrades can speed up game play since increasing the amount of lands that can ETB untapped and cutting ones that always ETB tapped. Crop Rotation is a budget land tutor that get any land and put it onto the battlefield and it's helpful when playing lots of basic lands. Faeburrow Elder is powerful in five color decks with so many possibilities from Slivers of having different colored permanents. Elder could replace Firemind Vessel .
Some other budget upgrades to consider:
- Necrotic Sliver ($0.25) --> Mortify
- Winged Sliver --> Shadow Sliver
- Dormant Sliver ($0.25) or Beast Whisperer --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Realmwalker --> Telekinetic Sliver
- Pact of the Serpent --> Prophetic Prism
- Preordain --> Ponder
- Victimize --> Return from Extinction
Shadow Sliver can be a problem not being able to block with Slivers. Dormant Sliver is repeatable draw, but Slivers can't attack until you remove it. Beast Whisperer can be a alternative to Dormant if not being able to attack is something you don't want to worry about. Preordain with scry 2 before draw is better than Ponder and it's less than $1.
Good luck with your deck.
6 months ago
I've made some cuts!
Spells being considered that are being purchased soon; Necrotic Sliver , Root Sliver , Bloom Tender , Pulmonic Sliver , Spoils of Victory , Darksteel Mutation , Synapse Sliver , Magma Sliver , Intruder Alarm , Horned Sliver , and Amoeboid Changeling .
1 year ago
I really like Winged Sliver -- it is a one mana flyer that also gives flying to changelings (and creatures that become slivers through enchantment effects)