Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
|Have (2)||, metalmagic|
|Want (4)||Instinctive , Darui , NotOnline , Grimlok893|
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Krosan Grip Discussion
1 day ago
Hey man! so far I really dig your list and it's already looking pretty good. Some suggestions I`d make are:
Adding more low CMC creatures who can sac themselves especially activated for no mana cost are good with Meren to get experience counters faster without needing a sac outlet. Especially Dawntreader Elk and Diligent Farmhand are more optimal than Yavimaya Elder or Viridian Emissary. Other options are Blood Pet or Apprentice Necromancer.
I see you're running the Mike + Trike combo, so I'd add some protection like Sylvan Safekeeper, Heroic Intervention or Veil of Summer to prevent interuption. If you're going for a more controlly attempt I'd further more add some instant speed interaction like Krosan Grip, Beast Within or Assassin's Trophy.
All in all I'd try to lower the average cmc a bit, by cutting some of the high cost cards like Butcher of Malakir to speed up overall game play.
Good luck and stay safe!
2 weeks ago
I decree that by running Curse of Verbosity you are encouraging your opponents to spread their germs and break social distancing regulations, and that neither very responsible of you, nor is it something a good noodle would do.
Actually now that I think about it you should just take all of your interaction out of this deck to fit the theme. No counters, no removal, no nothin. Just walls.
Now as for playable additions to this deck I'd recommend Crawlspace as an addition to your pillowfort. This is also a personal thing but I'd prefer Nature's Claim over either Krosan Grip or Return to Nature. Cheaper, negligible drawback, and it does basically the same thing. It's a preference thing though so it's all up to you.
Nice fun and fair deck. I like it. :^)
3 weeks ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
3 weeks ago
I think you really need some enchantment hate in the sideboard because cards like Rest in Peace or Leyline of the Void will really ruin your day. Abrupt Decay can handle only some enchantments. Something like Reclamation Sage or Krosan Grip could be worth considering for the board and would also help against artifacts, too.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
You are too dependent on your commander. Once it's is cared of, you have no way to win. Controls, decks with lots of responses will deal with this easily. If you want to play this successfully, you should consider to throw in some kind of slow downs like:
To be able to protect you commander against uncounterable spells:
Spells to change:
- Mana Leak for Counterspell
- Neutralize for Disallow (you can counter abilities of nasty stuff like Ulamog, planeswalkers etc.)
- Naturalize for Krosan Grip (cannot be countered)
Try a way to throw in a Ashnod's Altar. It will speed you up.
1 month ago
Helloo some reccomendations for improvements