|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Ooze Mutant
Experiment Kraj has all activated abilities of each other creature with a +1/+1 counter on it.
: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Experiment Kraj Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hello hkhssweiss. Hopefully the final edit to my deck before I purchase it:
Cards I Took Out:
- Aven Mindcensor
- Bojuka Bog
- Master Transmuter (I don't think there is enough value to put this card into the deck. Sure, I can cheat out Blightsteel Colossus , but that's really the only big thing. The transmuter is eating up a 4 mana slot and about $13.)
- Whispersilk Cloak (It costs too much and there are better cards for that slot.)
- Merciless Eviction (I'll just sub this one out with Vampiric Tutor , because if I really need that extra board wipe, I can just tutor it.)
- Indomitable Archangel (Again, the I don't really know if it's worth it. I already have the Padeem, Consul of Innovation , and he is much better anyway, especially because I can target my own artifacts with him.)
- Jace Beleren (My card draw is already really strong, and I don't want to add him in just because of his ultimate.)
Cards I Added In:
- Sun Titan (Since most of my permanents are 3 CMC or less anyway, he's insane recursion.)
- Ashiok, Dream Render (Better than Aven Mindcensor , and also has graveyard hate? I'm in.)
- Teferi, Time Raveler (Limiting my opponents to only casting at sorcery speed is great, and he can even bounce things so that I can play them later.)
- Karn, the Great Creator (Combos with Mycosynth Lattice , but even if I don't have the lattice on the field, it still prevents opponents from using mana rocks and other pesky artifacts. I don't know how sideboards work for commander, but I think I could just put another lattice in there and tutor it with his -2.)
- Vampiric Tutor (I got it for my birthday, and its just a good card overall.)
- Rest in Peace (Superb graveyard hate, even after it has been played.)
- Nevermore (I have this friend in my playgroup who likes comboing off with Experiment Kraj , his commander, so I wanted to run this to take it off the table.)
Anyway, after I make these changes, I'll try to format the mana base's ratio of basics a bit better.
1 month ago
Thrasios, Triton Hero is the most competitive since his ability can get you insaaaane value, but there are some cards with great potential if you build into them well enough, like Experiment Kraj (which my buddy built) and my personal favorite: Pir and Toothy. Thanks dbpunk for mentioning them!
2 months ago
I think scrubbing the illicit content and some of the politics was an improvement, though I will not pretend to know what you are trying to say. I suppose the important thing is that you understand it, since it seems to be your way of expressing yourself.
For Green/Blue counters, are you trying to make a fun deck or something competitive? For fun, Experiment Kraj might be an interesting option. It was recently reprinted, so I expect it might increase its popularity some, but, as of right now, it seems to be fairly unused.
I think Ezuri, Claw of Progress is the traditional Simic +1/+1 counter commander though.
My SO has a pretty fun deck that runs Necropotence alongside Children of Korlis and graveyard recursion, allowing her to burn down to next-to-nothing, then sacrifice Children to recover the lost health. Necropotence ensures she draws into her recursion spells, allowing her to use Children again.
Upgrading your account on this site is a one-time payment of $5.00. Besides supporting this wonderful website, you also (a) get the ability to change your name's design, (b) can enable chat, allowing private one-on-one conversations with other users, and (c) it provides you the ability to edit your posts for a couple minutes after you make them.
There are not different levels to the upgrade--the base upgrade allows you to make as fancy as a username as you want, provided you are able to write the code (or have someone help you with the code) for it.
I presumed that you, being an active member of tappedout, designed this deck because you wanted to share your inner thoughts with other people. Some of these thoughts, however, such as the political ones, really do not belong in open discussion.
I am not sure I know how to comment on the names and things in your description. A whole lot of it is anime references I do not know (I think the only one I did recognize was Puella Magi Madoka Magica), and there is a lot of stream of consciousness that can be a bit hard to follow. I think what is important is (a) making sure you feel it is a good representation of yourself, and (b) that you are not discussing topics which really should not be raised in a public MTG forum.
I know that's not really helpful for your deck and description, but I am really reluctant to critique something you find so personal. It would be a bit silly for me to say how you should define and represent yourself!
3 months ago
Yay. Everyone loves some Commander. It's pretty much Magic as Richard Garfield, Ph.D. intended. If you want to see what your options are, I recommend checking out EDHREC. If you click on the Commanders tab at the top, you can see what your options are in each color identity, and if you click on the themes (tribal, +1/+1 counters, graveyard, etc.) tab, you can see if any of those styles of decks speak to you, and the site will show you what decks across the internet from sources such as TappedOut run in those decks. The other thing you can do is, if you have pet cards you would like to build around, you can enter those cards in the search bar, and it will tell you how many decks that card is played in, and what the most common cards are to see it run alongside.
I know you said you don't care much beyond liking UG, but, to get you started on ideas, if you like UG Merfolk, I recommend Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca if you want to go hard tribal or Tatyova, Benthic Druid if you want to draw cards and ramp. I built her as Druid tribal, and the deck is a blast. If you really don't care about creature type, but putting out an army, drawing cards, and taking extra turns is appealing to you, Edric, Spymaster of Trest is powerful and fun. If it's the counters aspect of Merfolk you enjoy, Experiment Kraj is a fun one, and if it's playing at instant speed that appeals to you, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter is the pick.
If you want to branch into a third color, you can have your Merfolk (Lorwyn goodies that come in UB or WU such as Sygg, River Cutthroat included) and your counter theme with Thrasios, Triton Hero + Reyhan, Last of the Abzan / Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker , or you can go enchantress with Tuvasa the Sunlit .
Check out the full list of options on EDHREC, especially in the themes section, and good luck!
3 months ago
aaaand.... i'm stuck. as in i don't know how to improve it. can someone give me a helping hand?
3 months ago
@osbert: Yeah someone made me discard my hand with Experiment Kraj in it and I was like WELP. Definitely need recursion.
It's a fun deck but I wonder if Kraj just shouldn't be my Commander. Probably need a Worldly Tutor at any rate.
I took Bred for the Hunt out because it seemed to conditional. I've got 11 cards with some sort of card draw. Maybe I need better options. Guardian Project , Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Beast Whisperer seem like a good ones. Maybe for Bramblewood Paragon and Tempest Caller and Chromatic Lantern .
3 months ago
Experiment Kraj can utilize your opponents' creatures' abilities too...
Experiment Kraj occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%