|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Uncommon|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Llanowar Reborn enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
Graft 1 (This land enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may move a +1/+1 counter from this land onto it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Tiddilywinkus , maR2307 , Friedrice24 , Unlife , thekingpinBR , Oskani , bakunet , pskinn01 , buildingadeck , bakeraj4|
Llanowar Reborn Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, so i finally found some time to look this up. It looks really good, especially for the budget, outside of the suggestions I already made. Grab a Lurking Predators it's a fantastic card, and it fits your theme of cheating creatures out. Genesis Hydra is another great card that fits the bill as well. I would consider Champion of Lambholt, this creature would get insanely big in your deck and would make all your creatures unlockable at the same time. If you can find the budget for it, pick up Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, it's a staple in mono colored decks and would help your mana generation immensely, especially if you throw in Nacatl War-Pride. Lastly I would drop the less than stellar nonbasic you're running like Tranquil Thicket, Jungle Basin, Fertile Thicket, Hollow Trees, Llanowar Reborn, and Sapseep Forest and replace them with land grab spells like Cultivate, Nature's Lore, and Skyshroud Claim. I'd throw in Karametra's Acolyte as well, she's a beast for mana generation. Overall though it's a great start. Keep up the good work!
1 week ago
Llanowar Reborn doesn't seem like it does anything here. You might just want a basic instead. If you're running Cultivate and Kodama's Reach, you should have at least 1 Island, even if it's just a splash color.
Oblivion Ring is probably good enough as another Zur target. It's nice that it deals with everything.
Courser of Kruphix seems like good value.
Luminarch Ascension gives you an actual way to win the game.
Mystic Remora is pretty broken card draw in the early game.
Rule of Law stops a lot of combos that you'd otherwise have a hard time dealing with.
Also, your land count might be a little low considering how little ramp you run. You might want to jump up to 36ish.
3 weeks ago
some spells to consider: Hunger of the Howlpack, Inspiring Call, Tezzeret's Gambit, Bioshift, Savage Summoning, Ratchet Bomb, Beast Within, Llanowar Reborn, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Ghost Quarter, Elixir of Immortality, Tormod's Crypt
1 month ago
Maybe return the favour Johnny_win?
1 month ago
So if it's a noncreature permanent that was manifested, it would return face up with a(n additional) +1/+1 counter, which could be useful with Llanowar Reborn.
2 months ago
You may considerate take out Domri Rade 'cause the deck hasn't enought creatures.
A little suggestion:
Move Mistcutter Hydra to Sideboard.
Good cards to considerate:
2 months ago
Overall, it looks pretty good. I love your inclusion of Ornithopter, there's nothing better than winning a game because of a 0/2 creature.
Arachnogenesis could be great if you have you commander out and you opponent is playing agro. Prevent all damage, gut a bunch of creatures, then get a bunch of experience counters. Fungal Sprouting or Cobra Trap can be good for the same reasons minus damage prevention.
I would recommend replacing Triskelion with Walking Ballista. Triskelion might be the better deal for 6 mana, but Walking Ballista is more versatile. You can cast it sooner or later and give it more counters when you have no use for extra mana.
That's about all I can think of. Good luck with commander! And keep in mind that if you're just playing with friends you don't have to worry much about building the best deck in the world. Build a deck that you think will be fun to play.
2 months ago
Your deck contains several cards that generate tokens. I think your deck would fare better if you'd remove those and instead invest more into getting creatures that either generate counters or benefit greatly from them. There are several budget and non-budget ways of doing this. Here's some of the budget ways (they're not Hydra-themed, but suit your strategy very well):
- Gyre Sage: in your deck, this would be one of the best ramping options ever;
- Wild Beastmaster; works well in your deck; boosts all creatures when attacking;
- Forgotten Ancient; combination of Managorger Hydra and Spike Rogue;
- Champion of Lambholt; no +1/+1 counter deck should be without her;
- Bloodspore Thrinax; an even better version of Wild Beastmaster (because counters all work when defending :))
- Juniper Order Ranger; more counters!
- Renegade Krasis; adding counters can get pretty insane with him around.
- Inspiring Call: nice draw spell and gives all your creatures indestructible for a turn;
- Map the Wastes: ramp and bolster in one card; noice!
- Elemental Bond: because basically every creature you cast, is strong enough to allow you to draw a card.
- Death's Presence: one monster's death, is another's power.
- Hardened Scales: add a counter for whenever counters are added :)
- Bow of Nylea: gives a whole host of options, one of which is adding +1/+1's.
Some less-budget (more expensive) options, would be:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds: great ramp and card draw creature.
- Vigor: your creatures grow by being dealt damage.
- Primal Vigor: Not quite a Doubling Season but close.
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes: great walker with a primary ability tailor-made for this deck.
Sorry for the long post. Hope you find some of this to be useful. Happy gaming!