Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
22 hours ago
You picked some nice cards there. I've been out of the game for a while, so I am having trouble thinking of all the good cards for your deck. I do remember a few though: Ooze Flux, Feed the Pack, Bioshift, Throne of Geth.
A card that deserves special attention is Bow of Nylea. It is very variable, gives deathtouch, which goes well with trample, produces counters, deals with fliers, and can even recover your health or your deck. It's a one-card toolbox.
A simple set of Fog might be a better choice for the early game protection. Dawnstrider will not only cost you a card each time you use it, it will also not work before turn 3. Cast in turn two, summoning sickness, first possible use in opponents turn 3. Cards like Spark Elemental will not be waiting for that.
Slumbering Dragon is great in a counter deck, but I think that adding red to your mana base is destabilizing it too much for those lonely three creatures to be worth it. I would either expand on red cards, maybe by adding cards with hybrid costs (like Pit Fight to deal with fliers) or remove it from this deck.
The same can be said of black. Corpsejack Menace is a vital card in the deck, but maybe some cards like Deathrite Shaman, Slitherhead or Rendclaw Trow might help you get more value out of your black mana. As an alternative, you could get some Doubling Season and just run mono-green.
Strionic Resonator copies triggered effects. Please note that the effects of Corpsejack Menace and Vigor are not triggered effects, but replacement effects. It will work just fine with Kalonian Hydra, Fungal Behemoth, Slumbering Dragon and Death's Presence though.
About mana base design:
- In low-level casual play, you can often get away with playing the cheapest taplands like Golgari Guildgate. Some others like Temple of Malady will grant additional effects.
- The next step up would be adding check lands like Woodland Cemetery, but with a sufficient number basic lands to let them enter untapped.
- You could also use slower fetches like Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse.
- When you're starting to get serious, you can go for shock lands like Overgrown Tomb. Note that those have basic land types like the old dual lands, but are not basic lands. That allows them to be searched with cards like Treefolk Harbinger or some fetches.
- Finally, you can get fetches like Verdant Catacombs. Those can dig any basic land or shock land out of your library with no delay. However, at this point the prices will probably begin to hurt badly. Not worth it for casual play IMO.-there's a few other kinds of lands, like animated lands, pain lands, bounce lands etc. More info here.
Hope that helps you a bit.
6 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
Mistcutter Hydra. I don't know what else to say about it.
2 weeks ago
Thanks Apocate - I hadn't thought of Bioshift. But that's a great suggestion. I really like the thought of throwing it onto the Chasm Skulker right as he's about to die to get a ton of little squids, though even just using it to buff up the unblockable creatures is great.
2 weeks ago
Why not a few Bioshifts? Take all your counters off Lorescale, throw the onto your Infiltrator for a quick finisher, or if your Stalker dies when he's still small for any reason you can panic dump counters onto him to save him.
2 weeks ago
AwesomeName: Bioshift, Inspiring Call, and Hardened Scales are all conditional so that's why I'm not running them. I probably won't run more experiment ones to keep my curve looking nice and curvy. Avatar of the Resolute does seem like a very good card since its a 2drop that is solid even without the counters and can be good both early and late game so thank you for bringing my attention to that.
|Avg. draft pick||12.56|
|Avg. cube pick||11.54|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Bioshift + Corpsejack Menace
- Bioshift + Corpsejack Menace + Master Biomancer
- Bioshift + Ordeal of Thassa + Sage of Hours
- Bioshift + Renegade Krasis + Sage of Hours
- Bioshift + Kalonian Hydra + Sage of Hours
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes + Bioshift + Master Biomancer
- Bioshift + Sage of Hours
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea
- Bioshift + Kalonian Hydra
- Chasm Skulker + Bioshift
- Bioshift + Chasm Skulker
- Bioshift + Hero of Leina Tower + Sage of Hours
- Bioshift + Primordial Hydra + Sage of Hours
- Bioshift + Predator Ooze + Primordial Hydra
- Bioshift + Fabled Hero
- Bioshift + Sage of Hours + Vorel of the Hull Clade
- Bioshift + Vigor
- Bioshift + Chasm Skulker + Fathom Mage
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea + Take
- Bioshift + Simic Manipulator
- Bioshift + Fathom Mage + Vorel of the Hull Clade
- Bioshift + Corpsejack Menace + Hero of Leina Tower
- Bioshift + Hero of Leina Tower
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea + Give / Take
- Bioshift + Master Biomancer
- Hardened Scales + Bioshift
- Corpsejack Menace + Primordial Hydra + Bioshift
- Fathom Mage + Bioshift + Chasm Skulker
- Bioshift + Chasm Skulker + Master Biomancer
- Bioshift + Fabled Hero + Sage of Hours
- Bioshift + Hardened Scales
- Bioshift + Champion of Lambholt + Renegade Krasis
- Bioshift + Gyre Sage + Primordial Hydra
- Bioshift + Tree of Redemption
- Bioshift + Isochron Scepter
- Bioshift + Heroes' Bane + Sage of Hours
- Bioshift + Joraga Warcaller + Primordial Hydra
- Bioshift + Corpsejack Menace + Solidarity of Heroes
- Bioshift + Hamletback Goliath + Master Biomancer
- Fathom Mage + Genesis Hydra + Bioshift
- Bioshift + Gyre Sage
- Bioshift + Corpsejack Menace + Protean Hydra
- Bioshift + Elusive Krasis
- Bioshift + Champion of Lambholt
- Bioshift + Rubblebelt Raiders + Wild Beastmaster
- Bioshift + Fathom Mage
- Bioshift + Vorosh, the Hunter