|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
, : Gain .
|Have (4)||metalmagic , bakeraj4 , , rockleemyhero|
|Want (10)||SpudTheZero , M0zart , JFreerB , jophess99 , joho314 , AshMount , tabor62 , Kagu11 , JohanDaFaff , Wolffey05|
Azorius Signet Discussion
4 days ago
Less lands and more mana rocks. Drop Thran Dynamo though, it costs too much mana. Stick to 2 cmc rocks and 3 is ok if it adds more than .
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration (definitely not budget as a whole, but plenty of reasonable options). Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
5 days ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Chandra585 gave you good advice.
Tezzeret is a little over the $10 limit for cards upgrades, but I think you should make the exception because he really does everything you want with artifact strategies. His abilities are all repeatable that's what makes him so good in Commander. The budget lands that Chandra585 mentioned are also good upgrades. To expand on budget land suggestions consider:
The artifact lands untap by Unwinding Clock. Fair is a great land for artifact strategies.
Other good budget cards for artifact strategies to consider adding are:
- Azorius Signet
- Talisman of Progress
- Basalt Monolith : good with Unwinding Clock.
- Shimmer Myr : flash in artifacts, good with mana rocks and Unwinding Clock.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : protect artifacts from targeted removal and can be repeatable draw.
- Treasure Mage : tutor for Memnarch or another high CMC artifact.
- Thada Adel, Acquisitor : she fits with the theme of stealing your opponents cards and the artifact theme.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Azorius Guildgate
- Azorius Chancery
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Temple of Enlightenment
- Ice Cave
- Ixalan's Binding
- Martial Coup
- Darksteel Ingot
- Worn Powerstone
- Aether Gale
2 weeks ago
Hey, looks good for a budget causal deck. Is Sydri, Galvanic Genius your Commander? I don't see her card in the decklist. All Commander decks usually show the card of the Commander, but it's missing here.
Good job winning more than losing, but 28 lands with only 9 mana rocks and a 4.2 avg. CMC is pretty risky. The first thing to consider doing is cutting all the five drops except Adjudicator and Scourglass. I suggest to cut the rest five drops because the six drops, which there's also a lot of them, are much better cards. My advice is to prioritize all your six CMC or higher cards. Choose a few of them and cut the others for lower CMC support cards.
I'm going to break my advice up into two comments. The first comment is about budget lands to consider adding as well as cards to consider cutting. The second will be budget cards that are good with artifact strategies to consider adding and cards to cut.
Budget lands and mana rocks ($3 or less each) to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Spire of Industry
- Inventors' Fair
- Caves of Koilos
- Reliquary Tower
- Buried Ruin
- Darksteel Citadel
- Choked Estuary
- Port Town
- Esper Panorama
- Prairie Stream
- Ash Barrens
- Azorius Signet
- Dimir Signet
- Talisman of Dominance
- Basalt Monolith
Can add all these for about $25.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Island
- 1x Swamp
- 1x Plains
- Temple of the False God
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Scoured Barrens
- Sejiri Refuge
- Orzhov Basilica
- Pith Driller
- Guardians of Koilos
- Razormane Masticore
- Clockwork Hydra
- Dreamstone Hedron
- Salvage Titan
2 weeks ago
Smothering Tithe - A great 'pay to play' card, and you'll ramp like crazy if they don't.
Rhystic Study - If they don't pay, you draw... they'll pay.
Thief of Sanity - Thievery + some mill, all in a nice evasion package.
Mnemonic Betrayal - This is just too good, cherry pick all your opponent's best spells they've played.
Desertion - Counter the threat, get the threat.
Paradox Haze - Double up on your commander's ability.
Emergency Powers - Great for resetting what is in someone's hand or your own. Addendum is gravy on top if you have nothing else to play during your main.
Supreme Verdict - Just a great wrath spell.
Rewind - Counter and keep the mana open.
Unwind - Sure it only works for noncreature spells, but there will be plenty of those around.
Wrath of God - The original.
Celestial Dawn - Makes casting opponent's spells with your commander just too easy.
Cascading Cataracts - Indestructible color fixing.
Revel in Riches - Mana fixing + a win-con if you get lucky.
Lightning Greaves - Protect what matters most.
Swiftfoot Boots - More protection.
Sun Titan - This guy is a beast, sometimes he'll only do a small bit, other times he's your golden boy. Cool little combo: Use Mirage Mirror to copy a sacrifice artifact like Mindslaver , use the sacrifice of the copied card, then bring Mirage Mirror back with the titan.
Paradox Engine - Use artifacts to pay for spells, then untap them to pay for more.
Darksteel Forge - With all your artifacts you're running, this lets you play your wraths without any fear.
Cards to consider ousting:
Blood Baron of Vizkopa - It's good, but won't be active all that much as a 10/10.
Deadeye Plunderers - Lackluster.
Merieke Ri Berit - Without a way to abuse untapping her she can under perform.
Nightveil Predator - Doesn't do as much for you as it could.
Odric, Lunarch Marshal - You're not strictly a combat deck.
Spell Queller - I like this card, but in commander it's just too fragile.
Traxos, Scourge of Kroog - He's not horrid.
Walking Ballista - Just not got for this deck.
Wrexial, the Risen Deep - Too slow, by this point you should be focusing on control with your commander.
Displacement Wave - You're putting in better.
Mind's Desire - You're just not build for this card.
Illusory Gains - Really depends on your play group.
Dimir Locket - The signet is better.
2 weeks ago
- Torpor Orb : prevents annoying triggered abilities
- Cursed Totem : shuts down a ton of decks.
- As Foretold : Allows you to cast multiple cards every turn if you play it right. Can have a potential free counterspell every turn if you have 2 or 3 counters.
- Pongify : Redundancy since you have Rapid Hybridization .
- Reality Shift : Same as Pongify and Rapid Hybridization .
- Aura of Silence : Meta inclusion for artifact or enchantment heavy decks. Very good in two headed.
- Mystical Tutor : Obvious recommendation is obvious
- Ravages of War : Another Armageddon
- Delay : Effectively counters a spell with Lavinia out.
- Talisman of Progress : Decent mana rock.
- Azorius Signet : Another decent mana rock.
- Leonin Arbiter : Cat Jesus shuts down Fetches, Tutors, etc.
- Smothering Tithe : Goes without saying.
- Spellseeker : Get's removal.
- Land Tax : Another obvious recommendation.
- Kataki, War's Wage : Since you're light on artifacts it might be a good addition.
- Swan Song : Efficient counterspell.
- Mystic Remora : Might not be good in our meta but is a very strong card.
- Rhystic Study : Another obvious recommendation.
- Crucible of Worlds : Recover from MLD.
3 weeks ago
Ramp, card draw, and fatties are the 3 cornerstones of EDH as a concept to many players. Rampant Growth , Rampant Growth is the symbol of one of these three cornerstones (I am sure you'll never guess which one).
I am here to tell you, despite what you may have been told. It is bad. Really bad, not even medium bad like Cultivate (Yes, I hate that too, outside of some specific lists like Tatyova, where it belongs to some extent).
Why? Well, to start, mana production. It doesn't give you mana immediately without Amulet of Vigor , unlike 2- mana manarock variants like the signet cycle ( Azorius Signet , Gruul Signet ), talisman cycle ( Talisman of Indulgence , Talisman of Progress ), Mind Stone , Prismatic Lens , Fellwar Stone , etc.
So? Many decks are mono-colored and can't use signets, or talismans, or have cards like Null Rod / Kataki, War's Wage , etc. or go up against them often. Rampant Growth gives a land. Well, Nature's Lore and Three Visits both give you an untapped land, they can hit Shocklands or Duals to get your colors better than Rampant Growth , and generally are pretty good.
None of these are great cards. Llanowar Elves , Fyndhorn Elves , Birds of Paradise , Elvish Mystic , Boreal Druid , etc. all do it for half the mana, a turn faster, and are in green. How is a 2 mana card better?
So, with all of this, is there any real reason to run the cancerous growth (see what I did there xD)?
Yes, price. Rampant Growth is ~20 cents right now. Sure Gruul Signet , Golgari Signet , Simic Signet , Prismatic Lens , Llanowar Elves , Fractured Powerstone , Moss Diamond , Growth Spiral , Explore , Coiling Oracle , Broken Bond and tons more examples are equal to it or cheaper, but I am aware someone will bring it up.
There are too many better cards for lands-matter decks to use it, and too many are cheaper, equally cheap, or better and worth the cost to claim they are the reason Rampant Growth should see play, etc.
Seriously. If you run this card, stop.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Hey, nice budget deck, less than $100, well done.
Budget upgrades ($2 or less each, most are less than $1) to consider:
- Command Tower > Temple of the False God
- Port Town > Evolving Wilds
- Irrigated Farmland > Azorius Guildgate
- Etherium Sculptor > Opaline Unicorn
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation > Howling Golem
- Sai, Master Thopterist > Aerial Engineer
- Steel Hellkite > Colossus of Akros
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator > Daring Archaeologist
- Weatherlight > Ojutai Monument
- Meteor Golem > Pardic Wanderer
- Myr Battlesphere > Metalwork Colossus
- The Antiquities War > Always Watching
- Artificer's Assistant > Loyal Sentry
- Urza's Ruinous Blast > Mass Manipulation
- Azorius Signet > Azorius Locket
- Mind Stone > Worn Powerstone
- Counterspell > Thought Collapse
- Arcane Denial > Admiral's Order
- Dissipate > Absorb
- Negate > Scatter to the Winds
- Brainstorm > Chronomaton
- Impulse > Repel the Abominable
- Swords to Plowshares > Choking Restraints
- Dispatch > Pacifism
- Crush Contraband > Invoke the Divine
- Deep Freeze > Dampening Pulse
- Remember the Fallen > Not Forgotten
Can add all these cards for about $20. I offer more help if you would like.
Good luck with your deck.
Azorius Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.12%
W/U (Azorius): 3.61%
W/U/B (Esper): 1.83%
RUW (Jeskai, America): 17.4%
GWU (Bant): 0.78%