Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, you may pay . If you do, you gain 1 life.
Printings View all
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
|Starter 2000 (S00)||Uncommon|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Soul Net Discussion
6 months ago
Aetherflux Reservoir , Aethersphere Harvester , Prism Ring , Umezawa's Jitte , Dragon's Claw , Tablet of the Guilds , Staff of the Flame Magus , Batterskull , Loxodon Warhammer , Wurmcoil Engine , Delif's Cone , Soul Net , Sylvok Lifestaff , Basilisk Collar , Bubbling Cauldron , and Profane Memento are probably about as close as you'll get.
1 year ago
Ive seen decks similar to this. In fact I have one(Its Humans not Cats). You are missing a couple staple cats and some non-creature spells that could really help.
Fleecemane Lion - This is a winocn plain and simple
Collected Company - Can put most of yours creatures onto the battlefield at any given time and can easily swing a game in your favor.
Harmonize - Gives you much needed card draw
Now i should probably talk about some cards that probably shouldn't be in this deck. I understand if you own all these cards but if you do not, i don't think that there is any reason for them to be in here. If you have counter argument Id love to hear it.
Heroes' Reunion - I'm sorry if you are going for a lifelink, but it just isn't worth to have a straight lifegain spell as apposed to say Collected Company or Blossoming Defense or something that gives you more value than simply 7 life.
Disenchant - This is a card for your sideboard, something that you sub in when you need it
Survival Cache - im on the fence. I feel like there could be better options, but it seems to fit relatively well.
Soul Net - Isn't legal in Modern and doesn't really work regardless
In case you want to check out my humans deck here it is: Thalia's Horde of Humans but this is your deck and as such, you get the final say in any change.
2 years ago
- Mindcrank - keep in mind that things like Underground River or Phyrexian Arena also trigger Mindcrank. Mwahaha
- Spelltwine - instead of or in addition to Memory Plunder. Not instant speed, but two spells rather than just one.
- Mastermind's Acquisition - the official commander rules are a little fuzzy on bringing cards in from outside the game. I believe they say to handle it on a playgroup by playgroup basis, so just check with your opponents before you start
- Silumgar's Command, Ruinous Path, or Hero's Downfall can help with removal
You also have no sort of board wipe or wrath. Something like a cycled Decree of Pain would miss most of your high-toughness dudes or it could be cast normally if needed. Tragic Slip is an EDH staple and gets around indestructible.
Things you could possibly remove:
- Living Wall - I feel like you can do better than 4 mana for a 0/6 (Like Guardians of Meletis for example, which you already have), though the regenerate is nice.
- Forgotten Creation - what benefit do you get from discarding your hand? Is there a card that deals damage to your opponents when you do? If there's nothing like that, Forgotten Creation isn't contributing much. I'd feel like you'll be able to achieve delirium fairly easily
- Kefnet's Monument and Bontu's Monument - keep an eye on your black to blue creature ratio and your creature to non-creature ratio to see if you should remove one or both of these
- Meekstone - currently about 1/3 of your creatures have power 3 or greater so keep an eye on this
- Swarm Intelligence - lots of mana when you have other ways of copying spells. Though this is an enchantment. Hmm.
- Candles of Leng - Why not just Staff of Nin or something instead?
- Soul Net - doesn't trigger off of things being put from a library into the graveyard
3 years ago
(Personal opinions ahead please don't take offense!)
I would say cut Caged Sun because it is the highest cost card in your deck. With that being said what does it do? it gives your creatures +1/+1 and adds 1 mana per land. That is cool and all but looking at the rest of your deck, in the long run only three card would benefit from this ability. Soul Net, Goblin Offensive, and War Cadence Now those are the only three cards that might need more than 4-6 mana per use. I use to use Caged Sun in my deck but just did not find much help with it. For one it was too late most of the time. or two by the time I was able to put it out I only had two other cards in my hand. You may have had more luck with you style deck if so more prompts to you!
The second card,Dolmen Gate, you mentioned you don't plan on getting blocked often? This card to me seems like it is a pillow for those who do get to block you. Your creatures get big fast. Well a lot of decks that I play against don't have that luxury. So with your guys probably being bigger than your opponents why give them a free pillow to use? If your opponent has lets say 3 1/1s you have 3 20/20s but Dolmen Gate is out on the battlefield. Now your opponents has practically equivalent creatures.
These are just my point of views. Hope they could help with some decision making. Cheers!
4 years ago
This is a message more for my own benefit - I'm trying to work out the combos and what cards can be substituted for, etc but when I write it out in word I find myself forgetting what each card does so it's a little easier for me to do it here where I can see link things.
I'm aware that some of this may not be optimal, so take it with a grain of salt or ignore it.
Saffi Eriksdotter + Karmic Guide + sac outlet (and similar combos) don't even need Blood Artist or any of the substitutions; a more convoluted/inefficient way is Saffi Eriksdotter + Karmic Guide + sac outlet + Deathgreeter + Sanguine Bond or Defiant Bloodlord.