|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Shapeshifter
Altered Ego can't be countered.
You may have Altered Ego enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it enters with X additional +1/+1 counters on it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||Wolfebladeelite , bakunet , pskinn01 , JeremyTheMiner , bakeraj4 , rockleemyhero , AlucardZain , gildan_bladeborn , meowCat1234 , NCN946 , PTsmitty , philktoken8998 , saj0219 , duff87 , rakdos24 , GeminiSpartanX , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , RedSinR , Lindough , Wolfninja , BlueMageBrandon , Nemesis , Falte , Regulus1010 , mziter501 , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , ecurps , Famicomania|
Altered Ego Discussion
5 days ago
I feel like X spells are tempting but good to avoid as well, since hitting them with Rashmi wastes them. Altered Ego is an exception; it's great to cast to trigger Rashmi and great to hit from Rashmi as well.
Rashmi is a really fun commander and I'm glad you're giving her a try.
2 weeks ago
Criaturas que sacaria:- Fyndhorn Elves Llanowar Elves Elvish Visionary , Elvish Mystic monos que dan mana? mejor pon el trio de muros que se ayudan: Overgrown Battlement Vine Trellis Sylvan CaryatidDe cualquier manera es mejor poner mana rocks creo yo.
Ezuri, Claw of Progress: y pa que este mono aca, si no es pa ser el comandante es re poco lo que ayuda.
- Simic Sky Swallower , Sagu Mauler.- bicho grande..con velo/hexproof.
- Altered Ego, Phyrexian Metamorph .- monos toolbox, siempre ayudan, son buen soporte.
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest .- robar si haces dao..no esta mal.
- Horizon Chimera .- viendo que quieres robar harto..cae sentado.
- Kruphix, God of Horizons .- mano al maximo, no se pierde mana.
- Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix .- mana incoloro para bichos grandes.
- Lorescale Coatl .- si vas a robar harto..este es el bicho!! con arrolar...uff!
- Progenitor Mimic .- copias a cada rato, vamos copiando muros..o bichos del oponente.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter .- puede servir..hacer correr el mazo..es una opcion.
- Acidic Slime .- mono toolbox..siempre util.
- Terastodon .- con UG no mataras muchos bichos, esto puede ser util.
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger .- el mono que puede decidir el juego..ojo que deja tapeadas tierras rivales ;)
- Kefnet the Mindful .- aqui tiene para activarse rapido.
enchants:le sacaria:Mind Over Matter .- esta carta es buenisima..pero aqui no pega con niuna puta wea.Ni recuperas cartas, ni giras permanentes a excepcion de tierras.nah.
- Bounty of the Luxa .- un poco lento..pero puede ayudar
- Zendikar Resurgent .- opcion barata si no tienes Mana Reflection
- Exploration .- si puedes conseguirle..con dolar bajo..es una wena idea.
- Leyline of Anticipation .- bichos con flash!! ou yeah!
- Garruk, Primal Hunter .- Garruk Wildspeaker pseudo ramp.
- Nissa, Steward of Elements.- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury rampea y controla
- Time Warp ? turno extra??? o sea nunca viene mal..pero es un poco inconexo..hay cosas mejores.
- Praetor's Counsel .- cartaza, recuperas lo botado, mano al maximo.Para finish.
- Temple Bell .- imagino que es por el Mind Over Matter en un mazo verde/azul hay mil weas mejores que tratar de millear
- Urban Evolution, Pore Over the Pages , Harmonize.- buenos cartones mid tempo para robar.
- Simic Charm .- protege bichos, agranda bicgos..uff.
- Unexpected Results .- si te decides por monos garndes..uff demoledor.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey, I have several suggestions.
You don't need 41x lands since you're only three colors. 36x lands is enough especially since there's already land ramp, Signets (very good adding Signets). I suggest replacing some two drop dorks, Zhur-Taa Druid and Whisperer of the Wilds with one drop dorks.
For the manabase I recommend these budget lands:
- Pain Lands
- Yavimaya Coast
- Shivan Reef
- Karplusan Forest
- Grand Coliseum
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Cinder Glade
These land suggestions are lands that ETB untapped you can use them for mana the turn they're played. Command Tower is one of the best lands in Commander budget or not because it can make any color that your Commander is as well as always ETB untapped.
I suggest adding the mana dorks:
If you ask me what's the best card for Temur? I would say Rattleclaw because it's a two drop dork who can make one mana or any of the colors you need. The runner up would be Temur Ascendancy which you're already playing, very nice.
As you play more Commander you'll understand how important the avg. CMC of the deck is. This deck is 4.15. What this means is consistently you will not have anything to play until turn four. This is a causal deck and not being able to consistently play any cards until turn four is okay, but even causal budget Commander decks I make the avg. CMC is 3 or below. I recommend trying to reduce it to 3. The only way to do this is to cut a quite a few high casting cost cards for lower casting cost cards such as two drops, three drops and four drops.
One thing that excited players just learning Commander and building decks for the first time tend to do is jam all the biggest best creatures/cards into a deck. But you don't need or really want to do this because it completely destroys the mana curve. The mana curve is important because it's how you determine the avg. CMC of the deck ultimately determining how fast you can consistently play the cards in the deck. The approach I use when teaching new players Commander is pick 10-12x big creatures/cards you want to play. When I say big I mean cards with five to six plus mana costs. Here you're playing 25x cards that have five or higher costs, this too many. You risk consistently getting many opening hands with nothing but these high cost cards which you won't be able to play until the late game.
Examining the high cost cards here these are in my opinion the best ones:
- Acidic Slime
- Sarkhan Unbroken
- Xenagos, God of Revels
- Hellkite Charger
- See the Unwritten
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
- Savage Ventmaw
- Intet, the Dreamer
- Dragonlord Atarka
- Atarka, World Render
- Stonehoof Chieftain
To help the mana curve start with keeping these good high cost cards and cutting all the rest I didn't list.
What can you add in the place of the cards I recommend you cut? Here are some budget Commander staples in Temur colors. Each is less than $1:
- Rattleclaw Mystic
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Reclamation Sage
- Coiling Oracle
- Soul of the Harvest
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller
- Altered Ego
- Mystic Snake
- Savage Knuckleblade
- Trygon Predator
- Genesis Hydra
- Farhaven Elf
- Kiora's Follower
- Loaming Shaman
- Reality Shift
- Hull Breach
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Elemental Bond
These suggestions are mostly two drops, three drops with three four drops, one five drop and one six drop. Adding these cards will drastically reduce the mana curve. You're not playing very much draw other than Ascendancy I suggest adding Bond, Bestiary and Harvest to help with this.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Otherwise, this is a solid list for a budget brew, nice work!
2 months ago
I think my favorite thing to try and do with the card is going to be to try and make copies of it. I have Rite of Replication, Altered Ego, Progenitor Mimic, and Mirrorpool for all sorts of shenanigans. Simic( is without a doubt my favorite colour combination I would have to say to play.
2 months ago
Is it really enough to say you have a copy subtheme when I count, three clones ? I would personally recommend dropping it from the description, otherwise you could just add more clones such as Body Double, Altered Ego, Phyrexian Metamorph, OG Clone, Dack's Duplicate, etc
3 months ago
Just did a quick 1v1 w this and my Gonti deck for fun so here's what I would advise from that brief play and looking at your list:
No one likes infect so if you don't always want to be archenemy then I would cut them for unblockable threats like Triton Shorestalker & co.
Cancel is meh, tbh, even Dissolve is better. I personally like using counters that replace themselves even though they usually cost a little more. Arcane Denial, Statute of Denial, Failed Inspection and Dream Fracture.
Progenitor Mimic is cute but if you want a clone why not Altered Ego since it gets counters (on theme)?
Cards that I saw and I was confused why they were even in here were Majestic Myriarch (not many creatures have keywords on them), Loam Larva (kills your next draw, how about Farhaven Elf?), Kruphix, God of Horizons (Thassa, God of the Sea and Nylea, God of the Hunt make more sense), Triskelion (expensive, slow, win-more), Orochi Hatchery (Snake Basket is better imo), Planar Bridge (so expensive to use), and Inexorable Tide (feels win-more).
Hope something helps!