|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Angels (V15)||Mythic Rare|
|Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic (DDC)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Legendary Creature — Angel
Flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black and from red
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Sparky41 , Forkbeard , metlguy , joshw335 , ecurps , GoldGhost012 , Wiggins , Nemesis , TehDelta , Kiortio , mziter501 , LaKU , Boza|
Akroma, Angel of Wrath Discussion
1 week ago
Okay, brace yourself. I'm going all out.
- P.S. Sorry that my inner spike ignores price...
Cards to Cut: Show
- You don't need two 8 drops. She doesn't give global support like Avacyn, and Avy is your commander so she's already better. I say choose one (and we all know which 8 drop you should keep).
- I get the value of Shepherd, but it comes down to the same thing. You should only have one 7 drop. Pick one.
- Both are good. Just cut one. This will help curve out better and play more aggressively.
- So this card is okay, but not as good as it looks at a glance. The player has to draw 2+ cards at once, or in a similar fashion. Collector's replacement effect does not apply if a player cantrips after their draw step, or something of that sort.
- Life is not that important. Really. I get that he blocks, but Jubilation or Tithes can block too and they are overall better cards for a Staxy build.
- Great, great card. Super Stax. Only issue, is you need to have your artifacts. Tabernacleing your artifacts hurts you significantly worse than your opponents.
Maybe Mother of Runes
I know you love her, but really she doesn't contribute to the Stax theme. She "helps" curve, but I think we can do better here.
- This hurts you equally or more so than opponents. Yeah, this shuts down aggro token decks, but you need to swing with your fat fatties. The goal of this deck is to lock everybody in the game down, but giving yourself a slight advantage to get big creatures out to swing with.
- This is essentially a worse version of Aurification.
- Really this doesn't do that much. It could, but it's not worth it. A mana rock would be a better slot in, really.
This absolutely needs to go. This literally destroys everything that you set up from turn 1-10. It is such a nonbo that there is no real justifiable reason or "synergy" to include this card.
I get that this can grab any land, but it really is a waste of a turn. A lock hurts your opponents and gives you an advantage that is similar to ramp, but also makes you more and more likely to win the game. Serra's Sanctum doesn't win you the game. Make sense?
- Pseudo Stax because of the exile effect, but really I still don't think you need this. I cannot stress enough how you will always have the better and stronger creatures, so 6 mana to equip this for such a small ability isn't worth it, in my opinion.
- Cool, you get to draw some cards, but you help everyone else too!? No! This is the opposite of what you want to do. Deprive, deprive, deprive. You will have the upper hand enough that this meager card draw is irrelevant.
- This or Weathered Wayfarer needs to go. Reason being is that they counteract each other. You can keep both if you think you can play around it, but really I don't think it would hurt to let go of one or the other. Your call.
- Im sorry man, but this card is not very good. I can show you so many lands that would be better. Scrap this one.
- Really, games won't go on so long that you will have to recast Avy enough times to worry about this. Plains would just be better.
- I know this has a decent ceiling, but there will be games where you have 10 lands out and still don't get this trigger.
- This is a good card, but really I don't think it will be all that relevant. Your call, but a basic would be just as good, really.
- Really I don't know what this does for the deck, besides coming in tapped. Not trying to harp, but I don't see you using this ability hardly at all.
- This card is sooooo baaaad. It's very overrated, and it's too slow. You want to just outrun your opponents long enough until they trip. This makes you trip and your opponents catch up.
This is up to you. It can whiff hard, even more than Sky Ruin. Especially with the land destruction in the deck. I say pass on this, and I'll find you a better but similar replacement.
Cards to Add: Show
With all the artifacts you should be running, this card is great. Even without a ton of artifacts, this just tells your opponents "no".
- You might want to get rid of Ghostway, but this is great. It shuts down flicker/blink decks, shuts down Worldgorger Dragon combo, and so much more. All of my goblin cheaters, everything. This is a good card.
- Winter Orb on a creature. This should go in (all of this land hate will make sense in a little bit).
- Basically Pithing Needle on a critter. Both of those are almost as good as Nevermore, but cheaper. So they balance out.
Maybe Sanctum Prelate
- Almost Trinisphere. Again, both of those are good.
- Needs. More. Thalia.
Good graveyard hate. It does have the chance to nonbo with Emeria and maybe some others, but again, you control when to cast things. Also, you can play RIP years before Emeria. So think about what can get you more use: A card that sticks around for 8 turns, or one that sticks around for a few?
- Good combo card with RIP. I know you think it's confusing, but all it says when paired with RIP is, ", : Mill all cards in target opponent's library."
- Great taxers. You should have enough artifact ramp to negate this effect.
- This might be better than, equal, or mutually good compared to Quicksilver Amulet. Lower CMC, easier to get benefit from, but takes time to set up. This is up to you, but it is not mana intensive, meaning you can lock up the board and play stuff for free each turn. Thats huge.
- You know tons of cards to name with this card. Lands, booger creatures, etc. Plus, if you see your opponent has their commander with an activated ability, name that!
Maybe Grafdigger's Cage
- This is more graveyard hate, but really might just be a worse card than RIP. Both might be good, but really this is just a suggestion for you to see at the very least.
- Might as well deter your opponents from attacking you as much as possible. This is not a great card, but paired with all of your locks and Prison effects it nearly stops your cold.
- Hurts your opponents for playing without any repercussions on your behalf. This wrecks against mono-colored or when paired with Winter Orb
- Both this and Hokori, Dust Drinker. You will see why lands dont matter as much in this deck.
- Maybe also the moxen (Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal) because theyre free ramp
- These all are abusable mana rocks. They generate tons of mana, bypass all of the taxers you set up, and can let you get Avy, or really any of your high drops, out super early.
- I think this is a must. This lets you reuse any mana rock that generates more than 1 mana.
This is a little gimmicky, but it can turn off Winter Orb and the likes, plus it lets you reuse mana rocks again. If it had a little lower CMC then this would be an auto-include.
Remember when I said that I would suggest a better Temple of the False God? Well, here ya go. Right out of the gate it works. Yes, sac it if you play a land, but the tempo this skips you ahead is justifiable without a doubt.
- Dude, come on. Run this. Hell, maybe even run Wasteland.
This is not all that great, but after an Armageddon you get an extra body, and every bit of a lead you get makes it harder and harder for your opponents to win.
2 weeks ago
ff linebreak... ; mocht je eens in de buurt van Gorinchem zijn. Commander spelers zijn van harte welkom bij ons :-)) Terug naar het deck....
Ik zou proberen om je cmc wat omlaag te brengen. Die is best hoog. Ondanks dat je niet competitive wil spelen, is het hebben van een openingshand waar teveel hoge cmc kaarten inzitten geen lekkere start. Nu de partial mulligan rule al weeer een tijdje afgeschaft is, merk ik dat het nog belangrijker wordt om je cmc goed te monitoren om beroerde starthanden tot een minimum te kunnen beperken.
Enkele cuts die ik zou voorstellen:
- Myojin of Cleansing Fire : een 4/6 indestructible voor een heftige 8 mana. Het duurt even voordat je dit kan casten. En met Sisay kan je ook antwoorden zoeken op echte gevaren waar jij dan weer minder/geen last van hebt.
- Akroma, Angel of Wrath : Wederom 8 mana en dan 'slechts' een 6/6 flyer die door mass removal ook easy te verwijderen is. En we komen in EDH nogal wat mass removal tegen. Ik vind dat je beter opties in je deck hebt, dus waarom zou je deze zoeken, laat staan dat je em koopt of in je openingshand treft.
- Iona, Shield of Emeria : Het is een verschrikkelijke naaikaart, waarmee je menig speler irriteert. Ik cast de kaart en roep je kleur. Oww je speelt mono of twee kleuren. GG? Nieuw potje :-) Ik heb em ook ooit overwogen, maar ik wist dat mijn crew me uiteindelijk niet aardig meer zou gaan vinden. Wanneer je puur competatief zou spelen? Prima! Maar ik hou ook wel van een gezellig potje. Je wilde ongezouten he ;-)
- Planar Bridge : Dat is in totaal 14 mana om een kaart te zoeken. 14 mana! Dat is heftig hoor en in die tijd doe je verder dus weining om je battlefield te versterken.
- Legion's Landing Flip : Voor 1 mana een prima kaart, maar zou je een Sisay tap echt gebruiken om deze kaart op te zoeken? Daarvoor geeft deze kaart toch weinig meerwaarde in een deck waar je library je tweede hand is?
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope : Voor 8 mana zou dit een betere investering zijn. Biedt bescherming aan je commander en zorgt ervoor dat de meeste reguliere mass removal je niets meer doet.
- Mangara of Corondor : Heb je een threat die echt heel vervelend voor je is, dan heb je altijd een antwoord bij de hand
- Umbral Mantle : Deze kaart is nice! Zeker als je voldoende mana beschikbaar hebt. Sisay kan lekker tekeer gaan hoor en je hand goed vullen. Ook leuk in combinatie met Selvala.... voel je em :-))
- Grand Abolisher : Een hele fijne kaart om te zien. Zelf zit ik in een counter heavy meta, dus tijdens je eigen beurten niet onderbroeken worden is echt fijn. Dit is nooit een dode kaart om te krijgen.
- Seeker of Skybreak : Heeft natuurlijk altijd synergy met Sisay en daarnaast als je meer ramp elfjes had dan rampt deze ook nog. Tevens kan je op instant speed een blocker creren.
Het kwam al even voorbij. Green is er famous om en ik vind het ook heeeeerlijk spelen om je tegenstanders vooruit te gaan. Sisay neerleggen in T2 is natuurlijk top. Bovendien geeft het je ook de mogelijkheid om sneller hogere cmc kaarten met Sisay te pakken en direct te casten. Er zijn veel opties binnen ramp, zoals je ziet in mijn ramp lijst. Het hangt mede ook af hoe je wenst te gaan spelen met Sisay en voor welk budget. Maar 10-15 dedicated ramp kaarten zou ik zeker aanraden.
Wanneer je gaat rampen met elfjes en manarocks, dan mag Paradox Engine natuurlijk niet meer ontbreken. Meer Sisay taps en een flood aan kaarten op je battlefield.
Ik denk dat ik voorlopig even voldoende leesvoer heb neergezet voor je. Ik hoop dat je er wat mee kan. Uiteraard is het allerbelangrijkste dat als je Sisay niet competitive speelt, dat er geen foute keuzes zijn, want je speelt puur voor de fun en dan moet je zeker doen waar je je het prettigst bij voelt.
3 weeks ago
For starters, I would drop all 'protection' stuff (with the exception of Baneslayer Angel). I know wards, scarabs and circles look useful, but they are not. The wards and scarabs only affect single creatures and will only help against a single color at a time. This means in multiplayer games, in which often enough you will face all MTG colors simultaneously, these will not help very much. Circles on top of that, are also very mana intensive to use. Especially against token decks, they become effectively useless.
Also, please note that there are now two Akroma, Angel of Wrath's in this deck. This is not allowed, so you need to get rid of one.
I would also recommend you take a good look at the cards I have suggested and compare them with the non-Angel creatures in this deck and decide for yourself which creatures would augment your strategies better. If it were me, I would use that list to make another 8-10 replacements.
Hope any of this helps. Happy gaming!
With kind regards,
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Looking nice so far!! Here are some suggestions from my experience, fellow Kaalia player :)
As far as creatures go, pretty much just play the ones you like!
Some less-budget suggestions: Master of Cruelties, pretty much instant kill if they have no blockers. Rune-Scarred Demon, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Aurelia, the Warleader, Lord of the Void, Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Gisela, the Broken Blade. Those are some of my favorites. A little heavier on the budget but super fun!
Mid-budget options: Ob Nixilis, Unshackled, Platinum Angel, Anya, Merciless Angel, Mana-Charged Dragon, Rakdos, Lord of Riots, Angel of Despair, Mother of Runes, Deathless Angel, Hellkite Tyrant, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Blinding Angel, Overseer of the Damned, Akroma, Angel of Fury.
More budget-friendly options: Angel of Serenity, Angelic Arbiter, Indulgent Tormentor, Reya Dawnbringer, Harvester of Souls, Bloodgift Demon, Exquisite Archangel, Herald of the Host (For multiplayer), Angelic Skirmisher, Bruna, the Fading Light (to pair with Gisela), Seraph of the Sword, Guardian of the Gateless.
There are obviously numerous options as far as creatures go. Those are a couple of mine. But don't go off just what other people say- if you don't like the feel of killing someone outright with Master of Cruelties, don't get him! If you want to play a little more defensive you can run Seraph of the Sword and Guardian of the Gateless or something! Just play what you want to! :)
Not really sure about the curses. I personally probably wouldn't run them, but they seem fun!
Dragon Tempest is a good include. Give all your fliers haste!
You definitely want ramp, and I see you have some. The appropriate signets, Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, probably the cluestones (They can draw you cards, which is usually more useful than getting a small creature until end of turn, as with the keyrunes).
If you're going to spend a little more, the check lands like Clifftop Retreat and Dragonskull Summit are great. Scry lands such as Temple of Malice and be very useful. Obviously fetchlands and shocklands are good, but not friendly to the budget at all. I don't think they're worth it sometimes. But everything is up to you! :)
Hopefully these suggestions help! I've said it a lot, but play whatever you think will be the most fun for you! Good luck in the building process- I'll be following along to see how it goes! :)
1 month ago
Hey there! im running almost the same deck for Commander Duel, I'm using Gisela, the Broken Blade as commander and trying to get the commander damage early in the game.
My humble suggestions:
Wing Shards: amazing removal, and can work very well with 2 o 3 removals the same turn.
Odric, Lunarch Marshal: because lot of fun.
Fumigate: removal + lifegain.
Akroma, Angel of Wrath: i think its interesting depending on the meta you are playing on, here they run TONS of black removal, and akroma it's just their worst nightmare.
Have fun bro!
PS: Nice deck btw, im taking some ideas :D
1 month ago
So, let's work on making this deck a bit better. Don't get me wrong, this deck is good, but there are a couple of things that we can swap to make it better. Some of these you may not agree with. But consider the ideas behind the recommendations.
For the mana base, look at Temple of Triumph, Battlefield Forge, Ancient Amphitheater, Needle Spires, Wind-Scarred Crag, Vivid Meadow, Vivid Crag, Boros Guildgate, Opal Palace and Command Tower. I think you should get a many lands that tap for both colors into the deck as you can afford. Secluded Steppe and Reliquary Tower should probably come out to make room for better lands. Plateau and Rugged Prairie are just too expensive to really recommend.
Replace Armillary Sphere with a Burnished Hart which has a better synergy in the deck. A 2/2 attacker or blocker that can be equipped and can be recurrred with Sun Titan seems really good.
Ride Down just seems like a crappy spot removal card. If you need more removal, consider a good old Wrath of God, Blasphemous Act, the new Star of Extinction as a board wipes.
Vessel of Endless Rest should be swapped with a Boros Signet. The Boros Signet hits a turn earlier, allows you to convert colorless mana from the Ghost Quarter, Reliquary Tower, Rogue's Passage, Seraph Sanctuary, Slayers' Stronghold, and the Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion. If you want to keep the Vessel of Endless Rest, then I would still recommend adding the Boros Signet anyway.
Akroma, Angel of Fury has always been a weak version of Akroma, Angel of Wrath and I've never really felt that it was that good a card. Her 'can't be countered' is nice but the morph ability seems tacked on just to fit the Time Spiral block's mechanic themes and not to make the card better.
Mikaeus, the Lunarch is ok, but you really aren't utilizing a +1/+1 counter theme in this deck and he feels a little slow. The X casting cost makes him more situational.
Tajic, Blade of the Legion is an underwhelming 2/2 for 4 mana. Yes, the indestructible is nice, but I've never really been in a situation where I was happy to draw that card. I just feel that there are better creatures.
Combat Celebrant is stuck with the horrible Exert mechanic. Why would I ever swing out and leave myself stuck not being able to untap my lands the next turn? Too risky. Especially in a multi-player environment. Just bad, cut it. World at War, Waves of Aggression, Scourge of the Throne, and Aggravated Assault would be much better options for multiple combat phases.
I know I previously recommended the Ranger of Eos but I don't think this deck is going for quick creatures. This deck is more about dropping bombs and making people deal with your threats. So the Ranger of Eos, Mikaeus, the Lunarch may not really fit this theme as well as other cards. After looking over the deck some more and looking at some of the options below, we may have to cut the Whitemane Lion and the Flametongue Kavu to make some room.
True Conviction, is a 'wins more' card. The card is strong, but only helps in a few situations. Let look at three different situations to see how interacts with the board state.
1: You have 4 or 5 creatures in play and you are attacking each turn. You are applying a significant ammount of combat damage to your opponents. You have a good chance of winning the game in the next couple of turns, depending on blockers. Does a True Conviction help in this situation? Not really. Can you win without it? Why cast it?
2: You have 4 or 5 creatures on the field, and a True Conviction. Someone board wipes with a Final Judgement. The next turn you get a creature on the field. The True Conviction gives your dude life link and double strike. This time it will help you stay in the game a bit longer and rebuild faster.
3: You have 4 or 5 creatures on the field. Someone board wipes with a Final Judgement. This time, instead of drawing a blocker, you top deck the True Conviction. Is this what you need now? No. You need boots on the ground, a blocker.
What do you think? And, before you ask, yes, I'll be reconsidering this card in my Brion Stoutarm deck.
Alright. Now that we've looked at things to cut, lets look at some options.
Angrath's Marauders would act as an additional Gisela, Blade of Goldnight. Firebrand Archer and Harsh Mentor are good ways to ping each opponent. Archetype of Aggression, Archetype of Courage, Odric, Lunarch Marshal could be really broken and dramtically alter combat. Homura, Human Ascendant works well with Brion Stoutarm and Gideon's Avenger could be outrageous. Kumano, Master Yamabushi has never let me down. Aegis of the Gods and Magus of the Moat provide some defensive options. The Defy Death and Herald of War you already have to provide you with a lot of resiliency and flexibilty with the addition of a Angel of Glory's Rise. Vanquisher's Banner would be really go in this deck naming either 'Human' or 'Angel'.
And thanks to all of the work I've put in on making suggestions to your deck, I've got to go back and update my Brion Stoutarm deck. So check back on that deck in a week or so. As always, temper these suggestions with your budget, collection, and play style. Feel free to let me know what you think of these recommendations.