|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Each other creature becomes a copy of target nonlegendary creature until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 weeks ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Mirrorweave needs to be in this deck! Instant speed 4 mana wrath seems good.
3 weeks ago
So for playing with a token theme, cards like these are probably pretty good.
1 month ago
I have a few suggestions that I think would help speed this deck up and make it even deadlier than it already is.
Cards I think you could live without:
My first suggestion is to add 4 or 5 more land. 31 land is very low, especially for a four color build, and missing land drops will hinder your game plan significantly.
Second suggestion is to consider more mana ramp. Having great ramp is essential to a quick, efficient start. Starting off slow will usually get you killed.
Third suggestion is cards I like for this theme. Just a few badass toys for your deck to mess around with.
Fun card suggestions:
1 month ago
Yes. In legacy even. Where by preventing my opponents from accessing their desired mana was an effective counterspell by them just not playing a card. Thus allowing me to save my counter or bounce for when they inevitably have enough mana, except by the time they do that I have set up one or more of my wincons.
With cursecatcher I am down a creature, limited to instant/sorcery, and is only guaranteed effective if my opponent has no mana to spend. I could have force spike to pick off creatures but again only guaranteed effective when no mana is available. Or dropping both of those cards I can use reef shaman to prevent anything being played, and free up four more slots.
Reef shaman remains in play, is an effective blocker later especially with lords, and my opponent plays nothing but colorless cards. Keeping that creature in play also contributes to my Mirrorweave on Master of the Pearl Trident wincon.
I know how to copy/paste a competitive merfolk deck I googled. They don't cover every scenario perfectly, neither does mine. I chose to do things this way cause it fits my style better and is proven effective. I wanted a modern version of the deck, but nothing is functionally similar enough to reef shaman without allowing my opponent to play too many spells early, thus cursecatcher for modern and if it doesn't hold up on its own I may need to drop my other early game strategies and choose a more traditional build.
2 months ago
Thanks a lot! Unfortunately Mirrorweave doesn't work that way. Every creature would become a copy of the land, but would cease to be creatures. The effect that initially turned those lands into creatures is independent of what is on the printed land card. While the creature-land is a legal target for Mirrorweave, enemy creatures will become copies of the land card itself without being creatures.
I guess Mirrorweave gets around blockers anyhow.
2 months ago
buildingadeck: I've also been wanting to give Thrasios/Tymna a try, but can't justify putting in the money at the moment.
When playing with less competitive decks, I try to get that problem-solving thrill by playing versatile cards like Domineering Will and Mirrorweave. Those sorts of cards can test your ability to set up the board and make the best decisions to get the most out of them. If nothing else, it's one option for making a game more challenging for yourself if the overall competitiveness of your group isn't as high as you would like it to be.