|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
: Add or to your mana pool. Adarkar Wastes deals 1 damage to you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||bakunet , Dsmonsta , Duct-Tape-Guardian , scare983 , Sparky41 , XxCataclysmiCxX , perrin515 , ajc3527 , MonoRedBomb.Com , frederiklw , The_Dragonmaster , Florg , meowCat1234 , Mousemke , dplerner , agardels , cklise , electrolynx|
|Want (35)||The_Besticle , Clawsun73 , LotusPhi , LuckMisesack , jtaddeo , sraid , Bull_Kai , Markwiz , wlbreda , CryAll , clayperce , Candyman949 , kvfd1719 , JGMFC , jamesesdad , magichood , IBWolfKnight , Penguin_Gamer_1 , Jashunaku , Loading_Error , Uncommon_Courtesy , RedJokr , Swagrajag , Unlife , angesoir , XVicarious , kungfurabbi , Fergernuggets , Radish , LoneCrusader399 , DarthMeatloaf , Doomguy80 , Xelgion , trolley , kovellen|
Adarkar Wastes Discussion
2 days ago
HobbyGamer007 Thank you for your time and effort, i'll go through every card now.
- Woolly Razorback: I know, I usually had it in here as another Plan B if Arcades gets too much hate but it's proven itself worthless and it will be exchanged.
- Counter: I know they are not the best and I'll replace them with some of you suggestions maybe, also probably Cyclonic Rift and Stifle
- Cultivate will be replaced with Farseek and i can't part with my japanese Skyshroud Claim i pulled in a Battlebond booster while I was in Tokyo. I know it's not the fastest but I also like Lands more than mana dorks because creatures die a lot faster in ouf group.
- Nature's Claim is a great card and it will replace Disenchant
- Don't underestimate Shield Wall and Steadfastness (the other mentioned cards are way worse). Normally I have 5-6 defender on the battlefield with an avg. toughness of 5, that's 25/30 strenght + one of the instants its 35-45 strenght which is normally enough to kill an opponent. Those cards often gave me the 1-2 extra damage I needed to kill.
- Disallow I like it because it gives versatility, but could be replaced with Stifle
- Dispel is very narrow and wasn't very usefull, could also be replaced
- Reality Shift is nice, probably switch Pongify for it
- Dorks: as I said, I don't really like dorks, maybe Noble Hierarch and/or Birds of Paradise will find a slot some day
- Signets are great to get the commander faster, depending on where I want to go with it
- Muddle the Mixture I don't really have any crucial 3 cmc cards in the deck yet
- Mystical Tutor great and could search Tower Defense for example but I don't think it is mach needed yet
- Sylvan Library and Mirri's Guile are very nice I look if I can get my hands one one, but without lifegain I prefer Mirri's Guile
For the lands, they are very good and I mentioned a lot of them under the "Fast Mana Base" tab. But I initially tried to keep the deck on a budget also because I think a lot of people following the deck will do. Nonetheless I increasingly wish for cards like Strip Mine in my deck. So I'll probably add one or two in the future. Also I'd probably add Adarkar Wastes and Brushland.
Thank you again for your suggestions and I'm happy that you took the time to comment on my deck to show me good improvements for my existing cards!
3 days ago
Sure thing. Sorry that took a while:
- Woolly Razorback: too expensive, not good
- Hindering Light: not good
- Remove Soul: not good
- Render Silent: too expensive, hard to cast
- Rewind: you don't wanna leave 4 mana open
- Chromatic Lantern: fixes all your mana, so it will be destroyed right away
- Cultivate: not good
- Skyshroud Claim: too late
- Condemn: not good
- Disenchant: claim is better
- Shield Wall: calculate mana cost/toughness boost. a 2 toughness per mana boost is good, anything wose should just stick or do something(like Call to Glory or Glorious Anthem, and even these are kind of bad.)
- Steadfastness: see shield wall
- Disallow: trickbind is better imho
- Pongify: leaves a 3/3
- Mana Leak: can be useless
- Dispel : very narrow for a deck like yours. I'd prefer Autumn's Veil or Heroic Intervention. adding the latter.
- Reality Shift: exile is awesome
- Noble Hierarch: mana dorks
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Arbor Elf
- Birds of Paradise
- Wild Growth
- Selesnya Signet: mana rocks
- Azorius Signet
- Simic Signet
- Mystical Tutor: finds everything
- Nature's Claim
- Echoing Truth
- Muddle the Mixture: finds a lot of really crucial cards and doubles down as an emergency counter
- Sylvan Library: too good not to run, even without paying life, fetches make this great. maybe also consider Mirri's Guile
Mana base(33 is enough at this average cmc):
- Tropical Island
- Arid Mesa
- Flooded Strand
- Marsh Flats
- Misty Rainforest
- Polluted Delta
- Scalding Tarn
- Verdant Catacombs
- Windswept Heath
- Wooded Foothills
- Horizon Canopy
- Reflecting Pool
- Adarkar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Ancient Tomb
- Nimbus Maze
- Strip Mine: Maze of Ith so you always wanna have one of these four sooner or later during a game.
- Ghost Quarter
- Tectonic Edge
- 3 Forest
- 3 Plains
- 4 Island
That's what I'd do and then playtest it and go tweaking. Hope that helps and also that it wasn't too brutal. For real tweaking please add a list of decks you play against or how a normal game looks like(amount of combo decks, creature decks, control decks per game). You do run lot's of creature spot removal, but I let that in, since you might need it.
6 days ago
Llanowar Wastes, Caves of Koilos, Adarkar Wastes, Brushland, Yavimaya Coast, and also Underground River are powerful cards, and the life loss rarely matters. Tarnished Citadel, Forbidden Orchard, Gemstone Mine, and Reflecting Pool are also very good.
1 month ago
Atrabilogie from here on out, the route you want to go with the deck (tempo, control, aggro, midrange) would determine what creatures & spells you'd want to run. There is also the question of how closely to the original theme of the deck (blinking/flickering) you want to stay, versus how competitive you'd like it to be- if you're looking to do well in tournaments, then cards like Ephara, God of the Polis, Phyrexian Ingester, even Venser, the Sojourner would likely need to be cut, though I consider Venser the heart/symbol of the deck. Again, it depends on what route you want to take, but that's totally up to you and your play style. This is also where my knowledge is not as strong, but I can definitely list some options and alternatives.
Eldrazi Displacer is a great creature to run for the blink/flicker theme, and has the added benefit of not just being able to target your creatures, but your opponent's creatures as well, potentially keeping a big threat at bay and preventing them from attacking. However, it's worth noting that the activated ability requires specifically colorless mana, so you would need to run something like Adarkar Wastes and/or Mystic Gate to ensure that.
Snapcaster Mage provides a ton of value and versatility, letting you recur spells from your graveyard (provided you do run a decent amount of instants & sorceries, such as the ones listed below).
Vendilion Clique is very good for control, allowing you to look at an opponent's hand and forcing them to tuck the biggest threat from their hand into their library.
I'm not too familiar with the planeswalkers, but Jace, the Mind Sculptor is a staple for any control deck.
As far as instants & sorceries, aside from Path to Exile, Cryptic Command is a very powerful spell in its versatility, with all of its modes being extremely relevant at any point in the game. Remand is also a great counterspell that provides tempo advantage, delaying your opponent's early game plan, while continuing to build your board while replacing itself. Serum Visions is likely the best 1-drop draw/scry spell in the Modern format, enabling you to keep your game plan on track. Opt is a close second for the same benefits. I also like Vapor Snag for aggro/tempo strategies.
Lastly, Aether Vial is an extremely powerful artifact that allows you to cast your creatures at flash speed, that cannot be countered, while also saving you mana. This card is probably one of the more ideal cards to still preserve the idea of blinking/flickering.
If you were inclined to go a third color, one of the most popular control archetypes is Jeskai Control, running red for extra value cards like Lightning Bolt, Lightning Helix, and Electrolyze. Snapcaster Mage becomes a must in this deck that runs a ton of instants and sorceries.
That's all I can think of now, but if I think of anything else, I'll let you know! Hopefully that provides some options for you to consider. Definitely plenty of routes you can take!
2 months ago
2 months ago
As you are running Darien and First Response I recommend getting for landbase:
Adarkar Wastes, Grand Coliseum, Tarnished Citadel, Nomad Stadium, Shefet Dunes, Ipnu Rivulet, Cephalid Coliseum and City of Brass.
Archangel's Light is extra heavy and dosen't do much. How about Resolute Archangel?.
Sanctified Charge is also an overcosted spell. How about a light and permanent pump with Intangible Virtue? If you like it to be at instant speed, there is Pride of Conquerors.
Hour of Eternity is also an amazing Token creator in blue decks.
3 months ago
Loonmoon18Thank you for your comment, you are totally right. How many lands would you recommend? Also, I just bought a Chromatic Lantern to put in and that should help as well. After reading your comment, I'm thinking of going to 36 lands. I'll add Mystic Monastery, Shivan Reef, and Adarkar Wastes. Do you know of any others that are good for fixing that won't break the bank?
3 months ago
Eldrazi Displacer would be a good permanent that can blink your creatures, as well as your opponents. Running lands such as Brushland, Adarkar Wastes, and Yavimaya Coast will add as well as the colored mana youre looking for. Hope this helps!