|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Land — Desert
T: Add ◊ to your mana pool.
1, T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Painted Bluffs Discussion
6 months ago
I like the idea a lot. I recommend taking out 5 cards to take it down to 60 cards so you have a bigger chance of drawing the right cards (Emrakul's Hatcher and some of the enchantments aren't great here imo.)
With your current land-base you might get manascrewed pretty often so lands that give multiple colors of mana would be great. Painted Bluffs and Rupture Spire both slow you down quite a bit, they're not very good. Jungle Shrine is better, enters tapped but mana of any color you need after that. Tranquil Expanse, Timber Gorge and Stone Quarry all work too.
Looking forward to updates!
7 months ago
Hi friend! Seems like a pretty sweet list. I love the wincon, and it's cool to see Lightning Bolt in a tron list.
I'm a little confused on why you're running 4 Mnemonic Wall over the 2 Ghostly Flicker/2 wall split you see in a lot of lists- Mnemonic is decent value, but at five mana, I'm not sure it has the same impact without having the option to flicker it. I'm also wondering if 4 Radiant Fountain is worth it in a three color tron list- I almost feel like a couple of those could be subbed out for a Rugged Highlands and a Swiftwater Cliffs, or some other combination of temur duals.
Another thought- what if you turned the Shimmering Grottos into Painted Bluffs, and jammed a couple copies of Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs? It'd give you a good early blocker, and potenitally speed up the burn wincon.
Good luck with the list!
7 months ago
8 months ago
As far as lands go, there's also Crypt of the Eternals, and cards like Ifnir Deadlands are still viable since a good portion of the lands you're playing can do mana fixing, like Painted Bluffs or Spire of Industry, though that might break the mono-neutral rule.
9 months ago
Traxos is tough... something like this would work.
Aether Hub, Arch of Orazca, Cascading Cataracts, Cradle of the Accursed, Dunes of the Dead, Endless Sands, Field of Ruin, Grasping Dunes, Hostile Desert, Inventors' Fair, Painted Bluffs, Scavenger Grounds, Sequestered Stash, Spire of Industry, Sunscorched Desert, Survivors' Encampment, Unclaimed Territory, Unknown Shores
Wastes woulda been nice here but at least we have a lot of colorless deserts. Not sure if its enough for a 60 card deck... I could be missing a few. Plus there are a few that come in tapped I believe.
9 months ago
I really love the idea behind this deck! It reminds me of something I would have come up with when I first started playing (I mean this in a very positive way!), as it is both plausible and creative!
- Cut 3 Khenra Eternal: They don't really fit into your game plan.
- Add 1 Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs: This card can be powerful in this type of deck.
- Cut 3 Painted Bluffs, 2 Survivors' Encampment, 2 Island, and 2 Swamp: This with the additions below will help smooth out your mana.
- Add 3 Ifnir Deadlands, 4 Fetid Pools, and 4 Drowned Catacomb: Since you are trying to ramp into something big, you probably want to hit as many land drops as you can. Plus you are running a lot of cycling lands, so that'll help mitigate flood.
- Cut 2 Faith of the Devoted, 2 Bontu's Monument, and 2 Kefnet's Monument: These cards don't have enough synergy with your deck, and you could use these slots to be more focused.
- Add 1 Trespasser's Curse, 2-3 Dowsing Dagger , and 3-4 Ammit Eternal: Dowsing Dagger can be really cute with Trespasser's Curse! And Ammit Eternal will ensure your damage gets through
- Cut 3 Scribe of the Mindful, 2 Merciless Eternal, and 1 Seeker of Insight: these cards are less good now that you've gotten rid of faith - Seeker and the Eternal still have potential though, which is why I left them.
- Add more removal! Once you get your Torment of Scarabs online, this deck will really be able to punish any opponent that can't get more than one creature out at a time.
- Removal to consider: Fatal Push, Vraska's Contempt, Underhanded Designs, Trial of Ambition, Ravenous Chupacabra, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Hostage Taker, Essence Extraction, Yahenni's Expertise or Walk the Plank
- Along with your new removal, you may want to play a copy of Dead Man's Chest because that's just cute. And I'm sure this goes without saying, but this deck would also like 2 The Scarab God
- You can easily get the city's blessing with this deck with all of the enchantments that you have, so playing Kumena's Awakening and Vona's Hunger would likely be good. Along the same route, Twilight Prophet would be great too
At this point, I'm sure you're getting tired of reading, but before you go, I will suggest one more thing: either add green or cut blue for green. This allows you to ramp with cards like Spring and Thunderherd Migration, which will power out your big cards earlier!
Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Feel free to reach out with your thoughts on my suggestions. Excited to see how you change it up. Please keep me updated on the results.
pinkpi on Merfolkens
10 months ago
You could get a Surgespanner or Cyclonic Rift pretty cheap if looking to improve. The Painted Bluffs, Cascading Cataracts and Survivors' Encampment seem like unnecessary and pretty bad mana fixing so those would probably be better as basics.
11 months ago
so i have a few suggestions life gain is fun and i have one with same colors except i went without blue. Aetherborn Marauder, Archangel of Thune, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Courser of Kruphix, Escaped Null, Felidar Sovereign, Gifted Aetherborn, Nyx-Fleece Ram, Rhox Faithmender, Spike Feeder, Vampire Nighthawk, Warden of the First Tree, Abzan Guide, Serra Ascendant, Grand Coliseum, Transguild Promenade, Rupture Spire, Painted Bluffs, Exotic Orchard, Aetherflux Reservoir, Chalice of Life Flip, Skull of Orm, Test of Endurance, Beacon of Immortality. having green i would suggest some more mana ramp too maybe something like Fog here is my deck also if you want to take a look. Damage Incorporated