|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Land — Desert
T: Add to your mana pool.
1, T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Painted Bluffs Discussion
4 days ago
Traxos is tough... something like this would work.
Aether Hub, Arch of Orazca, Cascading Cataracts, Cradle of the Accursed, Dunes of the Dead, Endless Sands, Field of Ruin, Grasping Dunes, Hostile Desert, Inventors' Fair, Painted Bluffs, Scavenger Grounds, Sequestered Stash, Spire of Industry, Sunscorched Desert, Survivors' Encampment, Unclaimed Territory, Unknown Shores
Wastes woulda been nice here but at least we have a lot of colorless deserts. Not sure if its enough for a 60 card deck... I could be missing a few. Plus there are a few that come in tapped I believe.
1 week ago
I really love the idea behind this deck! It reminds me of something I would have come up with when I first started playing (I mean this in a very positive way!), as it is both plausible and creative!
- Cut 3 Khenra Eternal: They don't really fit into your game plan.
- Add 1 Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs: This card can be powerful in this type of deck.
- Cut 3 Painted Bluffs, 2 Survivors' Encampment, 2 Island, and 2 Swamp: This with the additions below will help smooth out your mana.
- Add 3 Ifnir Deadlands, 4 Fetid Pools, and 4 Drowned Catacomb: Since you are trying to ramp into something big, you probably want to hit as many land drops as you can. Plus you are running a lot of cycling lands, so that'll help mitigate flood.
- Cut 2 Faith of the Devoted, 2 Bontu's Monument, and 2 Kefnet's Monument: These cards don't have enough synergy with your deck, and you could use these slots to be more focused.
- Add 1 Trespasser's Curse, 2-3 Dowsing Dagger , and 3-4 Ammit Eternal: Dowsing Dagger can be really cute with Trespasser's Curse! And Ammit Eternal will ensure your damage gets through
- Cut 3 Scribe of the Mindful, 2 Merciless Eternal, and 1 Seeker of Insight: these cards are less good now that you've gotten rid of faith - Seeker and the Eternal still have potential though, which is why I left them.
- Add more removal! Once you get your Torment of Scarabs online, this deck will really be able to punish any opponent that can't get more than one creature out at a time.
- Removal to consider: Fatal Push, Vraska's Contempt, Underhanded Designs, Trial of Ambition, Ravenous Chupacabra, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Hostage Taker, Essence Extraction, Yahenni's Expertise or Walk the Plank
- Along with your new removal, you may want to play a copy of Dead Man's Chest because that's just cute. And I'm sure this goes without saying, but this deck would also like 2 The Scarab God
- You can easily get the city's blessing with this deck with all of the enchantments that you have, so playing Kumena's Awakening and Vona's Hunger would likely be good. Along the same route, Twilight Prophet would be great too
At this point, I'm sure you're getting tired of reading, but before you go, I will suggest one more thing: either add green or cut blue for green. This allows you to ramp with cards like Spring and Thunderherd Migration, which will power out your big cards earlier!
Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Feel free to reach out with your thoughts on my suggestions. Excited to see how you change it up. Please keep me updated on the results.
pinkpi on Merfolkens
1 month ago
You could get a Surgespanner or Cyclonic Rift pretty cheap if looking to improve. The Painted Bluffs, Cascading Cataracts and Survivors' Encampment seem like unnecessary and pretty bad mana fixing so those would probably be better as basics.
2 months ago
so i have a few suggestions life gain is fun and i have one with same colors except i went without blue. Aetherborn Marauder, Archangel of Thune, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Courser of Kruphix, Escaped Null, Felidar Sovereign, Gifted Aetherborn, Nyx-Fleece Ram, Rhox Faithmender, Spike Feeder, Vampire Nighthawk, Warden of the First Tree, Abzan Guide, Serra Ascendant, Grand Coliseum, Transguild Promenade, Rupture Spire, Painted Bluffs, Exotic Orchard, Aetherflux Reservoir, Chalice of Life Flip, Skull of Orm, Test of Endurance, Beacon of Immortality. having green i would suggest some more mana ramp too maybe something like Fog here is my deck also if you want to take a look. Damage Incorporated
2 months ago
2 months ago
And those big Dinos being full playsets Ripjaw Raptor, Regisaur Alpha, and Carnage Tyrant with stuff like Reckless Rage and Savage Stomp being good removal. Ghalta, Primal Hunger and Gishath, Sun's Avatar are also good choices.
For your mana base, things like Painted Bluffs and Unknown Shores are purely awful when you have cards like Unclaimed Territory, Inspiring Vantage, Rootbound Crag, and Sunpetal Grove that mana fix far more efficiently.
3 months ago
4 months ago
I guess you want to use this commander? If so then Citadel Siege, Mentor of the Meek, Elite Scaleguard og Bygone Bishop are all great cheap cards for white weenie. For better ramp I would go with cards like Pearl Medallion, Marble Diamond and Commander's Sphere. Also just get ride of Painted Bluffs and Survivors' Encampment and just add Plains or Secluded Steppe and Myriad Landscape. I can also recommend using something like EDHREC when you need help to find cards for your deck. Hope you find this usefull.