|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell, activated ability, or triggered ability. (Mana abilities can't be targeted.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 day ago
You are already running Voidslime... Why are you on he fence about Disallow? The more the merrier. They are great Swiss army knife counters. Also, Song of the Dryads is another unique spot removal permanent similar to Imprisoned in the Moon.
2 weeks ago
Yes. An activated ability is an ability that can be activated by a player by paying a cost. The cost can be almost anything, such as sacrificing a permanent, paying mana, paying life, or tapping the permanent with the ability (T). Activated abilities are usually found on permanents, but can sometimes be used on cards in other zones, such as the graveyard or a player's hand.Only an object's controller (or owner, if it has no controller) can activate its activated abilities unless the ability says otherwise. Also, you can usually activate an activated ability any time you have priority, unless it says otherwise. Except for those that are mana abilities, activated abilities use the stack.A player cannot activate an activated ability of a creature that includes the tap symbol (T) or the untap symbol (Q) in its cost unless he or she has controlled the creature continuously since the start of his or her most recent turn. This condition is informally known as "summoning sickness".Activated abilities cannot be countered by spells or abilities that counter spells, because they aren't spells. However, there are cards, such as Stifle, Squelch, and Voidslime, that can be used to counter these abilities.
2 weeks ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
@Barsan Thanks for clearing that up, the rules on morph are a bit strange so I wasn't sure.
Wow, never even heard of Fractured Identity, Ill definitely try and find a spot for this. (It's so mean with Phage the Untouchable, I love it XD).
Roon of the Hidden Realm is a interesting one. He does provide a lot of useful utility, but I'm not sure if I have enough cards that work well with him to make him worth it. I'll definitely give him a try though.
Sundial of the Infinite is kinda in the same boat as Roon of the Hidden Realm (obviously it would work better if I included both of them). I do like how easily accessible it is, I think almost all my tutors can hit a two mana artifact.
I think I'll end up just cutting Voidslime. Thanks for the note on Disallow though.
I know Felidar Sovereign is cheesy in EDH, but the fact that my opponents always have to look out for it s partly why I use it.
Thanks again for all the great suggestions.
1 month ago
@Exxie97 He is confusing flipping and flickering. Flickered Creatures leave combat and have summoning sickness, Flipped creatures do not.
Roon of the Hidden Realm exists in your colors and can be used to unflip specific creatures after your opponents swing out, as a means of defense, or to repeat powerful ETB Triggers such as Ixidron and with Voidslime's stifle effect, or Sundial of the Infinite (Which can also prevent detrimental ETB effects) you can permanently exile creatures... even Commanders.
I absolutely hate that Felidar Sovereign is allowed in EDH. At least a Phage Textwin is risky.
1 month ago
1 month ago
First pass at cuts.
Ankle Shanker, Baleful Strix, Bloodbraid Elf, Cromat, Daxos of Meletis, Dimir Doppelganger, Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Enigma Sphinx, Etherium-Horn Sorcerer, Giltspire Avenger, Harmonic Sliver, Jenara, Asura of War, Juniper Order Ranger, Knight of New Alara, Kresh the Bloodbraided, Lightning Angel, Madrush Cyclops, Magister Sphinx, Mantis Rider, Master Biomancer, Mystic Snake, O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami, Oloro, Ageless Ascetic, Pharika's Mender, Progenitor Mimic, Progenitus, Qasali Pridemage, Rubinia Soulsinger, Ruhan of the Fomori, Samut, Voice of Dissent, Shadowmage Infiltrator, Sharuum the Hegemon, Solemn Simulacrum, Stoic Angel, Surrak Dragonclaw, The Mimeoplasm, Thraximundar, Transguild Courier, Vulturous Zombie, Wall of Denial, Wasitora, Nekoru Queen, Witch-Maw Nephilim
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes, Bant Charm, Behemoth Sledge, Catch / Release, Citanul Flute, Counterflux, Crackling Doom, Crime/Punishment, Crosis's Charm, Cruel Ultimatum, Darksteel Ingot, Dreadbore, Dromar's Charm, Erratic Portal, Esper Charm, Expedition Map, Fellwar Stone, Fist of Suns, Flying Crane Technique, Fractured Identity, Ghirapur Orrery, Golgari Charm, Helm of Awakening, Hindering Light, Hunting Grounds, Mortify, Obzedat's Aid, Panharmonicon, Plasm Capture, Prophetic Bolt, Psychic Strike, Rakdos Charm, Render Silent, Signal the Clans, Spinal Embrace, Terminate, Unscythe, Killer of Kings, Utter End, Voidslime
This leaves you with 114 cards. Though I didn't really consider curve when I made these cuts so I don't know what will happen to that. Regardless, this would be my first pass at cuts.