|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sigil of Distinction
Artifact — Equipment
Sigil of Distinction enters the battlefield with X charge counters on it.
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each charge counter on Sigil of Distinction.
Equip-Remove a charge counter from Sigil of Distinction.
Sigil of Distinction Discussion
7 months ago
This looks like an interesting shell, however it could probably be made more efficient. As an example, why play a 5 mana artifact Cauldron of Souls when a 2 mana instant can perform the same trick Cauldron Haze. Another suggestion I have is Trinket Mage, which can fetch Walking Ballista, essentially giving you another way to pull out one of your win-cons. If you use the Mage then Sigil of Distinction also becomes a useful alt-win-con.
You also seem to be missing two obvious artifacts in the form of Coretapper and Energy Chamber, with perhaps a 3rd for card draw in Culling Dais. There is also the land Llanowar Reborn, which I think would be a better fit in your deck than Burst of Strength, the graft mechanic itself might be a good fit in general. Other cards to consider include Zameck Guildmage, Fate Transfer and Bioshift.
I played during tempest, where the spikes were first introduced and while they are cool, they were never inherently powerful, bar the surprise Spike Cannibal, which isn't modern legal. I realise I've thrown up a lot of cards and I wouldn't expect you to try and include them all, but hopefully this helps you improve your brew.
9 months ago
Personally, I'd drop the Sigil of Distinction and Spellbook in favor of Impact Tremors. Just makes more sense than an Artifact that nulls itself out over time, or even an unlimited had that you really don't want to be trading cards out of the way this deck allows.
9 months ago
Looking at your commander, I feel like Spidersilk Net, Sigil of Distinction, Paradise Mantle, Kite Shield, Cathar's Shield, and Bone Saw should pretty much be auto-inclusions along the lines of Accorder's Shield. They're all pretty weak, but as long as your commander is in play they replace themselves for free, so it's like getting to play a thinner deck with occasional fringe benefits. Most of them are pretty cheap to buy as well.
10 months ago
Sigil of Distinction seems made for her!
Coat of Arms as well.
1 year ago
Looks like a great start ahve a +1.
Here's my two cents:
Some goodstuffs: Angelic Destiny, Basilisk Collar, Captain's Claws, Empyrial Plate, Fireshrieker, Masterwork of Ingenuity, Sigil of Distinction, Umezawa's Jitte, Blackblade Reforged, Brass Squire, and Vulshok Battlemaster, Silver-Inlaid Dagger
1 year ago
- Cradle of Vitality seems incredible here, given the lifelink from Brion.
- Sunbond is a slightly weaker but still good
- Well of Lost Dreams will keep your hand full for the same reason.
- Stalking Vengeance combos well with Brion, as well as punishes people who might try to wrath your board.
- Sigil of Distinction makes a nice reusable buff for multiple Brion flings
- Zealous Conscripts seems like an auto-include
You'll almost certainly want to play some Wrath of God style board clears, since you will often be clearing your own board with Brion. Good options besides the aforementioned wrath:
There are some other good red staples to consider that are on theme with the deck:
1 year ago
1 year ago
Hey, looks good.
Here's some budget suggestions:
- Balan, Wandering Knight: another Armory Automaton, but with double strike
- Grand Abolisher: opponents can't kill creature being equipped in response on your turn
- Mother of Runes: protect creature your equipping, Puresteel or Sram from targeted removal
- Bloodforged Battle-Axe: gets out of hand very fast. An equipment that copies itself is very good with this strategy
- Mask of Memory: draw two is very good
- Loxodon Warhammer: trample and lifelink, good combo
- O-Naginata: one drop with +3/0 and trample is very good
- Sigil of Distinction
- Flickering Ward: protection and repeatable draw with Sram
- Rogue's Passage: make equipped voltron creature unblockable with a land
Cards to consider cutting:
- Blade of the Bloodchief
- Civic Saber
- Inventor's Goggles
- Silver-Inlaid Dagger
- Skyblinder Staff
- Veteran's Sidearm
- Bladed Bracers
- Crystal Vein
Good luck with your deck.
No data for this card yet.